Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them (17393 Views)

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / Jega Should Relocate To The South East/south South Before Things Go Awry! / Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Burger01(m): 10:52am On Nov 04, 2012
Gombs:

So u finally got to knw u derailed d thread with ǖя̩̥̊ Negro horsepoo?I chop off ǖя̩̥̊ head n giv it to Okija shrine...PS:we're not mates...am a nigerian,not a Brit

Did you say he is a brit? He is just an Epe man living a ghetto live in that shiite of a place called peckham. He is only living a wasted life in that hole of place and always talk down on good meaning nigerians as if he is not an Epe man from naija. He was banned severally for derailing threads. If he doesn't use shymexx, he would use shymex or hyperman. Please let's just ignore him. He is always fond of derailing threads and making noise about his sorry life in that damned place that doesn't even make sense to any sensible person. The MODs are even tired of him...
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by 5alive(m): 11:14am On Nov 04, 2012
LMdickO
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx:

I can't believe this ignorant and stupid post got two likes - are you dumb or something?? Not surprised, anyway - the average IQ of Nigerians is 69! undecided

NEGRO is different from N.IGGER, cu.nt!

NEGRO means a black person!!! NI.GGER is the derogatory for black people - peep the difference, prick....

Let's just accept that you have an IQ lower than that of a toad, but if you've got eyes - you would know that there's a NLer called; Negro_ntns... If the word "Negro" were to be a derogatory word, I doubt someone as knowledgeable as Chief Negro_ntns would have used it as his handle....

Do Nigerians even read at all? - some of the comments on NL are just plain stupid... undecided

What a fool you are Bittyend or whatever your other nomenclature is. A jobless British wannabe in Peckham. I hope you have had your chips and oily (ofenmanu) chicken today. gay! Even Negroes evoke emotions unpleasant and am sure your who*re mother never taught you that. Oh obviously your mum raised you as a single mother living off benefits so i can also regard her as a scrounger who brought your worthless life to nairaland. Once again, gay.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by naturalwaves: 11:26am On Nov 04, 2012
Toaskarity:

I never intend to insult you but i think you will deserve some now. Now nobody here doesnt know its a word refering to blacks ("ancient Latin, niger, 'black', probably from a Proto-Indo-European root *nekw-, 'to be dark', akin to *nokw- 'night') but then what is the mystery behind it years ago that i believe you dont really know!! you see atleast even my dad that dint finsh high school are way smarter than you talkmore of NL that can read and type, one thing is certain you are nothing but a poor peckham tout, i sense what you do there is to wash plates and with free internet service provided by the queen then you can type trash to gain popularity! i promise the only ppl that hail you here are nothing but plate washers like you!
NB: please anytime in ur life(if ever you will) maybe visit the USA, go to black hood and scream your NEGRO words with pride to older generation, i promise you after a brief brutality and uppercut even your nairalands dream girls wont recognise you again!! eeediottttttttttttt
My friend, when you make a blunder and you are corrected, swallow your pride and take to corrections. It was obvious you mistook the word Negro for Nigge.r and instead of you to accept corrections even after you checked some reference materials, you resulted into insults. Anyone that doubts your IQ level is right afterall with your kind of behaviour.

When the word Negro was created, it was basically used to refer to persons with black skins from an African origin.Due to subsequent rascism against black people etc, some people find the word offensive(they thought it was) because it was given to them by the Europeans even though the word mean 'blacks'.That is why some people prefer to be called blacks instead of the word Negro.Since some persons find it offensive, it is advisable to use the word 'black' instead. You could still have told Shymexx this without the long epistle of insults cos he is right whichever way you look at it. By your argument, you should hate the word 'black' too.

Last year, I called a friend of mine an Amateur footballer and he got angry. The word 'Amateur' was offensive to him but it is not an insult cos he is not a Professional footballer. I stopped calling him that for peace sake. When something is offensive, it is not necessarily an insult.The same applies to the word "Negro".
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Ezeufi: 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx:

I can't believe this ignorant and stupid post got two likes - are you dumb or something?? Not surprised, anyway - the average IQ of Nigerians is 69! undecided

NEGRO means a black person!!! NI.GGER is the derogatory for black people - peep the difference, prick....

