Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

A thread for corpers posted to Cross river - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Cross river (23118 Views)

Inside Cross River NYSC 'Orientation Camp' (Photos) / Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by ITbomb(m): 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
For those of you who seeing Cross River , say ' I have been posted to Calabar ' you may be disappointed as the camp is miles from Calabar and at the end of the day ur PPA may be nearer to Adamawa state than Calabar.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by stineb1: 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
As an indígene, i want to Authoritatively advise Corpers posted to Cross River State travelling from south west and East to board a vehicle going to Abakaliki in Ebonyi state.From there, board another vehicle to Apiapum town in Obubra LGA where the orientation camp is located. Travelling through calabar will be long and hectíc,unless you can afford flight. Travelling from calabar to the orientation Camp is another 4 to 5 hours.
Not to worry. The camp is currently the best Equipt in the country cos it was restructuréd and used as rehabilitation camp for Ex Militants.
You will eat alot of groundnut soup, Afáng, Okro,yams and rich Obubra Rice(Ofada isnt añ equal)
Dont be bothered about Language issue,cos an Average Northern Cross Riverian can speak and write English very well.
Lastly,for the guys, our gals are beautiful. Marriage is inexpensive,detribalised and allówed. Dont think of hit and run cos ul be located.
Enjoy your stay in the peoples paradise.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by ITbomb(m): 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
stine b: Dont think of hit and run cos ul be located.
Enjoy your stay in the peoples paradise.
^^^
They told me that but I proved them wrong.
Just don't let them drop their bag in ur room for more that a nite
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Urch90: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
to all corpers,starting there camp on tuesday,i pray for all of u,u shall go in peace and return in peace,no accident no suden death no arm robers no kidnapers no boko haram will see u,u will serve in peace,u will surely eat the fruit of ur labour in skull after service,i cover all of u with the BLOOD OF JESUS.i pray in Jesus name.amen.GOODLUCK.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
folacsc200: thanks for the directive sir but if i am leaving from ibadan and i dont wanna follow cross country(because cross country is expensive),pls which directive should i follow?
Hi, I served in CR in 2011 batch A....u can get a tctc bus to calabar frm dia eleyele park its beta dan cross country...or u can inquire @ idi-ape if dt is closer to u. Safe trip and enjoy
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by ashaju33: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
jsben: i'l b goin frm osogbo 2mrw...i wz told to take a bus frm osogbo to onitsha
i served in cross river and am from osogbo. there are two ways of boarding car from osogbo to cross river camp
(1) you go to ibadan to enter motor to calaba either by tctc or cross crountry...this is tctc ibadan chairman's no 08075080118 incase u want to book. then from calaba u enter motor going to obubura
(2) i consider this as shorter but stressful cos this is how i traveled when i was going to camp then. enter onitsha from osogbo, then wen u get to onitsha u enter car going to abakaliki (ebonyi state), then from abakaliki ask for where u can get motor going to 'afikpo' ask the afikpo driver that u will stop at 'abaomege'. then from abaomege u will take bike to ugep (usually 200/250 naiara) and dey use to carry two people on bike. then when u get to ugep u take anoda motor to obubra...i will not deceive you this second option is shorter cos calabar is very far from osogbo minimum of 13hrs and dnt forget u still have another 4 hrs journey more to obubbura from calaba...

2 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Emusan(m): 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
jsben:
thnkz...hw fr iz ugep or ikom frm onitsha?
just about 3-4hrs. Uwc
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by getukudo(m): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
What I will sincerely advice you guys to do, which I think is a better idea would be for all of you being posted to calabar is to assemble yourselves at a park and pick a bus, contribute money and head to obubra at once, instead of spending money individually. For those coming from PH, Enugu and other parts of the south east and south south regions, enter a direct bus to calabar (N3500 - N4500) and drop off at Etim Edem park, there you will get a direct bus/taxi to obubra, that way they'll drop you off at the camp gate at apiapun.

Happy service year!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Gombs(m): 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2012
Otondos,welcome to cross river,am batch B and u guys shd buckle up wella...u knw here's no longer an oil producing state?...am at obudu,u guys wil be at obubra for 3wks,try not to wrk u posting to Calabar,choose Ikom.Ogoja or Ugep or evn Obudu (note d ranch is not in obudu)...happy for u all,Йą una go tire.say M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ hi τ̅☺ Ajegunle and corporal peter....cheers mates...ping M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ if u posted τ̅☺ obudu 28CE6F42
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by prodam(m): 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
thanks guys.... am boarding ABC tommorow from lagos,.. @ which bustop should I alight?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by jsben(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
ashaju33:
i served in cross river and am from osogbo. there are two ways of boarding car from osogbo to cross river camp
(1) you go to ibadan to enter motor to calaba either by tctc or cross crountry...this is tctc ibadan chairman's no 08075080118 incase u want to book. then from calaba u enter motor going to obubura
(2) i consider this as shorter but stressful cos this is how i traveled when i was going to camp then. enter onitsha from osogbo, then wen u get to onitsha u enter car going to abakaliki (ebonyi state), then from abakaliki ask for where u can get motor going to 'afikpo' ask the afikpo driver that u will stop at 'abaomege'. then from abaomege u will take bike to ugep (usually 200/250 naiara) and dey use to carry two people on bike. then when u get to ugep u take anoda motor to obubra...i will not deceive you this second option is shorter cos calabar is very far from osogbo minimum of 13hrs and dnt forget u still have another 4 hrs journey more to obubbura from calaba...
thnkz so much....how lng wil d 2nd option take?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by jsben(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
ashaju33:
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by jsben(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
Emusan: just about 3-4hrs. Uwc

