Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law (18565 Views)

Buhari As Ebenezer Obey Was Singing In Ogun (Photo) / I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi / “go Back To Your Village If You Cannot Obey New Traffic Laws” – Governor Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:47am On Nov 07, 2012
seanet01: Ibos do you hear wetin Fash don said? If this law is not something you feel comfortable about please go back to your gully erosion ravaged biafra. There is no room for nonsense in Lagos. Am i clear?
it is true that in every 1000 persons, you will find 1 intelligent person.. you are taking advantage of the fact that we have more f00ls than fellows. no problem, go herd your goats, you will make a fantastic goat-herder. you racial and ethnic bigot grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by olabukola: 9:51am On Nov 07, 2012
My dear Gov Fash, its a pity we have found ourself in this sorry situation but i dont think the best way to change the situation is by making careless statement like this.Its a fact that nobody can control the movement of people within nigeria. We have not done enough to control the influx of Niger republicans and chadanians talkless of controling the our own citizens. For the fact that we call oueselves Nigeria people must reside in any part of its territory and obey any law therein. If your comment is directed towards non yorubas then what you should do is to start agitating for Odua Republic, its only when we get our own nation that we can control who comes in not is a Nigeria of today. Even regional govt. can achieve that.

The answer is Odua nation(if your comment is towards non yorubars) or Lagos nation( if your comment is towards non Lagos Indigenes).

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by victord1st: 9:52am On Nov 07, 2012
Classicalman: We all know the dirtiest amongst the 3 major tribes in Nigeria. Need i say more? And for your info, Igbos have taken over lagos. Better pack your cockroach and lice infested mattress back to Ijebu ode.

mildly put,igbos owns over 50% of properties in lagos i dont need any useless statistics to prove that.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by victord1st: 9:52am On Nov 07, 2012
Classicalman: We all know the dirtiest amongst the 3 major tribes in Nigeria. Need i say more? And for your info, Igbos have taken over lagos. Better pack your cockroach and lice infested mattress back to Ijebu ode.

mildly put,igbos owns over 50% of properties in lagos i dont need any useless statistics to prove that.We own lagos.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 10:04am On Nov 07, 2012
victord1st:

mildly put,igbos owns over 50% of properties in lagos i dont need any useless statistics to prove that.We own lagos.

Another Igbo scam

You own Lagos but can't make the rules

You own Lagos but don't even control the economy

I dare you to make that claim in public or tell your Ohaneze of Lagos to make that claim or declare himself a first class traditional ruler

Yorubas have been far too linient

Own ko, owe Ni

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by profstar(m): 10:04am On Nov 07, 2012
Billyonaire: Fashola should learn to be diplomatic in his utterances. He was once a common man. I love the traffic laws and I am obeying them and also admonish everyone to obey for common good. But Fashola should not sound like Adolf Hitler cos he has some billions in his personal account courtesy of corruption. Learn to be diplomatic in your utterances Fashola, cos you aint feeding nobody. Your money is in your pocket, I dont give a damn.
why will you expect him to be diplomatic when the people concern (okada rider) don't give a shit about diplomatic speech, some don't even understand what it means to be diplomatic,and i think you need to check his previous speech on this okada issue and see how diplomatic he was. If cain don't work on children then the parent uses harsh words..
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Johndoe100(m): 10:09am On Nov 07, 2012
Billyonaire: In Politics and in high acumen business scene the music is diplomacy. Its saying the nastiest things in the nicest ways. Fashola needs to learn how to talk. He has performed very well by Nigerian standard, but he needs to learn to talk diplomatically. The laws are meant for the people and not otherwise, but I can relate with the depopulation policy of the underground mafia that owns Lagos. Thanks to the Atlantic gods, I also own a stake in Lagos. Fashola should learn to talk like a seasoned politician and not like a nepotist.

Sadly this is what he is increasingly being revealed to be.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by victord1st: 10:12am On Nov 07, 2012
[quote author=aryzgreat]all the you-robbers that are blabbing here "OTU NNEGI" MUKINA D WITCH of NL come and BAN ME. Guess u see how ur juju infested ugly ppl are turning this to anti-igbo. i know e dey pepper una how igbos are living large in lagos. Don't worry u can only talk but u cant do any thing. i feed ur agbero brothers, they offload my container at Alaba international market ojo every 2 weeks! i will not punish kehinde and kunle bc of u big mouth you-robbers of NL. U can only bark u cant bite. LAG

Gosh un no go kill me for this NL
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by lekkie073(m): 10:24am On Nov 07, 2012
i have the right to pass my message the way i deem fit, afterall, i still remain the guvnor of lasgidi. pls, if u cant cope with my traffic laws, go back to.....ur erosion-laden abodes that u criminal-minded ibos call home. as for the almajiris.....i reserve my comment
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 10:27am On Nov 07, 2012
[quote author=victord1st][/quote]

You don't know how many Igbos I employ as security men, dispatch riders and drivers in Lagos and Abuja do you?

