Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,618 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:11 PM

"Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us (5438 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Entire Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by ogoamaka99(m): 12:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
WENGERNOMICS:

Ha....ok.....I think you already have a biased frame of reference towards him...I am totally convinced all you have said of him I'd false....and ur points are watery. Yes....Jesus is the standard and I can assure u that a lot of people have a mis-conception that Jesus was a poor beggar showing people the way to a rich heaven......let me take ur points one by one:
1. If u really claim to know the word of God.....then u would know that Bishop is one of the soundest preachers of the Word around.....almost hard to differentiate his writings from Kenneth Hagin Snr of blessed memory.
2.All this talk of using poor people's money to build universities is ignorant talk. Bishop does not like making noise when he does charitable stuff but it may interest u to know that 90% of the 1st set of students @ Landmark University are on his personal scholarship throughout their stay there....now calculate that. I have people there so I know what am saying. For CU, try comapring the educational standards and infrastructure with other private universities. And then when God blesses you enough, u can make your own free of charge.
3. You speak of misappropriation of church funds and prosperity preaching......I attended Winners for the 1st 2 years before I got a job......I did not pay a sinlge kobo because I did not have.and d advice dat came from him was dat anyone who does not have to give should rasie empty envelopes up when everybody else is raising....when u have u give...I can tell u for free dat in d past 7 yrs, I have never felt pressured by style or coercion to give anything......same with anyone I know...and for d private jets the church owns......I think only a hypocite cites d example of 'fat prophet using poor people's money to buy jet'....Do u sincerly expect d entire pastorate and bishops to be fighting for tickets....read apostle paul very very well.....if he was in this age.....he would even be buying such for other apostles to use.....the gospel is more important than wall street or white house...and d man dey over work.....I have a close pastor friend who told me that working with Bishop na one chance....because he is a work maniac......and for those staff who think flying with him na enjoyment.......dat they have enter trouble cos he will supply u real work......so,let's be truthful.....his schedule and that of the other 5 Bishops are too tight to be entering ARIK......am sure u will get to a point in ur life when work will hook u that bad to need faster and more reliable mobility......Bishop made a comment that scared me on sunday but I am still investigating.....He said dat no president in d whole world can match his work schedule.....and internal sources seem to confirm it....
4. You call him incompetent......for me that is d point that exposes your bias.....how does someone that is incompetent become a chancellor of 2 universities......and is in d process of building 5 more.......how does an incompetent person make sense to 200000 people every sunday.....how does an incompetent person get a barrage of calls from African presidents begging him to help their country.......how does an incompetent person manage the gigantic estate of Winners Chapel.......how does an incompetent person gets interviewed by TIME magazine over again......let's be sincere......ur points are without merit......u already have a skewed frame of reference about him
5. You talk about lifestyle.......which one.......every car he has now was given to him by a member...their motive is a differnet thing altogether.....he needs d jet for ministry work......what again......he has a house in d US...is dat an achievement?....what again!

I just think u should calm down.....if u notice......Bishop NEVER replies these accusations because......his opinion is dat.......Mockers are doing their job and so why should someone doing their job disturb him.......

Finally,I would say without equivocation that......I never knew what d dignity of labout meant but for his teachings, I never knew what Purity and fearing God meant but for how he clarified it......I never knew dat I must give my parents a monthly gift from my salary until his teachings, or dat having human connections puts God off but for his teachings.........

So Bros.......do ur homework well......look at it from an unbiased stand point and listen to him well well......prosperity is just one of his teachings........If all these things av said does not convince you......then make we dey watch......Na God know who he 'Sent' and who he did not send!
@ WENGERNOMICS,
It seems you have precious time to waste arguing with pastor kun. He has a mind set and grieved against Oyedepo and every MOG. No wonder he choose a forum name pastor kun MEANING ANTI PASTOR. It will take the mercies of GOD change his opinion about Oyedepo. But i keep telling him that his fight against Oyedepo is a fight in futility and will continue to fail miserably. It is foolish for pastor kun to think that he will use bare foot to bring down a concrete wall.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
ogoamaka99:
@ WENGERNOMICS,
It seems you have precious time to waste arguing with pastor kun. He has a mind set and grieved against Oyedepo and every MOG. No wonder he choose a forum name pastor kun MEANING ANTI PASTOR. It will take the mercies of GOD change his opinion about Oyedepo. But i keep telling him that his fight against Oyedepo is a fight in futility and will continue to fail miserably. It is foolish for pastor kun to think that he will use bare foot to bring down a concrete wall.

God bless you
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by pure123: 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2012
God will help us........But one thing am sure of is that God knows his own people, private jet or private maruwa...God knows all.

