Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (109905 Views)

Real Madrid's Champions League Exit Is A Blessing To Us (R.Madrid Fans Only) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Strictly Ac Milan Fans Only ( Tu Sei Tutta La Mia Vita = You Sit All My Life ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 9:38am On May 29, 2011
with the way we ended the season i was more confident for next season,
but with the buys, am not sure what the objective is again.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 4:10pm On May 29, 2011
usbcable:

I am also very worried and would not vouch that these whole signing has been the doing of jose but lets see what happen until the 31st of august. I know some players will leave and i wouldn't mind if ronaldo is part of them to cash it on him and get players who would play as a team.

I heard canales will probably be going to villarael and players like gago, diarra will be sold. I think granero might leave as well because we are also chasing swazinga from bayern. The castilla team will be playing tonight with the hope of quaöifying despite losing the first leg by two goals to nil. My mind is really focused on that team so that they can come up back to the segunda division.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 4:26pm On May 29, 2011
Just In - Madrid turns down big offers for canales and pdero to villarael and mancity respectively, guess there was no option of buy back clause because these would have been a good prospect for canales.

I don't want any madrid player that we would need in the future to go sit on the bench of mancity.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 8:37pm On May 29, 2011
Castilla just played a 2-2 draw with alcoyano so they are out of the playoff games. sad

Mirandes, sevilla 2, guadalajara, badalona, alaves, real murcia and sabadell are through to the next round.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 9:16pm On May 29, 2011
Pharoh:

Castilla just played a 2-2 draw with alcoyano so they are out of the playoff games. sad

Mirandes, sevilla 2, guadalajara, badalona, alaves, real murcia and sabadell are through to the next round.
Alaves? damn! They've gone so low. . . They were in the UEFA Cup final in 2001. They narrowly lost 4-5 to Liverpool. Great team back then.
So you get to watch Castilla's matches? Nice
usbcable:

IMO, this team doesn't strengthening except you wanna sign Lionel Messi and the entire Barca XI. You can hardly any player out there better than what you already have.
You guys just need to promote some guys from the Castilla to add to what you already have.
I've seen Pablo Sarabia, the dude is something else.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 8:45am On May 30, 2011
^^
Agreed.
If it had been Madrid in the final, they would have still torn United to shreds.
I think Barca and Madrid are the best 2 teams in the world right now, and they hold the keys to each other.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 12:13pm On May 31, 2011
na siddon look attitude I dey with the new signings undecided

I feel the team needs more of a cosmetic alteration then structural.

imagine the zeal in the last 4 matches of liga
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 12:15pm On May 31, 2011
medjai:

Alaves? damn! They've gone so low. . . They were in the UEFA Cup final in 2001. They narrowly lost 4-5 to Liverpool. Great team back then.
So you get to watch Castilla's matches? Nice IMO, this team doesn't strengthening except you wanna sign Lionel Messi and the entire Barca XI. You can hardly any player out there better than what you already have.
You guys just need to promote some guys from the Castilla to add to what you already have.
for once we see on a common level kiss
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 4:00pm On May 31, 2011
Pharoh:

Castilla just played a 2-2 draw with alcoyano so they are out of the playoff games.  sad

Na which team be badalona?

medjai:

So you get to watch Castilla's matches? Nice IMO, this team doesn't strengthening except you wanna sign Lionel Messi and the entire Barca XI. You can hardly any player out there better than what you already have.

Madrid has never been that kind of team. Back in the 50s and 60s, Madrid was pretty much the team doing all the buying in Europe, getting all the big name guys.  What they really need, like Chelsea, is consistency. Teams like United and Barcelona have developed some level of consistency in their approach to planning, and they have also a club system. Madrid has always gotten the big players on board to do the job. And that has been successful.

Whether Di Stefano, Sanchez, Zamorano, Suker/Mijatovic, Figo, Ronaldo & Zidane, and now CR. Likewise coaches: Capello, Schuster, Heynckes, and now Jose Mourinho. These players and coaches are world class, and can deliver for any team. Beyond that, there is little else, so the club has to keep signing big names to manage success. Success they will find temporarily, mind you. But they have to keep signing these stars, Galacticos, to keep guaranteeing success. Which is the problem Chelsea now has.

For United it was Fergie, and for Barca it was Cryuff, who provided the direction and way forward. Madrid will need that kind of individual to point them in the right direction, and given the club's pedigree and antecedents, its not likely to happen soon.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On May 31, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
Those signings are not Mou signings.
And I am ready to bet he will ignore those guys when season starts.

I have a feeling those are Mourinho signings

They follow a pattern

Ozil German Turk. Khedira- German -Tunisian, Altintop, German-Turn(Born in Berlin), Sahin- German Turk

If you guys know Mourinho very well, He buys a lot of workmen for the team

Look at Mancini, Muntari buys in Inter, Jarosik, Maniche etc signing at Chelsea.

Someone here even said they are bidding for Schweinsteiger? LOL Dey deceive yourself, Schweinsteiger that extended less than 6months ago.

