Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? (7924 Views)

Where Do You Draw The Line Of Unfaithfulness? / Anatomy Of Adultery/ Fornication - 15 Steps Of Unfaithfulness / What Will You Do If Your Man Calls Your Child A Product Of Unfaithfulness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2012
KINGwax: See, forget theories, there's no excuse for cheating. U cheat cos u wanna. Forget the human deficiency, or the blame-shifting syndrome common in humans. If u steal, it means u aint strong enough to overcome the temptation of doing it. If u don't, it's not dt it'll kill u!
There's more to life than sex, so forget d issue of my wife aint satisfying me or vise versa. There's an option of divorce which won't give u a tag..u don't have to do it wen in a relationship. For God's sake u knw him before u decided to say i do. And if it started after marriage, file for divorce.
I cheat a lot and i can't pin an excuse. It's shame if i do cos presently i knw my girlie aint dt perfect, why can't i jst drop her and look for another? And now dt i'm managing, she's staying. It'll be a fuckin shame if she cheats and hold a tag of me not meeting her needs as a factor! She can fuckin lay me off instead of fuckin around!
Like i said, cheating is jst in your blood even if u give a supposedly good excuse.
I cheat, i knw it's wrong, i wanna stop but i can't. I must admit dt i'm weak and stop thinkin i'm d man. So goes for u if u cheat. You're jes too fuckin weak to overcome d temptation. Get a life and stop your fuckin excuse!
i suspect u
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2012
KINGwax: See, forget theories, there's no excuse for cheating. U cheat cos u wanna. Forget the human deficiency, or the blame-shifting syndrome common in humans. If u steal, it means u aint strong enough to overcome the temptation of doing it. If u don't, it's not dt it'll kill u!
There's more to life than sex, so forget d issue of my wife aint satisfying me or vise versa. There's an option of divorce which won't give u a tag..u don't have to do it wen in a relationship. For God's sake u knw him before u decided to say i do. And if it started after marriage, file for divorce.
I cheat a lot and i can't pin an excuse. It's shame if i do cos presently i knw my girlie aint dt perfect, why can't i jst drop her and look for another? And now dt i'm managing, she's staying. It'll be a fuckin shame if she cheats and hold a tag of me not meeting her needs as a factor! She can fuckin lay me off instead of fuckin around!
Like i said, cheating is jst in your blood even if u give a supposedly good excuse.
I cheat, i knw it's wrong, i wanna stop but i can't. I must admit dt i'm weak and stop thinkin i'm d man. So goes for u if u cheat. You're jes too fuckin weak to overcome d temptation. Get a life and stop your fuckin excuse!
i gbadu ur comment. 100 likes
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by richfaxy: 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2012
1. lack of the fear of God and lack of respect for the marriage institution
2 Lack of communication
3. Greed
4. emotional disconnect
5. to get back at ones partner over something he/she did
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by Clemzy16(m): 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
Unfaithfullness is personal. When you're unfaithful for the first time it might be a mistake but when you do it the second time, It's not a mistake It's a choice.

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by baggy4luv(m): 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2012
Flesh and temptation
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by LeCoq: 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
most women cheat when they suffer from CCD - C o Ck Craving Disorder grin
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by Elise1: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2012

What a joke, not as simple as that.
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by 190theclown: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by Loveangel1(f): 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
xandy84: If you T.V. Is receiving one channel, you no go change am ni? Eating same food always does not make sense to me... People cheat because they want to change taste which is good thing to do....
Who is this one? Mtchewwwwwww
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by elewedu(m): 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
Variety is the spice of life...we go all go for change, especially wen we can afford one.
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Yo,
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS IN GENERAL TERMS
There are at least three broad forms of cheating viz:

Emotional
Physical
Emotional & Physical

You see a man is a very straightforward creature, if men were to be a programming language we would be a basic machine level language that understands just zeros and ones, a man does not need a valid reason to want to have sex with another woman aside from the fact that she looks "hot" on a very basic level. A man does not need to do any permutations and think is she good enough or is she smart enough? Maybe to have a real relationship or to settle down with yes he might consider that, but in a very basic and primal way a man is moved by what he sees. When it comes to physical cheating the man is suspect 9 out of 10 times.

