Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel (25763 Views)

Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! / The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars / Another Lost Tribe Found In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 7:34am On Nov 20, 2012
dayokanu: Have you ever considered that the NIMROD referred to might be Lamurudu father of Oduduwa

Nimrod the son of Cush, grandson of Ham, great-grandson of Noah. Cush is also known as Egypt and Ham was black I think

And Opa Oramiyan might be Staff of Orion

http://www.africastyles.com/blackhistory/yoruba_history2.html

http://yemitom./tag/lamurudu/

This is absolutely correct. This has been proved over and over again in different articles.

LAMURUDU = NAMURUDU = NIMROD/NIMRUD
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 7:42am On Nov 20, 2012
amor4ce: I doubt that 'Energy48' is willing to consider opinions contrary to his. The term 'Yarba' or 'Yarriba' as pronounced by the Fulani should not be used for comparison with Erveh since the former is according to the Fulani tongue rather than Oyo tongue which is credible. To accuse Samuel Ajayi Crowther of changing history by allegedly introducing the name 'Yoruba' is, in my opinion presumptuous and weightless. Dierk Lange noted the correspondence between 'Yoruba' and 'Jeroboam' which is a closer match than with 'Erveh' and seems quite plausible since 'Jeroboam' is the name of the first king of the kingdom of northern Israel. People from other nations like the Fulani who were aware of this secession would have remembered that name.

What about the Hivites? 'Erveh' sounds very close.

There's another name by which our people were known and that is 'Aku'. It is not the same as 'e ku...' used in greeting but a name and may have the same meaning as the 'Aku' in 'Akute'. I want to believe that there are other Yoruba names that have 'Aku' in front.

What is the meaning of this Yoruba greeting: 'E WE SO O' or 'EWE SO O'? What are all the possible meanings of 'EWE' in Yoruba?

The Creator's name revealed to Moses according to Indo-European transliteration is EHYEH ASHER EHYEH' which in Yoruba is IYE ASHE IYE. Who can offer an etymology?

Do you know that EWE is exactly the same thing as EVRH if we are to follow the information from the ebook link above? Could this be a coincidence or are they actually the same?
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by amor4ce(m): 7:53am On Nov 20, 2012
My Yoruba is still very poor so I can't yet translate the Yoruba 'EWE' but if it is the same as 'EVRH' then the author's claim that 'EVRH' is same as 'EYEO'/'OYO' and 'YARBA' is not tenable unless it can be shown that they have the same meaning.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 8:32am On Nov 20, 2012
amor4ce: My Yoruba is still very poor so I can't yet translate the Yoruba 'EWE' but if it is the same as 'EVRH' then the author's claim that 'EVRH' is same as 'EYEO'/'OYO' and 'YARBA' is not tenable unless it can be shown that they have the same meaning.

amor4ce: The Creator's name revealed to Moses according to Indo-European transliteration is EHYEH ASHER EHYEH' which in Yoruba is IYE ASHE IYE. Who can offer an etymology?

I think there is a form of relationship in what you and energy48 have said on this YORUBA and ERVERH linkage. Nevertheless, it is still very fuzzy as there is no substantial evidence to come to a conclusion. A lot of research need to be done on this though.

energy48: You also mentioned if the people were referred to as ERVERH that must have been long ago. Yes, and No! Is the answer to that. YES, in the sense that ERVERH is the ancestral name and it is thousands of years old. NO, in the sense that the name was in use just a few hundred years ago by their neighbours. Yarba is Erverh being mispronounced by the non-Erverh Fulani person. Try pronouncing Yarba and Erverh and you will find it sounds almost the same. Yer-Berh (Yarba) and Erh-Verh (Erverh)! Did you see how the two words sound amlost the same? It is no secret in Africa we tend to mispronounce our neighbours name. It is rare we pronounce our neighbours names correctly. Hence the Fulani knew the people by the proper designation which is Erverh but mispronounced it as Yer-berh (Yarba). Nevertheless, the people of Dahomey down south being kinsmen of the people of Old Oyo knew the proper or right pronunciation, which is Erverh, the plural of which is ErverhO. This name the Europeans wrote as Eyeo cos they did not have the VAV sound in the alphabet to write it out correctly. Thus, as you can see, it was not so long ago the names Yerberh (Yarba) or ErverhO (Eyeo), the original name of the people was in vogue. 200 years ago the people themselves including their neighbours knew themselves as Yer-Berh (Yarba) or ErverhO (Eyeo).

