Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator (45769 Views)

Scientist Invent Death Test That Tell Us How Long We Will Live / Urine-powered Generator Invented By Nigerians Girls / Harvard Students Invent Electricity Generating Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
valicious1: Unnecessary & highly embarassing invention from idle kids. So if we eventually allow women 2 rule this country this is the kinnda thrash they would be feeding us with. SMH.
you're a fool!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by afroxyz: 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
godstino: your problem is ENVY cos at their age u cudnt even switch on a GENERATOR and even at 40,u cnt still identify the constituents of urine talkless of using it to power a GEN..
NAIJA AND THEIR CRITICISM
No mind them. Myopic cows
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by afroxyz: 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
Ty207: watin all these small girls know about generator talk-less of inventing urine powered generator...
If at 14, you brain was still filled with sugar-cane chaff, please leave people who have got proper brains to use them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by kcsider: 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
Good Invention - na only female pee abi male pee follow de generate the electricity?
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Leadn(m): 1:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
This story is so not clear...

The generators are powered by Urine? Very cool! But how do they filter the urine as claimed? What's the source of power for the filtering process??
Do these young girls know much of organic chemistry, biochemistry and stuffs 'cos from the look of things they're still in ss2 or ss3.

I really don't know sha, buh anyways kudos to them...
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by 1800bc(f): 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
topsyking: RUBBISH invention....

Can anything good come out of this baskat!!!
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by chiteny(m): 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
a1solution: ITS A GOOD INVENTION BUT IT CAME LATE AS NIGERIANS WOULD BEGIN TO ENJOY UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY AS FROM THE FIRST QUARTER OF YEAR 2013. THEY SHOULD HURRY UP TO SELL THE FEW THEY CAN SELL WITHIN THE REMAINING TWO MONTHS TO 24/7 ELECTRICITY IN NIGERIA

Who says there will be uninterrupted power supply? Will it be in Nigeria or Ghana?
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Zico0(m): 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
In a week, it'll die down and we'll hear nothing of the girls nor the invention* whY is naija like this*
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by xynerise: 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
How much is the Generator? Hope dogs urine can power it too? grin
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by kruku: 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
IS THIS REPORT SPECIAL because URINE IS INVOLVED? THE WRITER SHOULD PLEASE TELL US THE EFFECT OF THIS FEUL ON THE ENGINE.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by maskid(m): 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2012

so we still have Punks in this forum?? pls can someone tell mi who this is?
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by maskid(m): 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
booqee: you're a fool!

dont waste words on the Animal......
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by kenono(m): 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
proffmanue: It's a good innovation but "what is the source of energy they used for electrolysis?"

Good question!! I don't think the carbon in Urine is enough to create such amount of energy. There is an additional professional help to this invention.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2012
Leadn: This story is so not clear...

The generators are powered by Urine? Very cool! But how do they filter the urine as claimed? What's the source of power for the filtering process??
Do these young girls know much of organic chemistry, biochemistry and stuffs 'cos from the look of things they're still in ss2 or ss3.

I really don't know sha, buh anyways kudos to them...

I don't believe it was completely their idea too. But well, if it is, That's Great.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by xynerise: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2012
Public toilet business activated cool
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Horus(m): 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
If you do not believe in their invention there is soon a chinese businessman who will steal their invention and reproduce it in China.
He will then build millions of urine powered generators Made in China and will sell them to Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by lagcity(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
from what i'm reading here, there's no reason why this gen should not work with water. there's really nothing special about the urine.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by bright007(f): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2012
godstino: your problem is ENVY cos at their age u cudnt even switch on a GENERATOR and even at 40,u cnt still identify the constituents of urine talkless of using it to power a GEN..
NAIJA AND THEIR CRITICISM
....Don't let me insult that ya K-legged albino father cos he didn't do me anything......
Its just a pity that many people are easily brainwashed to believe craps like this story....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by belhomme(m): 1:49pm On Nov 08, 2012
valicious1: Unnecessary & highly embarassing invention from idle kids. So if we eventually allow women 2 rule this country this is the kinnda thrash they would be feeding us with. SMH.