Women on the other hand I think are more of emotional cheaters if and when they have to. Just like intercourse while a man mostly needs just friction to get "heavenly feelings" a woman needs many things and factors to be in place for her to leave a serious relationship such as marriage and cheat. Women by nature screen the men they get into bed with most of the time, men don't as much.

No amount of wishing away would change the fact that men will cheat regardless of what the stakes are, Bill Clinton, Arnold Schwarzenegger, JFK, Tiger Woods.........the list is endless. So for a man you need to look at when the physical cheating crosses into "emotional & physical" while for the woman when the emotional crosses into "physical & emotional" for the woman. There are also many other factors such as being lonely and lack of attention, etc which can drive either party to cheat.

My 50 cents.
Posts like this are the things that contribute to making life difficult for women.

I am female and I am not an emotional person and truth be told, I have known guys that exceeded even women when it came to displaying emotions, the whole belief about men being 'straightforward' creatures and women being emotional is just as a result of conditioning to believe that they are meant to act that way.

There are emotional men and there are emotional women.
There are straightforward men and there are straightforward women.

I can not even count the number of times I have seen men flip out and overreact over things that I (a female) would over-look or rationally analyze.

And then you come with the 'men-will-always-cheat' mantra which guys that lack self-control over their libidos are fond of reciting.

Men will not always cheat; some men will always cheat and some women will always cheat. Different men have come on this forum a number of times to correct that myth and state that they are happy with their wives and wish to remain faithful to them. Time and time again they have said this, that rubbish about men always cheating because they can't help themselves is a myth that is perpetuated by men that have no respect for the sanctity of marriage or have no respect for their wives and men that don't want to control their sexual urges and improve on their marriages, instead they want to run off and sleep with everything under the sun because society has given them a free pass.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by catchcold1(m): 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2012
I think is because sum peolple dont understand why dey are getting married in d first place...social media,arranged marriage,ageing,ignorance,wrong doctrination,self centeredness,...etc.these are sum of d tins to blame. To overcome being unfaithful...uv gat to sacrifice sumtin or evritin.Its not easy,its like tryn to make heaven.
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by dnawah(m): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2012
When u married blindly,when u r posseded with the spirit of fornication or it could be inherited.
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by searay(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
The true cause of unfaithful is the "UN" that is in "FAITHFULNESS"
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
love and lust are biological and chemical reactions after six months these feelings subdue..scientific fact,ask google,it never last,happily ever after is a fairy tale
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by dimcee(f): 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2012
Devil
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
dimcee: Devil
must u blame devil for eveything?
devil don tire the way una dey accuse am ooo
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by olajide8(m): 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
To some its just a way of life
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by AroOkigbo(m): 6:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
Exponental: Over experience!
You have a point there. The youth no longer live by the tenets of their religion. There is no longer any iota of "fear of God".
There is TOO MUCH SEX before marriage among the youths.
As someone rightly said in one thread, SEX IS NOT A MERE PHYSICAL EXCERCISE, IT IS MORE SPIRITUAL.
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by MOBBDEEP: 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
How many of us can recollect in Basic Chemistry the Law of Matter which states that atoms/elements/matters tend to naturally maintain negative entropic state ( which can be likened to hedonistic/disorganized/immoral/unprincipled life ) !

Most of what the contributors have said are true but they are small pieces of the large picture.
I have been racking my brain for agelong trying to understand the science behind love & faithfulness/infidelity. Infidelity, I came up with something but love seems undecipherable.

A natural man(woman inclusive) is wild & given to seeking pleasures while also avoiding pains ( which even also forms the basis for some spiritualists who want to go to heaven & avoid the pain/torment of hell )

It is well known that one of the most pleasurable activities is sex. Hence, all men in a natural state will want to sample as much pleasures as possible which is why sex with 2 different people can never feel same, except we are deceiving ourselves. But that is in a NATURAL state.

