Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel (25760 Views)

Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! / The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars / Another Lost Tribe Found In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by 740megawatts: 8:23am On Jan 03, 2013
I've learnt so much from this thread. For many non-Yorubas here who do not understand Yoruba culture or religion, it might be difficult for you to understand some of the information here. Nobody is claiming Israel as far as I can see, the information being decoded here are pointers to the existence of ancient middle-eastern cultural residues (either Canaanite or Assyrian) in Yorubaland. I think the Akkadian/Sumerian cultures need to be studied especially this man called King Sargon the Great.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by MegaMan2020: 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
Lol we Yorubas are from isreal? No chance. We are West Africans to the core and out history is here. We're not like common Igbos that have no history so they try to claim Isreal lol.

1 Like

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by amor4ce(m): 6:45am On Jan 18, 2013
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 9:49am On Jan 18, 2013
amor4ce: ^^^I think that if we insist that we never migrated we assault the memory of our ancestors who said otherwise. Others also migrated and remember that we were part of the mass migration. Even the Fulani remember that we once lived in the land that used to be called Canaan.

When the oyinbo came to this region of West Africa and wanted to know our collective name, they noted that we used to call ourselves Aku but had forgotten the meaning. There was the assumption that the name was related to the 'E ku' of our greeting but since our language is very specific concerning the tones I doubt this theory. There is actually someone in our history who was called Aku. A powerful shrine dedicated to him exists in Irefin, Ekiti State and is referred to in pages 382, 384 and 387 of "Persée : Notes on Orisha Cults in the Ekiti Yoruba Highlands. A Tribute to Pierre Verger". We can get to know more about this Aku along with other ancestors like Ajaka, Oranmiyan, Aganju, Kori etc by studying their respective oriki.

@Tony Spike, I have read that in different parts of the world the present peoples talk of their ancestors meeting dwarves as the original inhabitants. These dwarves were dark-skinned though I'm not sure if that was the case everywhere.

I think we should replace the name Israel with Canaan. Claiming Israel is a little controversial these days. Meanwhile, I have a theory that the Nilotic peoples once occupied the areas around Yoruba region circa pre-2500 BC. The Canaanite and/or Assyrian migration must have occurred circa post-2500 BC. It also seems the latter migration brought us modifications in language, architecture, religion, culture and perhaps kingship line which have being highlighted by Dierk Lange's work. I want Chief Negro to verify this as I have proposed this before:

1. Yorubas and Igbos do not belong to the ubiquitous Bantu groups of Africa. I have thought about this Bantu exclusion for both groups, so I ask, where do these groups actually belong?

2. The strong tonal use of vowel 'o' and 'a' among peoples of Nilotic descent is prominent e.g. Yorubas, Igbos, Luos e.t.c.

3. The Nilotic peoples in this category are the Western Nilotic, occupying an area in today's South Sudan

4. Following recent DNA evidences, the E-haplogroup family to which Yorubas (and Igbos) belong was found to originate from an earlier A-haplogroup family synonymous with Nilotes, Khoisans and Ethiopians.

5. Isn't it obvious that a latter group of fair-skinned populations migrated into these areas at a latter time circa post-2500 BC. This is certain because our complexion is significantly different from the contemporary descendants of Nilotes in Kenya, Congo e.t.c.

All the postulates above are from my own research, so I don't need to cite anyone on this. The point I am trying to make is that there was indeed a migration, as shown from evidence available in the haplogroup DNA progression (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup). I leave you with some interesting facts now:

Below is a mugshot of what tribal subgroups in the Luhya nationality sounds like (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luhya_people). Isn't this fascinating? Or is it just a coincidence? Let us not forget that the Luhyas also migrated out of Egypt in the great Bantu expansion circa 2500 BC according to their oral history. Although, it seem their culture and languages have been heavily influenced, since they are now addressed as Bantus...I still believe they are originally Nilotes too.