There is no "V" in Yoruba language, the closest consonants we have are U, W and Y. Could there have been a substitution of Y for V at some time in history? This is the only possibility as far as I am concerned.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 10:44am On Nov 20, 2012
dayokanu: Have you ever considered that the NIMROD referred to might be Lamurudu father of Oduduwa

Nimrod the son of Cush, grandson of Ham, great-grandson of Noah. Cush is also known as Egypt and Ham was black I think

And Opa Oramiyan might be Staff of Orion

http://www.africastyles.com/blackhistory/yoruba_history2.html

http://yemitom./tag/lamurudu/

Dayo, you are correct.

Bello said Yoruba is the remnants of the sons of Canaan, the people of Nimrod......which clearly puts them geopolitically in Afro Asia.

These overnight scholars like Energy want to cling to the idea that if it wasnt for Bello Yorubas would not know who they were....and still they deny or refuse to accept and admit the second part of the revelation from Bello, which is, the people are migrants out of Afro Asia.

Bello might be the first to document it but his documentation of this account in no way makes it a new knowledge or previously non-existing.

If I say to an American that I am Yoruba but he turns around and write a manuscript in which he introduces me as a Nigerian, does that mean I had no clue I was a Nigerian.

This fool, Energy, said British were the first to name us Yoruba. Really?? They named Nigeria from river Niger. What was the root or source from which British colonialists minted the term or name Yoruba?
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 10:51am On Nov 20, 2012
Tony Spike:

This is absolutely correct. This has been proved over and over again in different articles.

Yes sir!

In fact, all the below are naming patterns or sequence exclusive to Akkadian/Assyrian culture and the hook in them is the ...MARE....

OloduMARE
LaMARudu
MARaducch
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Energy48(m): 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
Tony Spike:

As a diversion, I have some questions to ask you on the tribe of Dan. In the ebook link above, it was mentioned that Dahomey is an offshoot of this group. From my understanding, people from the tribe of Dan were great sailors alongside the Phoenicians. In the time of Solomon and perhaps, David they were the sea-farers and merchants. Today, the name Dan is reputed to be prevalent in Europe, this can be seen in the names like Danube (River), Denmark (country), infact, the whole of Ireland is full of locations starting with Dan and Dunn. Can we safely assume that a substantial number of the tribe of Dan actually settled in Scandinavia and Northern Europe? I need your opinion on this. Thanks.
I wouldn't put the tribe of Dan as great sailors alongside the Phoenicians. I say so because there is no evidence of anything like that in the Bible. The Danites claim to seafarers is only mentioned in the book of Judges. That is all, after that, it is not mentioned again. That does not translate as great seafarers, it is was so, the Bible would have said so. Therefore, anything more than what is stated in scripture, I will dismiss as mere speculation. The Dannites were also gifted craftsmen (Exodus 31:6, Exodus 38:23). Nevertheless, what the Dannites were known for throughout the Bible was their idolatry and this is what I focused upon.
When you say Dan is reputed to be in Europe, again the natural question is; which Europeans say this and what is in their history to back up this claim? Individuals on their own may come up with baseless claims which is nowhere in the history of the people. This is not history but one man’s opinion and opinions are not facts. Therefore, if someone claims a European people are of the tribe of Dan, then the natural question is to know if this claim is backed up in the history of the people. If not then it is mere speculation not worth repeating.
We have top deal with FACTS when writing about our people's history so that the history of the people is not seen as a farce and open to ridicule. What I mean is, if there is no information to back up a claim or a suspicion about a people’s origins, then it is best left alone. There is no European history anywhere I know of that says such and such European people are of the tribe of Dan.