In order to maintain a state of orderliness (which is similar to a honourable, moral, just, principled life), which in Science World is called Positive Entropic State, a force has to be applied.
This force comes in the garb of Moral Training, Societal Norms & Values, Parental & Family Influence, Religious Beliefs & Reins, Peer Influence, Uniqueness of Individual's Personality etc.
The extent to which these factors rub on each individual accounts for the differences in the cheating/infidelity profile of all humans.

I actually do not agree that women's cheating pattern is different from men's, as suggested by a contributor above.
I have seen with jolting shocks, the impunity with which some women jump into different men's bed, and I can say it is not different from the pattern of an average man. It is just that an average woman can pretend & it is difficult to root their mind.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by pcwhiz(m): 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2012
MOBBDEEP: How many of us can recollect in Basic Chemistry the Law of Matter which states that atoms/elements/matters tend to naturally maintain negative entropic state ( which can be likened to hedonistic/disorganized/immoral/unprincipled life ) !

Most of what the contributors have said are true but they are small pieces of the large picture.
I have been racking my brain for agelong trying to understand the science behind love & faithfulness/infidelity. Infidelity, I came up with something but love seems undecipherable.

A natural man(woman inclusive) is wild & given to seeking pleasures while also avoiding pains ( which even also forms the basis for some spiritualists who want to go to heaven & avoid the pain/torment of hell )

It is well known that one of the most pleasurable activities is sex. Hence, all men in a natural state will want to sample as much pleasures as possible which is why sex with 2 different people can never feel same, except we are deceiving ourselves. But that is in a NATURAL state.

In order to maintain a state of orderliness (which is similar to a honourable, moral, just, principled life), which in Science World is called Positive Entropic State, a force has to be applied.
This force comes in the garb of Moral Training, Societal Norms & Values, Parental & Family Influence, Religious Beliefs & Reins, Peer Influence, Uniqueness of Individual's Personality etc.
The extent to which these factors rub on each individual accounts for the differences in the cheating/infidelity profile of all humans.

I actually do not agree that women's cheating pattern is different from men's, as suggested by a contributor above.
I have seen with jolting shocks, the impunity with which some women jump into different men's bed, and I can say it is not different from the pattern of an average man. It is just that an average woman can pretend & it is difficult to root their mind.
gbam!, u don hit am for the head

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by awuf2008: 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
1. money issue
2. inability to satisfy one another
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by fairygeh(f): 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
Basically,the main cause of unfaithfulness is greed,when u re never satisfied with what u have.

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 12, 2012
jhydebaba: Variety is the spice of life even the holy book confirms it "man shall not live by bread alone..."
u need to pay more attention in sunday school.
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by 5much(m): 2:46am On Nov 12, 2012
fairygeh: Basically,the main cause of unfaithfulness is greed,when u re never satisfied with what u have.
gbam
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by manugbo(m): 5:05am On Nov 12, 2012
xandy84: If you T.V. Is receiving one channel, you no go change am ni? Eating same food always does not make sense to me... People cheat because they want to change taste which is good thing to do....

THIS SPIRIT OF ADULTERY IN U I CAST IT OUT IN JESUS NAME

eyah! i just dey pity that unlucky woman
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by manugbo(m): 5:13am On Nov 12, 2012
the problem is that people that call themselves christains dont even read their bible. infact they are very far from christ-like

u being alive each day is an opportunity to reconcile and have a good relationship with God AND MAN

SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE NO ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION" WHY IM I CREATED"
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by True2myself24(f): 5:20am On Nov 12, 2012
Selfishness.
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by jevic(m): 7:52am On Nov 12, 2012
Poor communication is the major cause.
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by princemedico: 8:28am On Nov 12, 2012
I love when people say the truth no matter how it affects them. May God help you to cheating.
The truth remains that if cheating is not a part of you, you can easily overcome it when it comes on your door knocking.
Re: What Is The True Cause Of Unfaithfulness? by Dalby(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2012
Greed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When U Ask A Muslim Girl For Nudes / See The Viral Photo Of A Nigerian Man & His Banana That Got People Talking / When You Ask A Girl/woman Over To Your Place:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.