Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (53539 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Go Down)

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 11:15pm On Nov 12, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-801338.64.html#bot

There has been a high response rate to the story above, based on the family's situation which has become quite critical.

A lot of Nairaland members have shown interest and would like to make contributions in various forms with money being the highest form.

The various contributions will help the family greatly and money will definitely help as this would help to rent them an apartment and feed the children especially.

Now we have had a number of other cases previously where members have to make monetary contributions to help other less privileged members and so as soon as we obtain the family's details we will ensure that we get it across.

With all this being said and based on the response rate along with various suggestions, we are considering the possibility of setting up a Nairaland Charity Org which will help cases like this.

Please indicate whether you are in support of and would like to be a part of this initiative by indicating YES OR NO below.

Please feel free to make additional suggestion.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
I am in favor of setting up a Nairaland Charity Org. Great idea to start this thread r231 !
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by coogar: 11:24pm On Nov 12, 2011
100% in support.
nairaland is too big a forum not to be doing something for the common man!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by nagoma(m): 11:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
I support. Noble idea.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
Count me in!

Any trademark issues?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by MrsChima1(f): 11:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
It is a nice idea.   kiss kiss
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by MrsChima1(f): 12:36am On Nov 13, 2011
I am in support of this. I suggest Nairaland contact a nonprofit global organization that specializes in cases similar to this.

They will set up a website where people can donate anonymously without identifying themselves because I think it will boost donation more than public donations in my opinion.

I suggest two trusted moderators establish themselves as a liason between Nairaland and global organization.

I have experiences in local, national, and global projects such as these and speaking from experience.

What do you guys think?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Odunnu: 1:08am On Nov 13, 2011
Twill be very nice.
Wish aisha2 were here
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 1:31am On Nov 13, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I am in support of this. I suggest Nairaland contact a nonprofit global organization that specializes in cases similar to this.

They will set up a website where people can donate anonymously without identifying themselves because I think it will boost donation more than public donations in my opinion.

I suggest two trusted moderators establish themselves as a liason between Nairaland and global organization.

I have experiences in local, national, and global projects such as these and speaking from experience.

What do you guys think?

Well said.

I wonder why Seun hasnt made a comment?
(he is NL)

So we can at least know which way we are facing.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 13, 2011
I'm IN!! smiley

so when, where, and how do we begin? smiley
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by MrsChima1(f): 1:49am On Nov 13, 2011
Hey people! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

I found an online school that teaches Certified nursing assistant. She can get her certificate in three months and join their alumni program which will help her find jobs in Nigeria.

I suggest husband start farming in his village until he is able to find gainful employment in the big cities.

From a medical perspective, the wife should consider Mirena which is IUD placed in her uterus to prevent pregnancies for five years. It is safe and doesn't require doctor visits unless she is having complications but according to my knowledge patients have minimal complaints about Mirena.

I agree with some chatters who said we need to provide solutions for other things instead of just giving them money. They need to be able to maintain income for survival and limit the amount of children until they are able to support them freely.

"You give them fish for a day and they come back for more. You teach them to fish, they are good for life"
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 13, 2011
Couldnt we just all give a donation to a trustworthy person who has ties or is in Lagos? Or someone going there? In this case, direct to the family as soon as possible?
Mrs, Chima:

What do you guys think?

This is good!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2011
I'm not against a Nairaland charity Org, but it should be done transparently , and these that will receive these help should also first show their readiness to help themselves. This must be the basic foundation of the Organisation.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by 195(f): 4:26am On Nov 14, 2011
Count me OUT undecided
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Shock(m): 4:47am On Nov 14, 2011
190_@:

Count me OUT undecided

what, you think we are stupid? we never considered you to begin with, why compound your problems when you could hardly feed yourself?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 5:11am On Nov 14, 2011
I made a suggestion, back in the family section on this topic. Seems "doable" to me
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Jencejyde(m): 10:09am On Nov 14, 2011
Good initiative! I'm in.

My fear is just how we would make sure that whatever is donated gets to the peoples intended.

Its a small world, and we all can never tell what the future holds for those whom we may be helping today.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Slyr0x: 10:17am On Nov 14, 2011
Shock:

what, you think we are silly? we never considered you to begin with, why compound your problems when you could hardly feed yourself?

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 14, 2011
Wonderful Idea, Just that a lot of policies need to be put in place for proper management of the funds, Cuz i would personally use EFCC to arrest U if u embezzle, lol grin
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 14, 2011
I am in.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by daywatcher: 10:30am On Nov 14, 2011
count me in
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by dinah777: 10:33am On Nov 14, 2011
Wonderful idea,I hope it will really go to reach out to the orphans and less priviledge and not like lots of the ones we have these days.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Woke4all(m): 10:44am On Nov 14, 2011
Online charity organisation? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Sholaf(f): 11:07am On Nov 14, 2011
Great idea!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 14, 2011
I see somebody needs a free cash, politics only is about to begin tongue
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 11:21am On Nov 14, 2011
190_@:

Count me OUT undecided

don't worry. . . . we understand you need help yourself

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 14, 2011
Nigerian org and money?

Yea, I dont think so.

Insult if you like.  lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 14, 2011
r231:

don't worry. . . . we understand you need help yourself
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 14, 2011
Free money cant me moon
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 14, 2011
Free money, count me Moon grin
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 14, 2011
190_@:

Count me OUT undecided
Shock:

what, you think we are silly? we never considered you to begin with, why compound your problems when you could hardly feed yourself?
LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by 27naira(m): 11:30am On Nov 14, 2011
Laudable idea! am in!

online charity org? NO!! (Nigeria and online and money = suspicion)

registered charity org with physical address? I'll be the first to draw my check.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25)

Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Lagos Children Beat Father Christmas That Showed Up Without Gifts (Video) / Meet President Jonathan's Look Alike. Smashing Resemblance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.