Let's just accept that you have an IQ lower than that of a toad, but if you've got eyes - you would know that there's a NLer called; Negro_ntns... If the word "Negro" were to be a derogatory word, I doubt someone as knowledgeable as Chief Negro_ntns would have used it as his handle....

Do Nigerians even read at all? - some of the comments on NL are just plain stupid... undecided

Is this guy really that stupid or pretending to be that stupid?

Negro does not mean black person you idiot. The word negro means black thing that is socially, morally, economically, and spiritually dead. It is a derivative of latin/greek word "necro". See- Necrophilia, necropolis, necromancy, etc.

Well, you probably wont believe until you are taught by a whiteman, so I don't know why did I bother to educate a fool.

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
Toaskarity:

I never intend to insult you but i think you will deserve some now. Now nobody here doesnt know its a word refering to blacks ("ancient Latin, niger, 'black', probably from a Proto-Indo-European root *nekw-, 'to be dark', akin to *nokw- 'night') but then what is the mystery behind it years ago that i believe you dont really know!! you see atleast even my dad that dint finsh high school are way smarter than you talkmore of NL that can read and type, one thing is certain you are nothing but a poor peckham tout, i sense what you do there is to wash plates and with free internet service provided by the queen then you can type trash to gain popularity! i promise the only ppl that hail you here are nothing but plate washers like you!
NB: please anytime in ur life(if ever you will) maybe visit the USA, go to black hood and scream your NEGRO words with pride to older generation, i promise you after a brief brutality and uppercut even your nairalands dream girls wont recognise you again!! eeediottttttttttttt

SEE AS DEM FINISH MY MAN SHYMMEX FOR THIS THREAD. ANYWAY I DIGRESS. BRAH ? YOU ARE WRONG AND EVERYTHING YOU WROTE UP THERE IS RUBBISH. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT CIVILIZATION PRE-DATES THE WHITE MANS DOMINANCE ON EARTH. BEFORE THE WHITE MAN TOOK OVER, THE PEOPLE AROUND ACTUALLY SPOKE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES. WHICH BRINGS ME TO WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT HOW THE WORD 'NIGER' CAME INTO BEING. THE WORD 'NIGER' PREDATES ANY WHITE CIVILIZATION AND WAS USED TO AFFECTIONATELY REFER TO DARK SKINNED BLACK PEOPLE. ONE OF THE SAINTS WHO WAS WITH PAUL IN THE BIBLE WAS AFFECTIONATELY REFERED TO AS 'NIGER'

ACTS 13 VS 1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

HOWEVER DURING THE TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVERY, WHITES BASTARDIZED THE WORD BECAUSE THEY COULDNT PRONOUNCE IT WELL. THEY ADDED AN EXTRA 'G' AND MADE IT 'NIGG-ER'. SO THE POINT TO MY WHOLE RANT IS TO LET YOU KNOW THE ORIGIN OF THE WORD WAS NOT EVIL. IT GOT TURNED TO EVIL WHEN THE EUROPEANS CAME INTO POWER.

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Limaoscar: 12:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
I can't believe this ignorant and silly post got two likes - are you dumb or something?? Not surprised, anyway - the average IQ of Nigerians is 69!

Do Nigerians even read at all? - some of the comments on NL are just plain silly...
Aonther deranged fellow on thwe loose.....better go take your Medication now!!!
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
What da fùck is going on here Niggaz? Well, I'm watching from the sidelines grin *Smh*
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2012
Not surprised at the outburst from Nigerians - you guys need to start reading more... There's nothing offensive about being called a Negro, it's an old school word, and most of the greatest/most erudite African Americans ever referred to themselves and other blacks as negroes.... Nigerians are late comers - when I talk, you lot ought to listen, ok?? grin

African American people of respect using negro:

- "Freedom is to come to the Negro, not as a bequest, but as a conquest." - Carter G. Woodson

- "The longer I live and the more I study the question, the more I am convinced that it is not so much the problem of what you will do with Negro, as what the Negro will do with you and your 'civilization'." - Booker T. Washington
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by eledalo: 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
You niggas are arguing about english language in here?
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
^^^Change the word "niggas" to Nigerians before these low IQ having apes pounce on you... Bwahahahahaha
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
For example, if you look at the history of black naming of the 19th century you have names like African, Afro-Saxon, Anglo-African, colored, free people of color, Negro, and each one of these self-named identities are saying something about the relationship to the larger world.

