Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,802 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law (18563 Views)

Buhari As Ebenezer Obey Was Singing In Ogun (Photo) / I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi / “go Back To Your Village If You Cannot Obey New Traffic Laws” – Governor Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by lekkie073(m): 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
Hardfact:
You just killed it! Simple fact of the matter which only those few clueless clowns fail to comprehend. Let them continue to grope about in their mental darkness.
lagos has been a commercial centre more than a hundred yrs ago. calabar was once d capital of nigeria. why wasnt it as developed as lagos? answer: lagos has been blessed by eledumare to be the most prosperous city in west africa...
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by seanet01: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

As if traffic offenders are visitors only....The man is uncivilized...Peter Obi will never talk like this. Mr fashola doesnt even know that some villagers are more civilized than some Nigerians in the city. Very ignorant man.
You are the ignoramus mr. Man.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by victord1st: 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
i laff i when i c u write that igbo are mere 900k in lagos.we hav more than 250k igbos in my church alone in lagos! not to think about all the catholic and anglican chrchs pls be factual that website is fluke.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
lekkie073: what tires me with dis ibos is the constant remarks dat they own lagos. ibos are a complete nuisance in lagos. u rent a room to an ibo, he brings in 4 of his so_called village brodas. what does all of them do for a living? the original occupant go dey hustle for ladipo while the 4 squaters all engage in traffic hawking. shameless ppl

Say something smart,please. Its not a must to comment.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2012
seanet01: You are the ignoramus mr. Man.

You have no atom of honesty in you and the worst part is that you arent ashamed of it. Why cant he just advice residents and visitors to obey the traffic laws? SENIOR ADVOCATE OF NIGERIA! !!! Lmao....chei.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2012
lekkie073: u rent a room to an ibo, he brings in 4 of his so_called village brodas.
This is the answer to the question usually raised by Igbos new to Lagos on why landlords or agents don't want rent out their living apartments to them....sad but that's just how it works.
I don't agree with Fashola's statement though. Seems he has lost touch with the masses.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by PointB: 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
geeez:

Who gives a flying hoot what party you stick your dirty thumbs to?

Yorubas will determine who rules in Yorubaland

Now ACN is a Yoruba tribal abi? If that's the case, what would you say about your backward APGA? At least, BRF appointed an Igbo man commissioner apart from people from other tribes in several ministries and parastatals. Can that happen in Igboland? When even one Igbo state can't allow people from another state work with its own government

You guys are just a bunch of hypocritical propagandists

Of course I wasn't addressing those with oil soup infested brain. So I couldn't care if they give a hoot or not. And whether Asiwaju Party of Nigeria (ACN) is a tribal party or Tinubu party is not the business. My message or appeal is direct at a specific catchment area. How you manage to catch a cold is a mystery to. And because you said didn't give a hoot, let my repeat my message to those who care, perhaps in a better way:
[size=28pt]
MY FELLOW IGBOS LET US PLEASE THINK LONG AND HARD BEFORE WE VOTE FOR ANYTHING ACN IN 2015, ESPECIALLY IN LAGOS. CAST YOUR VOTE WITH DEEP SENSE OF THE FUTURE! I PERSONALLY WILL AVOID ACN THE WAY A LEPER IS AVOIDED!
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by victord1st: 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
i can never vote again for ACN that built road @ 1billion/km.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by coogar: 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:
I was almost going to ignore your post. but i feel i have a responsibility to educate you. Your ignorance is so worrisome.

heck - you are daft......didn't even know you replied to further display your ignorance.....

There are various seaports in Nigeria. Warri, Oneh, Koko, Calabar, Sapele and the new Akwa Ibom port. Lagos has Tincan and Warf ports. Because of the capital status of Lagos and the consequent growth in population, priority status was given to Lagos ports.

you are a big tool.....
i am not even sure you are educated - the ports were built before the population explosion, not the other way round. the capital status had nothing to do with this, otherwise other capital cities in west africa should be bursting their seams with teeming population. the capital has since moved to abuja since 91, why are people still moving to lagos en masse?

