Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them (17394 Views)

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / Jega Should Relocate To The South East/south South Before Things Go Awry! / Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 05, 2012
[quote author=kingoflag]

I disagree with u Mr. Kingoflag. He makes sense 2 me. I presume u'r a Yoruba man.
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by davinchi(m): 12:03am On Nov 06, 2012
Ikwere fist son: davinci b4 u guys stat insulting d guy u fist fnd out wat hapnd.d guy made a clasificatn frm an active statement on quote, negroids re bla bla bla.d nija guy reactd by insultng hm on y he shuld be using dat word.nw is it nt derogatory dat a man old enuf 2 contribute in ds forum dnt knw d meang of nigga nd negroids.as in d difrence.pepl lyk hm gve rum 4 odar con3 2 insult our intelectual capacity.instead of una 2 shout 4our broda say hm fall our hand una dy dy return fire.na wa o

My annoyance with the unfortunate Nigerian Londoner is that he doesn't want to learn.He still lives in the days when he was taught the different races to be Negroid, Caucasians,Mongoloids etc.Someone even told him how those words originated and even told him to research on it history but he adamantly refused and still feels he knows it all by quoting the advance learner's dictionary meaning of 620BC,because according to him,he lives in "LONDON"[i][/i]
Re: Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them by Afroconnect: 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
nyabingi: Ojukwu did not just come back from Ghana after the Aburi accord and then declared for Biafra, there was an agreement in Ghana and Gowon after returning to Nigeria refused to meet his own part of the agreement. the same confederated state is what a lot of politicians irrespective of tribes and regions are clamoring for today...the clamor for a sovereign national conference and true federalism points to this assertions!!
Ojukwu was a high Man,he probably was high on drugs when he declared war,his illusions gave him the assurance that he will triumph.
He openely boasted that the Nigerian forces will be surprised,well its either he miscalculated the resolve of the Nigerian state or simply was too egotistical to back down or probably just a rich,high spoilt kid.

Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days / Governor Obaseki Inspects Armoured Personnel Carrier / Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner