Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? (26097 Views)

Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays / Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man In Ibadan / Why Do Pentecostal Pastors Prefer Expensive things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Rychaz(m): 8:24am On Jan 14, 2013
executinal: As a result of transformation from human form to spiritual realm. @OP have you being baptised in the holy-ghost? Once you are baptised, alot happens during prayer.
wats D̶̲̥̅̊ meanin of holy ghost?
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by tbaba1234: 9:06am On Jan 14, 2013
goodmike7: What is your business fool,idiot,why can't you people mind your business and leave christians or pentecostal churches alone,when muslims lick the floor and scrape their forehead everyday do we ask why???

Get a life and mind your business,if you can't pray like that then keep your mouth shut while others pray however they choose.

I don't know why you brought muslims into this but let's look at people that have in your words "licked the floor and scraped their forehead" in worshipping God according to your scripture.

"And he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed..."-(MATTHEW 26:39).

"And Joshua[b] fell on his face to the earth, and did worship[/b]..."-(JOSHUA 5:14).

And he (Elijah) cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees."-(1 KINGS 18:42).

"And they (Moses and Aaron) fell upon their faces..."-(NUMBERS 20:6).

"And Abraham fell on his face..."-(GENESIS 17:3).

Do not insult a noble way of worship practised by great men of God because of your dislike or hatred for muslims.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Naijapikin1: 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2013
question should be why do orthodox churches sit and pray like "sigidi"?......... [psition no matter. gods signal are enuff to pik ur reciever frm heaven. shikenan.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Pangea: 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
@Goshen
I know your type, no amount of scripture I quote can change your mind, imagine discountenancing the prayers of Elijah?
Even if I quote all the relevant scriptures, you will still be running around it like an headless chicken.
You are what Timothy refers to as "ever learning but not able to come to the knowledge of truth"
You believe you know everything, abi?
Anyway, to everyman his own!
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
V-lyrics:
The pastor tells u 'u ar in a battle, warfare' d devil is in trouble... So dey use energy to pray... Gra gra christians... Dats y i love christ embassy... Simple prayers!
Whether the pastor tells you or not you are always battling with life everyday except you are not alive. Stop being naive and deceiving yourself or your pastor deceiving you that there is no battle in your life.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Uchwilliam(m): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
They demostrate their protestant(protest) nature even in thier prayers(shaking of head)
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
Uchwilliam: They demostrate their protestant(protest) nature even in thier prayers(shaking of head)
and u display your ignorance by replying
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by engineerkufre(m): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
The funny thing is some of these people who are castigating those who "shake" do the same follow-follow every Sunday.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by skak(m): 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
Let me say it once again; this head shaking na new version ALANTA dance. Oh come on oh! lets rock n roll, party de on church wo!... i no go wait for another sunday! #laugh mode activated#
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by BetaThings: 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
goodmike7: What is your business fool,idiot,

Mathew 5 : 22 Whoever calls another a fool will go into hellfire

goodmike7:
why can't you people mind your business and leave christians or pentecostal churches alone,when muslims lick the floor and scrape their forehead everyday do we ask why

Get a life and mind your business,if you can't pray like that then keep your mouth shut while others pray however they choose.

1. I can see that you are minding your business
2. Nehemiah 8:4-6

Ezra the teacher of the Law stood on a high wooden platform built for the occasion. Beside him on his right stood Mattithiah, Shema, Anaiah, Uriah, Hilkiah and Maaseiah; and on his left were Pedaiah, Mishael, Malkijah, Hashum, Hashbaddanah, Zechariah and Meshullam.

Ezra opened the book. All the people could see him because he was standing above them; and as he opened it, the people all stood up.

Ezra praised the Lord, the great God; and all the people lifted their hands and responded, “Amen! Amen!” Then they bowed down and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seven Spots Satan Easily Entrap Christian Youths / If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It / Orji Orizu Sues Reverend-Father Chilaka For N5bn Over Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.