The few ones I've employed as full staff have been fraudulent except one that more or less grew up in the SW and was exposed to decent values early in life

I dare your loud mouthed race to make that dirty claim that you own Lagos in public or let your chief declare himself a first class traditional ruler if you truly own the land. Still waiting for that day. Slowly and steadily, we will show you the way to Onitsha and Nnewi because as it is you have become an embarrassment to an enterprising and progressive Yoruba land. The ones that claim to do 'genuine' business (which is largely trading) cut corners while the others are robbers, prostitutes, fraudsters, rapists, kidnappers and murderers

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by ODUANEGRO: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2012
victord1st:

mildly put,igbos owns over 50% of properties in lagos i dont need any useless statistics to prove that.

Thank you. Those who own more pay more. Everytime Fashola introduce some tax law or fee or license why then do you complain and whine? We have to tax you more cause you own more. ...so live with it.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by sylve11: 10:46am On Nov 07, 2012
So far so good, the war is still on. Then I begin to wonder why the One Nigeria thing is still on the lips of our leaders. Hausa hates igbo, yoruba hates igbo, but why the so much I hate? Why not allow them to get their own country? I keep on asking myself. The hate is too much, God! sad cool

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Dainfamous: 11:00am On Nov 07, 2012
geeez:

You don't know how many Igbos I employ as security men, dispatch riders and drivers in Lagos and Abuja do you?

The few ones I've employed as full staff have been fraudulent except one that more or less grew up in the SW and was exposed to decent values early in life

I dare your loud mouthed race to make that dirty claim that you own Lagos in public or let your chief declare himself a first class traditional ruler if you truly own the land. Still waiting for that day. Slowly and steadily, we will show you the way to Onitsha and Nnewi because as it is you have become an embarrassment to an enterprising and progressive Yoruba land. The ones that claim to do 'genuine' business (which is largely trading) cut corners while the others are robbers, prostitutes, fraudsters, rapists, kidnappers and murderers
pls can u tell us what yorubas have contributed in the union? because Lagos 3rd mainland bridge and other big projects comes from FG treasury not from yoruba treasury..

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by amiskurie(m): 11:06am On Nov 07, 2012
Plain and simple.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 11:13am On Nov 07, 2012
Da infamous: pls can u tell us what yorubas have contributed in the union? because Lagos 3rd mainland bridge and other big projects comes from FG treasury not from yoruba treasury..

Interesting

If only 3MB is what you can see, why are you still here? So you're blind to all the roads and bridges constructed ever since the Federal capital moved? Why does Fashola keep winning international awards for beng the best governor? Why is Lagos the most innovative African city? Why is the GDP of Lagos almost $40bn, almost as high as that of Ghana and that of all the SE states put together? You must have failed to see his IPPs. Why are your governors coming to take lessons on governance from him?

Before 1999, Lagos barely generated N600m per month in IGR, today the state makes almost N30bn in IGR alone with majority coming from telcos, manufacturing, banking and insurance

I know your hate is stronger than your objectivity but even at that your post smacks of low or little reasoning
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Dainfamous: 11:26am On Nov 07, 2012
geeez:

Interesting

If only 3MB is what you can see, why are you still here? So you're blind to all the roads and bridges constructed ever since the Federal capital moved? Why does Fashola keep winning international awards for beng the best governor? Why is Lagos the most innovative African city? Why is the GDP of Lagos almost $40bn, almost as high as that of Ghana and that of all the SE states put together? You must have failed to see his IPPs. Why are your governors coming to take lessons on governance from him?

I know your hate is stronger than your objectivity but even at that your post smacks of low or little reasoning
so all those roads build by lagos state and other projects come from yoruba treasury right? ok how many yoruba companies in Lagos contribute to that 30 billion as you claimed,lagos has over 17 million people in those 17 million,how many of them are yorubas? let check by ratio,let say beacuse yoruba towns and villages are closer to lagos than other states so it make sense why they have more yorubas people migrating to lagos including area boys on the streets and slums.

The state govt generate internal revenue through investors in the state, are yorubas the main investors in lagos? and pls can u name them,because you lot have sold most of ur lands and become tenants so where do u stand....

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 07, 2012
geeez:

Another Igbo scam

You own Lagos but can't make the rules

You own Lagos but don't even control the economy

I dare you to make that claim in public or tell your Ohaneze of Lagos to make that claim or declare himself a first class traditional ruler

Yorubas have been far too linient

Own ko, owe Ni

You dey mind.....this is an anonymous forum where anybody can make any spurious claim.