That means, shipments are directed first to Lagos ports before any other ports. This is the reason there has been an agitation for the Onitsha river niger port. Someone in Enugu or Makurdi has to import his goods through the Lagos port. That means, he has to now convey his goods by road all the way from Lagos to his factory. That means more cost and all the dangers involved. Now if Lagos didnt have the capital status and consequently a population explosion, they would not have been given the priority status in both airports and seaports. If for some reason lagos was to have a mass exodus of people, it means some new state will grow in population and both individual and business activities will grow there. Consequently, the demand for airport and seaport activities would shift and the government will have to respond to that demand by giving priority status to those new states. The result of that will be simple. Lagos ports will loose business. Taxes will drop drastically. Both the federal and state revenue will drop drastically and Lagos would have a big challenge because they have no real natural resource. Sapele port is the best in Nigeria because it is a fresh water port but it is completely unutilised. 80% of all seaport activities are channeled to Lagos. That will change if Lagos was 3million. First the demand for goods in Lagos will drop drastically and that demand will move elsewhere. This is just a little education for you.

you are a consummate rëtard.......
your assumption that lagos airport/seaport would paralyse because of a lower population in lagos has already confirmed you function on a single digit intelligence quotient. must people stay in lagos to use the airport, seaport? jeeeez - people can come from neighbouring states and use the airport/seaport and go back to their destination......

You should educate yourself before posting in a public forum

you have only fooled yourself further - the money spent on your education should have been channeled into cocoa business. what's the population of abuja and why is the airport business booming? damn - you should donate your brains to the ape kingdom!
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by ODUANEGRO: 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2012
Only way you will not get a Yoruba governor in Lagos, if thats your desire, is to vote apga candidate. Wheter you acn or pdp Yoruba people will still rule the state. ...you cant get out from under our rulership, ever! We are king over you and always will be, in Lagos or , when expanded, in Nigrria.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by whitecat007: 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
Because if he doesn't use the tribal tone, someone else will. We need to stop being defensive all the the time, launching some offences will do us a lot of good. Eeko ila, o gbara re lowo obe, kere la ra re gba bi oko.
Akanbi_edu:

Why do you want to turn this into anti-ibo thing? It's not wise.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by thelastPope(m): 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
coogar:

heck - you are daft......didn't even know you replied to further display your ignorance.....

you are a big tool.....
i am not even sure you are educated - the ports were built before the population explosion, not the other way round. the capital status had nothing to do with this, otherwise other capital cities in west africa should be bursting their seams with teeming population. the capital has since moved to abuja since 91, why are people still moving to lagos en masse?

you are a consummate rëtard.......
your assumption that lagos airport/seaport would paralyse because of a lower population in lagos has already confirmed you function on a single digit intelligence quotient. must people stay in lagos to use the airport, seaport? jeeeez - people can come from neighbouring states and use the airport/seaport and go back to their destination......

you have only fooled yourself further - the money spent on your education should have been channeled into cocoa business. what's the population of abuja and why is the airport business booming? damn - you should donate your brains to the ape kingdom!

I didnt know I was talking to a little kid. sorry my bad. As a matter of principle, I dont deal with minors. Have a nice day!
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by thelastPope(m): 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
The big question for me is, after staying up late to watch the American election and seeing the class of even Romney who lost, you wake up to hear a comment like this from a goveernor of a state who actually went to the democratic convention (Please correct me if am wrong). It just leaves you really sad. This is just backward. Something you would have heard from 1955. Now this chap will now tell these "villagers" that he wants their vote to become Nigerian president in 2015 or later. Well, maybe he has given up any hope of ever going for the presidency because he has just thrown away any chance he could have had. As hated as OBJ is, you cannot hear stuff like this from him.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by coogar: 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:
I didnt know I was talking to a little kid. sorry my bad. As a matter of principle, I dont deal with minors. Have a nice day!

