Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them (17395 Views)

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / Jega Should Relocate To The South East/south South Before Things Go Awry! / Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Korrection(m): 7:26am On Nov 04, 2012
omo see insult....buhahahahahaha
Toaskarity:

I never intend to insult you but i think you will deserve some now. Now nobody here doesnt know its a word refering to blacks ("ancient Latin, niger, 'black', probably from a Proto-Indo-European root *nekw-, 'to be dark', akin to *nokw- 'night') but then what is the mystery behind it years ago that i believe you dont really know!! you see atleast even my dad that dint finsh high school are way smarter than you talkmore of NL that can read and type, one thing is certain you are nothing but a poor peckham tout, i sense what you do there is to wash plates and with free internet service provided by the queen then you can type trash to gain popularity! i promise the only ppl that hail you here are nothing but plate washers like you!
NB: please anytime in ur life(if ever you will) maybe visit the USA, go to black hood and scream your NEGRO words with pride to older generation, i promise you after a brief brutality and uppercut even your nairalands dream girls wont recognise you again!! eeediottttttttttttt

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by StarFist(m): 7:30am On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx: [b]
We need to salvage the borderline retar.d like IQ of Nigerians! grin
who is this rat? May Amadioha punish your generations! Ewu atulu! U have the damn effrontery to insult my motherland? I wil send Boko Haram after you and your family! Usu

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Ekans: 7:31am On Nov 04, 2012
All sections of Nigeria made mistakes during the civil war,i believe we should make amends now we are at peace and little progress is being made in the midst of plenty.Like it or not, a sincere sovereign national conference will tackle most of our problems.The over reliance on the petro-dollar from crude oil is really doing this country harm.Ojukwu and Gowons era are gone,it is present day politicians and their insatiable greed that is wreaking this country.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by tyson55(m): 7:34am On Nov 04, 2012
@Op, Ok we have seen the pic of Gowon and Ojukwu...what exactly are we expected to do with it? undecided

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by chordben(m): 7:34am On Nov 04, 2012
So much mudfighting, wondering why we allowed ourselves to drift away from Post. Back on track: my take on the Post is that this eating from same plate was for effect. After the Aburi Accord both parties were meant to show bonafide intention by expressing brotherliness. Very ironical that the War continued in ernest immedaitely after.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Roon9(m): 7:36am On Nov 04, 2012
Who ß dis shymexx sef? Metropolitan police dey find U̶̲̥̅̊ with ur fake paSsport o

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Gombs(m): 7:38am On Nov 04, 2012
tyson55: @Op, Ok we have seen the pic of Gowon and Ojukwu...what exactly are we expected to do with it? undecided

Wanted to ask same too
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Gombs(m): 7:43am On Nov 04, 2012
tyson55: @Op, Ok we have seen the pic of Gowon and Ojukwu...what exactly are we expected to do with it? undecided

Was abt askin same
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by tyson55(m): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2012
Gombs:

Wanted to ask same too

My Broda, i tire for the Op O!

I tried figuring out what the pic is suppose to pass out as message, but i quickly realize that it doesn't change anything in today's Nigeria. Forty years after the civil war, the county didn't get any better, it got worst. Sooner or later the cesspit is gonna implode.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by davinchi(m): 8:11am On Nov 04, 2012
Toaskarity:

I never intend to insult you but i think you will deserve some now. Now nobody here doesnt know its a word refering to blacks ("ancient Latin, niger, 'black', probably from a Proto-Indo-European root *nekw-, 'to be dark', akin to *nokw- 'night') but then what is the mystery behind it years ago that i believe you dont really know!! you see atleast even my dad that dint finsh high school are way smarter than you talkmore of NL that can read and type, one thing is certain you are nothing but a poor peckham tout, i sense what you do there is to wash plates and with free internet service provided by the queen then you can type trash to gain popularity! i promise the only ppl that hail you here are nothing but plate washers like you!
NB: please anytime in ur life(if ever you will) maybe visit the USA, go to black hood and scream your NEGRO words with pride to older generation, i promise you after a brief brutality and uppercut even your nairalands dream girls wont recognise you again!! eeediottttttttttttt