These guys talk careless...some very few reasonable ones among them like Afam and Okija rarely make such boastful comment though.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Twy: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2012
[quote author=thelastPope]The stup1dity of the Fashola talk is that cities of the world are no longer developed along tribal lines and will never be anymore. Even the most conservative countries like china and iran are begining to open their borders to foreigners from all over the world to interact and participate in building those cities. No one is spewing this kind of tribal drivel anymore in the world. Fashola sounds like a guy from 1945. Tribal or racial profiling is in the dumps of history and am amazed that a so called enlithened lawyer is deep in it in 2012. How does he know which ethnic group is making lagos dirty or bad. Is he going to pursue the many Lagos indigenes in Mushin, Igando, Yaba, Ikorodu, Badagry and other places that are as dirty as can be? Where did he carry out the survey to find out if Lagos is being messed up by non lagos indigenes?

How many Lagos indigenes have money to setup businesses in Lagos and pay taxes? What is the population of Lagos state indigenes living in Lagos?

In th last elections, total votes cast was around 1.8 million. If Lagos is around 9 million (using the census figures because Lagos is probably around 15 million) it means around a fifth of Lagosians came out. From the turn out, even if we assume that half of those are Lagos indigenes, which is definitely not, It still means that the Lagos indigines cannot account for a tenth of lagos population. so how come he thinks Lagos is run or dominated by non indigenes. It is all very funny the way he reasons like a real unintelligent guy. Lagos is what you call a metropolitan city. A city that has long lost its tribal or indigene status and composition and that cannot be reversed even if Nigeria were to fight another war, it wouldnt change. Just like New York, Joburg, Accra and many other metropolitan cities around the world. So when I hear some of you making your foolish statement like you do, it makes me laugh out loud. It is a very ignorant way to think. The world is not going backwards. It is going forwards. Composition and domination of metropolitan cities like Lagos will never ever be dertermined by tribalism. It will be determined by hard work and ability to harness the opportunities therein. Dangote is the richest man in Lagos controlling almost the whole Lagos port. Oya, go and drive him away now! Foolish thinking. You should be harnesing the human capacity and resources to build a better place instead of promoting tribalism and ethnic profiling. very sad![/quote

Fashola is just speaking like a Nigerian, think tribal first and adapt what you only know into practice no matter the circumstances(in his case Law and governance). I am just worried about the implications for social malaise. Underneath the talk, the top priority may be population control in terms of limiting foreigners from coming to Lagos and those from other states and eliminating the informal sector. But the implication of his actions and how to mitigate the side effects, he has refused to talk about or do nothing. The informal sector generates income for a significant number of the population, if you want to make it go away find a way to make them adapt, i.e erecting affordable stalls instead of task force chasing recharge card sellers and market women on the street. The market woen go to the street because if they pay 5k for rent and another 5k for government tax monthly, the profit diminishes. You can actually build markets and rent it out at affordable rates, and use the tax aspect as rent and allow recharge card seller who are not space hogs to stay at corners until a solution can be found just to keep the youths busy ad engaged. But his solution is to use law to restrict income of the informal sector participants and not minding the long term implication for the families and the society. Not all will leave Lagos, some will find another scheme or way to make a living while their children may be forced to help out. My fear for the state and the country is not just corruption but a breakdown in the family and core ethical values imbibed by a strong family unit may be another problem many are not thinking about.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 11:43am On Nov 07, 2012
Da infamous: so all those roads build by lagos state and other projects come from yoruba treasury right? ok how many yoruba companies in Lagos contribute to that 30 billion as you claimed,lagos has over 17 million people in those 17 million,how many of them are yorubas? let check by ratio,let say beacuse yoruba towns and villages are closer to lagos than other states so it make sense why they have more yorubas people migrating to lagos including area boys on the streets and slums.

The state govt generate internal revenue through investors in the state, are yorubas the main investors in lagos? and pls can u name them,because you lot have sold most of ur lands and become tenants so where do u stand....

Which lands have we sold? I keep hearing this and I just can't believe it. In Ikoyi where I live, virtually every senior person retired from the LASG owns a property there. It's the same in VI and Lekki. Even in the mainland, I see Yorubas as landlords in most places I go. Even in the lands burea, if you sort the records, you will find out that most of the lands and properties in Lagos belong to people from the SW.

Do you think Festac is the whole of Lagos? That's where most Igbo landlords own properties and because you own 50% of Festac doesn't mean and will never mean you own 50% of Lagos. I have property in Warri and PH, does that mean myself and a few Yorubas that own properties own PH? Do my houses in the Manchester of Kent make me the owner he UK. Do I own Abuja because I have properties there?