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 2:32am On Jan 19, 2013
Tony,

Jokes apart, it is regrettable that I do not have an intimate understanding of the Igbo culture and core beliefs, it is an handicap for me personally. I love people and culture and the humanity of native customs generally. I can look at Yoruba art and instantly decode messages encrypted in it. This is possible because of my intimacy with my own people. I lived many years in Hausaland and it's unfortunate for the Hausas that every aspect of their customs but the language is wiped out. Hausa has suffered more and lost far more than any of the other ethnic people or tongue living in Nigeria today. Hausa was a member of the Songhay. Mali subdued them, Fulani subdued them and then British subdued them.

The Igbo social structure and culture is a unique one. To match their beginnings to a source outside their homeland we must find the foreign land where, around the era of transcontinental migration, kingship, imperial sovereingty and provincial authority were not practised. The difficulty of finding one anywhere around this time proves difficult. Making it more problematic is the fact there is no hero or father figure in their history. Nri and Aro are the biginnings they claim but it is also unheard of that a migrating monarch and head of a warrior clan, such as Nri is reputed to be, would end up defeated and subdued by his host, Aro. I suspect Igbo came from somewhere else....but where? So the clarity and definition of their migration and myths is best told by one who is very intimate with the history and culture.

On Yoruba, yes Canaan is correct. In fact the roots of many symbols, words and tongue of Yoruba are interlinked with Canaanite tongue and symbols. The prefix "Al-"; "Ol-"; "Il-" and "El-"......are all from old Canaan tongue. I see a pattern of it in the Luhya chart. Communication was done through symbolism, by it ideas were conveyed. All the hoolabaloo about Egyptian hieroglyphics when reduced to straight talk is just symbolism. To find where these symbols are hosted and how they are used we should look at the tradition and custom. There is for instance the symbol of a bird sitting atop of the Ade Orisa (the beaded conical crowns) and on the same crown you will have depiction of Esu's face highlighting his physical eyes and his mystical eye (third eye).

We call bird Eiye or Eye. What is the connection between this bird and the three eyes of Esu? Esu is the messenger of the gods, the equivalent of Greek's Mercury, who also like Esu, is dual-natured.....malevolent/benevolent!

The symbolism of the bird is to communicate the mystical power of transcendence and divine link via the third eye which represent the illumination of knowledge. Through this path man lives his will, shaped by malevolent/benevolent energies in nature. This is why Eiye itself is a cult in Yoruba mystical order.

The Eye is also a cult in European cultures, borrowed from Greeks who stole and copied the knowledge from Children of Israel, who inherited the secrets after sacking the Canaanites from the land. In Europe The Eye is "Illuminati", the equivalent of Yoruba's Eiye cult. The Zionists transferred the symbol onto the American dollar.

Another symbol is that of the egg (Eyin). In ancient times elders communicated secrets with the passage along of an egg. The modern day security clearance, so to speak. Only those in the circle of a knowledge had the specific egg bearing the specific dye. Eyin is a representation of the 16th letter of the Hebrew (Canaanite tongue) letter "AYN". Ayn means a secret or something hidden or covered from open view. 16 is used a lot in Jewish mysteries to encrypt message.......and if you add the 1+6 you get 7, which is the cosmic platform for revelation, openess and production or fertility in connection with egg.