what a cop-out!
you think you can come here and spew asinine comments without getting ripped? you must be having a laugh! people don't need to congest lagos to use the facilities there....so go and do some more critical thinking before coming here to engage me - you intellectually-sterile plonker!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by deolumike(m): 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2012
coolIt's quiet unfortunate that the Governor's statement has elicited such dismal reactions. It's clear enough. The law applies to everyone that is within the jurisdiction of Lagos state regardless of Ɣ☺ΰя ethnicity. EVERYONE within the borders. It's where we call home and we will continue to be each other's neigbours so the earlier we got along with one another, the better. But frankly, it's not particularly heartwarming for our Igbo brethren to claim they own Lagos state. No indegene of any place will welcome people from another state with such attitude. Nigeria remains a federal entity.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by seanet01: 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
POINTB, you are deceiving your dumb azz if you think your votes will decide who rule Lagos in 2015, Ten million great grand pa of ibos can not decide who rules Lagos.
get that into your thick skull or f.uck off!!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Eziachi: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
seanet01: Of course you will said that Lagos belongs to all sundry, but deep inside you know that the original owners were the one stayed behind in 93 when you people started your coward yam festival in the east. No room for nonsense in Lagos, it is either you are submissive to our laws or you Bleep off to your erosion ravaged iboland. Clear?
The last we checked, LAGOS is part of Nigeria and you lot are proud one NiGERIA CRUSADERS. As for the real indigenous owners of Lagos-the Aworis said its theirs and I don't know how much of an Awori person you are. Busy fighting what doesn't belong to you in the first place.

Some of you shouting Lagos all the time has not even a single slippers in Lagos, let alone a stake of any form. Your only contact with Lagos is the brief wait at the Murtala Muhammad Airport to catch a flight to Peckham/Thamesmead, for a life of credit card fraud.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by seanet01: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
PointB:

Of course I was addressing those with oil soup infested brain. So I couldn't care if they give a hoot or not. And whether Asiwaju Party of Nigeria (ACN) is a tribal party or Tinubu party is not the business. My message or appeal is direct at a specific catchment area. How you manage to catch a cold is a mystery to. And because you said didn't give a hoot, let my repeat my message to those who care, perhaps in a better way:
[size=28pt]
MY FELLOW IGBOS LET US PLEASE THINK LONG AND HARD BEFORE WE VOTE FOR ANYTHING ACN IN 2015, ESPECIALLY IN LAGOS. CAST YOUR VOTE WITH DEEP SENSE OF THE FUTURE! I PERSONALLY WILL AVOID ACN THE WAY A LEPER IS AVOIDED!
[/size]
mumu, who give a damm about what you baboon decide to do in 2015?
if you dumb azzes called ibos try anything in 2015, i will instantly book my ticket back home and hack you blood thirsty apes to death.
This days am back to put azz wooven brain back in your place
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
Why does that pointless Point B keep using large fonts to get noticed?

Igbo people are all noise and no action. Empty barrels
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Afam4eva(m): 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
Eziachi:
Some of you shouting Lagos all the time has not even a single slippers in Lagos, let alone a stake of any form. Your only contact with Lagos is the brief wait at the Murtala Muhammad Airport to catch a flight to Peckham/Thamesmead, for a life of credit card fraud.
I think you're talking to the wrong person. The person you just quoted has never been to the Murtala Muhammed Airport. What will he be doing there? There's no direct bus from there to Ogbomoso.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by seanet01: 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
victord1st: i laff i when i c u write that igbo are mere 900k in lagos.[size=36pt]we hav more than 250k igbos in my church alone in lagos![/size] not to think about all the catholic and anglican chrchs pls be factual that website is fluke.
This is one of the reasons why i said Ibos are Dumb lliars!! See the bolded, so how many people dey the church sef? baboon