1 Like

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by WENGERNOMICS(m): 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
ogoamaka99:
@ WENGERNOMICS,
@ogoamaka99......dear....sometimes.....its annoying dat people will be running their mouth because Bishop does not like responding.....but its just for d benefit of people who are genuinley ignorant.....I have been to enough churches and been a christian long enough to know fake when I see it......and truly.....fake plenty.....but fake is proof dat original dey.....Beyond all these points......I have had visionary encounters with Bishop that confirm to me beyond reasonable doubts dat he is sent of God......not Once but 3 times......and each time......my level dey change..... August 2012 will never be forgotton in my life because of the quality of teaching I received on : My turn for a turnaround
So......let innocently ignorant people know dat if there are 2 Pastors I can bet and vouch for in this country ......they are Daddy GO and Bishop....There are many others oh ....God will give men understanding!
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by slimming: 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2012
@pastor kun, thank for your strong defense against Oyedepo.

But, am afraid Oyedepo has a convincing testimonies around the country.

Please, since you started your preaching what evidence of God mandate can you show me? please am waiting
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by WENGERNOMICS(m): 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2012
pure123: God will help us........But one thing am sure of is that God knows his own people, private jet or private maruwa...God knows all.

Even if some men of God were not pastors.....by virtue of the amount of work they put into their task.......their hard work would have resulted in them owning a private jet na! Adeboye has a PHD in Mathematics......who ever thinks it is beans to lead a congregation like RCCG should go and buy pulpit....Me too.....I am working hard enough to be able to buy a private jet by the time I am 40.....its not rocket science.....its hardwork.....Its a different thing if a governor buys a $35m bombardier jet.....u would be asking for a declaration of their assets before they took office.
Daddy GO, Kumuyi and Oyedepo did not start last year oh.........For people who rily want a full story on Oyedepo sha....get d latest church book: THE MANDATE.....clean clear evidence of a sent man of God.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by WENGERNOMICS(m): 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
slimming: @pastor kun, thank for your strong defense against Oyedepo.

But, am afraid Oyedepo has a convincing testimonies around the country.

Please, since you started your preaching what evidence of God mandate can you show me? please am waiting
@slimming......d guys defence is not even strong sef.......imagine him calling Bishop 'incompetent'......I just resigned from a Big 4 accounting firm.....70% of d people there are from Covenant Uni.......Hot and Sharp young people......and Bishop is Chancellor......how can u call him incompetent.....if nothing.....the church building is in the 2009 guiness book of world records for largest single church building in the world......na beans......abeg.....he has no defence!!!!!
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by PastorKun(m): 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2012
@wengernomics and other oyedepo apologists
I truly understand your predicament and I sympathise with you being victims of this strong delusion. I really don't have the time and energy to start proving to you that a rogue is the same person as a thief. Even if I did you would not accept as it would take the grace of God for the scales to fall off your eyes. The best I can do for you is to urge you to study the book epistles to Timothy and the one to Titus and you would find there what is required of a genuine man of God. That is the biblical standard. Any preacher that does not rank high on this standard is false as far as the bible is concerned. In oyedepo's case he ranks extremely very low as a genuine preacher of the word even though he might rank very high as an entrepreneur/administrator/business acumen/ con man. As far as being a genuine man of God is concerned he remains a charlatan.

1 Like

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by WENGERNOMICS(m): 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
Pastor Kun: @wengernomics and other oyedepo apologists
I truly understand your predicament and I sympathise with you being victims of this strong delusion. I really don't have the time and energy to start proving to you that a rogue is the same person as a thief. Even if I did you would not accept as it would take the grace of God for the scales to fall off your eyes. The best I can do for you is to urge you to study the book epistles to Timothy and the one to Titus and you would find there what is required of a genuine man of God. That is the biblical standard. Any preacher that does not rank high on this standard is false as far as the bible is concerned. In oyedepo's case he ranks extremely very low as a genuine preacher of the word even though he might rank very high as an entrepreneur/administrator/business acumen/ con man. As far as being a genuine man of God is concerned he remains a charlatan.

Oya......as na you know Bible pass...as na you get sense pass the millions who have believed his testimony of God's call on his life.....as na you know pass Enoch Adeboye;his spiritual father..make we dey watch....no need for sympathy....Like I said somewhere else.....Life has no return match.....ur decisions in this <120 year lease of life we've got will matter for eternity......and so its your call....its my call....its everyone's individual call.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by PastorKun(m): 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2012
WENGERNOMICS:

Oya......as na you know Bible pass...as na you get sense pass the millions who have believed his testimony of God's call on his life.....as na you know pass Enoch Adeboye;his spiritual father..make we dey watch....no need for sympathy....Like I said somewhere else.....Life has no return match.....ur decisions in this <120 year lease of life we've got will matter for eternity......and so its your call....its my call....its everyone's individual call.

Just remember that millions following a pastor's doctrine is NOT proof of authenticity. The bible already makes it clear that millions would follow the broad way which is false.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by newspapers: 11:20am On Sep 04, 2014
His latest message could be found here - http://www.shiloh.com.ng/encounter-god-rest-shiloh/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Fake Pastors In Nigeria / Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking / Breaking News: Bishop David Oyedepo Loses Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.