In fact such claims that Europeans belong to the tribe of Dan flies in the face of Scripture. Because the Bible tells us that the Assyrians took the Hebrews into exile in Asia and the remnant of Judah fled to Africa. So nowhere does Europe feature as the home of the ancient Israelites. That being the case it is not wise to overlook the places mentioned in the Bible as the last location of the Israelites and be focusing on Europe to find the Danites.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Energy48(m): 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2012
amor4ce: My Yoruba is still very poor so I can't yet translate the Yoruba 'EWE' but if it is the same as 'EVRH' then the author's claim that 'EVRH' is same as 'EYEO'/'OYO' and 'YARBA' is not tenable unless it can be shown that they have the same meaning.
Is this some kind of a bad joke? You have blog somewhere out there about Yoruba culture, language and traditions and can't speak and understand the lingo? Have you ever lived among the people and for how long? Granted the language is broken into various dialects but you have to know at least one such dialect to really know what you are talking about. Failing that, you shouldn't be blogging about the language, culture and the traditions of the people, when you lack even the basics of understanding their language. What exactly are you trying to achieve with your blog given the fact, by your own admission, you are deficient in these matters?
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Energy48(m): 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

If I say to an American that I am Yoruba but he turns around and write a manuscript in which he introduces me as a Nigerian, does that mean I had no clue I was a Nigerian.

This fool, Energy, said British were the first to name us Yoruba. Really?? They named Nigeria from river Niger. What was the root or source from which British colonialists minted the term or name Yoruba?

What are you saying? That the name Yoruba existed before Crowther came up with it? Are you out to embarrass yourself again my friend? Well! It is your funeral. Show me where the name YORUBA existed anywhere prior to Crowther's invention of the name.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Energy48(m): 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
Chukskalidon: I wuldn't realy argue much if it were 2 b said d Igbos ar frm israel bt Yoruba's, 'OP'. I mean atleast d Igbos hav shown d DNA of d israelites. Look at d geniuses all ova america,they ar igbos. Computer geeks in d world ar Igbos. Nw hw did dis concerns wit witchcraftry.
LOL! One would have thought if you are Igbo, you will be grateful that the Yoruba are the Hebrews because they are African people that Igbos can trace ancestry links to. Igbos can't do the same to any people in ancient israel . Igbos have to accept, unlike them, the Yoruba can PROVE they are the Hebrews. They have proof in their original name, their oral history as well as their customs and traditions. The Igbo on the other hand have NONE of these to prove any link to the Hebrews. All the Igbo do is speculate and make baseless wild claims about Hebrew ancestry. In fact, your very own words convict you on this. You claim the Yoruba are full of witchcraft and what not and the Igbo aren't. Guess what, that statement proves conclusively that the Igbo are NOT Hebrews. Because the Bible makes it clear that at the time the Hebrews fled to Africa they were HARDCORE idol worshippers full of witchcraft and whatnot. So you see if the Igbo don't have idol worship and witchcraft, then they can't be descended from the idol worshipping Hebrews. It also explains why the Igbo have NOTHING to show to prove any connection to the Hebrews. You get my drift? So if the Igbo wants to show his connection to the Hebrews, they should be looking for ways to show their ancestral links to the Yoruba. Because it is only by doing so that Igbos too can show they are also descended from the ancient Israelites.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
Energy48: LOL! One would have thought if you are Igbo, you will be grateful that the Yoruba are the Hebrews because they are African people that Igbos can trace ancestry links to. Igbos can't do the same to any people in ancient israel . Igbos have to accept, unlike them, the Yoruba can PROVE they are the Hebrews. They have proof in their original name, their oral history as well as their customs and traditions. The Igbo on the other hand have NONE of these to prove any link to the Hebrews. All the Igbo do is speculate and make baseless wild claims about Hebrew ancestry. In fact, your very own words convict you on this. You claim the Yoruba are full of witchcraft and what not and the Igbo aren't. Guess what, that statement proves conclusively that the Igbo are NOT Hebrews. Because the Bible makes it clear that at the time the Hebrews fled to Africa they were [b]HARDCORE idol worshippers full of witchcraft and whatnot.[/b] So you see if the Igbo don't have idol worship and witchcraft, then they can't be descended from the idol worshipping Hebrews. It also explains why the Igbo have NOTHING to show to prove any connection to the Hebrews. You get my drift? So if the Igbo wants to show his connection to the Hebrews, they should be looking for ways to show their ancestral links to the Yoruba. Because it is only by doing so that Igbos too can show they are also descended from the ancient Israelites.

