Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129384 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sesal: 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
sooper rescue: Yes, we have 2 outlets in Benin. 2003 Highlander requires Typ T-1V and we have it there. You will require 5 litres and they will clean the sump and wash the filter. On the oil to use, there are many suitable oils in the market but nowadays, we have decided to let motorists use the oil recommended for their vehicles and in the long run, it is cheaper and more beneficial. When you use 5W20 or 5W30 oil which happens to be synthetic oil, there is high tendency of smoother engine performance and longer service interval. When you use the conventional oil, it breaks down faster and therefore you will be obliged to change the oil every 3 months while the synthetic oil according to my research is ideal for 6 months or 6000mls whichever comes first. For some weeks now, I have been experimenting with OANDO synthetic which is not yet sold publicly and on sunday I used it on my car and then travelled with the car. My engine is very quiet and working very well. It is a great delight and I have been recommending it to all our clients without using it. I was using TOTAL 4x4 but since Sunday, my Range Rover Sport has been thanking me with a better performance ever since. Though the oil is not currently in Benin, use anyone that fulfills the requirement of your highlander or we can send some to you so that by the time you are changing the oil in 6 months, OANDO would have started selling the oil in gallons so that you can continue with the tradition of a new synthetic oil.
Elcid, can you please scan the car and let me have the codes. That way, we can help you solve it. There is a pathfinder that is currently being fixed in the workshop. Same issue and after all troubleshooting, we just bought a another gear box. I wont suggest that now until the scan report is out.

thank you for the detail information. where are the 2 outlets in benin?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by raphaela: 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hyundai SP-III ATF. 8.2 quarts please is this dextron III
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by kenzspunpy(m): 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hi Sooper, I need to change the transmission oil of my 1995 Audi A4( 4 cylinders) which oil can I use? A motor mech said I should use Dexron 6, another said Mobil. Pls advise properly. Thanks!
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Yommex15(m): 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thanks op for such insightful thread, i'll like to know the best ATF spec for hinda crv 2009.

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ajidemide: 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
which transmission oil can be use for passat 2.0 2000 model automatic? Also,if the RPM of a car increases to 30-40 while on 60-80km/hr what can be the cause? considering the fact that the car jerk when changing 4rm gear 1 to gear 2
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
Our Outlets in Benin are at Iyaro and Km6. Oando Service Stations.
Honda CRV requires ATFZ1 and our Pureguard synthetic transmission is very suitable for it.
For your Audi A4, you can use the Dexron 6 but it has to be Global Synthetic Dexron 6 as that is the only one that can cater for your car. I was there when you called the Mechanic. It is the same oil he was recommending to you.
SP111 is not the same as Dexron 111. It is higher than Dexron 111 and our multi vehicle synthetic transmission fluid is perfect for your car.
For your Toyota Corolla, if it is not typ T-IV then it must be WS which is the latest fluid from Toyota. It is called WORLD STANDARD and it is compatible with our GLOBAL STANDARD. We have it in our outlets.
For your Honda, use OANDO Dexron 111. 111D is very different from 111. 111D is for cars that dont have electronics gear boxes while Dexron 111 is for many cars with electronic transmissions.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
Passat requires TL52162, G052 990, VW G-053 025-A2, VW G-053 162-A1, and our multi purpose ATF is very suitable. If your transmission jerks from 1 to 2, then check the gear brain box or Transmission Control Unit and replace it. Then you can drain the oil and use the synthetic fluid that we sell. But first thing first, Is there sludge in the engine? Passat does not tolerate our fuel so the first symptom is gear issues. Same thing with Audi. Sludge is a tell tale sign that the engine is under extreme severe pressure and it will become sluggish and then the transmission will pack up.
That is VW for you. The fuel is killing these cars and we can only wait for 2016 when Dangote start production of unleaded premium fuel. Till then....

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by kenx1(m): 5:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
i drive a 2005 toyota camry i was advised to make use of VALVOLINE DEX-MERC ATF
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
Type T-1V. Check the specs of valvoline if it covers the oil. That Valvoline is Dex 111. The other one you can use is the maxi life
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by musachara: 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by segeb1980: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
hi , have a nissan armada , pls advice if i am supposed to use J maitc fluid for the transmission and quantity required and price ?

thank you
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by greggng: 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
May God bless you for ur timely info on transmittion oil. My car is camry 2000 xle v6 . I bought it 4 years ago with millage 121k right now is 129k. I always service with mobile hxp oil. My mechanic checked my transmition fluid and says is ok. Now can you pls tell me the best transmition fluid best for my model of car? My car do show trac off and check engine light but when I was scanned I was told is catylist converter that was removed. Does this have effect on my engine?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Guddy(m): 7:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Which ATF is best for 1999 C180 or C200?