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by 19naia(m): 4:26am On Jan 19, 2013
i saw an article on line from around 4 years ago..it detailed a yoruba land site being guarded as a shrine and that the local oral tradition said that it was a monument set thousands of years ago to a visitor from afar...they said the name of the visitor was a queen "SHIBIRU"...when she departed back home,they made the monument as record and tribute....The article went on to suggest it could have been queen of sheeba during solomons time and that there were stories from her homeland of her taking long journeys into africa along the nile and certainly into areas now known as lower sudan....The yoruba migration paths suggested are wide and show mali and sudan in the swath...the period of sheeba also overlaps the relative time frame and land area of the NOK culture on the north side of the niger river barrier...each tribal region such as the nok and others scattering north would suffice as enough stepping stones for sheeba to be directed towards yoruba land,and being a Nile river regioner,the niger river crossing would be no worry to her troop or the people who may have helped her explore....The yoruba shrines are all protected and digging for research is forbidden and some oral history is reserved only for initiates in kings courts...so this is the real barrier to finding evidence to settle the truth of the matter...the linguistic artifacts are all over yoruba language and excessively obvious to language intellects...There is new research showing also the chinese having come all the way around africa and not just east africa but through to west africa and into atlantic towards USA,circa over a thousand years ago and as far back as possible 10 thousand years of ocean sailing...'O DA NI' is used in dominantly chinese heritage parts of asia,and its used to say "its good" and in yoruba its used to say the same thing,and also KUN ILE in yoruba is for kneel down as in chinese dialect "KOUHYE"(not the best spelling for chinese words that have their own writing system,but my spelling caries the phonetics)...these are basic words that may have exchanged from china to africa or africa to china with contact(and these words are also basic greeting and for greeting illocutions,the very first type of word exchanges in a non war encounter of foriegn strangers ) ...linguistic artifacts are just as important as genetic,because sometimes contact was made but no exchange of people or genes were made,only gifts and of course they exchange/learn bits of each others language to help interaction..i think yoruba shores may have been a friendly enough stop for chinese to restock their ships(a mandatory survival restock to return home)...So language is where you can prove contact and mingling where they did not have babies together to leave genetic artifacts behind or take with them...also they may have taken some africans with them and that may explain the scattering of african looking people in islands all along the routes south of china in pacific trans to indian ocean...the chinese kingdoms were very resistant to having racial outsideres join their society from so far away and so that would have african passengers be left on lands/islands off chinas shores...the chinese were great about not being colonialist in their travels in those days..they only colonized within the reaches of there continental mass and nearer islands.......The chinese also dont like outsiders digging in their dirt or viewing much of their findings for archealogical history....and so the truth may still be mostly hidden
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by 19naia(m): 4:36am On Jan 19, 2013
fascinateing stuff,but with all the effort one must put to understand the intricacies of the symbolism,even for those who just carry on the traditions as cultural tenure and yet dont understand the depth of it all; the average man are not who the info was intended for and as such it reminds me of the theory that the gods program us with these languages and symbols from long ago so that whenever they return/visit(alien space ships?),they can see it all and decipher it,while none of us really know whats going on..As a matter of fact,which culture doesnt ascribe to that notion of it being sourced from the gods and we are just keepers of it like a note pad for them to read and remind where they left off at.....
Negro_Ntns: Tony,

Jokes apart, it is regrettable that I do not have an intimate understanding of the Igbo culture and core beliefs, it is an handicap for me personally. I love people and culture and the humanity of native customs generally. I can look at Yoruba art and instantly decode messages encrypted in it. This is possible because of my intimacy with my own people. I lived many years in Hausaland and it's unfortunate for the Hausas that every aspect of their customs but the language is wiped out. Hausa has suffered more and lost far more than any of the other ethnic people or tongue living in Nigeria today. Hausa was a member of the Songhay. Mali subdued them, Fulani subdued them and then British subdued them.

The Igbo social structure and culture is a unique one. To match their beginnings to a source outside their homeland we must find the foreign land where, around the era of transcontinental migration, kingship, imperial sovereingty and provincial authority were not practised. The difficulty of finding one anywhere around this time proves difficult. Making it more problematic is the fact there is no hero or father figure in their history. Nri and Aro are the biginnings they claim but it is also unheard of that a migrating monarch and head of a warrior clan, such as Nri is reputed to be, would end up defeated and subdued by his host, Aro. I suspect Igbo came from somewhere else....but where? So the clarity and definition of their migration and myths is best told by one who is very intimate with the history and culture.