No way in hell is he coming to Real
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2011
One good thing I kinda like about every single one of the signings is that they are a shift from the norm of outrageously ''expensive'' signings.

but sometimes awuf dey run belle(altinthop) grin but i hope not in all this cases.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 8:40pm On May 31, 2011
usbcable:

One good thing I kinda like about every single one of the signings is that they are a shift from the norm of outrageously ''expensive'' signings.

but sometimes awuf dey run belle(altinthop) grin but i hope not in all this cases.
Thanks to FFP(Financial Fair Play)
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Mcleo007(m): 9:21pm On May 31, 2011
Wow! So nice to have stumbled on this thread to note how Madridistas are faring so far. I must confess my contentment with the "matured" way with which you guys are going about ur points and commentaries. It shows a mark of good sports-follower-ship. Happy for u guys! wink My good wish is that Mourinho gives you guys the kind of 'Soccertainment' this great club deserves. Madrid is too good a club to be dragged in the mud by JM. All the same, nice one guys. Keep the zeal pouring out. See y'all in the new season. Hala Madrid!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 11:16pm On May 31, 2011
dayokanu:

I have a feeling those are Mourinho signings

They follow a pattern

Ozil German Turk. Khedira- German -Tunisian, Altintop, German-Turn(Born in Berlin), Sahin- German Turk

If you guys know Mourinho very well, He buys a lot of workmen for the team

Look at Mancini, Muntari buys in Inter, Jarosik, Maniche etc signing at Chelsea.

Someone here even said they are bidding for Schweinsteiger? LOL Dey deceive yourself, Schweinsteiger that extended less than 6months ago.

No way in hell is he coming to Real

I don't know about the workmen bit. Germans yes. But like Oezil, they are playmaker types. Altintorp is out of gas for me.
Looks more like Madrid trying to sell shirts in Turkey.

By the way, Muntari, Jarosik, and Maniche never played any major role with Mou.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by dayokanu(m): 11:26pm On May 31, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I don't know about the workmen bit. Germans yes. But like Oezil, they are playmaker types. Altintorp is out of gas for me.

Of those buys Ozil is the only playmaker.

Khedira, Sahin and Altintop are very similar though Sahin is better than the 2.

Trying to sell Shirts in Turkey? Maybe not. Cos Sahin would hope to play In Xabi-Alonso/Khedira role, Maybe end of the road for Lass

Dont you know a lot of Mourinho buys are just to fill up the squad,
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 10:35am On Jun 01, 2011
AjanleKoko:

may be he wants a repeat of what he did in inter: most thought Lucio was old and whatever but he proved a valuable asset just like cavalho and prolly altintop gamble.
AjanleKoko:

we need the cash and popularity too.
turkey is a big economy in euro-asia region, and its worth having a good representation there. grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 10:46am On Jun 01, 2011
^^
Actually the shirt comment is not a slight. Madrid is the most business-minded club in the world.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2011
dayokanu:

Trying to sell Shirts in Turkey? Maybe not. Cos Sahin would hope to play In Xabi-Alonso/Khedira role, Maybe end of the road for Lass

wont be surprised if lass goes. he at one time complained and wanted to leave(for old lady i guess)

dayokanu:

Dont you know a lot of Mourinho buys are just to fill up the squad,
grin
the guy cant be that ridiculous.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2011
^^^
^^^
I know and concure

400 mill aint no childs play
even after six years of not playing the quarters of ucl.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 10:51am On Jun 01, 2011
Mcleo007:

Wow! So nice to have stumbled on this thread to note how Madridistas are faring so far. I must confess my contentment with the "matured" way with which you guys are going about your points and commentaries. It shows a mark of good sports-follower-ship. Happy for u guys! wink My good wish is that Mourinho gives you guys the kind of 'Soccertainment' this great club deserves. Madrid is too good a club to be dragged in the mud by JM. All the same, nice one guys. Keep the zeal pouring out. See y'all in the new season. Hala Madrid!
thanks for za complement.
and see you next season too
viva real madrid.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2011
So Zokora too has joined the turkish legionnares with Trabzonspor.

the guy sha, he almost wonjure Kaka for our last encounter.
he was just vexing for vexing sake. angry

wish him the best of luck.

this is really not the best of times for african football.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2011
Hw market, madrid?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2011
^^^
never been better
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2011
usbcable:

So Zokora too has joined the turkish legionnares with Trabzonspor.

the guy sha, he almost wonjure Kaka for our last encounter.
he was just vexing for vexing sake. angry

wish him the best of luck.

this is really not the best of times for african football.

Our guys are now old. West and North, na the same thing. Mostly old legs, past their prime.
But Nigeria holds potential. Somehow, I have a good feeling about Sia1 wink
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by khanye(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2011
Real Madrid set to sign Benfica's Fabio Coentrao for €22m - report
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 5:36pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^^

*singing*

too much money
*--- the problems how to spend it
plenty euro
*---straight to benfica make we start to they dash them
I don tire
*---every season and year na so we dey give them

o.k I hope he performs sha. sighs.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2011
khanye:

Most def a Mou buy. wink
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by dayokanu(m): 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2011
So what happens to your current LB
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by coogar: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2011
khanye:

easily the best left back in the world at the moment. ferguson missed a good player letting coentrao walk unchallenged into real madrid.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2011
Why sign Contreao when you already have:
Marcelo(arguably, the world's best left-back)
Arbeloa(another quality left-back)
Nacho(young and decent back up)
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Akolawole(m): 9:35am On Jun 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Muntari and Maniche really really play a big role for JM
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by chic2pimp(m): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2011
medjai:

Why sign Contreao when you already have:
Marcelo(arguably, the world's best left-back)
Arbeloa(another quality left-back)
Nacho(young and decent back up)
Arguably the world's best left back ma foot. A left back that can not execute his primary role properly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (102)

Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.