And when black people early in the 19th century stopped calling themselves African and began calling themselves Negro or colored American, it was to make claims upon citizenship. It was to say look, you want to send us back to Africa, and even though we may feel ourselves of African descent, we want to claim American-ness, claim "colored American," claim "Negro," in order to support our claims to being in this country.

http://www.pbs.org/race/000_About/002_04-background-02-05.htm

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by ayobase(m): 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hiaaa!

Thread so derailed that it can't be closed by the MODS!

Its like its really fetching Seun the 2 cents!
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by ayobase(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx: For example, if you look at the history of black naming of the 19th century you have names like African, Afro-Saxon, Anglo-African, colored, free people of color, Negro, and each one of these self-named identities are saying something about the relationship to the larger world.

And when black people early in the 19th century stopped calling themselves African and began calling themselves Negro or colored American, it was to make claims upon citizenship. It was to say look, you want to send us back to Africa, and even though we may feel ourselves of African descent, we want to claim American-ness, claim "colored American," claim "Negro," in order to support our claims to being in this country.

http://www.pbs.org/race/000_About/002_04-background-02-05.htm

There are some nicknames u love bearing years back, but now.

Change is constant.

The word negro is now offensive, and u also know that u can be beaten to comma if......

U were correct though, also were others, but.......!

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by eledalo: 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx: ^^^Change the word "niggas" to Nigerians before these low IQ having apes pounce on you... Bwahahahahaha

Shut the f+ck up foo/ and quit derailing the thread
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by pitex: 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
[quote author=Toaskarity]

its soo shamefull you are the only one using this nNegroes evrywhere on nl internet that can be searched and how funny you claim you live in england. Atimes i wonder if you really understand what it means and how country like america and co are trying hard to get ride of the word. you may be using it wit the thought dat u re right jst because you re black! thats not true there are people who really pass thru it and some of them still alive. Respect them!! even most site dont let ppl use it! if this was yahoo and you use it, you will have so much thumbs down that the word will be hidden! it shows you shld never use it no matter what! same thing with kkk etc. i know this is long and out of topic but i have seen you use that word many times here, a word you never pass thru neigther do ur great grand father!! if you are so angry or mad about nigeria, yoi can put ur finger on the keyboard and type monkeys or illitrates etc i promise u its more annoying though thats only what weak ppl like u can offer the country.

Nice one. But wht doz kkk stand 4. Cuz peeps use kk most time while chatting. Is there any diff. B/w kkk nd kk?
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
ayobase:
There are some nicknames u love bearing years back, but now.

Change is constant.

The word negro is now offensive, and u also know that u can be beaten to comma if......

U were correct though, also were others, but.......!

The interesting thing about the word is that those who clamoured for the disuse of the word are Afrocentric AAs who most Nigerians hate with a passion - and the reason for the change was to have a unique name that would connect them to the continent...

That being said, there's nothing wrong with the name - it's just like being called black... Some AAs who don't want any connection with Africa still refer to themselves as Negroes.... Royal calls himself a negro on here all the time...

Why would I beaten to a coma for saying "Negro" when I say "Ni.gger" all the time and joke around with the word?? I'm a black man and I'll say negro from now till eternity...
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2012
Eating from the same plate symbolizes BROTHERHOOD...

What went wrong? sad
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2012
I have created a topic for it: https://www.nairaland.com/1093225/whats-offensive-word-negro

Let's debate the use of the word "Negro" there - I'll like to give you lot a/an history/intellectual smacking on there... grin

Stop derailing the thread! cool cool
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by ejiyke2007(m): 3:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
modicum: Has Chinua Achebe seen this picture?

