Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

10thTenthMan's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 10thTenthMan's Profile / 10thTenthMan's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

Celebrities / Re: Marrying A Lady You Met As A Virgin Doesn’t Guarantee Peace”israel DMW Opens Up by 10thTenthMan: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
It is only desirable.

Doesn’t really mean much other than the fact that we believe she will have better control of her libido and value chastity and faithfulness. It is generally believed that a woman who marries as a virgin has better chance to control or her sexual urges and will stick to one man. This might generally be the case, but there are many exceptions as well. Imagine someone starved from eating sweets from childhood and then allowed to do so at an older age. The person will either find them too sweet and control the urge to have them, or the person will simply go on a crazy binge and say it this what I have been missing ?

Eventually we do not know what is dealt us. We aren’t omniscient so we do not know what our Virgin Wives will do. There are also few cases where the virginity was by circumstances. In such cases, the woman was NOT TEMPTED ENOUGH. Then She marries, gets exposed and finds herself in very tough seductive situations. In such instance, there is a high chance she falls, thighs wide open. Such women if wooed by men who know how to seduce women, they won’t even know when they will fall for such a man.

And some of us men never open our mouths to tell you to go out with us or propose a relationship directly. We woo you silently that you think of us when you are alone on your own. We execute secretly and quietly, through tiny actions, innuendos, words, fractionation, body language, etc It is so bad that the target whether married, single, mummy G.O., a convent Nun, a virgin, the Presidents Daughter a Mature woman in her 40s, 50s, etc. none of those nonsense will matter. The Only way to be safe is not to allow yourself around us at all.

So in general we know it is not always the case. Virgins do not necessarily always make good mothers, wives, or spouses in terms of Chastity, faithfulness, sense of accountability, domestic skills and capabilities, etc.

But let me state this here and now that Nonetheless, being chaste is a good thing for women. Don’t risk your life having sex and getting pregnant for a man who doesn’t care about you. Men will always see all other women as trophies unless the one they have married to at home. For your own peace of mind, keep your female legs closed till marriage. I will still preach this till the end of time . If you want to compete with men in immorality , all that you will do is totally devalue and cheapen yourself and the consequences might be high.

I know it sounds like double standards. And actually it is-the world isn’t fair, Deal with it. But note that for your own sanity, image, peace of mind and as a risk avoidance strategy, keep your tiny or thick legs closed. Don’t go competing with men on who is the biggest LovePeddler and who can be unfaithful. Remove that stupid thinking that if your husband or boyfriend sleeps around you too will. Because secretly that is what men pray for. That all women become sluts apart from their daughters, sisters and mothers. Men reason and pray that women are free to have unhinged sex so that they can enjoy themselves.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Travel / Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by 10thTenthMan: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

Well from my own experience oo, Nigerians or Japarians are hardworking and not lazy

Pakistani, Indian, Lebanese, Arab, comiunity would gather together to socialize, help themselves, intermarry, network

Nigerian neighbors won't even great themselves

One time our philipino HR back then needed, workers, overseas ... see as Pakistani, Indian were submiting CV for there people, we Nigerians submit nada, no help, we still dey survive

Let me lend my voice and say what I experienced and what I was told by a couple of new comers I met:

NIGERIANS MAY NOT BE LAZY, BUT:

NO OTHER NATIONALITY HATES THEMSELVES AND COMPETE NEGATIVELY AND UNHEALTHILY AGAINST THEMSELVES AS NIGERIANS DO.

NONE!

Now let me make a disclaimer. The primary purpose of Japa is not to go and hangout with your country men. No. So whether Nigerians unite or not, face your purpose of relocating abroad, please.

Nigerians in the UK might be crazy and noisy and jaiye jaiye o. But I bet you when you get to Canada you might envy Nigerians in the UK and their mostly scandalous life style. From what I saw/experienced when I visited and what I was told, NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST DISUNITED NATIONALITY IN CANADA. A foreign land where they break themselves into regions, ethnic groups, tribes, villages, etc. And that is even only online. It stops online. Na only to go picnic for June/July dem sabi. They will never discuss and tell you positive things and information to give you progress as a fellow Nigerian and especially if you are a newcomer. Instead na Scam, MMM, get rich quick schemes, and how to get you entrenched in debt like most of them are, that they focus on. They are like the sluts who are jealous of, envious of, and shame the virgin and goad her into having sex so that she becomes like them.

Take Saskatoon Canada for example. Every weekend you will see Indians gather. It was so refreshing and adorable. As I strolled with the people I went to Visit on Holidays I saw Asians gather for grills and cookouts especially during summer. As you walk in the evening you will see Arabs gathered in the house of one Arab or another. I was told they usually rotate it from family to family. The children are playing. The Men are discussing, hopefully progressive things. The women are talking hopefully about how to make their families comfortable and all that. They are having a good time. They associate and push for progress of their countrymen. They are eating, drinking, and the families interact.

Nigerians will see a fellow Nigerian and will not respond to a “good morning”. A Nigerian will pass by a Nigerian speaking Yoruba and will not even acknowledge one another. Na Oyibo instead Dey respond with a “Hi” and smiles and asking you where you are from and telling you how to prepare for winter.

The Nigerians WhatsApp groups is broken into Tribes. Na only how to sell hair and kulikuli dem sabi. Ask them questions on something serious and one week nobody don respond. Then they foolishly tell you to pay membership dues. Bunch of rogues, the most of them, anywhere they are.