Anyone that has ever said Igbos or any tribe owns Lagos obviously hasn't bought a square inch of land in Lagos because all the land in Lagos first and foremost belongs to the government of Lagos. Should Nigeria divide, and there is an O'dua Republic, the land will belong to O'dua Republic and the government can make laws to do whatever it pleases with the land under her jurisdiction

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by uzoexcel(m): 11:44am On Nov 07, 2012
sammy_jay: i'm a yoruba guy but that does not gives me the right to threating any tribe living in the sw region,your speech looks imature next time pls try to be polite.
9ce 1 man.....and nigerians claim to be outraged when the white man behaves raciallly towards them...........bloody hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by samkoro: 11:48am On Nov 07, 2012
seanet01: Ibos do you hear wetin Fash don said? If this law is not something you feel comfortable about please go back to your gully erosion ravaged biafra. There is no room for nonsense in Lagos. Am i clear?

You can't even write/speak a correct pidgeon English,common pigdeon English.Fashola must be talking to people like you,who are either from the zoo or jungle.Villagers are far more advanced and knowledgeable than people like you who can neither pass English nor the pidgeon.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by victord1st: 11:51am On Nov 07, 2012
geeez:

They are petty traders my friend! I've worked in over 6 banks, including an Igbo bank and I know those that issue big ticket LCs are not those petty traders in Alaba

6 banks.this is pure prostitution,settle down bro.
Alaba int'l collectively makes more T/O than all the listed coy put together.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 07, 2012
Please can we have the exact percentage of Igbo ownership structure of Lagos.....

I keep hearing different figure...30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% even to a ridiculous level of 90%

What exactly do Igbo owns in term of landed properties

....but at the end of the going by C Of O, all land ultimately belongs to the govt.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by PointB: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2012
[size=28pt]IGBOS SHOULD NOT VOTE ACN IN 2015. I CAN'T SAY THIS LOUD ENOUGH![/size]
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by mkoabiola: 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
Fashola has been power drunk b4 now,y is he saying dis after he has won 2nd term election,he wud av said ds b4 hs election.
Dose villagers voted for u.
He wil stil come back afta leaving office n become an ordinary citizen,where is comment wil b regardless.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by htajz: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
Yoruba people sha, I wonder how you non yorubas are able to live among them .
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by olabukola: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
geeez:

Do my houses in the Manchester of Kent make me the owner he UK
[b][/b]Where is the highlighted please.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2012
PointB: [size=28pt]IGBOS SHOULD NOT VOTE ACN IN 2015. I CAN'T SAY THIS LOUD ENOUGH![/size]

And who the hell are you to determine who a whole set of people should vote for?

I've told you countless times that you take this your Eze Igbo Electoral officer thing way too important..

[size=25pt]YOU ARE THE WORST IGBO ON NAIRALAND..!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by bashr8: 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
ilugunboy:

And who the hell are you to determine who a whole set of people should vote for?

I've told you countless times that you take this your Eze Igbo Electoral officer thing way too important..

[size=25pt]YOU ARE THE WORST IGBO ON NAIRALAND..!![/size]
igbo or not give me one reason any sensible non indegene should vote ACN again in lagos after this statement, it seems acn is heading back to the era of tribalism, its a shame, thats why PDP remains the only political party in nigeria.if everybody go back to their village (including foreigners) you think lagos will still be relevant?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by PointB: 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
ilugunboy:

YOU ARE THE WORST IGBO ON NAIRALAND..!!

Says an ant to an Antelope!

Question is, does the Antelope worry about the ant's rants?
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by PointB: 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
Again!!

PointB: [size=28pt]IGBOS SHOULD NOT VOTE ACN IN 2015. I CAN'T SAY THIS LOUD ENOUGH![/size]
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by samkoro: 1:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
ilugunboy: Please can we have the exact percentage of Igbo ownership structure of Lagos.....

I keep hearing different figure...30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% even to a ridiculous level of 90%

What exactly do Igbo owns in term of landed properties

....but at the end of the going by C Of O, all land ultimately belongs to the govt.

U think like a 14th century nationalist.You will hope and go to ur grave,and no government will dash you another mans property.Why not mind your business instead of hoping to train ur kid with another mans property.Shameless gayy pig.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

INTERVIEW I Was Once In Prison With Obasanjo, Editors For Treason –shehu Sani / Return Government Vehicles In Your Custody In 48hrs - Makinde To Ajumobi Aides / PDP Reps Uncover Security Forces’ Plots To Invade NASS, Aid Leadership Ouster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.