Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! (16253 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / US Secession Petitions Filed For 50 States / Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

Texas has the 15th largest economy in the world based on GDP figures - for just 25million people...

I doubt they'll suffer, if they decide to secede...

I don't know about "the world" but I know they are second after CA. They are there because of the influence of other union states. TX may stand alone, but things will definitely fall apart, there are so many thing TX doesn't have. TX is good for agriculture, but the financial hub is basically NY, while IT is for CA etc...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by denitro(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nigerians fooling themselves..

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:
Hmm, you have come with your own statistics abi?

Most of the folks in the US Army are from the Southern States, check the stats, bro...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:
I don't know about "the world" but I know they are second after CA. They are there because of the influence of other union states. TX may stand alone, but things will definitely fall apart, there are so many thing TX doesn't have. TX is good for agriculture, but the financial hub is basically NY, while IT is for CA etc...

What about the oil? grin

They have got that oil money and that should be able to sustain them for a long time...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by hotwax: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
Lmao.... They're going to become minorities in 20 years time and English will become the 2nd language, anyway...

Let them ride the wheel till it falls off...

So hausa is gonna be their first language?
This is A̶̲̥̅​ war between repuiblican and democrats.
Zionists versus Illuminatis/satanist.

Let's see who wins. Although Illuminatis has won thre election.

My blood is still zion.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by PehaKaso: 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

You know Texas has a right to secede, right?
Pls can any part of Nigeria exercise such rights?
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2012
This is the Texan flag.... grin grin grin grin

Obama, when are you gonna ride on ya enemies? - No Fly Zone, mate! cool

[img]http://1.2.3.11/bmi/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/Flag_of_Texas.svg/125px-Flag_of_Texas.svg.png[/img]
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by duality(m): 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2012
I believe the have the right. so they can go on.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by thelastPope(m): 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

American has been planning for this for years - and don't be surprised when Obama declares martial law in those states....

Many of you make simplistic and naïve comments. You should read a lot of history and the human sciences. Obama will be very worried right now. Saying 25000 people is insignificant is a very naïve way to think. Some things start small and spiral out of control. Society has alway been driven by trends. Many of the lybians and tunisians and egyptians who joined the arab spring can't even explain why they joined. What is happening in America is a very serious indicator of a major problem waiting to happen. The fact that CNN and MSNBC are avoiding it is another proof that they know it can have very far reaching implications. Declaring martial law, believe me, is that last thing Obama would want to do. That will be the final straw that will break America. The pictures of American soldiers on American streets will never unite America. It will forever change America. People are very worried that Obama was reelected and it isn't because they are racist like some of you tried to paint. Some people who are worried voted Obama in 2008. Never forget Obama won the majority votes by just 2%. The electoral college figures doesn't really give the right picture. Obama narrowly won and that is the fact. I watched the analysis on CNN and what most of the media guys concluded and agreed on is that America is seriously divided and Obama has a tough task to unite America. The republicans believe that the social ideologies of Obama and the democrats will ruin America and with 57 million people on government aid, I think they have a strong case.

2 Likes

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2012
hotwax:
So hausa is gonna be their first language?
This is A̶̲̥̅​ war between repuiblican and democrats.
Zionists versus Illuminatis/satanist.

Let's see who wins. Although Illuminatis has won thre election.

My blood is still zion.

Spanish is going to be their first language - messycans Mexicans have taken over... grin

They own the richest states in America, anyway... The yanks just bullied them in the 19th century.. sad
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
PehaKaso: Pls can any part of Nigeria exercise such rights?

Nigeria never agreed on that during the independence thing...

Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello wanted it to be included, however, Zik was against it...

If any part of Nigeria wants to secede, it has to be through an all out war... sad
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

Most of the folks in the US Army are from the Southern States, check the stats, bro...

Shymmex, post something that supports your claim - let's leave all this guess work.

shymexx:

What about the oil? grin

They have got that oil money and that should be able to sustain them for a long time...