The biggest a Nigerian will do for you is to fight with other Nigerians in dragging you to their Church as a new comer. Those who just arrived have real challenges. Not church. Church isn’t the problem of a new comer in Canada. Some of you will say “maybe in church they will provide information and assistance to solve your problems”. Haha Dey Play. Na LIE. Big Lie. Once they close, they all disperse. Then Friday the same person is asking if you are coming to church. Oga/Madam, to hell with you and your church. I have things to tick off. From SIM to SIN to Bank Account Opening to getting a bus card to getting long term accommodation, to registering kids for school, to knowing where to shop for what, to health insurance to claiming the benefits for kids, etc. Settling down is the problem of a new comer. Not church. And NO. The churches don’t help. And then when you attend the church what do you see? Classism. Groups and cliques. It is so bad that even their kids no the kids of other people they shouldn’t play with. Gossiping. Looking at who came with the best car. A Nigerian told a new comer not to get accommodation in an area of Saskatoon because there are too many Nigerians living in that neighborhood. Questions were asked that is the crime rate high? No. Is the neighborhood dilapidated or rundown? No, it is even one of the best. Do the Nigerians create trouble or fight or steal each others wives and husbands or something? No. The only reason is that there are too many Nigerians there! What manner of people are we?

Nigerians who just arrived get more information about settling down FROM INDIAN AND ASIAN UBER DRIVERS! Yes. A Nigerian Uber Driver even refused to acknowledge he is Nigerian till her overheard my discussions, knew the industry I work in and realized I did not come to Canada to Beg. He realized that for this guy to get an UberXL he obviously isn’t broke. Meanwhile I had seen his name on the App and he had seen mine.

You see a Nigerian in a thrift store, the moment you say Hello, they reluctantly respond . This is someone you probably saw somewhere and has been pointed out to you. Nigerians Dey shame to greet fellow Nigerians for thrift store. Oga there is no need for this big man attitude or to Dey hide and Dey shame make people no know say you Dey go Value Village. Nigerians are just one funny set of people.

Self expression, social interaction and a network of country men to socialize with is important. But many new comers quickly give up on it and realize the horrible snobbish attitudes of Nigerians. They adopt the same “make everybody Dey him house” attitude and the cycle continues.

Finally, it is known that as per foreigners in many Canadian Provinces you have Nigerians, Arabs, Asians, and Indians/Pakistanis. These other groups unite so well. They even influence elections and present candidates as Council Members. And they win. They can do this due to the Unity and Common sense of purpose they have. Nigerians will have serious issues in this regard. Jealousy, envy, unhealthy and very sick and wicked spirit of competition will not allow them achieve administrative strength and political power in these Provinces and cities in Canada.

4 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Aviation Authorities To Demolish 7,000 Telecom Masts by 10thTenthMan: 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2023
Asset Loss
Education / Re: Madonna University Student Expelled For Joining 'Ceiling Challenge' (Video) by 10thTenthMan: 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2023
DatoDatuk:
Madonna University student gets expelled for joining viral ceiling challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0MVBt_HonQ&pp=ygUJZGF0b2RhdHVr

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czb405boQSW/?igshid=MWN1d25vNW1henlwOQ==

These children no go kill person. At all.

smiley
Career / Re: Only 20 Out Of 85 Directors Passed Perm Sec Promotion Exams by 10thTenthMan: 10:03am On Nov 08, 2023
LET US SEE THEIR SCORES.

NEVER TRUST THE NIGERIAN CIVIL SERVICE WITH THINGS LIKE RECRUITMENT OR PROMOTION EXAMS.

THE SAME THING WITH PTDF SCHOLARHSIP AND OTHER GOVERNMENT EXAMS AND SELECTION PROCEDURES. AS A MATTER OF FACT, THE PTDF OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP AND ALL PROMOTION EXAMS IN THE CIVIL SERVICE NEED TO BE INVESTIGAED BY THE EFCC AND ICPC.

IT IS WHICH EVER NAME THEY PUBLISH THAT YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT. MEANING THEY CAN AND THEY DO INFLUENCE AND REMOVE NAMES AND ADD NAMES TO THE LIST WITH IMPUNITY. ALMOST 100% .

THIS WOMAN SUSPECTED TO COLLECT BRIBES FOR ILLEGAL, CLOSED-DOOR RECERUITMENT IS EXPECTING THAT I TRUST HER LIST? HOW CAN I TRUST WHAT SHE SAYS. HOW ARE WE SURE SOME OF THOSE WHO PASSED ARE NOT GODSONS AND STOOGIES OF TOP POLITCIANS? HOW ARE WE SURE THEY DID NOT PROMISE PART OF THEIR ALLOWANCES AS PAYMENT FOR PROMOTION? WE KNOW HOW PROMOTIONS ARE SOLD AND UP FOR GRABS IN THE CIVIL SERVICE.

IF YOU ARE NOT CLOSE TO THE CIVIL SERVICE, YOU WILL NOT KNOW THE ROT. IT IS A BIG SHAME.

I KNOW A LOT OF GUYS IN THE CIVIL SERVICE ARE DUMB PEOPLE. HOWEVER, I ALSO DO NOT TRUST THIS WOMAN.

MAKE THE RESULTS PUBLIC. REMOVE THE SYSTEM WHERE THE FINAL LIST IS PUBLISHED BY YOU WITHOUT THE ABILITY FOR PEOPLE TO KNOW THEIR SCORES. IF POSSIBLE, MAKE IT THE EXAMS AND RESULTS DIGITIAL AND IMMEDIATE.

LET PEOPLE SEE THEIR RESULTS IMMEDIATELY.

4 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Tinubu Appoints Three New NUPRC Executive Commissioners by 10thTenthMan: 7:10am On Nov 08, 2023
THOSE WHO AUTHORED THE PIA THAT WAS EVENTUALLY PASSED AND SIGNED BY BUHARI REALLY CAPITALIZED ON THE DUMBNESS OF THAT ADMINISTRATION.

THEY CREATED ROOM FOR MAKING APPOINTEES AS THEIR ''BOYS'' WHO WILL GIVE THEM CONTRACTS AND OWE THEM FAVOURS. THE APPOINMENT PHILOSOPHY OF THE PIA FOR NUPRC AND NMDPRA IS SUCH A SHAME. WHERE DUMB POLITICIANS WITH INFLUENCE CAN GET APPOINTED INTO SERIOUS TECHNICAL ORGANIZATIONS AS THE NUPRC.

