Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! (16259 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / US Secession Petitions Filed For 50 States / Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:
Did I say they don't have a right to do so? Isn't it enshrined in the U.S. Constitution - the right to institute a new government?

What I'm saying is if they have to go, let them take a share of their own debt, period.

Lmao @ the bolded part...

That would be an all out war because most of the debts were accrued by the federal government...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
Quebec, Texas, and probably Hawaii... grin

Scotland is on its way out as well - the world is coming to an end... grin
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
cpa-cash:
The whole world is watching with keen interest. Anyway, I learnt this is not the first time of such calls. It happened in 2004 also.

Let's not misunderstand this issue as it is not so big a deal. Texas is not the only state petitions have been received for; petitions have been filed for upto 20 states to leave the Union. Only Texas has passed the 25,000 signatures necessary and I am sure the rest will exceed the 25,000 before 30 days. The point is that this was expected and there is a long process that has to be followed before anything can be done. The law also says that Obama has a right to do nothing about it. He will only forward their complaints to a commission that will review it for a long time.

The Governor of Texas Rick Perry (who just ran against Romney for the Republican nomination) has come out openly against it. There are many crazy racist who just cant stand a black man in the white house, so this is no big deal. Nothing will happen, life will continue as normal and these "uprising" will fizzle out. In a population of 320 million people, do you think that the opinion of 25,000 people can change anything? Really? If it could, every city or some schools will change the American constitution everyday.

Just some sour losers hating. Life goes on with Obama having another four years after which he will hand over to another democrat. Can't see the Replubicans in the white house for another 8 years.

3 Likes

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
I HOPE YOU HEATHEN BLACK PEOPLE HAVE GUNS SHA. WHITEY IS COMING FOR YOU. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. WHITES HAVE BEEN TRAINING FOR THIS RACE WAR SECRETLY.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
About 3,000 Americans were sacrificed at 9/11 to unite Americans and make them forget this secession bid. USA needed a common outside enemy to fight and unite her citizens and Osama was created and WTC was bombed in a tactical controlled demolition. I guess another outside enemy has to be fought to unite Americans again this time, but then, USA needs a new strategy and quickly, and if we happen to witness a cataclysm in USA in the next few days and war drums following it, we should know that the real owners of America are at it again. The object is almost always to unite a people.

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 8:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

It can leave the union if it wants to... According to the Texas Constitution, Texas is a free and independent state, subject to only the constitution of the United States... However, the POTUS and the US congress have no control over Texas...

Just read between the lines...

Unfortunately, Texas Constitution DOES NOT SUPERSEDE nor OVERRIDE the U.S. Constitution, however, neither the POTUS nor Congress has control over any independent state other than the District of Colombia.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:

Unfortunately, Texas Constitution DOES NOT SUPERSEDE nor OVERRIDE the U.S. Constitution,

It depends on the law, the supreme court has the final say....
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Horus(m): 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
Caucasian Racial Insanity Syndrome is a disease ten times worse than AIDS, and so dangerous!!. Instead of doing a petition to secession these people should make a mass exodus back to Europe right now.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nashville:

Let's not misunderstand this issue as it is not so big a deal. Texas is not the only state petitions have been received for; petitions have been filed for upto 20 states to leave the Union. Only Texas has passed the 25,000 signatures necessary and I am sure the rest will exceed the 25,000 before 30 days. The point is that this was expected and there is a long process that has to be followed before anything can be done. The law also says that Obama has a right to do nothing about it. He will only forward their complaints to a commission that will review it for a long time.

The Governor of Texas Rick Perry (who just ran against Romney for the Republican nomination) has come out openly against it. There are many crazy racist who just cant stand a black man in the white house, so this is no big deal. Nothing will happen, life will continue as normal and these "uprising" will fizzle out. In a population of 320 million people, do you think that the opinion of 25,000 people can change anything? Really? If it could, every city or some schools will change the American constitution everyday.

Just some sour losers hating. Life goes on with Obama having another four years after which he will hand over to another democrat. Can't see the Replubicans in the white house for another 8 years.
So we shouldnt panic cos its almighty America, your hero, my benefactor that is getting unstable ? Yet we can wish Nigeria breaks up ? Hypocrisy is an English word. I wish above all things that America puts her house in order, China is watching!
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

It depends on the law, the supreme court has the final say....