(ON ABURI WE STAND)THIS LINE OF REASONING IS NOT NEW,IT IS THE VIDEO OF ABURI ACCORD WHERE OJUKWU AND GOWON REACHED AN AGREEMENT FOR CONFEDERATION SYSTEM OF NIGERIAN AND THE VIDEO IS ON YOUTUBE,MR SHORTSIGHTED,NARROW-MININDED PERSON LIKE YOU,WHAT DOES THIS HAS TO DO WITH WHAT RENOWN PROF CHINUA ACHEBE NARRACTED IN HIS NEW BOOK.WHOEVER THAT POSTED THIS PICTURE TO MISLEAD PEOPLE HE/SHE MUST BE GIVEN CAPITAL PUNISHEDMENT BY HANGING, CODE NAME OPERATION CUT THE NECK.........................MONKEY GO AND LEARN BEFORE YOU CAN POST RUBISH HERE
BECAREFUL
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
Let's put this negro thing to rest. Let's ask wikipedia.
Negro
This article is about the historic term. For an overview of the subject, see Black people. For other uses, see Negro (disambiguation).
The word “Negro” is used in the English-speaking world to refer to a person of black ancestry or appearance. The word negro denotes 'black' in the Spanish and Portuguese speaking vocabulary, or from the ancient Latin, niger, 'black', probably from a Proto-Indo-European root *nekw-, 'to be dark', akin to *nokw- 'night'.[1][2]

"Negro" superseded "colored" as the most polite terminology, at a time when "black" was more offensive.[3] This usage was accepted as normal, even by people classified as Negroes
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
kayjegs:

Wow! Some people think they know something o. Mr Shymexx...please whenever you are in America or in an Afro-American neighbourhood, use the word "NEGRO" and you will understand better from the response you get. It is either you are beaten black and blue or something. Before I say jack, you may refer this comment of mine as an insult, but it is not. It is just a fact. That word is not being used anymore and do you know that Afro-American or African American is now being used in place of Black American. So please, let it just be within this thread or nairaland and even try to adjust so as not to use such words again. Sincerely....
Which part of the hood are u talking about sir, that can only happen when a white man strolls into queens and screams negros!
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
ARES: Let's put this negro thing to rest. Let's ask wikipedia.
Negro
This article is about the historic term. For an overview of the subject, see Black people. For other uses, see Negro (disambiguation).
The word “Negro” is used in the English-speaking world to refer to a person of black ancestry or appearance. The word negro denotes 'black' in the Spanish and Portuguese speaking vocabulary, or from the ancient Latin, niger, 'black', probably from a Proto-Indo-European root *nekw-, 'to be dark', akin to *nokw- 'night'.[1][2]

"Negro" superseded "colored" as the most polite terminology, at a time when "black" was more offensive.[3] This usage was accepted as normal, even by people classified as Negroes

Brother don't bother with these people - arguing with them is like arguing with a table, that's how their thought process is... Most of them are the CNN generation who just spew nonsense...

The same clowns would come here tomorrow and label Afrocentric AAs who described the word as offensive and a way to deny them a connection to Africa as black supremacists or racists... They are hypocrites!!

Negro is just a word, there's nothing offensive about it... - However, ni.gger(a different word) is deemed offensive because of the stigma attached to the way it was used during slavery e.g the ni.gger chants during lynching etc...
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by juman(m): 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
Those that are beating their chests has the heroes of the civil war are the same useless people destroying nigeria. Nonsense.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
obadiah777:

SEE AS DEM FINISH MY MAN SHYMMEX FOR THIS THREAD. ANYWAY I DIGRESS. BRAH ? YOU ARE WRONG AND EVERYTHING YOU WROTE UP THERE IS RUBBISH. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT CIVILIZATION PRE-DATES THE WHITE MANS DOMINANCE ON EARTH. BEFORE THE WHITE MAN TOOK OVER, THE PEOPLE AROUND ACTUALLY SPOKE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES. WHICH BRINGS ME TO WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT HOW THE WORD 'NIGER' CAME INTO BEING. THE WORD 'NIGER' PREDATES ANY WHITE CIVILIZATION AND WAS USED TO AFFECTIONATELY REFER TO DARK SKINNED BLACK PEOPLE. ONE OF THE SAINTS WHO WAS WITH PAUL IN THE BIBLE WAS AFFECTIONATELY REFERED TO AS 'NIGER'