PLEASE REMOVE

1. THE ENTIRE BOARD

2. THE CCE

3. THE ENTIRE EC'S (PERHAPS APART FROM DR OFOEGBU WHO, DESPITE THE FRAUD CLAIMS, SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY MATURE AND SENSIBLE PERSON THERE)

4. THE CCE LEGAL ADVISER (SHE IS A POORLY MANNERED PERSON THAT LACKS RESPECT AND HAS ASSISTED THE IMPUNITY BY THE LEADERSHIP OF THAT ORGANIZATION.) HOW THS PERSON BECAME A LAWYER STILL BEATS THE IMAGINATION OF LAWYERS LIKE US.

5. AS A MATTER OF FACT, AMMEND THE ENTIRE GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE FOR THE NUPRC AND NMDPRA IN THE PIA 2021.

-THESE COMMISSIONERS AND APPOINTEES:

-THEY MADE A MESS OF THE PIA IMPLEMENTATION

-ARE MORE ABOUTWHAT THEY CAN STEAL FROM THE COMMISSION

-BROUGHT UP DRACONIAN POLICIES LIKE THEY WERE ADMINISTERING SLAVES AND NOT HUMANS.

-THEIR MAJOR FOCUS WAS GIVING OUT FAKE CONTRACTS TO KPMG, PWC, TO PRODUCE DOCUMENTS THAT ARE ONLY GOOD TO SHOW AS EXAMPLES FOR MAKING NICE GRAPHICS IN POWER POINT. NO SUBSTANCE AND NO DEPTH.

-BUYIGN PRIVATE JET;

-CONDUCTING A FLAWED AND ILLEGAL SECRET RECRUITMENT;

-CONDUCTING TRANSFERS WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING HOW THE ORGANIZATION OPERATES

- USIGN TRANSFERS AS PUNITIVE MEASURES TO PUNISH WHOEVER DOES NOT AGREE WITH THEIR STEALING PLANS

-ISSUES OF SEXUAL HARRSSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE;

-PLANNING AND FORCEFULLY IMPLEMENTING STRATEGIES ON HOW TO STEAL HOST COMMUNITY DEVELEOPMENT TRUST (HCDT) FUND MONIES.

-NON-REMITTANCE OF PENSIONS

-NEVER EXPERIENCED DELAYS IN PAYMET OF STAFF ALLOWANCES

-NEVER EXPERIENCED DELAYS IN PAYMENT OF BENEFITS OF RETIRING STAFF

-AND SO ON AND SO FORTH.

https://punchng.com/strike-nuprc-counters-pengassan-over-pension-remittance/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/upstream-operations-under-threat-as-nuprc-worker-shut-down-offices-nationwide/

NOW AFTER YOU REMOVE THEM. CARRY OUT A SERIOUS INVESTIGATION OF THAT COMMISSION. FINANCIAL AUDITS AND ABUSE OF OFFICE. FEEZE ACCOUNTS AND RETURN ALL MONIES BACK TO THE FG.

Politics / Re: Niger State Demands 13% Derivation From Oil Revenue; Threatens To Shut Kanji Dam by 10thTenthMan: 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
THE ONLY THING KEEPING NIGERIA TOGETHER IS THE MONEY THAT IS SHARED, STOLEN AND EMBEZZLED.

CORRUPTION IS WHAT IS KEEPING NIGERIA TOGETHER.

ONCE THERE IS NO MONEY LEFT TO LOOT, SHARE AND STEAL, NIGERIA WILL BE A WAR ZONE.

IT WILL COLLAPSE.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by 10thTenthMan: 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
Roger3D:
I attended university at about the same time as you and the highest tuition fee I ever paid was about 7k. In 1999 it was just about N1,300

Thank you jare. You may be right.

Truth is this. While trying to remember, my mind went to 3k ish. I think it was actually 1,397 Naira or so. I really cannot remember. But thinking back now, I think it was around 1k plus.
Politics / Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by 10thTenthMan: 4:58am On Nov 06, 2023
1. CHEAP EDUCATION: Free Primary, Secondary and Cheap Tertiary Education. I attended public schools from start to finish.

School fees at university was 3,997 Naira Per session. 1999 to 2003.

2. FIGHTING SPIRIT : The never say die attitude. Never say never. Never give up. Channeled into positive things, it brings great benefits in the long run.

If only this spirit didn’t come out of adversity. Who knows? Maybe this spirit can only come from some form of adversity. But the adversities in Nigeria are just too much.

Street Smartness: Nigeria has also given me the street slyness. For every other city around the globe I have visited and stayed for long, it was impossible to scam or take undue advantage of me. Ears wide open. Eyes wide open. Saying only what was necessary and preemptively calculating any moves made to the next 500 steps ahead.

3. TOUGH AS NAILS: As funny as this might sound. This country has passed me through experiences that I might not even experience in a War Zone. It has made me tough. As tough as nails. My mindset is anything is possible. Nothing changes unless something changes. Do it afraid. Anything is possible. These form the motto of my ventures and life today.

4. CONDIFENCE IN BEING BLACK AND BEING AFRICAN: As a young adult, I read my father's collection of African Writers Series and got hooked. I read the works of Elechi Amadi, Chinua Achebe, Nguigi, and Wole Soyinka's books. It was an eye opener for me . The stories in the novels showed our deep cultural heritage. This viewpoint is without moral judgment.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: When Will Nigeria Develop? by 10thTenthMan: 4:27am On Nov 06, 2023
Potential Development? We do have the potential. Resources abound. Both human and natural.

Actual Development? It will never start. Let me make a simple story. Please read this simplified story below.