On Yoruba, yes Canaan is correct. In fact the roots of many symbols, words and tongue of Yoruba are interlinked with Canaanite tongue and symbols. The prefix "Al-"; "Ol-"; "Il-" and "El-"......are all from old Canaan tongue. I see a pattern of it in the Luhya chart. Communication was done through symbolism, by it ideas were conveyed. All the hoolabaloo about Egyptian hieroglyphics when reduced to straight talk is just symbolism. To find where these symbols are hosted and how they are used we should look at the tradition and custom. There is for instance the symbol of a bird sitting atop of the Ade Orisa (the beaded conical crowns) and on the same crown you will have depiction of Esu's face highlighting his physical eyes and his mystical eye (third eye).

We call bird Eiye or Eye. What is the connection between this bird and the three eyes of Esu? Esu is the messenger of the gods, the equivalent of Greek's Mercury, who also like Esu, is dual-natured.....malevolent/benevolent!

The symbolism of the bird is to communicate the mystical power of transcendence and divine link via the third eye which represent the illumination of knowledge. Through this path man lives his will, shaped by malevolent/benevolent energies in nature. This is why Eiye itself is a cult in Yoruba mystical order.

The Eye is also a cult in European cultures, borrowed from Greeks who stole and copied the knowledge from Children of Israel, who inherited the secrets after sacking the Canaanites from the land. In Europe The Eye is "Illuminati", the equivalent of Yoruba's Eiye cult. The Zionists transferred the symbol onto the American dollar.

Another symbol is that of the egg (Eyin). In ancient times elders communicated secrets with the passage along of an egg. The modern day security clearance, so to speak. Only those in the circle of a knowledge had the specific egg bearing the specific dye. Eyin is a representation of the 16th letter of the Hebrew (Canaanite tongue) letter "AYN". Ayn means a secret or something hidden or covered from open view. 16 is used a lot in Jewish mysteries to encrypt message.......and if you add the 1+6 you get 7, which is the cosmic platform for revelation, openess and production or fertility in connection with egg.

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 5:33am On Jan 19, 2013
Interesting contribution, sirs (Alagba Negro and 19Naia).

For us to get a better picture of what happened pre-2500 BC era, we must dig into NOK culture. I have a feeling that the geographic spread/fringe of that era must have reached somewhere around Sudan. For example, did the Nok culture and the most infant Egyptian/Sudanese empires exist aside? The Chinese stuff is also interesting, I find it very illuminating and educative. I will research more on the Haplogroup DNA evidences, it seem a useful scientific tool to unravelling some of the issues we are discussing here. I so much suspect that the Luos, Luhya, Yorubas and Igbos once belonged to an older and ancient Nilotic group pre-2500 BC era. They must have separated due to the frequent upheavals in Egypt, around the same time the Bantu expansion was in motion. I pray this thread will give us more insights into these hidden mysteries.

Lastly, if we were to use the Haplogroup DNA evidence, it can be seen that modern Yoruba group is at least two branches away from their main ancestors. This may suggest that we had at least two major 'out-of-Africa' migrations into ancient Yorubaland. I hope I'm correct cheesy

@19aia, I believe the location you spoke about is somewhere around Eredo (a place we suspect may have been renamed after one of the most ancient Sumerian city, Eridu). Negro & Amor4ce, do you see the last three letters in those two locations are Idu and Edo? Again, we suspect some of the settlers tried recreating versions of their cities when they arrived. If you go to our earlier discussions, you'll find names like Ile-Ife and Igboho, as other locations that were perhaps renamed too.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 8:40am On Jan 19, 2013
I will follow up with responses to your questions tomorrow but I do want to say the term "Sudan" or "Soodan" is a beltway that stretches from Senegal and Mauritania on the Atlantic all up to the west bank of the nile in present day Sudan. The present day Sudan is tiny remnant of a much larger Sudan.

