Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,399 members, 7,861,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (27118 Views)

Muslims Will Go To Heaven More Than Christians If... / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 12:20am On Nov 05, 2012
tevinsolt:

ignorance u say?........just so you know i'm a bioscience major in the uni, and i know every single thing i'm talking about.......just like i said even if God reveal himself to you, you will continue in your ways
boy, go back to school and read well.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by UyiIredia(m): 12:24am On Nov 05, 2012
Lord Babs: is that your evidence? Smh

SMH since you don't see the evidence.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

It seems you're tired of debating with me and want to quickly end our discussion. That said I must say that you're lazy.

You are ery deceitful. You were repeating lies and nonsense over and over again

Repeated lies

-atheism is an ideology
-Darwinism/evolution cause Hitler to kill
-27% of X is less than 21% of Y in proportion (Fallacy)

Who wants to argue with ignorance?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by UyiIredia(m): 1:03am On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

You are ery deceitful. You were repeating lies and nonsense over and over again

I wasn't. I was giving cogent points.

Logicboy03: Repeated lies

-atheism is an ideology
-Darwinism/evolution cause Hitler to kill
-27% of X is less than 21% of Y in proportion (Fallacy)

Yes, atheism is an ideology. Yes, Darwinism was the basis for Hitler's actions. But no, I never said 27% of Christians is less than 21% of atheists. That's a lie. What I said was considering their proportions the atheists fared worse than the Christians.

Logicboy03:
Who wants to argue with ignorance?

Who wants to argue with a mumu ?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I wasn't. I was giving cogent points.

Yes, atheism is an ideology. Yes, Darwinism was the basis for Hitler's actions. But no, I never said 27% of Christians is less than 21% of atheists. That's a lie. What I said was considering their proportions the atheists fared worse than the Christians.

Who wants to argue with a mumu ?

And yet, you repeat the lies?

-Atheism is an ideology? lie
-Darwinism caused hitler to kill. lies
-78% of atheist marriages are successful but according to Uyi iredia, the atheist have problems
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 5:03am On Nov 05, 2012
*sighs* undecided
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by UyiIredia(m): 6:34am On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

And yet, you repeat the lies?

-Atheism is an ideology? lie
-Darwinism caused hitler to kill. lies
-78% of atheist marriages are successful but according to Uyi iredia, the atheist have problems

I think I've sufficiently dealt with the crap you brought up here on previous posts. Read over them.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I think I've sufficiently dealt with the crap you brought up here on previous posts. Read over them.

More lies.

Anyone can see that you lost the argument and went on to repeat lies
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by MrAnony1(m): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

More lies.

Anyone can see that you lost the argument and went on to repeat lies
Lol, I wonder what passes for "winning an argument" in your book.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I wonder what passes for "winning an argument" in your book.

Seriously?

If you have nothing to say, its best to keep quiet. Your pal was caught lying.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by MrAnony1(m): 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Seriously?

If you have nothing to say, its best to keep quiet. Your pal was caught lying.
lol, was he now?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony:
lol, was he now?

Dont embarrass yourself. Dont try to be sly. Your pal got caught lying.

-atheism is an ideology (lie)

Ideology;
1)A system of ideas and ideals, esp. one that forms the basis of economic or political policy: "the ideology of republicanism".
2) The ideas and manner of thinking of a group, social class, or individual: "a critique of bourgeois ideology"
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by MrAnony1(m): 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Dont embarrass yourself. Dont try to be sly. Your pal got caught lying.

-atheism is an ideology (lie)

Ideology;
1)A system of ideas and ideals, esp. one that forms the basis of economic or political policy: "the ideology of republicanism".
2) The ideas and manner of thinking of a group, social class, or individual: "a critique of bourgeois ideology"
lol, and of course atheism is none of these, I hear you.
Interestingly, this non-ideology of yours led to the tearing down of Buddhist temples in China to the cry of "Religion is poison"

An interesting question for you though; Would you consider theism an ideology?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
Anony, I seriously missed you! You know, your disciple (Ihedinobi) and others were not really challenging- I was debunking about 6 theists on two threads at the same time.