anoda word frm an average minded tinker!!!. poor u
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Femsyn(m): 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2012

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by andyanders: 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
Na only woman urine or man own fit work?
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by bright007(f): 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2012
booqee: blood of god! undecided Inferiority complex has has demented ur brain. So because some profs can't 'invent toothpick', dat means the upcoming generation can't do any better. Why do we think so low of our country nigeria?? If they're 14yr old nko?? No be d same brain wey God give steve jobs, and every oda inventors out dere, ee also gave dese girls?? Fine, there might be something fishy bout the story..infact it might not be a true one. But fact is, it isn't a strange tin for a 14yr old to invent such or even something more complex in nigeria. Hian! angry
...boobsqee or whatever you call yourself,I have always known that you did not attend classes when you were in pry school but don't know if you have turned a new leaf now that you are in secondary school....
Now listen attentively....I âm not doubting the theory nor the possibility of this invention but that these gurls are 14-15 years of age and are Nigerians....its either they lied about their age or they are not Nigerians..
A Nigerian at age 14-15 would still be in secondary school or just finished secondary school where theory and knowledge needed to bring about such an invention such as a urine-powered generator is far beyond their scope.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
Congrats Smart girls, I feel so proud my heart could burst. I am so happy that you have shown the rest that life and growing up is not about just being pretty and dumb and scavenging for wig and phone money.
These are the kind of girls I love and appreciate, those who have a brain and are not afraid to use it. Dont let anyone make you feel you are less than you are or you should be ashamed about being smart.
I am really happy
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by OkwaIfugo(m): 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
someone asking of the fourth girl?
anyway the answer is:
she went to gather more urine.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by valicious1(m): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
booqee: you're a fool!
May God strike u & ur useless family with everlasting leprosy & madness 4 calling your fada a fool.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by thelastPope(m): 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sounds like a great initiative but I have to admit that as a scientist, some things don't add up yet and sound too simplistic. I commend the girls for their initiative but I do have questions:

1. From the pictures, they are using a small i-pass-my-neighbour kind of generator. From what I see, they didn't invent a generator but a way to use urine to power it. I don't know if someone can clarify that please
2. If they are talking about using urine to power the generator, that in itself is still a great initiative but at least let's be clear on what it is exactly.

Here is a link on how to convert propane powered generators into using hydrogen as fuel

www.hydrogenappliances.com/generate.html

www.popularmechanics.com/_mobile/science/energy/next-generation/4199381

Sincerely, I do not think it is an invention but it is a great science initiative and exposing these kids to it as such an early age is great. But it is important we do not sensationalize these things.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by bintabybe(f): 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2012
Im imppress!
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by valicious1(m): 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2012
belhomme:

anoda word frm an average minded tinker!!!. poor u
Maybe if u weren't much of a reetarded thinker u would av been wise enough to see the sense in my post. Poor u.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by a1solution: 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
chiteny:

Who says there will be uninterrupted power supply? Will it be in Nigeria or Ghana?
The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Balkan(m): 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2012

Yoruba invention. I de laugh
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
Well thumbs up for dem but its not a new invention.this is clearly biogas electricty generation.my company has it mounted to a large turbine. undecidedWell thumbs up for dem but its not a new invention.this is clearly biogas electricty generation.my company has it mounted to a large turbine.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by kenono(m): 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
debrief08: Congrats Smart girls, I feel so proud my heart could burst. I am so happy that you have shown the rest that life and growing up is not about just being pretty and dumb and scavenging for wig and phone money.
These are the KIND OF GIRLs I LOVE and appreciate, those who have a brain and are not afraid to use it. Dont let anyone make you feel you are less than you are or you should be ashamed about being smart.
I am really happy

The list of "kind of girls you like is endless, why? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) / What's This Light Travelling In The Sky? (photo) / Residents Gather As Elephants Are Spotted In Kebbi. See What Happened. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.