Nok is a Nupe civilization. Nupe itself is a proto- semitic migrant. They worshipped similar deities as Yorubas. Their home land stretched into the hills of plateau and bordered with the Adamawa plains. They were driven out and shifted into part of Borgu. Borgu was the immediate neighbor to the north of Oyo back then but today Nupe is the neighbor to our north. Wars and attrition had shifted the landscape and the people.

Everypeople who had lost a war to an opposing force had also lost part or a whole homeland to the foreign army.

There is so much to decode......let's start having quiz to go with it. I start the first one.

1. What is the difference between Ori Olokun and Ade Orisa ? List three significant distinctions.

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by amor4ce(m): 11:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
@740megawatts, Sargon is a name that was originally transliterated by the oyinbo as Sarru-kin. I want to believe that the alteration to Sargon was carried out in preparation for the colonization of Africa so as to discourage those of our people who would have noticed that Sarru-kin is exactly what the Hausa call Sarkin (translated as 'the king of'), and other similar mischievous transliterations.

@Tony Spike, this is my own theory. There were people living on earth, Ile-Ife specifically, way before Adimu and Iya were created. After some time there was a flood that affected Ile-Ife as indicated in the Yoruba accounts of the creation recorded by Ellis in his late 19th century book about the Yoruba. The creation of Iya and her husband occurred in a marshy Ile-Ife (or portion of Ile-Ife), meaning that there may have been a local flood. After a long while there was a global flood and when the flood waters receded the descendants of Noah migrated from Oramfe (not Ararat: Ora(m)- > Ara- and -fe > rat) to the east to begin another phase in history and because west and central africa would have been too marshy. Also, migration could have taken place across saharan rivers and the lake chad which would have been much larger. By the time the oyinbo were taking over the middle east and north africa the semites and egyptians began to return to west and central africa which was like a virgin territory, except perhaps for the presence of the pygmies.

It is also my opinion that those canaanite peoples were living in Canaan in order to take over the place, pose fraudulently as the actual inheritors of that land, and prevent the Redeemer's people from inheriting it. We have been witnessing same - the oyinbo have been occupying that region claiming to be the true owners, copying the rites and customs even though they misunderstand them, trying to copy the writing system but due to difficulties developed theirs which the oyinbo world applauded as a language revival, etc. Since Eshu will thrust out (the 'shu' in Eshu) these liars from that place, and after a while Satan will be released to deceive people and gather them against us, it is very likely that those people will call us illegal occupants and argue, using the fake langusge called modern hebrew, that ours is borrowed. That is if Eshu did not destroy all memory of their works.

I want to believe that the Bantu groups constitute the various families of Misri (Egypt) and migrated therefrom toward the south upon invasions from Fulani-Assyria, Babylon, the Hellenists and turks/fake arabs, much later than 2500BC.In Genesis 10:13-14 the families of Misri are mentioned as Ludim, Anamim, Lehabim, Naphtuhim, Pathrusim (Pathros?), and Casluhim. Luhya may be the actual rendition of Lehabim and the similarity between the names of their subgroups and Yoruba and Igbo could be the result of cultural diffusion when both migrated southward and when the Yoruba fled to Misri during Babylonian siege.

@Negro_Ntns, the 'Yoruba Cultural Institute' (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yoruba-Cultural-Institute/160320050663312?ref=stream) postulated that the word 'Egypt' may be from a cognate of EJIGBEDE (Eiyele Ejigbede), which in my opinion may be related to the bird symbol on both sides of some Yoruba beaded crowns like the one in the image you posted. That would be three birds in all - 2 at the sides and one on top, just as the Redeemer has Elijah and Moses standing by Him, the two witnesses, and Egypt and Hausa/Assyria beside Yoruba, and the Americas and Asia beside Africa.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/954443_YorubaCrown33rd_jpegbbb174add4dc3bb501cbe06820410063
Other suggested actual words/cognates are Delta - Omi Deta / Omi Di Meta, Adelphi - Adifa / Adifala, Thoth - Otito, Ramses - Aremo Osin, Moses - Moshewaye, Rosetta stone - Aroko Orisi Meta, Senemut - Osinmole, and Memphis - Molufe. It was also suggested that the name of the [b]Hell[/b]enist land thief known as Alexander is actually a title given to him by Egyptian priests, and that it is from Alakoso ti n dari aye. I couldn't help but notice the similarity with the title Olukoso.

