Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! (16240 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / US Secession Petitions Filed For 50 States / Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 1:13am On Nov 14, 2012
shymexx:

Calm down, brother... America is the "world police" - and anything that affects the yanks, affects everyone in the west...

So, people should be allowed to have a discourse about the most powerful country in the world(at least for now till China takes over in 4 years' time)... grin

I'm calm, I just don't see why we're talking about issues that won't manifest for another 10years down the road i.e., if we're to go by it's face value. I gave a prime example of a high profile case that has lasted for 6yrs and counting. The Justice Dept will stall their efforts and we all know it, besides, their so-called leaders will bail when the time comes, I mean which republican will come out to stand for this nonsense? so I just don't see the reason for the arguments.

We're having a discourse about it, I get it. What I'm saying is I don't want to have a discourse on something that pretty much FUTILE. As far as Manny is concerned, it's hot air...CASE CLOSED.

China taking over in 4years? In what exactly? Economy? In case you don't know their economy is having a setback - they just re-adjusted their growth by 20% for this year and even forecast for next year, we don't know. Or is it military? I can't laugh enough. Dude, you and I will live for the next four years, I love to see how they intend on surpassing i.e., if Israel hasn't started Third World War.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by fezstir: 1:15am On Nov 14, 2012
shymexx: ^^^^How about people who actually lived in Yankee and went to high school there for a minute, before you moved there? undecided

As a descendant of the earliest European settlers of the U.S., I'm telling you we will continue the project and the 'secessionists' will continue to go to work and pay their taxes and be good slaves, and if they start raising weapons, that will be the end of them forever. It's convenient to let the religious nuts think they run things sometimes, they're just upset about being put in their place.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 1:17am On Nov 14, 2012
ekt_bear: manny, isn't worth wasting your time discussing this with people who don't even live in yankee or understand how things work

To be honest, I just don't want to engage in this nonsense talk. You're right, it's doesn't worth it. I'm even having headache, arguing makes it worse...My stand is CRYSTAL CLEAR - If they want to secede, they should leave. They shouldn't forget to take the $5trillion debt, our beloved Texan Ex-President got us into.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 14, 2012
manny4life:
I'm calm, I just don't see why we're talking about issues that won't manifest for another 10years down the road i.e., if we're to go by it's face value. I gave a prime example of a high profile case that has lasted for 6yrs and counting. The Justice Dept will stall their efforts and we all know it, besides, their so-called leaders will bail when the time comes, I mean which republican will come out to stand for this nonsense? so I just don't see the reason for the arguments.

We're having a discourse about it, I get it. What I'm saying is I don't want to have a discourse on something that pretty much FUTILE. As far as Manny is concerned, it's hot air...CASE CLOSED.

China taking over in 4years? In what exactly? Economy? In case you don't know their economy is having a setback - they just re-adjusted their growth by 20% for this year and even forecast for next year, we don't know. Or is it military? I can't laugh enough. Dude, you and I will live for the next four years, I love to see how they intend on surpassing i.e., if Israel hasn't started Third World War.

Brother, that's what the forum is about... People should be allowed to air out their views and have discourse about different subject matter, no matter how myopic and stupid they might sound... In a debate, there's no right, or wrong point-of-view - the most important thing is how you argue your points with proofs to back up your claims... America is the most powerful country in the world and everything about America will always get everyone talking, to be honest...

You don't need to live in a country to know how things work there - we live in a global village, and everything is accessible on the internet... I don't live in Nigeria, however, I know more about Nigeria than most people living there... I frequent many American blogs and websites - and I debate American academics about American politics as well.. And they always welcome my opinions... There are loads of Americans who sleep and wake up on UK blogs talking about the UK and its politics with Brits... It's a learning process...

About China having the largest economy in 2016:

China's economy to overtake US in next four years, says OECD
China will overtake the US in the next four years to become the largest economy in the world, says a leading international thinktank.

The Paris-based Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) said China's economy will be larger than the combined economies of the eurozone countries by the end of this year, and will overtake the US by the end of 2016.

Global GDP will grow by 3% a year over the next 50 years, it says, but there will be large variations between countries and regions. By 2025, it says the combined GDP of China and India will be bigger than that of France, Germany, Italy, Japan, UK, US and Canada put together. Asa Johansson, senior economist at the OECD, said: "It is quite a shift in the balance of economic power we are going to see in the future."

