Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? (14370 Views)

My Parents Threatened To Bring Me Back To Nigeria For Bad Behaviour / Do Mothers-In-law Have A Say In Wedding Preparation? / How To Make Your Wife Understand That U Are So Bitter About Her Bad Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
Because of the reasoning that it's solely the mother's responsibility to raise a child, we have so many psychopathic youths in Nigerian society.

Even the villagers who are supposed to help raise a child are getting more judgmental and less supporting, more individualistic and less collective.

So if the mother is solely expected to raise a child, how will she accomplish that when she's also expected to take on the role of various archetypes in her home and community?

There's only so much that one person can do.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
I feel sorry for my husband if he reasons like these Nigerians on NL.

That man will suffer no be small.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by vanstanzy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
Gee001: Truely Nigerian mentality as sumone rightly said. D mothers take all d blames wen tins go awry in d family especially wen it comes 2 d children while d fathers take all d praises wen d children do well in life.

Is this ur opinion on this matter? Damn!
Ladies should stop thinking they have no responsibility as married women, period! PRIMARILY, a woman transforms a house, into a home. Hope u get ma drift?
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Agbenyiess(m): 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
The woman provides emotional need for the family while the father (Besides financial responsibility) must be there to provide the authority the family needs. In a situation where any one of this is lacking, there is bound to be misbehaviour from the child/ren. If u, as a man explains away your duty in the name of trying to provide for the home, you will have to live to contend with rebellious children in the future.
And there are some fathers that are around and not available, this too can cause problem for the child. The worst thing that can happen to any child is to be mentored by his/her pairs or wicked nanny.
I am telling you this from experience. No matter how busy we may be, we must create time and make a conscious effort (whether mother or father) to be there for our children and play our role(s). And not wait to blam the woman… women must not pay for the irresponsibility of the men.
To properly understand what i am talking about, google the consequence of single parenting and let us know your findings.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
Because of the mothers love
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by olly4life: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hey dude, its not a nigeria mentality as U̶̲̥̅̊ claim. Mothers, Women, wives play important role in any one's life. All these categories of female have great influence on d human being, no wonder she was able to give Adam apple sharp sharp. Its dere charge to b responsible in term of upbringing 4 d household. God help U̶̲̥̅̊ afrikans.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by ciphoenix: 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
Blaming the Mothers for whatever bad outcome, thats Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
I feel sorry for my husband if he reasons like these Nigerians on NL.

That man will suffer no be small.
LMAO!! grin grin
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by RKVINTLTD: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hello Nairalanders !

I salute your ideas to the contribution because every one idea is important consideration on this matter.

May I tell you that A child is owned by persons (Father & Mother), without the 2 one can not hold. Once a Child is born, the responsibility and upkeep becomes the liability of both parents.

Considering the issue on ground;

It is only the man that is working, the woman is not working, the woman is always at home She knows the behaviour of the children more than the father. She surppose to have been informing the Father about the behaviour of the children right from their early age as they grow for the father to intervene.

No matter how, The father also hold it a point of duty on at least once a week to monitor and examine the attitude of the children. The children would have been caught unaware by their father if he actually monitors the children under his care. After all Father is the head of the home.

Many spoilt children today are as a result from break in marriage, Father's negligence, improper monitoring of children, idleness of the children, mix with pears and social interractions which depends in where the child lives.

The environment a Child lives have a great influence on his behaviour since behaviour is a learned attitude from the society. Exposition to bad attitude is a common thing in our society today, take for instance; children living their both parents' home to watch Football Championship leage outside their home, the children mixed up with bad boys smoking indian hemp and Gambling.

Finally, I will say both the Man and Woman are responsible for the misfortune of their wards or children. Shifting blame now is not the issue. 'Whose parents are these children ?' or 'From which Family are children from ?'

We parents need to take proper care of our children jointly and monitor / control their behaviour. This is our duty as Parents, nobody is going to do it for us. Any problem created by one family becomes a cluster of societal problem which we are facing in Nigeria today.

Everybody want to be rich at all cost without even working hard. No one is ready to go back to Farm, No one is ready to go through the pains of getting the knowledge required to become a professional or an inventor.

How to get rich quick is the attitude of youth of today. Few youth can only be found reading at home today or going to the Library, except those preparing for exams, which surpose not to be so. Children should be able to read through their notes about what they were tought in school on daily basis.

Our Government as well need a lot to do, to provide Library facilities in all schools and make is compulsory for students to read after school hours before they go home.

Probably Student could the grouped to study on schedule in the Library and closely monitored by Chief Librarian who schedule time since the Library may not contain them at a time.

Public Library need to be sponsored by Fedral Government well enough if they want a children of High value in life and to the society.

Both parents are responsible for the falt or misconduct of their children. The chidren that committed an offence before the age of 18yrs are taken to Infantory court or Infantory Tribunal because they are still not ripe enough to be judged by the Law of the land, therefore their parents are to be blamed for their misconducts.

Thanks.
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by linearity: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
The twist to that narrative is that fathers most of the time, take the credit if their kids behave well or succeeds....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
It's primarily their duty, and they are the ones that know the real father of that child grin
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by idowuswap: 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2012
Igbos can not take care of thier children na who go con teach them maybe govt.just bcus of money they full everywhere like flies on top shit.committing atrocities,i think agbarry ojukwu ran like fowl when jungle mature.shiiiiiiitttttttt
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by solbil: 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
i can feel an anti man sentiment going on in here. Op, are you trying to deny that mothers are the ones who spend more time with the kids? I know the fathers should be visible. But i am sure that you are not going to deny, despite you strong anti man feeling, that no matter the case, on the average, children are more drawn to their mothers than their fathers?

As for those who are quick to say "typical nigerian mentality" well, i think you all are just a bunch of xenocentric people who by chance have found yourselves abroad and now think anything nigeria is inferior! You have become so blinded by your xenocentrism that your intellectual development have been seriously affected! How else can we explain your inability to suspect the simple obvious? That by nature , children are more attached to their mothers than they are to their fathers. And the one who is closer, has more influence.

No! The "patriachal society" did not shape it this way. We have this, becos nature has made children to be drawn more to their mothers. So if you are angry, direct your anger against nature. Not men.
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by lumeneng22: 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
The mother carry the pregnacy for nine months and during this time she must observe the dos and donts of pregnancy especially taking möney from the husband's purse or pocket. After birth, mother friendly begins till after a year or so. Then kindergarten, nursery/primary school all this while the child is closer to the mother while the father is always going and coming just to provide for all these to be possible(foundation).Take them to church or mosque etc whichever one you believe.In short they are closer to the mother than father.
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by solbil: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
Tunjman: I can only answer the question if the op can tell me why the child's first language is called mother's tongue and not father's tongue
co-sign on that one.
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by ciphoenix: 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
solbil: i can feel an anti man sentiment going on in here. Op, are you trying to deny that mothers are the ones who spend more time with the kids? I know the fathers should be visible. But i am sure that you are not going to deny, despite you strong anti man feeling, that no matter the case, on the average, children are more drawn to their mothers than their fathers?

As for those who are quick to say "typical nigerian mentality" well, i think you all are just a bunch of xenocentric people who by chance have found yourselves abroad and now think anything nigeria is inferior! You have become so blinded by your xenocentrism that your intellectual development have been seriously affected! How else can we explain your inability to suspect the simple obvious? That by nature , children are more attached to their mothers than they are to their fathers. And the one who is closer, has more influence.

No! The "patriachal society" did not shape it this way. We have this, becos nature has made children to be drawn more to their mothers. So if you are angry, direct your anger against nature. Not men.
when it comes to teenagers, the pattern changes. Its no longer "children are more attached to their mothers". True, mothers spend more time with "children", that doesn't justify blaming them when the children turn out badly

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by vanstanzy(m): 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
RKVINTLTD: Hello Nairalanders !

I salute your ideas to the contribution because every one idea is important consideration on this matter.

May I tell you that A child is owned by persons (Father & Mother), without the 2 one can not hold. Once a Child is born, the responsibility and upkeep becomes the liability of both parents.

Considering the issue on ground;

It is only the man that is working, the woman is not working, the woman is always at home She knows the behaviour of the children more than the father. She surppose to have been informing the Father about the behaviour of the children right from their early age as they grow for the father to intervene.

No matter how, The father also hold it a point of duty on at least once a week to monitor and examine the attitude of the children. The children would have been caught unaware by their father if he actually monitors the children under his care. After all Father is the head of the home.

Many spoilt children today are as a result from break in marriage, Father's negligence, improper monitoring of children, idleness of the children, mix with pears and social interractions which depends in where the child lives.

The environment a Child lives have a great influence on his behaviour since behaviour is a learned attitude from the society. Exposition to bad attitude is a common thing in our society today, take for instance; children living their both parents' home to watch Football Championship leage outside their home, the children mixed up with bad boys smoking indian hemp and Gambling.

Finally, I will say both the Man and Woman are responsible for the misfortune of their wards or children. Shifting blame now is not the issue. 'Whose parents are these children ?' or 'From which Family are children from ?'

We parents need to take proper care of our children jointly and monitor / control their behaviour. This is our duty as Parents, nobody is going to do it for us. Any problem created by one family becomes a cluster of societal problem which we are facing in Nigeria today.

Everybody want to be rich at all cost without even working hard. No one is ready to go back to Farm, No one is ready to go through the pains of getting the knowledge required to become a professional or an inventor.

How to get rich quick is the attitude of youth of today. Few youth can only be found reading at home today or going to the Library, except those preparing for exams, which surpose not to be so. Children should be able to read through their notes about what they were tought in school on daily basis.

Our Government as well need a lot to do, to provide Library facilities in all schools and make is compulsory for students to read after school hours before they go home.

Probably Student could the grouped to study on schedule in the Library and closely monitored by Chief Librarian who schedule time since the Library may not contain them at a time.

Public Library need to be sponsored by Fedral Government well enough if they want a children of High value in life and to the society.

Both parents are responsible for the falt or misconduct of their children. The chidren that committed an offence before the age of 18yrs are taken to Infantory court or Infantory Tribunal because they are still not ripe enough to be judged by the Law of the land, therefore their parents are to be blamed for their misconducts.

Thanks.

TOO LONG AN EPISTLE!
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by vanstanzy(m): 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
idowuswap: Igbos can not take care of thier children na who go con teach them maybe govt.just bcus of money they full everywhere like flies on top shit.committing atrocities,i think agbarry ojukwu ran like fowl when jungle mature.shiiiiiiitttttttt

WHICH OF THE HOUSES FLIES SPEWED THIS SH!7 OUT?
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by solbil: 5:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
ciphoenix: when it comes to teenagers, the pattern changes. Its no longer "children are more attached to their mothers". True, mothers spend more time with "children", that doesn't justify blaming them when the children turn out badly
i understand you. But what i am against is the chronic anti man sentiment that is so evident in the op's view and that of so many other women.
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Abrantie: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mothers, by nature, are supposed to be closer to their off-springs than fathers. This idea that, a mother's bond with her child is sacred and of utmost importance has even been coded into societal laws (especially in developed countries). So why shouldn't mothers be blamed for their child's bad behaviour?

Come Mother's Day, the whole world would be abuzz. Come Father's Day, the silence would be deafening. Most fathers themselves will be like, "wetin be that again? Son why you dey give me present?"

In conclusion, mothers in general get more love than blame.
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by duality(m): 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
I still don't see the rational behind the payment
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
tavon: Because African culture is against feminism. A womans job is the kitchen and the kids and if theres a problem its the woman's fault.

A friend of mine once asked me has your father ever cooked for the family before. Even on your moms birthday?

It was then i realized that we dont treat our women as equals.

Actually a lot of Nigerian women prefer the traditional way because they dont want to work or provide for their family. They complain that the men are no longer doing like their fore fathers.

Like the OP said the man is providing for the family and he travels a lot just to provide for them, So how would he also be the one to train the kids? If the family is lacking financially its the man that would be blamed cos thats supposed to be his job, Now that the child training is lacking who should be blamed?

If you want a balanced home. Both should provide and both should train the kids
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
@dayo lol you just don't take crap when it comes to lazy bums.

@ cooger kids needs a father figure at home, in their lives most especially male kids... It's unfortunate the father has to work solely around the clock to cater for the whole family but at a certain stage in a kid's life , both parents have a role to play in kids life.

Things are changing now and hopefully people will get the grip that both parents must work to support the family so they can have time to attend to these kids....a very tired man will not listen to a child's school work

and that's why 70s and 80s even 90s born kids has the same story of a violent father .
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by harlos: 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
Because na d mother's breast the pikin suck...lol
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
jidegirl12: @dayo lol you just don't take crap when it comes to lazy bums.

@ cooger kids needs a father figure at home, in their lives most especially male kids... It's unfortunate the father has to work solely around the clock to cater for the whole family but at a certain stage in a kid's life , both parents have a role to play in kids life.

Things are changing now and hopefully people will get the grip that both parents must work to support the family so they can have time to attend to these kids....a very tired man will not listen to a child's school work

and that's why 70s and 80s even 90s born kids has the same story of a violent father .

Exactly!!!!

Very well said. Maybe the woman was like those women who believed the man is responsible for providing 100% like their forefathers used to do. Now she wants to escape the blame for failing at her own responsibilities

You cant eat your cake and have it
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
vanstanzy:

WHICH OF THE HOUSES FLIES SPEWED THIS SH!7 OUT?
EPIC.
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Abrantie: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
solbil:
As for those who are quick to say "typical nigerian mentality" well, i think you all are just a bunch of xenocentric feminist people who by chance have found yourselves abroad and now think anything nigeria is inferior! You have become so blinded by your xenocentrism feminism that your intellectual development have been seriously affected! How else can we explain your inability to suspect the simple obvious? That by nature , children are more attached to their mothers than they are to their fathers. And the one who is closer, has more influence.

I second your opinion.

Any way, looking at the big picture, this topic is more about feminism than anything else. I don't want to deviate from the topic but any time someone asks "why men can do this but women blah blah blah..." types of questions, it's an attempt to deny the natural order and balance of humanity, so it's okay to stray off course in your reply.

Feminism is a deadly ideology which has a corruptible effect (especially on the female psyche). You don't believe me? Try taking your Naija chick or wife to America, Europe or Australia today and see how fast she flips from that sweet village girl to a monster. Why? Because she has been exposed to the toxicity of feminism.

Here is a story (not mine). I'm not sure what value it has on this thread, but it's quite interesting to read:

WARNING: LONG QUOTE

I was born, raised, and went through school with feminism. I believed all of the propaganda about the idyllic new world we were creating, a world in which no one would suffer discrimination; a world in which anyone could take on any role that they wanted in life. I really believed that stuff. As well, looking around me and looking back, I must say that for Canadian and American women this dream has pretty-much been realized, at least as best it can be in an imperfect world.

The rub is that for men the quality of life has gone in the opposite direction. Now, I'm not talking about men's fortunes going downhill in the feminist sense. You know: men having been at the pinnacle of power, controlling everything, running the home, running the political world, the financial world, and pretty much every other world there was to run, and now having to share that power with women. I don't believe that bunkum any more.

After all, Fred Everyman who dragged his butt to the factory every morning and back home every evening thirty years ago is still dragging his butt around the same way thirty years later, if he's lucky enough to have a factory to which to drag it. It is true that the high-rolling, über-boss men of yore now have to share the corner office with high-rolling über-boss women, and this may upset them (I wouldn't know), but life options for the average working Joe haven't changed much in three decades.

One thing that has changed a lot for Fred Everyman is married life. There once was a time when Fred would wake up in the morning, sit down to a nutritious breakfast made for him by his wife, head off to work carrying a lunch made for him by his wife, work all day, then return home to a dinner cooked for him by his wife, in a house that he didn't have to clean, perhaps with kids that he helped raise but didn't have to tend.

What we refer to as "modern women" see this scenario as a kind of slavery. Jane Everyman was stuck at home, cooking, cleaning, and wiping runny noses. Many of today's women have sworn that they would never cook, clean, and raise children for any man, and many of them have managed to avoid these things, principally by convincing men that men ought to help out with the household chores while at the same time she goes out to earn a bit more money. This still seems like a fair trade to me, and this was why I supported feminism: not to free women from slavery, but to allow men to become more involved in their homes and their childrens' lives.

Then two things went terribly wrong. First, rather than signing up for boring but profitable work like computer programming, or dangerous but profitable work like underwater welding or garbage collection, women signed up en masse for people-contact professions that had always paid—and continue to pay—lousy wages. Second, in addition to insisting that men learn to cook, clean, and look after kids, many women decided that the best way not to be caught in the housewife / mother trap was not to learn any of this stuff, and ultimately not to do it.

What we've ended up with is something that boggles my mind: thousands of women who made career choices that stressed "easy" over "profitable," who as well know next to nothing about keeping house, complaining that they can't seem to meet the man of their dreams.

This does not surprise me. Who the hell would want them?

Don't get me wrong: love is a wonderful thing, and it's one of the biggest rushes in life to meet someone who turns you on sexually, enjoys spending time with you, and likes many of the same things that you like. However, the harsh reality is that eventually some meals must be cooked, some dishes washed, some babies changed, leaves mucked out of gutters, toilets repaired, and oil changed. This is the stuff of everyday life, and someone has to do it. Love and friendship are wonderful things, but one must also address the practical matters of living. The garbage won't take itself out.

I know far too many "modern" women who make lousy money, are hopeless in a kitchen, couldn't change a tire if their lives depended on it, get vertigo on step ladders, and don't want children. These same women think that they deserve to be married to some wonderful guy just for existing. I had a short discussion with a school teacher friend of mine in which I asked why men had to bring women flowers, but women never bring men flowers (I like flowers). Her response? "Our presence is our gift to you!" I guffawed. I haven't been invited back. Women who are of no practical use to anyone think that they deserve everlasting happiness with some dream prince because, well, they're just such great company.

Except that they're not.

Men typically don't spend a lot of time in card stores, but you should pop into one some time. It's instructive. Carlton or Hallmark, it doesn't matter. Drop in and check out the "for women only" section. I'll give you a sample: "Congratulations on your marriage. Your new life will require energy, determination, and skill.... Training a man isn't easy." Or, how about this one: "All men are scum.... Oh, for a moment there, I was feeling generous." Women—the same "modern" women I'm talking about—buy these things. They actually believe stuff like this, and have a hearty laugh over it. I know, because my cousins buy these things and send them to each other. My female friends post them on their kitchen walls.

So who, I must ask, wants to stay home and look after a house for a woman who, even if she did make good money, thinks you're a loser just because you're male? Who wants to listen to "stupid men" jokes year after year? And who, short of the most masochistic among us, would agree to both work and take care of the house only to be told by a woman who is inept at anything that could be labeled "work" that you're somehow sub-human?

Men helped open up the workplace to women when they demanded it. Men even changed the workplace to make it better than it had ever been when it was only men working. Men introduced new laws to accommodate women in the workplace. A good number of us learned to cook, and even more of us took up scrub brushes and pails of Pine-Sol to help with the cleaning. We learned to do laundry and ironing. We learned to change diapers and how warm the milk should be before baby gets it. Many of us now know more about looking after a home than many women.

After all of this, we get sneering disrespect from junior secretaries who have trouble cooking pasta. Then, when they get tired of us, they divorce us and take the kids, the house, and the car the way their grandmothers did.

If I sound depressed by this modern condition, I am. If I sound nostalgic for the Fifties, I'm not particularly. You see, my dream had always been to marry a woman who made good money. I love cooking; I love kids; I enjoy decorating although I'm not that good at it; I can take or leave cleaning, but I did it for twenty years so I could do it for sixty more without much problem; I can also take a passable crack at repairing a car engine and I can climb ladders and move heavy furniture, which is more than the fabled Fifties housewife could do. I can also, in a pinch, make good money.

Neither am I alone. I have a friend on my sports team who brings cakes and squares after every practice. I have another good friend who does prize-winning needlepoint. A lot of my male friends are single and although, as I'll freely admit, some of their places are strictly utilitarian, others would surprise you with their tasteful decor. There are still a few "Neanderthal" men out there, but there are also a lot, like me, who have grown up self-sufficient, tidy, and capable in the home.

After all of this, I find that I look around at the single women I know, and I shudder. I listen to them giggling about how stupid and useless men are, and it makes me glad that I can take care of myself. Women think that they have finally arrived at a place where they don't need men any more. They can make their own money, and modern technology makes much of men's strengths and skills obsolete. However, I have news for those women who think that this gives them a leg up on us men: many of us don't need you, either. We can cook, clean, and look after ourselves.
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by toygod2: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
iono
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Daresh(f): 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
berem: I have been trying to ask this question over and over again.why do mothers get almost all the blame when a child displays very bad behaviour?

I know of a family friend whose 2 grown up kids are always involved in crime though one of them died as a result of cult activities few months ago.

Apart from taking care of the family financially, the man is seldom present to take care of his kids since when they were small.

He's always travelling due to the nature of his business. Their mum being a house wife has been taking care of the boys.

Now that one of them is dead, the husband and his relations are heaping the blame on the woman for not doing her responsibilities as a mother taking care of them.

Why should mothers be blamed?

Since they are boys I believe it was up to their father to train them. I tell my hsband all the time "these kids are for 2 of us, its not just me". Its both their faults bt I blame the Dad more cos a man should train a man.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by coogar: 11:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
jidegirl12:

of course, kids need a father figure in their lives....
it's not like this man doesn't come home at all - it's just that he's often away from home but he fends for his kids......which is the most important thing here!

the responsibility fell solely on the wife since she agreed to be a housewife - the least she could do is to tend the nest and train the kids - she has no 9-5 job to distract her so how did the kids become rotten under her watch?
Re: Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 07, 2012
coogar:

of course, kids need a father figure in their lives....
it's not like this man doesn't come home at all - it's just that he's often away from home but he fends for his kids......which is the most important thing here!

the responsibility fell solely on the wife since she agreed to be a housewife - the least she could do is to tend the nest and train the kids - she has no 9-5 job to distract her so how did the kids become rotten under her watch?

I still don't agree with you tho.., kids need both parents to raise them together esp the Dad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? / Lesbian Wife / urg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.