I also have my own quiz:

2. What distinguishes Eshumare from Eshu Laalu?
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by mimijj(f): 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
eddy1977:

No,with all respects to my yorouba brothers and sisters. You are not even remotely related to Israel.you are not even related to some Ethiopians,so please cool off.

You have no dna rapprochement,no cultural similarities,not even any religious resemblance.

Be proud of who you are and leave the Israelis alone. You may be descendants of the canaanites,the jebusites or even the philistines,but not sons of Jacob. Sorry,he is not your ancestor.

You are just typical subsaharan negroids like most of us. Let's celebrate your true heritage.you should be proud of your intelligence and wealth and not this nonsensical philosophy which actually humiliates you.
Your true ancestors will feel insulted to know that you are trying to claim jewish ancestry.
So,in honor of your tru ancestors i beg you to be proud of your true heritage which is anything but Jewish.

PERVERTERs! Ur end is coming soon
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TheBlue5: 3:34am On Apr 18, 2015
Funny when Igbo people claim this with having archeological evidence and a good number of Jewish people agreeing with them and a bunch of books writting about it and connecting the dots between the Igbo and the israel, and this has been going on since and possibly before the 18th century and the Igbo culture and Jewish culture are almost identical they get mocked and receive hatred but when another tribe does it with no culture identical to the Jewish people, and just doing this out of the blue, with no archeological or even DNA evidence (I read that some Igbo tested positive for Cohen DNA, meaning some Igbo are from the tribe of Levi) they get ignored or people just agree with them, but none the less they do not receive any hatred for it what a bunch of BS!
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by absoluteSuccess: 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
TheBlue5:
Funny when Igbo people claim this with having archeological evidence and a good number of Jewish people agreeing with them and a bunch of books writting about it and connecting the dots between the Igbo and the israel, and this has been going on since and possibly before the 18th century and the Igbo culture and Jewish culture are almost identical they get mocked and receive hatred but when another tribe does it with no culture identical to the Jewish people, and just doing this out of the blue, with no archeological or even DNA evidence (I read that some Igbo tested positive for Cohen DNA, meaning some Igbo are from the tribe of Levi) they get ignored or people just agree with them, but none the less they do not receive any hatred for it what a bunch of BS!

Are you still from Ethiopia?

Don't let sentiments betray you,

Stay being Ethiopian, its good for you.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TheBlue5: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

Are you still from Ethiopia?

Don't let sentiments betray you,

Stay being Ethiopian, its good for you.

Yes, I'm still Ethiopia I just hate hypocrites.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by absoluteSuccess: 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
TheBlue5:

Yes, I'm still Ethiopia I just hate hypocrites.
Isnt it hypocritical to claim on one thread that 'Yoruba, igbo and so on were in Jew business together even when you know thats not what you think'? so it was meant to wade off or bribe an adversary? Now here you are haunting a Yoruba thread dedicated to the same issue? I want to assume you are above petty hypocrisy and inferiority complex cos I'm south African too.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TheBlue5: 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Isnt it hypocritical to claim on one thread that 'Yoruba, igbo and so on were in Jew business together even when you know thats not what you think'? so it was meant to wade off or bribe an adversary? Now here you are haunting a Yoruba thread dedicated to the same issue? I want to assume you are above petty hypocrisy and inferiority complex cos I'm south African too.