Toaskarity,I rest my case cos u have said it all.Alot of people just type any rubbish that comes to their minds without knowing the meaning and still argue even after being educated on their ignorance.I feel so insulted that somebody will say those silly words of Nigeria and Nigerians just because he has the privilege of peddling drugs,washing corpse,washing plates and sweeping the streets of London.All i will say is, May God have mercy on him.[i][/i]

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Gombs(m): 8:15am On Nov 04, 2012
tyson55:

I tried figuring out what the pic is suppose to pass out as message, but i quickly realize that it doesn't change anything in today's Nigeria. Forty years after the civil war, the county didn't get any better, it got worst. Sooner or later the cesspit is gonna implode.

Funny,it made d frnt page
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by cyril83(m): 8:18am On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx: Two black "brothers" eating from the same plate - till, tribalism, nepotism, greed for power and control destroyed the "brotherhood." smh

Negroes are their own worst enemies! sad
mr man your word Negro is an offensive word to any black man in the word, if truly u r in the Uk as u claimed,I imploy u to stop using word dat will put into trouble or send u to ur early grave besides what's dia in the country 'UK' u always boast of,my frnd come to canada and see light...@OP I see no meaning to ur post, what exactly r u tryin to pass across to d pple?...waitin for ur reply
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx:

I can't believe this ignorant and stupid post got two likes - are you dumb or something?? Not surprised, anyway - the average IQ of Nigerians is 69! undecided

NEGRO is different from N.IGGER, cu.nt!

NEGRO means a black person!!! NI.GGER is the derogatory for black people - peep the difference, prick....

Let's just accept that you have an IQ lower than that of a toad, but if you've got eyes - you would know that there's a NLer called; Negro_ntns... If the word "Negro" were to be a derogatory word, I doubt someone as knowledgeable as Chief Negro_ntns would have used it as his handle....

Do Nigerians even read at all? - some of the comments on NL are just plain stupid... undecided
My brother don't mind so fake holy ppl. Negro is for a black person like u rightly pointed out but when he acts stupid or post crap on NL, he quickly goes from negro to nigger, nigress, nigriod, diick head nigger.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Ikwerefistson: 8:31am On Nov 04, 2012
[quote author=*556#]Read more here.

D problm wit u yorubas is dat u cliam u knw 2much wen at d end ure jst lyk any odar tribe in nija nd u hav no superior knwledge dan any odar tribe.achebe acusd awo of genocide d whole old thaterd idiots frm yoruba extractn threw caution to d wind wen its clear most of dm hs nt even sen d book.d sam awo b4 he kickd jery can aceptd hs sins nd d lyks of fany kayode who by dat tyme is stl lickng ice cream ws 2 busy wit it 2 knw wen awo acept hs actions.on d isue of tribalism,i belev fela is nt an urhobo man.he tod awo 2d face dat hes d man dat introducd tribalism in nija. D party ncnc nd ag wic of dm hs a national outlok,mugu its ncnc.4ur info awo floatd ag nd named awon egbe omo odua.meang a gatherng 4d yorubas does dat sound nationalistic,yoruba hypocretes

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by justsayemma(m): 8:34am On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx:

Bwahahahahahahhaha

It seems you want your hands amputated smh....

I'll chop off your filthy hands and feed them to my dogs... undecided

Stick to the topic, mate!

Y wil u insult Nigerians because of sombody's comment directed 2 u? Ve u 4goten dat a Nigerian made histry by makin a 4/4 CGPA in a European Uni? And a Nigerian is a Vc in an American Uni? D list is endless. I know ur type,u r jst an opportunist,deceivin ur poor slf dat u r nw way above oda Nigerians(a wannabe) it clearly shows u were poorly brot up,n imbecility flows in ur vain.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 04, 2012

You don't know? Then u don't know NL, it was posted there, and it made front page to promote tribal war of words. The worriors are not yet here, just give them small time, they'll be here.
They went to church to get their praise on, they'll be back

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Ikwerefistson: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx: Toaska-dummy

Let me break it down for you:

Negro - Negroid - Black Person....