Inequalities will persist, even though people in the poorest countries will see their income more than quadruple by 2060, with those in China and India seeing a more than a seven-fold increase. By 2060, the OECD says living standards in the emerging countries will still only be 25%-60% of the level enjoyed by those in the US.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/nov/09/china-overtake-us-four-years-oecd

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 14, 2012
fezstir:
As a descendant of the earliest European settlers of the U.S., I'm telling you we will continue the project and the 'secessionists' will continue to go to work and pay their taxes and be good slaves, and if they start raising weapons, that will be the end of them forever. It's convenient to let the religious nuts think they run things sometimes, they're just upset about being put in their place.

Lmao @ the bolded, brother...

Can we get the opinions of the Native Americans as well lol...

Obviously, I know they're just noisemakers - I just wanted to rock the boat a little bit, and get people's opinions...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 3:42am On Nov 14, 2012
Vermont, which is a blue state talked about secession during Bush administration.

cpa-cash:
The whole world is watching with keen interest. Anyway, I learnt this is not the first time of such calls. It happened in 2004 also.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 3:55am On Nov 14, 2012
With a record gun sale in the first week of November. shocked shocked
Crackers have held a lot in, with time they will explode.

obadiah777: I HOPE YOU HEATHEN BLACK PEOPLE HAVE GUNS SHA. WHITEY IS COMING FOR YOU. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. WHITES HAVE BEEN TRAINING FOR THIS RACE WAR SECRETLY.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 3:59am On Nov 14, 2012
It sure is ooo!!!

shymexx:

However, don't you think it might end up destabilising Obama's second term? - more Southern States are probably going to join the secession cries with time and that's kind of problematic...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 4:05am On Nov 14, 2012
But as dumb as the one you have in there now.
sweetcheecks:

@Op
AMERICANS ( WHITES) ARE SUCH HYPOCRITES, THE HAVE BEEN FORCING THEIR SO CALLED DEMOCRACY ON OTHER PEOPLE WHEN THEY TRUELLY CAN NOT STAND THE IDEA OF BLACK MAN BEING THEIR PRESIDENT.

TALK ABOUT INTOLARANCE, WHAT IS 4 YEARS? WHY CAN'T THEY WAIT?

BUSH WAS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE WORLD HISTORY OPENING THE WORLD TO A STRING OF IDIOTIC PRESIDENTS, SA PRESIDENT INCL. IF HE COULD BE A PRESIDENT EVERY DUMB AND DUMBER COULD BE ONE.

SURPPRISINGLY THERE WAS NO SECESSION, WHAT IS SOO UNFORGIVABLE DONE BY OBAMA THAT BUSH DID NOT DO WORSE OF? HONESTLY LET THEIR DEMOCRATIC SHAM CRUMBLE. PSHEWWWW lipsrsealed

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 4:08am On Nov 14, 2012
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin And where are those ground forces coming from Nigeria
manny4life:

They are ONLY rednecks in their backyard, when you see non-smiling, ground forces patrolling the streets and highways of TX, by fire by force, they will calm down.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 4:14am On Nov 14, 2012
There are so many things that are not reported on main stream media. Anything that will make Obama look bad is not reported.

BizBooks: Texas has a population of 25 Million. Now, how do you think that an online petition signed by
25,000 people will decide her fate. To tell you truth, this is making zero news here in the
US. If you want to know, below are the important topics being discussed on all the broadcast
channels and online:

1. Resignation of CIA Director, David Petraeus
2. The Gen. John Allen Affair
3. The Fiscal Cliff
4. The Person to replace Hilary Clinton as Secretary of State (Kerry or Rice)
5. The Person to replace Leon Panetta as Secretary of Defense
6. Obama's consideration of Romney as Commerce Secretary (rumour).

Nobody is talking about Texas secession because it is simply not going to happen.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 4:23am On Nov 14, 2012
grin grin And sango will be their religion.

hotwax:

So hausa is gonna be their first language?
This is A̶̲̥̅​ war between repuiblican and democrats.
Zionists versus Illuminatis/satanist.

Let's see who wins. Although Illuminatis has won thre election.