I'm saying the Igbo are receiving hate but not the Yoruba, which is why I call hypocrisy because it's the same topic 'And African tribe claiming to be from Israel' but the only difference is one of them is receiving hate and the other is not. I don't deny that the Yoruba are Jews, because I do not know If they're or not. But one tribe who has more evidence of being from Israel but is claiming to be from Israel is receiving hate while another tribe is claiming to be from Israel, but has no evidence is just recieving support and not hatered. I have my suspicions that this website is own by Yorubas.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by delishpot: 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
What is with this obsession with Isreal fa? Are you guyS only valuable when linked to Isreal abi wetin? Jesus don talk say Jehova na for us all and not for only the jews so why una dey rush Isreal as if dem go give una banana there?
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by omototiadewa: 3:25am On Apr 19, 2015
Have any among you seen this www.punchng.com/news/ooni-is-fond-of-distorting-history-alaafin/ please read it carefully
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by absoluteSuccess: 7:19am On Apr 19, 2015
omototiadewa:
Have any among you seen this www.punchng.com/news/ooni-is-fond-of-distorting-history-alaafin/ please read it carefully
Stop snooping around the net and sharing what you don't understand, rouse the reins and put your thought forward, let's see.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Ihuomadinihu: 9:16am On Apr 21, 2015
TheBlue5:

I'm saying the Igbo are receiving hate but not the Yoruba, which is why I call hypocrisy because it's the same topic 'And African tribe claiming to be from Israel' but the only difference is one of them is receiving hate and the other is not. I don't deny that the Yoruba are Jews, because I do not know If they're or not. But one tribe who has more evidence of being from Israel but is claiming to be from Israel is receiving hate while another tribe is claiming to be from Israel, but has no evidence is just recieving support and not hatered. I have my suspicions that this website is own by Yorubas.
Lol,don't mind them! This thread has already lost its' course.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by tonychristopher: 10:11am On Apr 21, 2015
THEY CANT BE JEWISH, FROM THEIR ATTITUDE AND CULTURE, IT IS A DIVIATION FROM JEW UNLIKE IGBO WHICH IS AN AFRICANIZED FORM OF HEBREW, THIS HAS BEEN NOTED CENTURIES EVEN BEFORE THE WHITE MAN AND THE GLARING CULTURAL SIMALIRITIES FROM BIRTH, CIRCUMCISION ON 8TH DAY, PURIFICATION RITES, MARRIAGE RITES AND EVEN GLOBAL OUTLOOK

YORUBA ARE BASICALLY ODUDUWA THAT FEEL FROM THE SKY, WAS ODUDUWA ONE OF THE FALLEN ANGELS THAT REBELLED
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by absoluteSuccess: 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
TheBlue5:

Any Yoruba claiming to be Jew, the same is a fool.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by omototiadewa: 12:00am On Apr 22, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Stop snooping around the net and sharing what you don't understand, rouse the reins and put your thought forward, let's see.

so who mentioned you? Well since you picked it up perharps you know what i know, if so u shld be the one to further your thought and not hunting mine mr.success
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by absoluteSuccess: 7:20am On Apr 22, 2015
omototiadewa:

so who mentioned you? Well since you picked it up perharps you know what i know, if so u shld be the one to further your thought and not hunting mine mr.success
Thanks, and it's 'absoluteSuccess' next time. grin
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by lawani: 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
NegroNtns:

I believe I have enough posts in NL to take you from Oduduwa to Noah.. Search different archived topics on Oduduwa and you will find my link of him to Joktan (Qahtan).