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by keside(m): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
Please bro, what of engine oil type for different cars?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by genkins(m): 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
Pls sir, I nid ur advise..I drive a 2003 Honda v6 ..thru Google offcourse I know it requires Z1 but the one I see on Google is in a green container but d ones here are in white..pls r these okay? I used dem but no improvement.the car jerks at gear change and attime's transmission fails totally with me revving to nothin..I'll have to off and restart again for it to b okay.my car again does not produce good torque ie surge as a v6..pls advise
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bransye: 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
Do you need a realiable investment that is reliable and one that will give you peace of mind? check .. m c d a v e i n
ve s t (dot) c o m
fufill your dreams
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
The reason we promote our Pureguard is because of the unreliability of the fluids in the market. I will advise that you flush the oil and use Pureguard. Where is the vehicle and have you scanned the car? Let me have the scan report.
There are two types of Oil, conventional and synthetic. Those that uses the conventional oil must perform oil change interval every 3 months while the synthetic oil gives you peace of mind for every 6 months. The new OANDO synthetic is the new kid on the block. The best at the moment. It will even revive a dead engine. But before changing the oil, ensure that there is no sludge in your engine. Many vehicles requires 5W20, 5W30. I suggest you follow the recommended oil which means the manufacturer want you to use synthetic oil.
The ATf for a 1999 Mercedes benz C class is Dexron 111 and Oando and MRS sells them. You are advised to buy from their outlets.
For your Camry, it requires Dexron 11 or 111 and both are Mobil ATF which is Dexron 11e and Oando or MRS which is Dexron 111. I will advise you use the Dexron 111 as it has superior additives that makes your tranny to perform well. On the converter, extra noise and poor fuel economy is what you will get. your Nissan Armada will require 7-8 litres of our ATF which is very suitable for your car. For the price, you need to send us an email ...nigeriaarc@yahoo.com
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by VICTOFX(m): 10:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
gud job bro.pls i use a premera 2.0 what is d best ATF 4 it?

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by iretiland: 12:38am On Nov 07, 2013
Please Bros:

1) What's the best oil for 2007 Lexus RX 350?
2) How soon should the oil be changed for best performance?
3) What's the best tire for it on Nigeria roads?

thanks, IrL.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by johnwell(m): 6:46am On Nov 07, 2013
Good morning,
- please how many liters should I buy for the 2004 mitsubishi diamente?
- how much will it cost?
- how can i check sludge?
- what brand & qty of engine flush should I buy?
- do you have a branch in akwa ibom state?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ceasare: 7:21am On Nov 07, 2013
@sooper rescue: thanks 4d enlightenment.i use a 1993 mitsubishi sigma 3.0L V6 Auto transmission pls is dexron 3 from oando recommended as the last time i ask d mechanic to do d atf oil change he used d abro atf in white plastic since then when i shift d gear to reverse d car jerks and when am decelerating on motion it jerks too whilst shifting gears,d mechanic said it was a bad engine mount which i ve changed and d problem is still there.pls help out what could ve been d problem as all these started after d gear oil change.can i also use d oando SM synthethic oil for d engine when am servicing it nxt? Aside the jerking of the gear during transmission shift d car runs smoothly.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:19am On Nov 07, 2013
For your Mitsubishi, yes. Oando Dexron 111 will work well. Just drain the oil and let them bring down the sump so that they can clean the sump and the magnet inside. When next you are servicing the car, check first if there is sludge in the engine and if there is sludge, I advise that you use Engine flush to flush the car before using the OANDO Sm. Oando Sm is not synthetic oil, the synthetic oil is being sold in selected outlets before they roll out in gallons. It is designed to feel the pulse of the discerning motorists and very soon, it will be packaged in gallons for every one to buy Nationwide Change the ATF as soon as possible to prevent further damage. Where is your location?
Your Lexus Rx 350 uses WS and though Toyota claims that it is oil for life, I totally disagree with it. Range Rover Sport also claim that the oil is for the life of the jeep but on mine, I have been changing it for the past three years at every 15000 miles and I dont have any issue with my transmission. I suggest you do the same. On the tyres on your car, all vehicles that comes into Nigeria comes with reduced speed rating because the tyres are all season tyres. Americans dont have money to buy 2 complete set of tyres for both winter and summer and so they created all season tyres to help them in both seasons. In Switzerland, you cannot use all season tyres there or your vehicle will not pass inspection. From November to May, it is strictly winter tyres and from May to October, Summer tyres. And because you cannot go above certain speeds in winter, all season tyres are limited too in summer and these are the tyres that comes with our imported cars into the country. Having said that, it would be suicidal for anyone to use those tyres in Nigeria. If you go and check your Lexus right now, you will discover that your tyre has an S or T speed index which limits you to 180km per hour which in reality limits you to 130-140km per hour and in some cars so equipped, once you cross that mark, the car will go off in the middle of the highway. After some minutes, you start the car and you continue your journey being mindful never to get close to the former speed. Most of the time, a tyre will pop out and only God will save the owner of the car. For your Lexus, use for example, 255/50/18/103V or W or Y. Those VWY are the key to a Nigerian road tyre. These are also traction A and Temperature A . Any brand that has these specifications is the best tyre for your car. Even if it is made in Afghanistan, as long as it has those specifications, it is the best.
For the Primera, Oando Dexron 111 will do but to be on the safe side, let me know the year of the car.
We will soon be in Uyo in the first quarter of next year . the engine flush has many brands but dont use Abro engine flush.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sundyke107: 10:06am On Nov 07, 2013
Hi thanx for these great advise. Please which engine oil will i use for my 1998 Honda Crv? I have been using Mobil1. Then for the gear oil which do you advise?

I await your advise.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by VICTOFX(m): 11:58am On Nov 07, 2013
i WISH I KNEW, HOW CAN I CHECK?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
Continue using Mobil 1 as long as there is no sludge. For your transmission, use ATFZ1.
Concerning the Primera, if it is less than 2002, then Oando Dexron 111 will work fine. Check the seat belt or the chassis number. You can text the chassis number to me then I will be able to tell you the year.

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by seunmide: 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2013
what is the right transmission fluid for toyota avalon 2005 and engine oil too
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
For Toyota Avalon, typ T1V or WS depending on the market from where the car was imported from. Engine oil requirement is 5w20 or 5w30 and I will advise you to use Oando syn but if it is not available, use TOTAL q9000. We have both the ATF and the Oando Syn in some of our outlets especially in Lagos and Abuja.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by seunmide: 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
thank you
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Burger01(m): 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
sooper rescue: Mercon V is suitable for Mazda tribute. It is the same transmission fluid requirement with Ford Escape. The engine oil listed on top of the oil cover. Like I just told a client who is also a nairalander, using 0w40 like mobil 1 is not necessary. 5w40, which is TOTAL, OANDO, Forte. But my recent experience with OANDO syn is making me excited about the lubricant. I suggest you try it too.

Thanks a lot. I ma give it a try. Though I been using Total Classic and recently changed to Total Quartz. Not been having any form of problem while using Total Classic but I noticed a significant drop in fuel consumption when i changed to Total Quartz.

As for Transmission fluid I use Holts which is Dextron 111 compliant, but do you have Mercon V or any other alternative trans oil for my tribute?

Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by yemmyeni1999: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
I have a Mercedes Benz C-Class, 1996 Model. What is the type of transmission fluid and engine oil it needs to make it more functional and effective. Presently, I don't have problems with its transmission, but to be on the safe side when I'll need to change both engine oil and transmission fluid. Moreover, do you have an outlet in Oyo or Ibadan? Thanks. Revd. Ayeni, Oyo

How much is ATFZ1 or Dexton 111 please I need a urgent reply[/quote]
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Burger01(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
greggng: May God bless you for ur timely info on transmittion oil. My car is camry 2000 xle v6 . I bought it 4 years ago with millage 121k right now is 129k. I always service with mobile hxp oil. My mechanic checked my transmition fluid and says is ok. Now can you pls tell me the best transmition fluid best for my model of car? My car do show trac off and check engine light but when I was scanned I was told is catylist converter that was removed. Does this have effect on my engine?

Uncle, you no dey drive your car at all. Four years and just only 8k mileage! I guess you have other good cars supporting the Camry.

Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Dealer Plate Numbers Are Available / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.