My blood is still zion.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 4:37am On Nov 14, 2012
I concur ooo! As they say, whom the gods would destroy they first make mad- in this case deaf.

thelastPope:

Many of you make simplistic and naïve comments. You should read a lot of history and the human sciences. Obama will be very worried right now. Saying 25000 people is insignificant is a very naïve way to think. Some things start small and spiral out of control. Society has alway been driven by trends. Many of the lybians and tunisians and egyptians who joined the arab spring can't even explain why they joined. What is happening in America is a very serious indicator of a major problem waiting to happen. The fact that CNN and MSNBC are avoiding it is another proof that they know it can have very far reaching implications. Declaring martial law, believe me, is that last thing Obama would want to do. That will be the final straw that will break America. The pictures of American soldiers on American streets will never unite America. It will forever change America. People are very worried that Obama was reelected and it isn't because they are racist like some of you tried to paint. Some people who are worried voted Obama in 2008. Never forget Obama won the majority votes by just 2%. The electoral college figures doesn't really give the right picture. Obama narrowly won and that is the fact. I watched the analysis on CNN and what most of the media guys concluded and agreed on is that America is seriously divided and Obama has a tough task to unite America. The republicans believe that the social ideologies of Obama and the democrats will ruin America and with 57 million people on government aid, I think they have a strong case.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 4:44am On Nov 14, 2012
There is a certain number required and you bet those cowboys know what they are doing.

eledalo: 25000 out of a population of 2.5 million? Wait make I laugh finish.

If 25000 people in Lagos sign petition for government to repair their transformer for area... who go answer them? You go see am for Nairaland?
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 4:47am On Nov 14, 2012
Yeah! same way Bush had racists all over his case. What goes round comes round.

Ugosample: Those people against Obama are either racists or religious fanatics... My opinion!
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 4:53am On Nov 14, 2012
I saw it on Fox news today. The only channel that is fair, balanced and un afraid.

adesojiaderemi@:
YOU GUYS SHOULD FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DISCUSS,NO MEDIA IS CARRYING THAT NEWS IN US,SEX SCANDALS AND FISCAL CLIFF ARE THE PRIORITIES.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 4:55am On Nov 14, 2012
Journalism is almost dead in the US.

shymexx:

Have you ever heard about media blackout?

Well, it's all over the news in the UK..
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by ojeffo: 4:57am On Nov 14, 2012
Pls ¶ want to drink garri!...has d price come down?
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 5:33am On Nov 14, 2012
Team Gari Ijebu forever!!!

ojeffo: Pls ¶ want to drink garri!...has d price come down?
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by whitecat007: 5:44am On Nov 14, 2012
when Michele Obama cassava is harvested from the White house back lawn, they will send some to you to make your own gari, in addition to $200Lb kobe beef Michele dey chop for white house.
ojeffo: Pls ¶ want to drink garri!...has d price come down?
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by cleric(m): 5:56am On Nov 14, 2012
Mgbadike80: ^^ thanks for explaining. Nice to know that american judicial system can equally be hijacked into perpetual adjoinments.

grin grin Perpetual adjournments are every where and is not peculiar to only Nigeria.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by jakaiso(m): 6:08am On Nov 14, 2012
Mgbadike80: I asked this same question on d other thread and none of this yankee nigerians answered it, instead they were busy maligning each other over nigeria and biafra. Pls can somebody tell me what happens now that the signatures have reached 25000.

Bros-nothing will happen.People have been pushing these issues since 1865.

It will never happen.

Not that America wont break one day ( no nation in history has continued without breaking in one form or the other except maybe Ethiopia and Egypt.)

There are people in this world whose survival and well being depends on being the center of attraction or in the news-so they always have to shout over something.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by linearity: 7:11am On Nov 14, 2012
noblezone: Bros, it is very true.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions
(White House petition page). Other states have started, but Texas have passed the minimum signatures required for government to respond.

http://cnntopstory..com/2012/11/online-petition-would-have-texas-secede.html
(This is from CNN top story).

It is much ado about nothing...there is no right for secession in the United States constitution. This is just people going through one of the four stages of the big lost they received at the just concluded election. They felt the bad economy gave them a really great shot at the Presidency, by 11:00pm on November 6, 2012...it became clear that, their hope was just a pipe dream....

They immediately enter the first stage of grieve, which is denial...now they have evolved into sadness...give them time; they will get around it.

If they were serious about not wanting to be identified as Americans, they constitution provides from renunciation of American's citizenship, but they are not going that route but they are bunch of sad losers.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by eggheaders(m): 7:12am On Nov 14, 2012
reason for all this rancor,is cause the usa is going through tough time.And with the man in the white house there is no hope of their lots bettering any time soon.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Paentera(m): 7:24am On Nov 14, 2012
noblezone: There are some news that just sounds like dreams!

America The Great is fallen!

Texas has reached the 25000 signatures for the petition for seccessation, what will be Obama's approach?

Now, Obama will likely react to it as if nothing is happening, but that might result in civil disobedience.

If civil disobedience starts, which of the wars will Obama prefer?

1. Roll out the tanks and raise Texas or
2. Attack a middle Eastern (Iran?) to start the 3rd world war?

Which ever way it goes, America has finally sank!