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
seanet01:
This is one of the reasons why i said Ibos are Dumb lliars!! See the bolded, so how many people dey the church sef? baboon

Can he tell us the name and location of the church? 250k Igbos ko, 250 million Biafrans ni

Na you dey take attendance for church? A race of fraudsters
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
I think the knack for disorderliness (the agbero mentality) is a Lagos thing not the other way round. Most villagers are laid back and organised.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by deaconfrost: 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
Table Leg :
Anyone not happy should pack their flipping backs and head back to their villages ....
Lagos is not for every Emeka, Yaro and Iyanya!!!
Lagos is on the verge of exploding because of the uncontrolled migration ... They are trying to inject sanity and exert some control over things, and some foooools are complaining ...
If you are not satisfied with the conditions, vamoose! It is not by force ...
Lagosians own Lagos!!! PERIOD

Hi Table_Leg: what constitutes someone as a Lagosian?
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by deaconfrost: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
dayokanu: Well said Fashola.

If you cant comply by rules go back to your villages

well said too dayokanu; albeit you should be proud that people flock to your state because its okay. we have brothers & sisters outside the country. are you saying they should come back too?
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by victord1st: 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
geeez:

Can he tell us the name and location of the church? 250k Igbos ko, 250 million Biafrans ni

Na you dey take attendance for church? A race of fraudsters

its even far frm being the largest igbo dominated congregation.
its hard to understd why pple frm the sw find it very easy to insult fellow human even in open forum.it goes along way to depict how morally bankrupt u hav become.ur forefather did a terrible job.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2012
victord1st:

its hard to understd why pple frm the sw find it very easy to insult fellow human even in open forum.it goes along way to depict how morally bankrupt u hav become.ur forefather did a terrible job.

Just list 3 churches in Lagos that have more than 10,000 Igbos

You guys do the worst of insulting us and are so quick to call people who are intellectually superior to you Yoruba, whatever that means.

And now you've only proved to us that you are a race of fraudsters with this lie. Even Winners Chapel that is reputed to have the biggest church auditorium in Nigeria cannot sit 250,000 people in one service. You're just a cheap lair and true to type - fraudster

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2012
victord1st: .we hav more than 250k igbos in my church alone in lagos! not to think about all the catholic and anglican chrchs pls be factual that website is fluke.

I'm assuming this to mean you claiming that the amount of worshippers at your Church every weekend is 2 and half times more than that of the Maracana stadium even when its filled to capacity during a major international soccer match?

Wow!
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Afam4eva(m): 6:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
victord1st:

Bros pls there's no congregation that sits 250k people at once. Even if it's a crusade sef. Except you're referring to the population of Igbos in all the branches of a particular church.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by victord1st: 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
i want to posit clearly that am in full support of the traffic law,okada ban inclusive.in fact i think its long over due because its inline with international best practice,but i wont be silent while some bigots spew insultive aspersion my tribe because of some careless comment frm an insensitive guvnor.tomm you'll c them spotting igbo red cap and lion head fabric canvassing for igbos vote.disgraceful hypocrites!
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by dayokanu(m): 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

As if traffic offenders are visitors only....The man is uncivilized...Peter Obi will never talk like this. Mr fashola doesnt even know that some villagers are more civilized than some Nigerians in the city. Very ignorant man.

Peter Obi? You are mentioning men this one is mentioning the Peter Obi that talks like he swallowed a cat.

If you cant comply with Lagos rules get the hell back to your erosion wrecked villages
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by dayokanu(m): 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2012
deaconfrost:

well said too dayokanu; albeit you should be proud that people flock to your state because its okay. we have brothers & sisters outside the country. are you saying they should come back too?

Everyone is welcome as long as they would abide by the rules of the land

In Every country if you cant abide by the laws of the land you would be deported by to where you are from

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

NLC In Crucial Meeting Today / Orji Uzor Kalu Warns Fayose To Leave Buhari Alone / NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.