Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? (26094 Views)

Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays / Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man In Ibadan / Why Do Pentecostal Pastors Prefer Expensive things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by sagytariusTM1: 11:47am On Jan 13, 2013
Builder:
Oyemachara ratatatata buyashaga toto bamangatuko. i rebuke evil... make i go piss i dey come
Go piss come o! We must Cast and bind them all.
skrotus skrotus skrotus rotundata. Oh ray ba ba ba ba babagana kingibe.
Somebody shout Alaluya!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by 222Martins(m): 11:47am On Jan 13, 2013
Most people believe shaking of the head is a sign of being violent in the spirit. After all, the kingdom of God suffereth violence and only the violent shall take it by force.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Originalsly: 11:49am On Jan 13, 2013
goodmike7: What is your business fool,idiot,why can't you people mind your business and leave christians or pentecostal churches alone,when muslims lick the floor and scrape their forehead everyday do we ask why

Get a life and mind your business,if you can't pray like that then keep your mouth shut while others pray however they choose.
The brother is in the dark on this matter and is asking for light....and here you are dishing out insults. Is this how you edify people? If you are one of the headshakers but can't explain then you should be the one to keep your trap shut.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Ocfreedom(m): 11:53am On Jan 13, 2013
There some things we might nt hav answers to now.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Richieboyn: 11:53am On Jan 13, 2013
LOL
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Ocfreedom(m): 11:57am On Jan 13, 2013
Dia re things we dont hav answers to
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by pat077: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2013
@op, what do u have to say about muslims usin their head to fu*ck d floor?
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Vlyrics: 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
The pastor tells u 'u ar in a battle, warfare' d devil is in trouble... So dey use energy to pray... Gra gra christians... Dats y i love christ embassy... Simple prayers!
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Pangea: 12:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
I get more amazed daily at the ignorance of many dumb cret.ins posing as Mr. Know All on nairaland
Many just use their good for nothing hands to type rubbish, inviting more sorrow into their lives, what makes me mad is the fact that many of these people are professing that they are christians or from such homes. Its rare to find a muslim attacking any facet of their mode of worship but these omo ale will always find something rotten to write about their faith!
To the topic,
Prayer is an expression of the soul trying to contact its maker, its a way of communicating with the spiritual, its a cry for help from above.
There are many instances and inferences in the bible where passionate prayers were demonstrated and which you may call getting physical with prayers:

Jesus was praying in the garden of Gethsemane for the cup to go over him and the bible recorded that his sweat was as thick as blood,such prayers are not ordinary, it must have been physical for him to be sweating like that in an open and cold garden before dawn.

Another example is Elijah, after the bloody power play with the prophets of Baal on mount carmel,
He wanted to pray for rain and the bible recorded that he sat on the ground and put his head between his laps to pray!
I'm sure many on Nairaland seeing such prayers would have called him mad, but Elijah prayed such acrobatic prayers and got results.

No wonder unusual things are no longer working with prayers again, because many new generation christians always attack what they don't understand.
I rest my case!

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by tintingz(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2013
goodmike7: What is your business fool,idiot,why can't you people mind your business and leave christians or pentecostal churches alone,when muslims lick the floor and scrape their forehead everyday do we ask why

Get a life and mind your business,if you can't pray like that then keep your mouth shut while others pray however they choose.
Why cant you answer the op instead of puting muslims into this...muslims know why they bow to God giving Quran scriptures to backup...buh why do christians shake their head violently while praying to God I notice this too...
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by aijazNija: 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
Stupid question!!!
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by seuntola: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Revolva(m): 12:29pm On Jan 13, 2013
:odo observe it shaking heads unconsiously and some may even start throwin punches and clapping their hand thunderously ...casting and binding -- who? Devil !! Haha ask them can they cast devil if they see the devil in real life..nonsense!!!!
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by moneyhungry(m): 12:30pm On Jan 13, 2013
its fun to watch d girls shake their as.s while doing d vibration prayer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by ecosanders: 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2013

why bringing muslims in2 dis, abi oloriburuku nie ni? Go and tak ur drugs ok? And dnt come out til i ask u 2 ok. Shege!
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by chreldb(m): 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2013
sagytarius™:
Go piss come o! We must Cast and bind them all.
skrotus skrotus skrotus rotundata. Oh ray ba ba ba ba babagana kingibe.
Somebody shout Alaluya!!!