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Almost-50000-want-Obama-to-weigh-in-on-Texas-secession-179049481.html

They should take the Nigerian Jews' option and declare a republic na and let us see if "There was a Country" won't be pounded to submission. Mtschew. Secession ko, Sicily ni.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Ehisod(m): 8:04am On Nov 14, 2012
whitecat007: I saw it on Fox news today. The only channel that is fair, balanced and un afraid.

Sorry to burst your bubble fox news is just a republican media front so get your thoughts right on that one.

@OP so 25,000 signatures out several millions, regarding such an issue is enough to raise cane about in a state that was the nursery of pro-slavery, KKK, "red-necking", and other anti-negro activities. Com' on man stop reading them blogs and print media that rely on sensationalism to move volumes. Texas no dey go any where. The 25k in your numbers represent a bunch of sore loosers who are still finding it hard to resign themselves to the fact that all Americans irrespective of skin tone are equal and thus a black president has always been on the cards since the days of Martin Luther King Jr. Like I said before, America nothing dey happen carry on jo! The economy will come around soon it will be much easier if Obama did not have to contend with a House that was not at cross purpose with him.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by texazzpete(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2012
Too many m0r0ns in Nigeria.

Do you know how many petitions to legalize marijuana have been sent to the whitehouse over the years, without any response from the US Govt? And that's by FAR more people than the measly 25,000 that have signed this petition.

Majority vote, the people pressing for this seccession stuff will not even be up to 1%

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by chronique(m): 8:54am On Nov 14, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
YOU GUYS SHOULD FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DISCUSS,NO MEDIA IS CARRYING THAT NEWS IN US,SEX SCANDALS AND FISCAL CLIFF ARE THE PRIORITIES.

Common dude! You're in America & no media is carrying something this serious;shouldn't intelligence tell you it's a ploy to surpress the real threat it poses? Remember the revolutions in libya,tunisia,egypt,etc started by a minority but got blown out of proportion when CNN & major American media started making it a 24hr digest. America used the power of the media in blowing these revs up. They're not talking about this cos they dont want it blown out of proportion. If this was happening in Iran,Syria or even Nigeria,it would be all over the place by now.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by chronique(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=adesojiaderemi@]YOU GUYS SHOULD FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DISCUSS,NO MEDIA IS CARRYING THAT NEWS IN US,SEX SCANDALS AND FISCAL CLIFF ARE THE PRIORITIES.

Common dude! You're in America & no media is carrying something this serious;shouldn't intelligence tell you it's a ploy to surpress the real threat it poses? Remember the revolutions in libya,tunisia,egypt,etc started by a minority but got blown out of proportion when CNN & major American media started making it a 24hr digest. America used the power of the media in blowing these revs up. They're not talking about this cos they dont want it blown out of proportion. If this was happening in Iran,Syria or even Nigeria,it would be all over the place by now.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 14, 2012
whitecat007: With a record gun sale in the first week of November. shocked shocked
Crackers have held a lot in, with time they will explode.

ITS ABOUT TO GET UGLY grin grin grin THOSE OF YOU WITH ENOUGH MONEY YOU BETTER RETURN TO NAIJA OR ELSE
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by mickjagger(m): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2012
I don't think that the US fundamentally more different than Bosnia, Lebanon, Belgium, Canada (think of the Quebec issue) or India (think of Pakistan and later Kashmir issue), or Turkey (think of the Kurdish issue), or Britain (think of the Northern Ireland issue), or Russia (think of the Chechen issue), or China (think of the Tibet/Xinjiang issues), or former Czechoslovakia, or former Yugoslavia.

The United States is populated by humans, just as the other countires are.

Polarisation is only going to increase, and at some point white anglos will be voting for white anglos, latinos for latinos, and blacks for blacks, just like many people around the world do.
For example if there are just 20 percent whites in the US, they will be voting just as blacks do, as they will feel under pressure from other, larger and stronger groups. The white vote today in the US is less ethnic than the black or the latino vote, but as their numbers decrease, radicalisation and ethnisation among whites will increase.

Then there is the issue of creeping bilingualism, and bilingual countries are never stable. Separatism in such countries is strong.
The americans are like people who never played with fire. They just believed their own propaganda of being an universalist nation, where ideas are ticker than blood. These ideas were born due to lack of experience, as their nation is young.

They are going to experience a process called balkanisation, something that many other countries before them experienced.

Bring on the pop corn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." / Antonio Guterres: Humanity On Brink Of Nuclear Annihilation / Israel Bombs Sudanese Rockets Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.