Thank you for replying this nitwit of a guy. If you look at my response to him, you'll notice that I mentioned he lacked biblical knowledge of the Hebrews. Thank you for saying what I kept mute about. The guy is just another Igbo tribalist trying to start off another cyber-ethnic war.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
Dudu and energy48, I believe both of you are correct except that onus of the Hebrew proof is being dissected from different views according to your understanding. Energy48, by the way Dudu_negro believes that ancient Hebrews were not the only semitic settlers. Infact, Lange proves this in his research that some elements of Assyrians and Babylonians might have indeed settled here too. However, there is a strong evidence that the Hebrews had a higher population among the migrant lots as reflected by the Yoruba customs and practices. I will appeal that you guys should please agree to disagree. Thanks.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
Oyo ppl were the ones initially referred to as Yoruba. It was documented that During the Kiriji wars. The Ijesha and Ekiti army referred to the Oyo army as Yoruba.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Energy48(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
Tony Spike: Dudu and energy48, I believe both of you are correct except that onus of the Hebrew proof is being dissected from different views according to your understanding. Energy48, by the way Dudu_negro believes that ancient Hebrews were not the only semitic settlers. Infact, Lange proves this in his research that some elements of Assyrians and Babylonians might have indeed settled here too. However, there is a strong evidence that the Hebrews had a higher population among the migrant lots as reflected by the Yoruba customs and practices. I will appeal that you guys should please agree to disagree. Thanks.
Hi Tony, the people in current Iraq are descended from the Assyrians. They entered Africa as invaders, NOT settlers. So no Africans can claim any links to them and there is no history that says Assyrians settled in Africa. There was no reason for them to do so. Here is a link of their African invasions that might interest you.

http://mawuvi.com/Ancient-Egypt/ANCIENT-EGYPT-S-DEMISE/
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 4:43pm On Nov 20, 2012
Energy48: Hi Tony, the people in current Iraq are descended from the Assyrians. They entered Africa as invaders, NOT settlers. So no Africans can claim any links to them and there is no history that says Assyrians settled in Africa. There was no reason for them to do so. Here is a link of their African invasions that might interest you.

http://mawuvi.com/Ancient-Egypt/ANCIENT-EGYPT-S-DEMISE/

The link you gave me is quite wonderful. Remember, the Assyrians were the ones that deported the Hebrews from the Northern kingdom (Isreal). Unfortunately, the Assyrian empire crumbled alongside many of their cities, including Nineveh. Why mention Nineveh? It appears from Yoruba historical legend that some of our ancestors once lived at Mondiana (not Medina as popularly known). Mondiana, according to Lange, is the reference to the great city, Nineveh. Indeed, some Hebrews from the Northern Kingdom were carried off/deported to Nineveh, the capital of Assyria at that time. The Assyrians were later pummelled by the Babylonians (before and after) they ganged up with Egypt to fight the Babylonian empire (This is shown in your link). Thus, it is believed that some of the remnants from Assyria (and the deported Hebrews) may have dispersed after their terrible encounter with Babylonians. The Hausas, for example, are believed to be part of the descendants of Assyria. Infact, it is part of their kingship history. The period between 620 BCE and 500 BCE was a great time of turmoil in ancient middle-east and North Africa in general. The raging wars initiated lots of migration around this era, so we cannot say exactly which group moved where. That leaves us with a possibility that Assyrians may have settled in Africa.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
Tony Spike:

BONY = KONY = TONY

you are descended from Joseph KONY.

1 Like

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

BONY = KONY = TONY

you are descended from Joseph KONY.

Do you speak Yoruba language? If not, I think I should inform you that L and N are used in the same context in many Yoruba language structure, particularly for verbs and Nouns.

As an example:

English: What are you doing there?
Yoruba I: Kini on se nibe?
Yoruba II: Kilo n se nibe?
Yoruba III: Kini on se libe?
Yoruba IV: Kilo nse libe?

I have just shown you how L and N are used interchangeably in my language by constructing a sentence in four different but acceptable ways in Yoruba. If you want to learn, then calm down and listen. You don't have to think everything is made up, Mr Pagan9ja!!!
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
Tony Spike: Dudu and energy48, I believe both of you are correct except that onus of the Hebrew proof is being dissected from different views according to your understanding. Energy48, by the way Dudu_negro believes that ancient Hebrews were not the only semitic settlers. Infact, Lange proves this in his research that some elements of Assyrians and Babylonians might have indeed settled here too. However, there is a strong evidence that the Hebrews had a higher population among the migrant lots as reflected by the Yoruba customs and practices. I will appeal that you guys should please agree to disagree. Thanks.