Go back to elementary school and take those liking your comment with you on your way there...

ya dnt mind d idiot dat can nt difrentiate btw d words nigga frm negriods.nd yet u se hm quick at calng gej slowpoke,reterden,wen hes even worst
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 04, 2012
Usama binYamiri:
I have seen the Video: Gowon was eating like a bushman while Ojukwu was careful not to eat anything.

So, a "Brother" invites his sibling to dinner so they could squash squabbles over a meal. One comes through but doesnt eat, then his friends call the other brother a bushman for eating from the meal prepared for everyone sitting at the table.... a meal that was a peace offering.

Really sounds like someone that wanted peace from the jump! smh

Arrogance destroys. Your words show youve learnt nothing from the mistakes of your Fathers.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 04, 2012
Ikwere fist son: ya dnt mind d idiot dat can nt difrentiate btw d words nigga frm negriods.nd yet u se hm quick at calng gej slowpoke,reterden,wen hes even worst

Has anyone ever told you you post like an id*iot?

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Gombs(m): 8:44am On Nov 04, 2012
tyson55:

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 04, 2012
aribisala0: What exactly is a "bushman" and what does it mean to "eat like a bushman". The level of Colonial dispossession is really unfathomable !
I suppose eating like a bushman means eating in a way that Europeans would not approve

Hes clearly unstable. Arrogant monkey thing.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Ikwerefistson: 8:47am On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx:

Bwahahaha - I'm just playing with Nigerians... However, truth be told - most Nigerians are ridiculously unintelligent...

How can someone curse me out for saying using "Negro" to describe black people? Saying "Negro" is an offensive word is like saying "caucasian" is an offensive word...

I'm insulting Nigerians, I'm just admonishing you guys to read more - and stop crying foul about everything... I don't know who's dumber, the clown who made the assertion - or the fools who liked his ignorant comment.. undecided
my frnd leav nijerans alone.my pepl re 2sentemental nd hate d truth.wen u tel dm dia shortcmgs dy turn arund nd insult u nd at d end of it d same percevd ignorance is clincng dm on d shouldr.so jst leav dm alone
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by a1solution: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2012
davinchi:

Toaskarity,I rest my case cos u have said it all.Alot of people just type any rubbish that comes to their minds without knowing the meaning and still argue even after being educated on their ignorance.I feel so insulted that somebody will say those silly words of Nigeria and Nigerians just because he has the privilege of peddling drugs,washing corpse,washing plates and sweeping the streets of London.All i will say is, May God have mercy on him.[i][/i]
abeg make una pity the guy o
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Ikwerefistson: 9:22am On Nov 04, 2012
Usama binYamiri: A picture is worth more than a thousand words, but this "picture" is a still from a video of the Aburi Conference in Ghana at the start of the war.
I have seen the Video: Gowon was eating like a bushman while Ojukwu was careful not to eat anything.
Don't post misleading information!
a1solution: abeg make una pity the guy o
Usama binYamiri: A picture is worth more than a thousand words, but this "picture" is a still from a video of the Aburi Conference in Ghana at the start of the war.
Don't post misleading information!
davinci b4 u guys stat insulting d guy u fist fnd out wat hapnd.d guy made a clasificatn frm an active statement on quote, negroids re bla bla bla.d nija guy reactd by insultng hm on y he shuld be using dat word.nw is it nt derogatory dat a man old enuf 2 contribute in ds forum dnt knw d meang of nigga nd negroids.as in d difrence.pepl lyk hm gve rum 4 odar con3 2 insult our intelectual capacity.instead of una 2 shout 4our broda say hm fall our hand una dy dy return fire.na wa o
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by prettyboi1(m): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2012
Toaskarity:

its soo shamefull you are the only one using this nNegroes evrywhere on nl internet that can be searched and how funny you claim you live in england. Atimes i wonder if you really understand what it means and how country like america and co are trying hard to get ride of the word. you may be using it wit the thought dat u re right jst because you re black! thats not true there are people who really pass thru it and some of them still alive. Respect them!! even most site dont let ppl use it! if this was yahoo and you use it, you will have so much thumbs down that the word will be hidden! it shows you shld never use it no matter what! same thing with kkk etc. i know this is long and out of topic but i have seen you use that word many times here, a word you never pass thru neigther do ur great grand father!! if you are so angry or mad about nigeria, yoi can put ur finger on the keyboard and type monkeys or illitrates etc i promise u its more annoying though thats only what weak ppl like u can offer the country.

My dear,the word "negro" is not a bad word. Negro refers to someone from the "Negroid" race i.e. a "black person" like most people call it. You and me & all Africans & black people are Negros. Our race is called the Negroid race just like white people are of the "Caucasian" or "Caucasoid" race, Many Asian countries are of the "Mongoloid" race etc. I think you're confusing the word "Negro" with the word "Nigger." Negro is not an offensive word but it's the word "Nigger" that was originally offensive to blacks.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Burger01(m): 9:41am On Nov 04, 2012
Shymexx is here again talking rubbish!! The thread is as good as lost and derailed. Always seeking attention to his depleted ego. Why can't posters just ignore his posts and let's focus on th topic at hand! its a kill joy when interesting threads are derailed and irrelevant comments are made... Mtcheew.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Shaw007(m): 9:47am On Nov 04, 2012
C as Una derail thread sharply!! (at least its better than tribal wars) So na english dey cause all dz commotion? Mad men!! And b4 u start saying sh*it about IQ,post urs b4 we leggo. . .
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by kayjegs: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx: Toaska-dummy

Let me break it down for you:

Negro - Negroid - Black Person....

Go back to elementary school and take those liking your comment with you on your way there...

Wow! Some people think they know something o. Mr Shymexx...please whenever you are in America or in an Afro-American neighbourhood, use the word "NEGRO" and you will understand better from the response you get. It is either you are beaten black and blue or something. Before I say jack, you may refer this comment of mine as an insult, but it is not. It is just a fact. That word is not being used anymore and do you know that Afro-American or African American is now being used in place of Black American. So please, let it just be within this thread or nairaland and even try to adjust so as not to use such words again. Sincerely....

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by kayjegs: 9:55am On Nov 04, 2012
pretty_boi:

My dear,the word "negro" is not a bad word. Negro refers to someone from the "Negroid" race i.e. a "black person" like most people call it. You and me & all Africans & black people are Negros. Our race is called the Negroid race just like white people are of the "Caucasian" or "Caucasoid" race, Many Asian countries are of the "Mongoloid" race etc. I think you're confusing the word "Negro" with the word "Nigger." Negro is not an offensive word but it's the word "Nigger" that was originally offensive to blacks.

In as much as you are correct with the definitions and so on. For your information, that word is no longer used in the context of what we are saying here. If you are talking of race, fine. But anything that has to do with RACE is being used carefully and not just anyhow. For example, you cant just say "See these caucasians" or "Negros" or "Mongoloids"..it is already sounding derogratory. Negro or Nigger whichever, you try using it in America and you will understand that what you have just said here is a definition and you will not be looked at with favourable eyes at all. It is not used in expressions anyhow again. Let's just learn this.

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by oobim(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2012
I'm glad Shymex n co derailed ds thread.Those demonic mods posted ds to cause tribal 'war'.Seun n hs fellow demons,una plan don fail fr ds one.

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by aribisala0(m): 10:42am On Nov 04, 2012
Sure ,the word GAY is not a bad word Gay refers to being happy ,lively and in good spirits. YOU are very gay my friend
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by MrJK(m): 10:52am On Nov 04, 2012
Happy birthday Dim. There was an icon. RIP

Jang Shuns PDP Reconciliation Committee / State Of The Parties: Graveyard Peace In Apc / Why Senate Rejected Jacob Daodu, Ondo Ambassadorial Nominee

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81