This is the 10057th year of the present Yoruba culture. Adam lived 6 thousand years ago. There were reference to cities filled with people during Adam's time. Humans have been on Earth for millions of years. The language of Kemitic Egypt of five thousand years ago was a kind of Ife language because the vocab is very much similar to modern Yoruba, so it was probably thesame as ancient Yoruba. Ancient Israelites understood this language. The Yoruba have been sedentary before any other culture on Earth going by the calendar. The first settlement on Earth was ancient Ife and we don't know how long ago that was. The Yoruba were taught metal working by humanoid aliens who landed on Earth thousands of years ago. The Jews are relatively new people. Maybe 4 thousand years old. All people were nomads before the beginning of the sedentary culture. So Yorubas are not Jews. The calendar alone negates that. The father of Yoruba and of humanity according to the Yoruba is actually Obatala the most senior orisa, not Oduduwa. Orunmila is also senior to the new Oduduwa, the original Oduduwa was a woman but all may be said to be reincarnations of Obatala who is the most senior person in Yoruba history. So we can't be Jews because we have been here thousands of years before the Adam, Moses or Abraham as have been majority of the world's peoples.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by anonymous6(f): 3:38am On Jun 17, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
[size=32pt]SHARRRAAAP!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE YORUBAS AND ARE DESCENDANTS OF ODUDUA!

EVERYONE, JESUS, NOAH, ADAM, etc., ARE DESCENDED FROM ODUDUA![/size]

Lmao
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by absoluteSuccess: 7:45am On Jun 17, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
Welcome.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by absoluteSuccess: 7:46am On Jun 17, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Fair enough, welcome.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Olu317(m): 4:34pm On May 21, 2018
eddy1977:

No,with all respects to my yorouba brothers and sisters. You are not even remotely related to Israel.you are not even related to some Ethiopians,so please cool off.

You have no dna rapprochement,no cultural similarities,not even any religious resemblance.

Be proud of who you are and leave the Israelis alone. You may be descendants of the canaanites,the jebusites or even the philistines,but not sons of Jacob. Sorry,he is not your ancestor.

You are just typical subsaharan negroids like most of us. Let's celebrate your true heritage.you should be proud of your intelligence and wealth and not this nonsensical philosophy which actually humiliates you.
Your true ancestors will feel insulted to know that you are trying to claim jewish ancestry.
So,in honor of your tru ancestors i beg you to be proud of your true heritage which is anything but Jewish.

Do you know The Yoruba ethnic group of Nigeria has been sampled in previous genetic studies. The Yorubas were part of the international HapMap studies that led to the sequencing of the Human Genome and to create a map of human genome sequence variations . Samples from the Yoruba ethnic group were also included to collectively identify >3 million common DNA variants, primarily SNPs . SNP data and their linkage disequilibrium patterns provide basic information for genome-wide association studies in African or admixed populations . But then your opinion is solely yours and doesn't change the researches carried out by Western researchers on Yorubas in Diaspora and Nigeria. In actual fact, nobody is in denial of the name Yoruba but negroid identity is relatively new . But have you for once identified the look of ancient Hebrews ? Have you done any research in such manner as a Western professor like Reich David? There is no big deal if you are egocentric about coloured Race but do you know how many types of Colour people that existed in the ancient times?
I need to do extensive work before submission on such intriguing information as such human history as it related to ancient Hebrew.

Below screenshot show admixture of Yoruba and thus point to the direction that Yorubas were not originally of the present day Nigeria but migrants

If you are against this ,then bring information from renowned work on genome that claimed otherwise.

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by davidnazee: 5:19pm On May 21, 2018
TonySpike:
I've only read this paper halfway and I must confess that the logic is very sound. Very wonderful expository of the ancient Yoruba kingdom and its link to ancient Isreal. As a diversion, didn't someone propose that ILE IFE is the code-word for NINEVEH some weeks ago on Nairaland? I'm beginning to see that different locations in Yorubaland indeed hold the key to unravelling more truths about the lost tribe(s) of Israel. Odumchi, I suggest this thread is pulled to the first page. Thanks

Lol... so you really believe you are Israelites? it’s a shame when blacks deny their identity to embrace a foreign one.
Yorubas are NOT Israelites, you are a tribe that was conquered and ruled by Nupes, Fulanis and great Benin kingdom..
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by kayfra: 12:53am On May 24, 2018
Israel ko, ile-ife ni angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Masquerade Unmasks Himself, Pleads For Money On The Streets Of Owerri / Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) / The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.