A country can be likened to a Family.

Story story? Once upon a time?

You have a large family compound (country) and your family has farms and large expanse of land with resources in it. Your family also has people in it. Other smaller family units. The old, young, teenagers, mothers, fathers, nieces, uncles, visitors.

Now just like your family, within that village (the world) there are also other families (other countries) who use the resources to send their kids to school and better their lives. They use the resources to upgrade their family compound and ensure people living there have good rooms, beds, etc. They encourage innovation and use knowledge to better their society within their family compound. They build good hospitals, good walk ways from one family house to another and from one section of the compound to another. They set the society straight such that there are consequences for any crime committed. Their society supports actions that will only better the majority of people in their family compound.

But You, what do you do? You use the resources owned by your family to enrich only yourself. In fact, you take proceeds from the resources meant to be used for the betterment of your family members to hide in the another family compound that isn’t yours. Some of the proceeds, you squander through drinking, enjoying, smoking, and womanizing. In fact you visit other family compounds to use their doctors and spending your money in their own compound. You and those that your family members appointed as heads/leaders do nothing for those who appointed you, and when they try to complain you twist rules, barely listen to them and even kill, jail or silence them. You as family head appointed some other family members to handle some aspects of administering the family activities. But like you, they also get power drunk and try to and even successfully steal the family resources. Worst thing is You now even go and borrow from other families and squander and borrow and squander. As a family you are supposed to employ teachers and pay them well to teach the kids. Instead you destroy the class rooms and send your own kids to another family and pay their own teachers to teach your kids, while your own teacher’s employed by you suffer. It gets so bad that now your family members’ dream is to also have an opportunity to loot and abuse the system and oppress other family members. They aim for nothing more than stolen wealth to oppress others. They want to take their chunk of the Family (National) Cake.

In fact it is so bad that the yam you farm from the family farm, instead of frying it and cooking it to eat, you allow your stove and pots and fire place rot, then you sell the yam to another family and buy back the fried yam and boiled yam from them. Every few years you lie to your family members that you want to do turn around maintenance of your cooking stove, pots, etc so you can fry the yams yourself, but you never do and they never work.

I can go on and on and on with this story.

NOW TELL ME, HOW CAN SUCH A FAMILY UNIT DEVELOP? NEVER! UNLESS THE HEAD OF THE UNIT AND THOSE HE HAS APPOINTED TO ADMINISTER THE FAMILY UNIT, ALL COLLECTIVELY AND INTENTIONALLY WORK TOWARDS A VIBRANT FAMILY.

MAJORITY OF OUR LEADERS INTENTIONALLY OR UNINTENTIONALLY SABOTAGE THE NIGERIAN FAMILY UNIT.

NOT UNTIL THE PEOPLE APPOINT GOOD LEADERS WHO IN TURN APPOINT GOOD ADMINISTRATORS FOR LAWS, POLICIES, EQUITY AND JUSTICE, THEY WILL NEVER DEVELOP. IT IS EITHER THE FAMILY PEOPLE REBEL AGAINST THE FAMILY HEAD OR THEY WAIT TILL NEXT MEETING TO APPOINT A NEW FAMILY HEAD, THEN THEY CHOOSE WISELY.

Those who should spearhead development and ensure consequences for anti development actions are busy with how they can loot. Governments are voted and people are appointed to administer public interactions and activities. Until a collective set of persons in the three arms of Government and three levels of Government agree to ensure justice, equity and conscious developmental efforts, Nigeria will not and never develop. The goal of the political class IS NOT TO DEVELOP THE COUNTRY. It is to see what they can loot.

Every action in Nigeria is taken more because it will make someone rich, than to serve the benefit of the people. How can every decision of a country be towards the enrichment of the leaders and administrators? There can be no development. Whether PDP o, APC o, Labour Party o… As long as those there are not interested in ensuring development and people aren’t held properly accountable, then development will be far from us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Education / Re: Police Arrest School Owner In Delta For Allegedly Raping 4-year-old Girl by 10thTenthMan: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Source

The police spokesperson said that the Area Commander in Agbor confirmed that the incident happened two weeks ago and that the suspect was arrested but he denied the allegation.

There is also this so called Marine School in Delta State where parents ignorantly go keep their Girls in the name of becoming Mariners.

School is Fake and the owner sleeps with these girls. A lot of them got pregnant as well. That guy is still roaming the streets and perpetrating his evil. Those girls need to unanimously come out and speak without shame.
Politics / Re: Tinubu Appoints Musa Aliyu As ICPC Chairman by 10thTenthMan: 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sports / Re: Police Kill gunman Who Shot 2 Swedish Fans In Brussels by 10thTenthMan: 10:51am On Oct 17, 2023
HonNL:
Tunisian illegal immigrant Abdesalem Lassoued, who used the name of Slayem Slouma on social media was shot dead in Brussels after a gun fight in a cafe in Schaerbeek.

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7879404/belgium-sweden-called-off-after-terrorist

Guaranteed and assured CONSEQUENCES.
Even Osama Bin Laden paid.
Computers / Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by 10thTenthMan: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2023
The Problem of Nigeria is this:

The Lack of a System and a People that will ensure a Guaranteed Appropriate CONSEQUENCES for Crimes and Misdemeanor.

There is the lack of system that ensures and guarantees appropriate consequences. Nigerians know that almost 100 out 100 times, they can avoid and escape and get out of consequences. It is either there is no monitoring or criminal activity data gathering, no investigative capacity , they can beg/talk their way out of it, bribe their way out of it, or they can influence their way out of it as well.

- It is not bad leadership. There are bad leaders/humans all over the world. But something makes them behave in other climes.
-It is not corruption. There is public service corruption in the US, etc. But there are consequences, and this guarantee makes the most behave.
-It is not nepotism. There is the potential for nepotism in serious countries too. But there are assured consequences.
-It is not tribalism.
-It is not lack of maintenance culture.
-And it isn't all the things we say on public buses, public newspaper stands, etc.