Na craze de worry you grin.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by adedejisy: 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2013
It concern you...
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 13, 2013
It is called Irritability ; Living things move
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Emylexray(m): 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
dnawah: Is not all ok,and those that do that are on they own.have u ever seen any of the top pastors do that?christianity get levels ok
how do you know those "top pastors" don't do so? Do you live with them in their house? Abeg its not a must you comment!
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by hidenconyo(m): 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2013
money-hungry :
its fun to watch d girls shake their as.s while doing d vibration prayer.
This post refused to hide
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Emylexray(m): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
Pangea: I get more amazed daily at the ignorance of many dumb cret.ins posing as Mr. Know All on nairaland
Many just use their good for nothing hands to type rubbish, inviting more sorrow into their lives, what makes me mad is the fact that many of these people are professing that they are christians or from such homes. Its rare to find a muslim attacking any facet of their mode of worship but these omo ale will always find something rotten to write about their faith!
To the topic,
Prayer is an expression of the soul trying to contact its maker, its a way of communicating with the spiritual, its a cry for help from above.
There are many instances and inferences in the bible where passionate prayers were demonstrated and which you may call getting physical with prayers:

Jesus was praying in the garden of Gethsemane for the cup to go over him and the bible recorded that his sweat was as thick as blood,such prayers are not ordinary, it must have been physical for him to be sweating like that in an open and cold garden before dawn.

Another example is Elijah, after the bloody power play with the prophets of Baal on mount carmel,
He wanted to pray for rain and the bible recorded that he sat on the ground and put his head between his laps to pray!
I'm sure many on Nairaland seeing such prayers would have called him mad, but Elijah prayed such acrobatic prayers and got results.

No wonders unusual things are no longer working with prayers again, because many new generation christians always attack what they don't understand.
I rest my case!
God bless you a million times sir,

"the carnal man can never understand the things of the spirit!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Joythah(m): 12:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
V-lyrics:
The pastor tells u 'u ar in a battle, warfare' d devil is in trouble... So dey use energy to pray... Gra gra christians... Dats y i love christ embassy... Simple prayers!
simple prayers with half nude women. I love that church.wonder what would happen if they begin to shake their bodies while praying

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by goodmike7: 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
Pangea: I get more amazed daily at the ignorance of many dumb cret.ins posing as Mr. Know All on nairaland
To the topic,

No wonders unusual things are no longer working with prayers again, because many new generation christians always attack what they don't understand.
I rest my case!

Word!!!!
The worst part is that the op is a christian. Smh. Giving unbelievers room to question your faith...oma se oo
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
Atleast we have never had dat a christians head fell off while vigorously shaking his head in prayer, but it's comon 2 see u muslims with dat horible black patch on ur 4heads cos u usualy headboot dirty floor.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Iaz93: 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
My people perish for lack of knowledge. . .SMH!
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Emylexray(m): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
Goshen360: ...because they are being religious. I don't understand when 'some' Christians turned themselves to lizard shaking their head nonstop. That isn't a requirement or assurance to answered prayers.
haaa! Oga goshen! You too!

I have always respected you for your sound knowledge of the Bible and your unbiased way of addressing religious matters, but this comment of yours depicts how "unspiritual" you are bro. What happened to warfare prayers?

Genesis 32 vs 24 : and jacob was left alone and there "wrestled" a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25. And when he saw that he pravailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh. . .AS HE WRESTLED WITH HIM.

In the above bible verses, Jacob wrestled with an angel in prayers. "Wrestled" in that context connotes "violence". So what are we saying? Shaking the head while praying indicates violence or "holy anger" as some may term it. Na wa o!
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 1:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
executinal: As a result of transformation from human form to spiritual realm. @OP have you being baptised in the holy-ghost? Once you are baptised, alot happens during prayer.

Does That Means Shaking Of Head Vigourously Is Part Of Praying.

BTW: When You're Talking To Your Dad Do You Shake Your Head?
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Mayowura: 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2013
Matt. 11:12. Answers it. Without having an aggressive prayer life, some spiritual battle can't be won.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2013
Problem get grade.Kneeling while praying might cause some to sleep so being kinetic can increase the efficacy of 1s prayer.Shaking the head will keep him alive so let him seek God for himself.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Mayowura: 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
Emylexray:
haaa! Oga goshen! You too!

I have always respected you for your sound knowledge of the Bible and your unbiased way of addressing religious matters, but this comment of yours depicts how "unspiritual" you are bro. What happened to warfare prayers?

Genesis 32 vs 24 : and jacob was left alone and there "wrestled" a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25. And when he saw that he pravailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh. . .AS HE WRESTLED WITH HIM.

In the above bible verses, Jacob wrestled with an angel in prayers. "Wrestled" in that context connotes "violence". So what are we saying? Shaking the head while praying indicates violence or "holy anger" as some may term it. Na wa o!
1000000000 likes
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Rapmoney(m): 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2013
Dem dey practise how to become future rockstars...
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by quart: 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2013
Luke 22:44 "And being in agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground." I guess this sound like one praying with mouth almost shut and no shaking at all.Should u find it difficult to pray like that pray like it gratifies you. Be it hallucination or vision just don't judge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burial Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting (Photos) / Seven Spots Satan Easily Entrap Christian Youths / If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.