Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

What Has Marriage Taught You? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Has Marriage Taught You? (9858 Views)

What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism / Has Marriage Been Made Marriage So Undesirable? / Has Marriage Counseling Made Any Difference To Your Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by Mrsmansson(f): 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
If not for my husband's unending love and patience am not sure marriage would have taught me anything.am no longer self centered or proud,am open,no more secrets.marriage has made me work on my anger,also made me realize i cant just change a grown adult within hours.when i was single i was a bad spender but now ...,still working on that anyway.it has made me cherish my friends,loved ones.its endless
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by mkoabiola: 12:08am On Nov 05, 2012
Marriage ! Marriage !! Marriage !!!
It not easy as ppu think.
Bt am impress wit people's comments.
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by eremy: 8:05am On Nov 05, 2012
The comments here are really practical and enlightening. A good marriage improves our godliness.
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by ayabunmi(f): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2012
Marriage has taught me the truth about people; NO ONE IS PERFECT. You have to compliment your partner.
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 05, 2012
I have learnt to not have a spouse in the first place so that there will be no reason to want to change them in future. Marriage is an outdated institution, there is nothing that you want in a marriage bed that you can not get outside the marriage bed, infact in better more profuse quantities and qualities. My advise to any young man out there, is never to get married, it is overrated and when people are forcing you to get married or to settle down, they are merely looking for partners in misery, its not worth it!
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by herostarlingy: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2012
...It has taught me not to take my wife for granted!!
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by drnoel: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
[size=28pt]patience, listen often and understanding[/size]
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by mkoabiola: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2012
Gogobiri Lalas: I have learnt to not have a spouse in the first place so that there will be no reason to want to change them in future. Marriage is an outdated institution, there is nothing that you want in a marriage bed that you can not get outside the marriage bed, infact in better more profuse quantities and qualities. My advise to any young man out there, is never to get married, it is overrated and when people are forcing you to get married or to settle down, they are merely looking for partners in misery, its not worth it!
Are u married?
Bt hw does it sound if a young man is not married @d appropriate age
What are ur reasons for saying all ds?
Share so we can learn frm u,wat are u passing tru?
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by Sagamite(m): 8:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
mko abiola:
Are u married?
Bt hw does it sound if a young man is not married @d appropriate age
What are ur reasons for saying all ds?
Share so we can learn frm u,wat are u passing tru?

What is the appropriate age?

And how does it sound to you if one is not married at that age?

And why does it sound like it sounds to you?
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2012
Sagamite:

What is the appropriate age?

And how does it sound to you if one is not married at that age?

And why does it sound like it sounds to you?

ROFLOL.

grin grin grin

OH gawd! I wan go sleep jor. tongue
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by Nekai(f): 2:28am On Nov 06, 2012
I love this thread. Nothing to contribute yet, just learning a whole lot from the wise folks here.

Mrs. Chaircover, your post connected with me because I have been a "grude holder" in the past. In a serious relationship it doesn't help me to hold on to minor slights and disappointments, especially since I am guilty of these offenses as well.

"I also learnt the hard way that you could start off being right in an argument but if care is not taken you could end up being the offender. I learnt that not all questions have answers and I learnt that not all things follow logic.
I also learnt that not all battles are worth fighting and the word Sorry is one of the most important words in my vocab.

Yes, I've been guilty of this, holding on to logic and being right, and in the process being offensive unintentionally.

The Sorry word is so powerful, many times I really long to hear it instead of a long defensive rant. Funny enough he has made me realize that I also get defensive when he just wants to hear sorry.

1 Like

Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by tpia5: 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
Gogobiri Lalas: I have learnt to not have a spouse in the first place so that there will be no reason to want to change them in future. Marriage is an outdated institution, there is nothing that you want in a marriage bed that you can not get outside the marriage bed, infact in better more profuse quantities and qualities. My advise to any young man out there, is never to get married, it is overrated and when people are forcing you to get married or to settle down, they are merely looking for partners in misery, its not worth it!

well, a lot of people (particularly males) do feel this way.
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by tpia5: 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
the question should also be posed: what your marriage taught you, so those who are not in a marriage can share what they learnt [not meant to be a diatribe plz].
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by Kanwulia: 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
ALWAYS TO HAVE A MARRIED, WEALTHY BOYFRIEND ON THE SIDE TO EASE MY SORROWS! kiss
Marriage would have sucked big time! kiss
Now, I yammu h-enjoying the VERY BEST OF ALL WORLDS! cool
Re: What Has Marriage Taught You? by ifyalways(f): 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
I've learnt that like a gambler, the action is ON me. I know when to deal,lowball, back in and park up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Parents Let's Discuss; What Are Your Experiences In Child Training / How Do You Stop Breast Milk Production? / My Father In Law Slept With My Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.