Time for me to stretch my fingers and flex my intellectual muscle

Mr_Anony:
lol, and of course atheism is none of these, I hear you.

good. Honest opening

Mr_Anony:
Interestingly, this non-ideology of yours led to the tearing down of Buddhist temples in China to the cry of "Religion is poison"

Stop confusing communism, anti-religion and atheism together. The first two are the reasons for such hate not atheism. Nobody kills in the name of atheism.

Btw......many buddhists are atheists, so you are left in a confusing state if you put the blame of destroyed Buddhist temples solely on atheism

Mr_Anony:
An interesting question for you though; Would you consider theism an ideology?

Theism in itself is not an ideology. It only becomes an ideology when you then have many rules, rituals and theories ascribed to the god you believe in.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by MrAnony1(m): 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03: Anony, I seriously missed you! You know, your disciple (Ihedinobi) and others were not really challenging- I was debunking about 6 theists on two threads at the same time.

Time for me to stretch my fingers and flex my intellectual muscle
Lol, I can imagine, knowing what passes for "debunking" in your book. Anyway, don't hold your breadth. I'll only be on for a short while.

In the mean time let us play a bit shall we?

Stop confusing communism, anti-religion and atheism together. The first two are the reasons for such hate not atheism. Nobody kills in the name of atheism.

Btw......many buddhists are atheists, so you are left in a confusing state if you put the blame of destroyed Buddhist temples solely on atheism

Theism in itself is not an ideology. It only becomes an ideology when you then have many rules, rituals and theories ascribed to the god you believe in.

Interestingly, you are admitting that while atheism and theism in themselves are not ideologies, certain ideologies can spring from both worldviews and these ideologies have the capacity to be harmful. What then is the point of your op? since all you have done is compare unrelated entities.

The direct opposite of religion is not atheism but anti-religion. Perhaps you should heed your own advice and stop confusing atheism with anti-religion.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Interestingly, you are admitting that while atheism and theism in themselves are not ideologies, certain ideologies can spring from both worldviews and these ideologies have the capacity to be harmful. What then is the point of your op? since all you have done is compare unrelated entities.

The direct opposite of religion is not atheism but anti-religion. Perhaps you should heed your own advice and stop confusing atheism with anti-religion.

@ bold; when or how did I ever confuse the atheism and anti-religion? What kind of nonsense tactic and accusation are you trying? I corrected you on your statements regarding the two and now you just throw it back at me for no valid reason?

Atheism contains no ideology. Atheism is a simple disbelief in god. Any ideology comes externally and is attached to atheism.

However, unlike theism, there are various ideologies under theism while theism is not an ideology by its basic definition- a belief in god. The moment you define the god in certain terms, you are moving into an ideology.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by MrAnony1(m): 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:
@ bold; when or how did I ever confuse the atheism and anti-religion?
The moment you chose to open a thread contrasting atheism against religion instead of theism

Logicboy03: Atheism contains no ideology. Atheism is a simple disbelief in god. Any ideology comes externally and is attached to atheism.

However, unlike theism, there are various ideologies under theism while theism is not an ideology by its basic definition- a belief in god. The moment you define the god in certain terms, you are moving into an ideology.
In the same way the moment you begin to form a movement based on the notion that there is no God, you have yourself an ideology i.e. secular humanism, state atheism (e.g. the soviet union) e.t.c.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
[size=13pt]A good example of a role model atheist state, China.[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSMQe89Ymd0&feature=related
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony:
The moment you chose to open a thread contrasting atheism against religion instead of theism

In the same way the moment you begin to form a movement based on the notion that there is no God, you have yourself an ideology i.e. secular humanism, state atheism (e.g. the soviet union) e.t.c.

Nice try.

Secular humanism is external to atheism. Agnostics can be secular and so are many deists. Secularism is not a movement based on a belief that there is no god but a belief that god or religion should not partake in certain aspects of living.

Secular means "no religious or spiritual base" it does not mean "disbelief in god).

This is quite different from theism in which many ideologies are intrinsic within theism. Christianity, Islam etc. They are not external to theism
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
frosbel: [size=13pt]A good example of a role model atheist state, China.[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSMQe89Ymd0&feature=related

China is like that because it is a communist state not because of atheism. Fail

Why not mention the top peaceful countries in the world? Why not mention Japan or Iceland or Sweden or Norway?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Atheism and religion I did mention. Did I mention anti-religion

So where did anti-religion come in in my OP?

Stop playing strawmen.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

China is like that because it is a communist state not because of atheism. Fail

Why not mention the top peaceful countries in the world? Why not mention Japan or Iceland or Sweden or Norway?

Fail.

China is an atheist state, don't be a hypocrite !!

Communism is based on atheism.

Marxist–Leninist atheism (Russian: Марксистско-ленинский атеизм) is a wider part of Marxist-Leninist philosophy which rejects religion,[1][2] and relies on a materialist understanding of nature.[3] Marxism-Leninism, which promotes atheism, holds that religion should therefore be abolished.[4][5] Marxist-Leninist atheism has its roots in the philosophy of Ludwig Feuerbach, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, Karl Marx, and V.I. Lenin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist%E2%80%92Leninist_atheism

The same way we have ISLAMIC states is the same way we have Atheist states, the only difference is that atheist states are more liberal with killing , torture and r.ape.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
frosbel:

Fail.

China is an atheist state, don't be a hypocrite !!

Communism is based on atheism.

The same way we have ISLAMIC states is the same way we have Atheist states, the only difference is that atheist states are more liberal with killing , torture and r.ape.

Communism is not based on atheism. Communism is based on a classless system controlled by government's hold on economic/state resources.

This is what happens when you quote without readin what you quote. Does atheism mean anti-religion or banning religion? Furthermore, your prolem is with marxist-lenninism not atheism

[img]Marxist–Leninist atheism (Russian: Марксистско-ленинский атеизм) is a wider part of Marxist-Leninist philosophy which rejects religion,[1][2] and relies on a materialist understanding of nature.[3] Marxism-Leninism, which promotes atheism, holds that religion should therefore be abolished.[4][5] Marxist-Leninist atheism has its roots in the philosophy of Ludwig Feuerbach, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, Karl Marx, and V.I. Lenin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist%E2%80%92Leninist_atheism[/img]

China is a communist state not an atheist state. Fail. In short, there are no atheist states. Atheism is not an ideology or political affiliation.

What you have are states with lots of atheists or secular states. The most peaceful countries like Japan and Iceland are examples.

China is communist.

Everyone can see you deceit and epic fails
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
^^^

The 20th century also saw the political advancement of atheism, spurred on by interpretation of the works of Marx and Engels. After the Russian Revolution of 1917, religious instruction was banned by the State. While the Soviet Constitution of 1936 guaranteed freedom to hold religious services, the Soviet state under Stalin's policy of state atheism did not consider education a private matter; it outlawed religious instruction and waged campaigns to persuade people, at times violently, to abandon religion.[150][151][152][153][154] Several other communist states also opposed religion and mandated state atheism,[155] including the former governments of Albania,[156][157][158] and currently, China,[159][160] North Korea,[160][161] and Cuba.[160][162]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by MrAnony1(m): 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Stop playing strawmen.
Lol how do you read?

You said to me:
Logicboy03:

If you hold that anti-religion is separate from atheism, why then are you contrasting religion against atheism instead of anti-religion since atheism and religion are not opposites?

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
Frosbel, you have nothing to say.

Everyone can see that you are mixing up anti-religious communism with atheism. Your problem is with communism and it different forms

What happens when you remove communism from the picture? Hmmm? What about Japan, atheistic and secular? The second peaceful nation in the world.
Sweden? Denamrk? Norway?