If I ever get appointed. I shall ensure that the system of such a parastatal or MDA operates with an exceptionally reliable and available monitoring and consequence management system. There is no dirt on me that ANY Politician will blackmail me with. Unless they want to count teenage heartbreaks that I caused, as a crime. So, I will boldly institute and implement this.

It is this guarantee of consequences that makes the majority of Nigerians behave and form straight queues without a fuss when they land in London Heathrow. The same people that behave like animals at MMIA Lagos. They know no one cares who their fathers are or who the heck their uncle is. They know if they misbehave, they will end up in jail after conviction.

Take a look at any country that slacks with its justice system and Nigerians there will behave like animals too. It is for this reason, death sentence for convicted drug traffickers is appropriate to deter Nigerians from some Asian countries. Imagine what Nigerians would have done if the consequences were not severe?

THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA IS THE LACK OF A SYSTEM THAT MONITORS AND GUARANTEES APPROPRIATE CONSEQUENCES. Note I did not say severity of consequences. But the guarantee that as long as you were involved in a crime/misdemeanor, YOU MUST BE CAUGHT (even after 50 years)! And when you are caught YOU MUST AND SHALL BE PUNISHED! It is this same guarantee that make more Nigerians obey the law than break it in Canada, France, USA, etc. ''Nobody send their papa'' (as we say), and they know they will go to jail or pay the fine.

Until successive generations in our country see us behave properly and see the benefits of obeying the law for so long that it becomes second nature and becomes the norm, Nigeria will not grow or become a better place.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Family / Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by 10thTenthMan: 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
What I was told:

My Grand Aunt who is an (older female cousin of popsie) found my mum as a pretty hard working girl in Nkwere where she herself went to trade and to do business with her own mum.

She liked my mum and recommended her to Popsie and seeking approval from posie’s other siblings. Na so popsie take “fall in love o”.

Before you know dem don marry and born us.

grin grin grin

27 Likes

Travel / Re: Living In Saskatchewan, Canada by 10thTenthMan: 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2023
Romance / Re: Is It Right For A Husband To Conduct Paternity Test Secretly? by 10thTenthMan: 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2023
emekajacobogbon:

How foolish some women think, always believing there's no trace to their secret doings, thinking they are smart. Not knowing that some men like me see more clearly in the darkest room. My dear so far he didn't marry you a virgin, there's no trust anywhere.
Maybe you people used church doctrine to nail him down with no sex before nonsense, then after wedding he discovered that you are a borehole, never will he trust you again

Even if you marry her a virgin please do a peace of mind DNA test.

Some virgins mess around but avoid penetration and then get pregnant and still callously pin it on a “nice guy with potentials”.

Do a Peace of Mind Test when ANY WOMAN (regardless of age, creed, race, religion, etc) tells you a child is yours. I don’t care how much she claims she loves you. Just do the test. The worst thing You can do is listen to a Woman on paternity issues.

They are demons when it comes to setting you up with pregnancy because they see you as the better candidate to raise the babies in their tummies.

Do a Test. Let not any foolish pastor, G.O, or your parents or siblings or friends talk you out of it.

For every child, do the test.

As for me I shall conduct 2 to 3 tests on each child.

7 Likes 1 Share

Romance / Re: Is It Right For A Husband To Conduct Paternity Test Secretly? by 10thTenthMan: 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2023
pradoyeep:
A virtuous, faithful and loving wife doesn't deserve DNA verification, except for official reasons.
Now as a man, is it right to secretly do DNA test on your kids, even when there are no traces of cheating?

It is technically called a POM Test. A Peace of Mind Test.
Do it for your own peace of mind.

I encourage Everyman to do DNA Tests on ALL and ANY Child that a woman claims is his. Whether a wife or girlfriend. Regardless of whether she was the best virgin in town or a so called virtuous woman. In fact trust them less.

In my humble opinion and as a matter of fact IT SHOULD BE LAW! IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY. Just as registration of Birth and Issuance of a Birth Certificate follows the birth of every child, so should a CERTIFICATE OF PATERNITY follow the birth of any child. It should be mandatory and compulsory!! After all HOSPITALS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO SWITH BABIES AND MAKE MISTAKES.

Since the government’s due process will be a long democratic debate before it can even be considered law, men should take the initiative and carry out this Peace of Mind Test. It saves a lot of energy and removes all doubts. You avoid heart breaks in future. You know the kids are yours. There is no doubt. And you settle properly into child upbringing knowing that these are your seeds. Your offspring. Your gene pool.

Doing a Peace of Mind Test is easy. Many labs will send you sample kits to quietly draw samples. Some will tell you to bring personal items like combs, toothbrushes, etc. No one is harmed. No one. It is peaceful, quiet, and assuring.

Fear women. All. Never believe in their useless tears if “so you don’t trust me”. In fact when they cry is when you should do three (3) tests in 3 separate labs. Yes. Confirm and reconfirm the results. It is a MUST. Do not be fooled by her feigned or current charity. Do not be fooled by how religious she is. Do not be fooled by her feigned quietness, humbleness or loyalty or faithfulness/chastity. Even a guy who paid for and contributed semen to his wife’s IVF did the tests after the triplets were born.

Do not dare TO EVER TRUST A WOMAN ON AN ISSUE OF PATERNITY. You will regret it and won’t have peace of mind. Do not. I repeat do not. In this issue NO WOMAN IS GOOD OR VIRTOUS OR HONEST. On this matter THEY ARE ALL THIEVES!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Family / Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids by 10thTenthMan: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Everyone is just beating about the bush even though the reason is obvious.

Once a woman starts having kids, she loses her attractiveness as a result of all the body changes that come with child birth. This puts the man off or gradually makes him lose interest in her especially when he still sees young girls with perky breasts, plumper and firmer bodies out there. This is the whole truth.