Exactly! That's my whole point since this thread, by the time it gets to SCOTUS, Obama would have finished his second term.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by JeSoul(f): 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nashville:
Probably not if we're to go by history alone, there is usually a turnover in party after 8years...last 6 US presidents:

Obama - Democrat
Bush - Republican
Clinton - Democrat
Bush - Republican (4yr term)
Reagan - Republican
Carter - Democrat

obadiah777: I HOPE YOU HEATHEN BLACK PEOPLE HAVE GUNS SHA. WHITEY IS COMING FOR YOU. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. WHITES HAVE BEEN TRAINING FOR THIS RACE WAR SECRETLY.
Commot dia jor. You have come with your conspiracies lol cheesy

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:
however, neither the POTUS nor Congress has control over any independent state other than the District of Colombia.

That's why America is a unique country...

I wish you guys all the best, we've Scotland to deal with out here... wink
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:
Exactly! That's my whole point since this thread, by the time it gets to SCOTUS, Obama would have finished his second term.

However, don't you think it might end up destabilising Obama's second term? - more Southern States are probably going to join the secession cries with time and that's kind of problematic...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by juman(m): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
When will nigeria break up?

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
Horus: Caucasian Racial Insanity Syndrome is a disease ten times worse than AIDS, and so dangerous!!. Instead of doing a petition to secession these people should make a mass exodus back to Europe right now.

Lmao.... They're going to become minorities in 20 years time and English will become the 2nd language, anyway...

Let them ride the wheel till it falls off...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2012
While many of us are taking it with a pinch of salt,
Texas has hit 75,000
Louisiana 29,000, while
Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, North Cadolina, Georgia are at the tresh hold of 20,000 each.

Obama can't control what is coming.

Watch out for martial law, civil war or international.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

However, don't you think it might end up distabilising Obama's second term? - more Southern States are probably going to join the secession cries with time and that's kind of problematic...

Dis-stabilize, NO. Cause distraction, YES - if they're peaceful about it, nothing more. Let the Southern states do whatever they wish, it's their problem.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by elampiro(m): 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
Tired!

It is ridiculous what is happening in America. The election center revealed that three states legalized same sex marriage by their November 6th votes while two states legalized Marijuana.

The world is taking a massive turning point now.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by sweetcheecks(f): 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
noblezone: There are some news that just sounds like dreams!

America The Great is fallen!

Texas has reached the 25000 signatures for the petition for seccessation, what will be Obama's approach?

Now, Obama will likely react to it as if nothing is happening, but that might result in civil disobedience.

If civil disobedience starts, which of the wars will Obama iprefer?

1. Roll out the tanks and raise Texas or
2. Attack a middle Eastern (Iran?) to start the 3rd world war?

Which ever way it goes, America has finally sank!

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Almost-50000-want-Obama-to-weigh-in-on-Texas-secession-179049481.html.

@Op
AMERICANS ( WHITES) ARE SUCH HYPOCRITES, THE HAVE BEEN FORCING THEIR SO CALLED DEMOCRACY ON OTHER PEOPLE WHEN THEY TRUELLY CAN NOT STAND THE IDEA OF BLACK MAN BEING THEIR PRESIDENT.

TALK ABOUT INTOLARANCE, WHAT IS 4 YEARS? WHY CAN'T THEY WAIT?

BUSH WAS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE WORLD HISTORY OPENING THE WORLD TO A STRING OF IDIOTIC PRESIDENTS, SA PRESIDENT INCL. IF HE COULD BE A PRESIDENT EVERY DUMB AND DUMBER COULD BE ONE.

SURPPRISINGLY THERE WAS NO SECESSION, WHAT IS SOO UNFORGIVABLE DONE BY OBAMA THAT BUSH DID NOT DO WORSE OF? HONESTLY LET THEIR DEMOCRATIC SHAM CRUMBLE. PSHEWWWW lipsrsealed

[/quote]
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
noblezone: While many of us are taking it with a pinch of salt,
Texas has hit 75,000
Louisiana 29,000, while
Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, North Cadolina, Georgia are at the tresh hold of 20,000 each.