thnkz
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by yamunla(m): 7:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
From ilorin,is it faster to pass thru abakaliki Or Calabar..and how many hours is Ilorin 2 abakaliki,compared to ilorin to calabar?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by ashaju33: 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
jsben:
u are welikomu. from osogbo to onitsha is around 5/6 hrs(shine ur eye very well in onitsha and dnt put ur call up letter in your lugage oh), from onitsha to abakaliki is around 3hrs but the road is seriously bad, from abakaliki to abaomege is around 40mins but the road is bad, from abaomege to ugep is around 30min and from ugep to obubra is around 2hrs.the cumulative hrs is around 12 hrs unlike going from ibadan to calabar min of 13hrs, and from calabar to obubra 3/4 hrs making cumulative of 16/17hrs. and i will advice you to go park early so as to arrive early. u will get onitsha car around old garage osogbo
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Saraha1(f): 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
@Gombs how can you advice OTODOS to come to Obudu?Obudu only has name but nothing to show even the ranch of a thing is located at obaniku local GOVT. hope you are not serving at Utugwang village?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by jsben(m): 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
ashaju33:
u are welikomu. from osogbo to onitsha is around 5/6 hrs(shine ur eye very well in onitsha and dnt put ur call up letter in your lugage oh), from onitsha to abakaliki is around 3hrs but the road is seriously bad, from abakaliki to abaomege is around 40mins but the road is bad, from abaomege to ugep is around 30min and from ugep to obubra is around 2hrs.the cumulative hrs is around 12 hrs unlike going from ibadan to calabar min of 13hrs, and from calabar to obubra 3/4 hrs making cumulative of 16/17hrs. and i will advice you to go park early so as to arrive early. u will get onitsha car around old garage osogbo
thnkz so much, 'm rili grateful
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mayb u come to Obanliku lolz
@Sarah r u currently in Obudu?
Sarah a: @Gombs how can you advice OTODOS to come to Obudu?Obudu only has name but nothing to show even the ranch of a thing is located at obaniku local GOVT. hope you are not serving at Utugwang village?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by yungreezy: 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2012
Chigo@god:
Enter 2 Calabar den 2 Obubra
Okay thanks. But some peeps told me differently
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by yungreezy: 9:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
Gombs: Otondos,welcome to cross river,am batch B and u guys shd buckle up wella...u knw here's no longer an oil producing state?...am at obudu,u guys wil be at obubra for 3wks,try not to wrk u posting to Calabar,choose Ikom.Ogoja or Ugep or evn Obudu (note d ranch is not in obudu)...happy for u all,Йą una go tire.say M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ hi τ̅☺ Ajegunle and corporal peter....cheers mates...ping M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ if u posted τ̅☺ obudu 28CE6F42
Why not calabar if I may ask?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by dinobanj: 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
It is well everybody will get to obubra in jesus name. Amen. From calabar to obubra is 1hr:30min. If u can get to calabar from ur destination, just stop at etim edem park and board ikom cab. All the drivers will give u an accurate direction to camp. God bless
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Gombs(m): 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
Sarah a: @Gombs how can you advice OTODOS to come to Obudu?Obudu only has name but nothing to show even the ranch of a thing is located at obaniku local GOVT. hope you are not serving at Utugwang village?

Am at Govt Boys Obudu,....and obudu comparedto Boki,Bekwarra,akpet1 n 2...etc...u served in obudu too?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Gombs(m): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2012
yung_reezy:

Wen u get thr,u'll undstnd
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by dinobanj: 4:58am On Nov 05, 2012
Pls don't discourage strangers about the disttance. If from calabar to ogoja is 4-5 hrs, hw will calabar to obubra be the same? Pls it doesn't exceed 3hrs, even with keke napep
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Nonywendy(m): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2012
prodam: thanks guys.... am boarding ABC tommorow from lagos,.. @ which bustop should I alight?

dia last bus stop @ etta agbor. If u get dia, jst call me. Cos if u cum from lagos to calabar, it wil b late
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by RichEstate(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2012
I'm already in onitsha from akure. Fare at #1850. Presently inside ikom bus #1600 from onitsha south. I'll stop at obubra junction. CROSSing RIVER to success.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Nonywendy(m): 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2012
yung_reezy:

calabar is expensive....*winkz*
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Tosman12(m): 11:57am On Nov 06, 2012
Please how do i get to camp from benue. Easiest route please guyz?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by prodam(m): 6:57am On Nov 20, 2012
sup people, its cool here in obubra, cross-river state...mixed feelings though....I stil can't wait for 27th to come...are u guyz enjoying the camp?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
Helllo pipz.I have jxt bin redeployed 4rm sokoto to crossriver and iono au 2 go abt it.I don't even kno,mayb I shld b happy or sad.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Cross river by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
mZ sleeq: Helllo pipz.I have jxt bin redeployed 4rm sokoto to crossriver and iono au 2 go abt it.I don't even kno,mayb I shld b happy or sad.
Where did you choose in the initial redeployment form?

(1) (2) (3)

My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) / Enugu SME Smes NYSC 2019 Teacher Digital Marketing SEO Agency In Enugu / B15 Corps Members Verify Your Details On Nysc Website + Treatment of Complaints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.