ACTS 13 VS 1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

HOWEVER DURING THE TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVERY, WHITES BASTARDIZED THE WORD BECAUSE THEY COULDNT PRONOUNCE IT WELL. THEY ADDED AN EXTRA 'G' AND MADE IT 'NIGG-ER'. SO THE POINT TO MY WHOLE RANT IS TO LET YOU KNOW THE ORIGIN OF THE WORD WAS NOT EVIL. IT GOT TURNED TO EVIL WHEN THE EUROPEANS CAME INTO POWER.

i think we still in same game bro. what behind it is why some site will even block it if you use it. nobody here doesnt know its use to refer to black, simple google will explain that to you. lemme tell you even in nigeria word like "aboki" means friend but call an igbo man aboki and see what happens what about a midddle belt or even some rich hausa ppl. Tho it all depends on how u use it. Negroe wrongly intepreted in centuries back, some little novel read those days in nigeria like" BLACK BOY" will explain a lot about it! It still doesnt mean we shldnt use it but what is our motive for using it! for goodness sake this are our brothers sold by our ancestors that really pass thru NEGRO LIFE, give them some good dame respect if they dont want it! go to asians site they use it for insult! same thing with arabs, europeans even east africans that aint black etc now even the ppl that sold them also use it to mock each other! its so shameful of someone who claims he lives in poor neighbourhood in a country like england where blacks have seen alot
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by pitex: 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
[quote author=shymexx]

Brother don't bother with these people - arguing with them is like arguing with a table, that's how their thought process is... Most of them are the CNN generation who just spew nonsense...

The same clowns would come here tomorrow and label Afrocentric AAs who described the word as offensive and a way to deny them a connection to Africa as black supremacists or racists... They are hypocrites!!

Negro is just a word, there's nothing offensive about it... - However, ni.gger(a different word) is deemed offensive because of the stigma attached to the way it was used during slavery e.g the ni.gger chants during lynching etc...

Bro...u may tin u got it rit. That word was used in doz days. Presently, blacks in d west sees it as offensive word. Because of dt there has been a restriction in d use of d word cuz is be termed wit racism.

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by UdekeJ(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
what was that suppose to mean? On what context was that picture taken?
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Yewe2011(m): 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
ojukwu looks like he's waiting for gowon to swallow first (which is smart) lol
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
@patex.
Nice one. But wht doz kkk stand 4. Cuz peeps use kk most time while chatting. Is there any diff. B/w kkk nd kk?

kkk are white organization that believe in white superiority, that white shld not have anything to do with jews&blacks etc.. they are terrorist, murderers and evil. they kill mostly black americans during their era. some still believe they still exist now but cant do nothing because of how strong americans law are! yes nigerians atimes use that word even in my secondary school, this guy has it as his nickname but remember most of us know nothing about it likewise some nigerians that use it. i believe as time goes and nigeria get soo used to google and youtube, this are things they re yet to know about and stop using it inthe society. this links can help
http://answers.ask.com/Society/History/what_is_the_meaning_of_ku_klux_klan

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by phreakabit(m): 7:55pm On Nov 04, 2012

I know you thought up this thread, but. . . . Have used your brain today? What does the question about Achebe have to do with this picture? You said it YOURSELF : "Gowon And Ojukwu before Things Fell Apart Between Them)".

Smh.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Classicalman(m): 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx: Toaska-dummy

Let me break it down for you:

Negro - Negroid - Black Person....

Go back to elementary school and take those liking your comment with you on your way there...

We need to salvage the borderline retar.d like IQ of Nigerians! grin
I've warned NLers severally to ignore Shymmex and his unguarded tantrums. The guy is simply an frustrated illegal U.K immigrant who because of failure to get his papers, tends to vent his failure and frustrations online. Ignore the olodo.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 05, 2012
[quote author=Ikwere fist son][/quote]
are u serious?
hmmm.... I'm getting really informed here

Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days / Plane Bombing Allegation: Buhari Can’t Descend To Wike’s Level / Why Presidency Arms Probe Was Disbanded — Vanguard

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91