I want to believe so. I hate that each time this discussion come up the dialogue is done in a new thread and rob us an opportunity to maintain a consistency and continuity in a single thread. I am very open to knowledge, but im also shrewd and discriminating and would not bother to acquire what does not fit in with the land.

I like what energy wrote and i have questions but hopefully this Thursday or Friday I can dedicate time to dialogue extensively on this iissue here.

In the past I have brought up an interest with NL mods to create a structure that allows for historical indexing of reference threads. Maybe some of you can add voice. We currently have plenty of topics on Oduduwa, Ife, Lamaraudu, Yoruba wars, Yoruba art, Odu Ifa....and so on.

Energy, I have started on your book but I do not have the luxury of time to sit and read through. I promise to read entire book before coming in here later this week to discuss. I believe as Tony had said, there is no disagreement on the roots, we want to know when the people became a commonwealth under a Yoruba flag and why. On a different note, a person whi speaks half Yoruba and contributes truth to the historical knowledge is far more valuable than one who speaks it fluently and lack the whereabout of his beginnings.
There are different views, like stones in a stream we have rubbed against and polished the roughness out of one another, we should now be civil and use smoothness to explore the truth of Yoruba origin, land and people.

Gotta go....
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by amor4ce(m): 1:43am On Nov 21, 2012
Energy48, so far yours seems tainted with unnecessary arrogance which in the long run is no good. This can be illustrated with a reminder of a past incident.

A certain king of Judah named Uzziah was doing well in the sight of IYE and prospered but, along the way got proud (sort of like getting drunk on palm wine). He arrogantly tried to offer incense in the sanctuary, was warned by the priests but did not listen as his heart was lifted in stubbornness. Suddenly he was struck with leprosy, thrust out, and had to spend the rest of his days in an isolated house. (2 Chronicles 26; Zephaniah 3:11)

You claimed that the Assyrians who are Semites dwell in Iraq but at the same time assert that the Yoruba are also Semites. How come? Lange proposed that 'Jeroboam' may actually be 'Yoruba', elsewhere 'Jerubaal' has been suggested. Any of those two could be more plausible, yet you avoid considering them but want us to listen to you. Is it that you see this discussion as a one-way traffic in which any opinion contrary to yours should not be tendered?

I humbly admitted that I don't know much of my language. What's wrong with that? Its not something that I'm proud of but the benefit there is a lower risk of confirmation bias and a humble approach to investigation. What then would you say about Lange since he's from Germany? Using your 'logic' his landmark paper on Yoruba history is not tenable.

Your insistence that Judah fled into Africa further than Egypt when Babylon struck implies that the prophecies in Jeremiah 44:24-28 is a false.

In the ebook that you shared, you claimed that our people did not sell themselves. What then would you say about the sale of Joseph by his brothers into slavery? What about the slave raids of the Fon of Dahomey?

If you refuse to humble yourself as a little child but prefer to be seen as the alpha male concerning our history, what then would you say about Matthew 18:1-4?
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 23, 2012
mimshachh: This is the proof for yorubas but couldn't get for igbos yet: http://dierklange.com/pdf/LOST_TRIBES_OF_ISRAEL.pdf

Most impressive. This thesis contains very plausible arguments and summations. Kudos gentlemen.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by amor4ce(m): 6:11am On Nov 23, 2012
He has other papers listed at www.dierklange.com
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 8:23am On Nov 23, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Most impressive. This thesis contains very plausible arguments and summations. Kudos gentlemen.

This is a product of years of research, sir. He has done a good work cross-referencing Yoruba history with ancient Semitic history of the Assyrians and Babylonians. Dierk Lange needs to be applauded...
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 8:25am On Nov 23, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

I want to believe so. I hate that each time this discussion come up the dialogue is done in a new thread and rob us an opportunity to maintain a consistency and continuity in a single thread. I am very open to knowledge, but im also shrewd and discriminating and would not bother to acquire what does not fit in with the land.

I like what energy wrote and i have questions but hopefully this Thursday or Friday I can dedicate time to dialogue extensively on this iissue here.