A married man used to disturb me some time ago and I'll always shun him. One day he saw one small fine girl that came around and told me to him talk to the girl and I asked him what of your wife and he said " that one na condemn property now" .. chai!!! Laugh wan finish me that day. This is a man with 5 kids o.

Thank you. I really don’t know why they are beating about the bush. And being afraid to express what their MALE instincts transmits to them.

It is the same reason and female instincts that make many women go after 6 and 9 packs men after their husbands develop pot bellies at their 40s. Many of them,they not only long for but go after and get enticed by these same men. They create excuses and escape from home with lies that they are going to the gym to keep fit. Or they are going to meet a swimming instructor. Bunch of hypocrites!

While it isn’t encouraged to loose interest in your woman after she puts to bed, but why beat about the bush on the matter. Why lie? What is the purpose of lying and avoiding the real reasons? Worst case will be online insults from ladies here and some men, which frankly mean nothing. Absolutely no existential importance or value.

MEN DO NOT FANCY THIER WIVES AFTER THEY PUT TO BED BECAUSE:

-Most women loose every form of physical attractiveness. In fact many of them become horrible looking, physically.

- Many add weight afterwards and become physically lazy. They aren’t able to tend the home or tend to the man.

- Many won’t even take proper care of themselves. Some won’t bathe till evening when the man comes from work. To them they have achieved the ultimate. “I don marry and born na, Wetin remain again”? Mentality. They are just there like bread. Failing to dress up and impress the men. Tying wrapper from morning to night over their boobs. So THE SAME WAY YOU DONT LIKE YOUR HUSBANDS POT BELLY BUT NEED HIS MONEY OR PRESENCE AND OTHER BENEFITS OF BEING WITH A MALE PARTNER IS THE SAME WAY WE DONT WANT YOUR SAGGED BOOBS AND LOVE HANDLES, BUT WE NEED YOU TO BE AT HOME AND TAKE CARE OF OUR OFFSPRING.

- Many pay attention to the baby and ignore the man totally. This is not a bad thing. The child needs care. But men see it as neglect. Someone said the man should also love the child. Many men do. Loving a child doesn’t stop a man needing love from the woman.

- Many men are turned off by breastfeeding mothers. That whole thing where breast milk leaks from their boobs and they have to pad their boobs, many men hate. Some still bleed from their private parts weeks after birth and some months. Many men are turned off by this. In fact some men are turned off by pregnant women. Men don’t like and pay attention to what they aren’t attracted to.

In short many men see their wives as old and used. It doesn’t make it right. But that is how some men feel. Instinctively. If you don’t feel that way, good for you. But these are real feelings that many men feel.

So what should men do?

Intelligence SHOULD and MUST overcome instinct.

Intelligence should tell you that:

-She is your wife. You are a family. Marriage is about Duty and Responsibilities.NOT THE FAIRY TALE NONSENSE PF ASHOEBI GIRLS DANCING. Those are weddings. Marriage is real duty and responsibilities. It is inconvenience. It is your duty to love your wife. Common sense should tell you that even without childbirth, she will age. So love her in this trying times where her whole system has been turned inside out just to bear you a child.

- It isn’t her fault that her body is falling apart by various degrees depending on the woman’s genetic make up and level of physical fitness. Child birth could have caused it.

-The baby is both yours. Get down to child rearing. For now focus on catering for your wife and your child and leave your selfish sexual desires alone. Kiss her and help her to reignite the intimacy. Don’t go forcing sex on her.

-She just put to bed and probably facing post partum depression. Please allow her rest and stop asking for Pounded Yam and Fresh Eguisi soup everyday. Allow the woman rest a bit. Stop that nonsense of I don’t eat old soup. Which of una wey una Mama been Dey cook new soup for every night? Let us stop this unrealistic rubbish and stress we pass women through. Stop the forming and stop making life difficult for the mother who is taking care of a child.

-She also may not feel like having sex with you. Look she just put to bed. Doctors saw her bum bum. She is trying to wrap all that around her head, coupled with raising a child that can only communicate distress by Crying. How many fathers know that evolution wise, the cry of infants is in a very disturbing pitch such that people have no choice but to attend to the infant? It stresses everyone especially the Mother.

-She is weak from child rearing, waking up every 2-4 hours to breastfeed depending on age of the child.

-She is physically weaker due to the general stress from child birth.

-She is under pressure to perform as a mother.

-If she intentionally lets herself go, then encourage her to get back to shape. You are to live through the challenges of life together. Unless where your Life is threatened, health threatened or Infidelity, you are supposed to stick together.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: What Is Going On , I No Longer Understand Nairaland Atall by 10thTenthMan: 7:54am On Sep 23, 2023
Iamanoited:
The MODS have become AUTOCRATIC and UNCONTROLLABLY SO.

You must understand that it seems a lot of these so called MODS have never had real power or authority in their lives. It is possible that this is probably the biggest achievement most of them have been able to experience.

It is because people regard them and complain when they are banned. If you ignore them they will realize members don’t care about any bloody action they take. Funny enough it is those who are addicted to posting on Nairaland that care whether they are banned or not.

If you think about it deeply, why would one be partial, be autocratic and act like a total and absolute Ass because you are made to moderate a forum? You then let it get into your head by Selecting topics based on ethnicity and moderate based on various ethnic, religious and political agenda. You will realize they haven’t achieved much in their lives or had serious achievements. Being a moderator on Nairaland is possibly the biggest or highest level of authority they have ever had or wielded. So let us not blame them.

It is like someone bragging about being a class captain in school. Or someone being made a team leader among his colleagues just for a bit of orderliness. Then the person goes mad and starts wielding fake powers that have NOT A SINGLE EXISTENTIAL IMPORTANCE.