How come you mention only communist states? Are all atheists communists? Richard Dawkins? Hitchens? Sam Harris?

You fail!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by MrAnony1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Stop playing strawmen.
Lol how do you read?

You said to me:
Logicboy03: Stop confusing communism, anti-religion and atheism together. The first two are the reasons for such hate not atheism. Nobody kills in the name of atheism.

If you hold that anti-religion is separate from atheism, why then are you contrasting religion against atheism instead of anti-religion since atheism and religion are not opposites?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03: Frosbel, you have nothing to say.

Everyone can see that you are mixing up anti-religious communism with atheism. Your problem is with communism and it different forms

What happens when you remove communism from the picture? Hmmm? What about Japan, atheistic and secular? The second peaceful nation in the world.
Sweden? Denamrk? Norway?

You fail!

I am glad you brought up Japan, because atheist JAPAN was one of the most ruthless, inhumane and brutal countries ever to exist on this planet.

It was only after 1945 that Japan had no alternative but to capitulate to common sense after ' Christian ' America taught them a lesson.

Read up the most horrendous, unspeakable, evil and shocking tales of wickedness inflicted by your atheist Japan comrades on the Chinese , Filipinos , Koreans and countless far eastern countries, the death toll went into the millions.

Watch this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke5cuKobA1A

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol how do you read?

You have started your deceitful ways. You were complaining about the original post of the thread. You said that I was confusing anti-religion with atheism by my op with contrasts atheism and religion.

I replied that I never mentioned anti-religion in the op of the thread.

Mr_Anony:

Must I contrast direct opposites? Do you make rules from your behind just like that? What about contrating differing terms? Hmm? Is Islam the opposite of christianity? Use your brain, boy.

Atheism and religion are very different at times and can lead you to
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2012
frosbel:

I am glad you brought up Japan, [size=30pt]because atheist JAPAN[/size] was one of the most ruthless, inhumane and brutal countries ever to exist on this planet.

It was only after 1945 that Japan had no alternative but to capitulate to common sense after ' Christian ' America taught them a lesson.

Read up the most horrendous, unspeakable, evil and shocking tales of wickedness inflicted by your atheist Japan comrades on the Chinese , Filipinos , Koreans and countless far eastern countries, the death toll went into the millions.

Watch this :

Two problesm with the bold.

1) Japan was in co-operation with the Nazis. Guess what? Hitler was a christian. Furthermore the Leader of Japan was a Shinto follower- the Emperor. Hard to say if Japan was atheist then

2) Japan [size=30pt]is[/size] the second most peaceful country in the world.

You fail!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by MrAnony1(m): 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

You have started your deceitful ways. You were complaining about the original post of the thread. You said that I was confusing anti-religion with atheism by my op with contrasts atheism and religion.

I replied that I never mentioned anti-religion in the op of the thread.
This is exactly why I asked how do you read. You can scroll up and read my post again and notice exactly what I was replying to.

Logicboy03: Must I contrast direct opposites? Do you make rules from your behind just like that? What about contrating differing terms? Hmm? Is Islam the opposite of christianity? Use your brain, boy.

Atheism and religion are very different at times and can lead you to
lol, this is where you have a problem then. You claim that atheism is not an ideology but religions are ideologies. What then is the basis for your comparison since you are not comparing one ideology against another, what exactly are you comparing?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
[quote author=Logicboy03]

Two problesm with the bold.

1) Japan was in co-operation with the Nazis. Guess what? Hitler was a christian. Furthermore the Leader of Japan was a Shinto follower- the Emperor. Hard to say if Japan was atheist then

Hitler was a Christian , lol. grin Joke of the century.

2) Japan [size=30pt]is[/size] the second most peaceful country in the world.

Because the 'tiger' has been tamed by 'Christian' America.

You keep shooting yourself in the foot with each response !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / Apsotle Suleman Donates N1m To Pastor Who Runs A Widow's Ministry, He Collapses / African/blackroots Science Religion. Science Of Creation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.