In the past I have brought up an interest with NL mods to create a structure that allows for historical indexing of reference threads. Maybe some of you can add voice. We currently have plenty of topics on Oduduwa, Ife, Lamaraudu, Yoruba wars, Yoruba art, Odu Ifa....and so on.

Energy, I have started on your book but I do not have the luxury of time to sit and read through. I promise to read entire book before coming in here later this week to discuss. I believe as Tony had said, there is no disagreement on the roots, we want to know when the people became a commonwealth under a Yoruba flag and why. On a different note, a person whi speaks half Yoruba and contributes truth to the historical knowledge is far more valuable than one who speaks it fluently and lack the whereabout of his beginnings.
There are different views, like stones in a stream we have rubbed against and polished the roughness out of one another, we should now be civil and use smoothness to explore the truth of Yoruba origin, land and people.

Gotta go....

Hello my man, Dudu. It seems to me pagan9ja only understands the Yoruba religion and not the the Yoruba language that decodes the religion itself. He seems not to respond to me after my explanation of L and N in Yoruba language. grin grin

By the way, I wrote Lange about your postulations on the Nineveh and Ile-Ife connection. He seems to suggest that the etymological meaning of Ile-Ife contradicts this theory. Here's the quote on his response:

"With respect to the etymology of Ile-Ife you should also consider the actual meaning of the name which concords quite well with the myth of foundation."

I still think there's more to the Ile-Ife name and I just found out something. Guess what? Check this out:

Ile-Ife means something like "Home/place of Expansion"
Nineveh means something like "Home/place of Fish"

There seem to be "Home/Place" in the etymological meaning of the two ancient cities. Do you think there could have been corruption of words (and perhaps meaning) over time in the case of Ile-Ife? This is really interesting...
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 8:40am On Nov 23, 2012
Meenn,
Pagan9ja does not understand himself much more Yoruba culture or the transition in N to L. You are wasting your time, thats a lost soul.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by ezeagu(m): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2012
Another day, another group claiming to be Israel.

1 Like

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2012
Tony Spike:

Do you speak Yoruba language? If not, I think I should inform you that L and N are used in the same context in many Yoruba language structure, particularly for verbs and Nouns.

As an example:

English: What are you doing there?
Yoruba I: Kini on se nibe?
Yoruba II: Kilo n se nibe?
Yoruba III: Kini on se libe?
Yoruba IV: Kilo nse libe?

I have just shown you how L and N are used interchangeably in my language by constructing a sentence in four different but acceptable ways in Yoruba. If you want to learn, then calm down and listen. You don't have to think everything is made up, Mr Pagan9ja!!!

excuse me you just dug this up from smewhere and you are sing this useless argument to make such large and pointless claims on your descent.
that is just a coincidence and there are many coincidences. this is very pointless. you are not even genetically similar to semites.

added to that, Yoruba are descended from NOK CIVILIZATION, NOT ISRAELIS/HEBREWS/ NAMURUDUS! angry angry angry angry
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
Pagan9ja,
...and who is NOK?
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
Negro_Ntns: What is NOK?

it is the name of a village.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
What is NOK?
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by amor4ce(m): 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
According to creation mythology, Nana Buluku created the universe and gave birth to twins. This contradicts the account in Ifa of creation and may be borne out of the migration from Old Oyo of Dahomey leading to the evolution/distortion of the true story. According to Ifa, the first human being to be created was a woman named ENI BI ENI (this one in our likeness). This name was commonly known as Nini Binini. She was given as wife to Oduduwa, one of the Irunmole and gave birth to 16 children, that is, 8 sets of twins. Nini Binini is the same person as Nana Buluku: Nini > Nana; and Bi- > Bu-, -ni- > -lu-, -ni > -ku. Tis is another example of the interchange of the -l- and -n- consonants.

Nini Binini
Nana Buluku

Our brethren spread across west africa need to be in constant touch with the source (Ife)
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 10:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Thanks amor4ce.
I still believe that Ile Ife is the recreation of Nineveh, the original spiritual abode.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
^shut up your niunwweht . ILE IFE IS ORIGINAL. ninwheohrt is fake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Masquerade Unmasks Himself, Pleads For Money On The Streets Of Owerri / Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) / The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.