So you won’t blame them much.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Fear In NNPC As Dangote Struggles To Get Approval To Operate Refinery by 10thTenthMan: 7:05am On Sep 23, 2023
aminulive:

https://politicsnigeria.com/fear-grips-nnpc-as-dangote-struggles-to-get-approval-to-operate-uncompleted-refinery/

NNPC is not a regulator. Even when it had the inspectorate arm of the Oil and Gas Sector, it still wasn’t fully a regulator and eventually DPR was created out of it.

NNPC is an Oil Company. NNPC even has to get license from the real regulators. This nonsense misinformation about NNPC is what make people lack better understanding of the organization, thereby allowing them (Melee and all the Past MDs) to act as if they were enshrined with regulatory powers.

NNPC is like Petrobras, Petronas, etc. IT IS AN OIL COMPANY OWNED BY THE GOVERNMENT. It is NOT and will never be a regulator. It never grants any permits, licenses, approvals, consents or waivers.A REGULATOR CANNOT BE AN OPERATOR. A referee is not a player for any team. There is a lot of misinterpretation and misinformation about when NNPC signs an agreement with a company like every business venture. Signing agreement to lift my crude IS NOT A REGULATORY FUNCTION. As a matter of fact, such agreements have to be sanctioned by the REAL REGULATORS. NNPC just bulldozes it’s way to get undeserving standing and respect because they are the ATM of the Federal Government.

Prior to the Petroleum Industry Act (PIA) 2021, the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) was the sole technical regulator. Commercial regulation was by NAPIMS mainly. However with the passage of the PIA, the industry was granted two regulators

1. NUPRC (Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission)

2. NMDPRA (Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority)

The NNPC as an oil company is regulated by these two agencies as it is an upstream and mid/downstream player. NNPC IS AN OIL COMPANY AND DOES NOT REGULATE SHIT! They are operators and a Horrible one at that. An operator that runs as a loss amounting to billions of dollars and yet they are still being financed. Under normal conditions the company should be bankrupt.

This nonsense journalism that misinforms Nigerians about NNPC needs to stop. NNPC behave the way it does because of gross abuse of office and usurpation of powers and roles/functions from other agencies.

In a sane society many past heads and key management staff of that organization should be in jail. In China some will be executed for the wanton level of corruption.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Air Strikes Destroy Over 30 Illegal Oil Refining Sites In Rivers – NAF by 10thTenthMan: 2:53am On Sep 18, 2023
While I understand that deterrence is important, aren’t there other means that are less environmentally destructive than blowing up these locations and causing additional damage to the already existing terrible situation?

I still believe better avenues exist and should be explored in this fight against illegal refineries.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: UNICAL Sex Scandal: Minister Kennedy Fumes, Vows To Prosecute, Jail Anyone Lying by 10thTenthMan: 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
The problem of Nigeria IS A LACK OF DETERRING AND GUARANTEED CONSEQUENCES.

We must find ways and procedures to

1. Prevent and deter crime and the temptation of crime

And

2. Ensure and guarantee Consequences regardless of class, ethnicity, gender, religion or tribe.

Most Nigerians, the moment they go overseas behave and fall in line. They know the system will not have pity when it catches and judges them. Ekweremadu is in jail in the UK. If he can go to jail then who is a Musa or Femi or Uchenna that will not end up in jail?

Madam, please go ahead and punish anyone involved and ensure that this is continuous and becomes a norm. That if you commit such crimes of oppression and sexual exploitation, YOU WILL END UP IN SERIOUS JAIL AND SPEND SERIOUS TIME.
Travel / Re: How To Rent A Residential Appartment In Canada by 10thTenthMan: 11:02pm On Sep 12, 2023
seunEsq:
Actuaally there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. Legally a landlord cannot restrict who can stay in an apartment under a rental agreement, rental agreements are standardized in every province. This can only be an issue in specific circumstances:

1. If you are in resticted housing like a temporary stay, rooming house

2. You cannot exceed the legal density limits for housing, so there's a maximum amount of people who can live in a room or apartment. Once you exceed it, it's a safety issue & it's beyond even the power of the landlord.. The rule of thumb is 2 people to a room. Most landlord's won't allow more than this to avoid issues with the govt.

3. Subletting: this is when a person leaves their apartment & rents it to another person. Most rental lease agreements say you cannot do this without the landlord's consent & even then the consent cannot be unreasonably witheld but nothing forbids a tenant from getting a roommate.

Note: Why most landlords don't like someone bringing in a roommate is twofold: first is that it increases consumption of utilities liike water, gas & hydro (electricity), second is that it increases the wear & tear on the property & increases the need for maintenance.
Unless you are living in a place that you didn't sign a lease wth the landlord, often these are basements that are not legal housing units, a landlord cannot legally tell you not to have a roommate or have someone over.

Most of these misconceptions iis out of fear & stories people have heard, you can check the Residential tenancies Act if you in Ontario & the same act for British Columbia to find out for yourselef about all this. Selah.

Thank you very much Barrister.

The Sask experiences people have had are quite different. From individual landlords to big Apartment Companies like Colliers, etc, they include this restriction in the tenancy agreement.

As a newcomer, who really wants to do wahala with them? A lot of people want to move from AirBnB. You never settle finish not to talk of adding another wahala of quarrelling with a potential landlord again.

In Sask I noticed that they boldly add this to the tenancy agreement regardless of the rule of thumb that you explained above. Interestingly even when the tenant is paying ALL bills. City (waste, Storm water, etc.), Power, Water and so on.

Thank you all the same.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 10thTenthMan: 7:28am On Sep 12, 2023
kingreign:

Check your outer cv joint aka shaft head.

Have not taken time to appreciate you for this. My sincere Apologies.