Obama can't control what is coming.

Watch out for martial law, civil war or international.

American has been planning for this for years - and don't be surprised when Obama declares martial law in those states....
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
Obama won't have to declare martial law, not if they are peaceful about it.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:
Dis-stabilize, NO. Cause distraction, YES - if they're peaceful about it, nothing more. Let the Southern states do whatever they wish, it's their problem.

Don't underestimate these rednecks, they're nutters...

If they start an uprising, don't you think that would destabilise Obama's government? - never say never...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
JeSoul: Probably not if we're to go by history alonjavascript:void(0);e, there is usually a turnover in party after 8years...last 6 US presidents:

Obama - Democrat
Bush - Republican
Clinton - Democrat
Bush - Republican (4yr term)
Reagan - Republican
Carter - Democrat

Commot dia jor. You have come with your conspiracies lol cheesy

I AM VERY SERIOUS OOO angry grin I AM
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2012
I read somewhere that they signed a deal with the US before joining that they can leave any time they like.
I hope Obama let this Darn people go and they'll sure as hell suffer.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

Don't underestimate these rednecks, they're nutters...

If they start an uprising, don't you think that would destabilise Obama's government? - never say never...

They are ONLY rednecks in their backyard, when you see non-smiling, ground forces patrolling the streets and highways of TX, by fire by force, they will calm down.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by elampiro(m): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
elampiro: Tired!

It is ridiculous what is happening in America. The election center revealed that three states legalized same sex marriage by their November 6th votes while two states legalized Marijuana.

The world is taking a massive turning point now.

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by BizBooks(m): 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
Texas has a population of 25 Million. Now, how do you think that an online petition signed by
25,000 people will decide her fate. To tell you truth, this is making zero news here in the
US. If you want to know, below are the important topics being discussed on all the broadcast
channels and online:

1. Resignation of CIA Director, David Petraeus
2. The Gen. John Allen Affair
3. The Fiscal Cliff
4. The Person to replace Hilary Clinton as Secretary of State (Kerry or Rice)
5. The Person to replace Leon Panetta as Secretary of Defense
6. Obama's consideration of Romney as Commerce Secretary (rumour).

Nobody is talking about Texas secession because it is simply not going to happen.

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:

They are ONLY rednecks in their backyard, when you see non-smiling, ground forces patrolling the streets and highways of TX, by fire by force, they will calm down.

Not when they're on bath salt and caine, with AK47s like the rag-heads in Tora Bora caves lol...

Most of the chaps in the National Guard and US Army are from these states, anyway..

Do you think they will kill their own people just like that?
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
Discordia: I read somewhere that they signed a deal with the US before joining that they can leave any time they like.

Hmm, every state in the U.S. was admitted in to the "UNION" called the "UNITED STATES". Upon admittance, they signed documents which is what the Constitution allowed them - the right to form/institute a new government.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
Discordia: I read somewhere that they signed a deal with the US before joining that they can leave any time they like.

Texas has the 15th largest economy in the world based on GDP figures - for just 25million people...

I doubt they'll suffer, if they decide to secede...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

Not when they're on bath salt and caine, with AK47s like the rag-heads in Tora Bora caves lol...

Most of the chaps in the National Guard and US Army are from these states, anyway..

Do you think they will kill their own people just like that?

Hmm, you have come with your own statistics abi?

That you come from these states has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to serve your nation under your presidents orders. Ak-47's are nothing when it comes down to the stockpile of America's weapons. The people have a right to protest peacefully, but when you begin to destroy lives and properties, you become an enemy of state and should be treated as such. Any soldier that CANNOT set his/her sentiments aside and fight for their nation should be court-martial immediately and expelled from the Army. There are folks who're more than willing to fight for their nation.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by solomon111(m): 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
Do you think they are like Nigeria,where the states depend on the FG?
If Texas and other smaller states secceed,the economy of US will suffer significantly,and china will become the most wealthiest nation in the world,while russia will be the most powerful.
SWEET!
Let their own prophecy back-fire on their own head.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." / The Israeli Raid On Damascus, An ‘unprecedented’ Escalation Of Tensions / Israel Bombs Sudanese Rockets Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.