Thank you very very much for responding. A home service mechanic has been called to come fix the issue. As for now the car is being driven only within the Neighbourhood and cannot be driven far to the mechanic shop. This is pending when the Provincial Drivers License is perfected and acquired.
Travel / Re: How To Rent A Residential Appartment In Canada by 10thTenthMan: 7:15am On Sep 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Una no dey sleep for this nairaland ?

Person go say make e come online come ease off hours of brain activity, only to find owls and bats lurking in the shadows.

Hahaha.. The person could be posting from Canada.

Night for there na Nigeria Morning. Take Sask for instance. It is 7 Hours behind Nigerian Time. So that 12 am to 5 am for Nigeria, na 5pm to 10 pm.

The time zones creates a bit of the “confusion”.

3 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: How To Rent A Residential Appartment In Canada by 10thTenthMan: 7:02am On Sep 12, 2023
[quote author=seunEsq post=125735532][/quote]

Very apt.

But let me add something under the RESPECTING THE LEASE ISSUE.

Apart from things like Pets, property maintenance responsibilities of the tenant, and other matters, there are some important things about maintaining the lease agreement.

1. RESTRICTING WHO CAN STAY WITH YOU: The lease agreements restrict how long you can have visitors stay at your place. Some agreements give 14 days, others say 21 days. In most of the lease agreements ALL OCCUPANTS OF THE APARTMENT MUST BE CLEARLY LISTED. Their names and ages. So if you have a relative or friend etc, such a person cannot just come to your house to “patch up” and stay as long as he likes . It can be done but you must know you are breaking or being in breach of the Agreement.

2. TENANT INSURANCE: Most lease agreements mandates you to take tenant insurance apart from your security deposit. And in some provinces, the security deposit IS NOT THE CAUTION FEE.The Tenant Insurance is paid monthly and can range from 15 - 50 CAD per month depending on the value of the property being rented.

The number one is very important. I have seen Nigerians accuse fellow country men of refusing to accommodate them indefinitely. Some have called village meetings on their siblings who mentioned how they can only stay with them for 2 weeks. Some have also called Committee of friends meeting on their friends who are in Canada. Please Nigerians should note that you cannot stay with most of the people you know in Canada beyond 2 weeks to 1 month. WE DO IT IN NIGERIA and in almost all of the instances, no one bothers us. Not so in Canada. Even in Hotels in Canada, if you get a room and another person comes to sleep over, you will likely be asked to Pay for the extra person(s) that slept over. Unlike Nigeria where you book a hotel room and 50 friends can come pass the night.

The Landlord or property owner might open a dispute and demand that the visitor leaves the apartment if the person has stayed beyond what is stipulated in the lease agreement. Most of these Nigerian friends and family members already in Canada do not want to tell you why you can’t stay with them or why you can ONLY STAY 2 weeks with them. When you plan, plan for an AirBnB. Or find Nigerians who short-let there apartments like the basement, and start from there.

1 Like 1 Share

Travel / Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by 10thTenthMan: 11:50am On Sep 07, 2023
Every town,Every city, in Europe. (Note I don’t call them Developed, as that is relative and if I use my own yard stick to they aren’t very developed).

Each one you see starts first with a conscious effort to have a functional layout for ease of movement for commercial and recreational purposes. They think collectively. Roads, Side walks, tree lines, bicycle lanes, set backs, houses, etc. Neighbourhoods are laid out and planned to the last millimeter. In planning we say “Development that is not controlled leads to Chaos”. That is what Nigeria is. WE DO NOT CONTROL DEVELOPMENT AND IT LEADS TO CHAOS. Whether by Commission or Omissions. We do what we ought not to do and we never do what we ought to do. And when this scenario happens THERE ARE USUALLY NO CONSEQUENCES, AS PEOPLE DO THESE THINGS AND GO SCOT FREE. The problem of Nigeria is therefore simply as this- THE LACK OF TIMELY, RELIABLE, AVAILABLE, AND APPROPRIATE CONSEQUENCES. Why do most Nigerians suddenly become model citizens the moment they land in a foreign airport. Because they know that even if Tinubu messes up, the small police boy will mess him up. So they conform. But the moment a flight lands in Lagos, come and see madness. The same Nigerians who at Schipol were behaving well suddenly know they are back to where nothing happens because there is poor monitoring or where you can easily bribe, intimidate and talk your way out of crimes, offenses and misdemeanors.

In the planning, conscious efforts are put in layouts and zoning, etc. These layouts and zones etc are made, then regulations are also made to ensue it isn’t destroyed. Dos and donts and created to ensure every citizen enjoy the utmost possible services and value from the layout. You just can’t start building shops and kiosks and “batchers’’. In developed countries, They will be taken down and you will be fined. If you don’t tend your lawn in some places, you will be fined. Building designs and safety codes are enforced. ALL Buildings are inspected when built and must pass the inspection.

Look at Abuja today. Military men and politicians in GWARINPA block the sidewalks. Some have fenced their property up to the sidewalks. Some put their trash cans there. A space that is meant for ALL CITIZENS. THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA IS LACK OF CONSEQUENCES. Town planning is a government function. When the government fails, who is to be held responsible? Who is to face the consequences?. Hardly anyone does.

A Phasal re-planning and plan reclamation needs to be done. Poverty and economic hardship will be the biggest challenge to this. Because once you start, demolishing is inevitable. People will be rendered homeless and business affected. Hence there must be ways to cushion the effects.
Better enforcements also need to start in controlling newly developing areas in every state.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Will You Hire Him? by 10thTenthMan: 11:08pm On Sep 03, 2023
NaijaMutant:
Let's know your opinion on the picture below.

Will you hire him?

For a RED HAT ROLE, Yes.

I definitely would like to know about what additional vulnerabilities our system and infrastructure have.
Car Talk / Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 10thTenthMan: 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
Good morning guys.

2013 Nissan Rogue.

Front wheel makes this “Krrrrrrrrr” rattling noise whenever I make a sharp bend and when I go over some bumps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.