Let me guess, Southern states have oil too... shoot, when the time comes, we shall know now...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
thelastPope:
Many of you make simplistic and naïve comments. You should read a lot of history and the human sciences. Obama will be very worried right now. Saying 25000 people is insignificant is a very naïve way to think. Some things start small and spiral out of control. Society has alway been driven by trends. Many of the lybians and tunisians and egyptians who joined the arab spring can't even explain why they joined. What is happening in America is a very serious indicator of a major problem waiting to happen. The fact that CNN and MSNBC are avoiding it is another proof that they know it can have very far reaching implications. Declaring martial law, believe me, is that last thing Obama would want to do. That will be the final straw that will break America. The pictures of American soldiers on American streets will never unite America. It will forever change America. People are very worried that Obama was reelected and it isn't because they are racist like some of you tried to paint. Some people who are worried voted Obama in 2008. Never forget Obama won the majority votes by just 2%. The electoral college figures doesn't really give the right picture. Obama narrowly won and that is the fact. I watched the analysis on CNN and what most of the media guys concluded and agreed on is that America is seriously divided and Obama has a tough task to unite America. The republicans believe that the social ideologies of Obama and the democrats will ruin America and with 57 million people on government aid, I think they have a strong case.

I think your comment was directed to the wrong guy...

We're on the same team, bruddah... cool
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2012
We have a problem: more than 70,000 people have signed a petition on the website of the White House asking for Texas to secede from the United States.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
thelastPope:

All these talk won't solve anything, pretty much LIES. Romney accepted defeat, it's time you accept yours. cool cool cool
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
redsun: It is sad.That is exactly what the tea party wants.

Their only agony is that people are going to become equal and they will end up destroying themselves,because that is what evil does,it destroys itself at a point.

The only thing that endureth for ever is love.
Nonsense! Lol... Does that mean we are going to return to Abraham Lincoln era?! Hehehe... Carry on Mr. president. You were chosen Mr. Obama!
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by juman(m): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
Even if a White House official does address the secession pleas, however, it's unlikely any action will be taken; the website promises little more than a response even for the most popular petitions.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57548931/rick-perry-dismisses-texas-secession-talk/
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:

Shymmex, post something that supports your claim - let's leave all this guess work.

Here is the proof:

"Rural counties dominated a list of the top 100 counties with the highest military recruitment rates in 2004 and 2008 figures compiled by the National Priorities Project, illustrated on the map above. Their analysis looked at the Army's recruitment rate per 1,000 people aged 18-24 in each county in the U.S. The highest rate in the nation in 2004 was from Mineral County, Montana, with three other counties from that state in the top 20. Other states in the list included Kansas with three counties, Texas with three, and Nebraska with two. Rural counties in Mississippi, Illinois, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Missouri, South Dakota, and Kentucky round out the list.

That year, more than 44 percent of military recruits came from rural areas, according to Pentagon figures. In contrast, only 14 percent came from major cities. Regionally, most enlistees come from the South (40 percent) and the West (24 percent).
"
http://www.livinghistoryfarm.org/farminginthe70s/life_07.html

And this: http://www.statemaster.com/graph/mil_tot_mil_rec_arm_nav_air_for-recruits-army-navy-air-force

Let me guess, Southern states have oil too... shoot, when the time comes, we shall know now...

These are the top oil producing states in America: Alaska, California, Louisiana, North Dakota, and Texas... Notice they have all filed for secession... grin
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Ugosample(m): 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
BizBooks: Texas has a population of 25 Million. Now, how do you think that an online petition signed by
25,000 people will decide her fate. To tell you truth, this is making zero news here in the
US. If you want to know, below are the important topics being discussed on all the broadcast
channels and online:

1. Resignation of CIA Director, David Petraeus
2. The Gen. John Allen Affair
3. The Fiscal Cliff
4. The Person to replace Hilary Clinton as Secretary of State (Kerry or Rice)
5. The Person to replace Leon Panetta as Secretary of Defense
6. Obama's consideration of Romney as Commerce Secretary (rumour).

Nobody is talking about Texas secession because it is simply not going to happen.
Please help me tell them! Bunch of losers!
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2012
Texas has the right to decide wherever the want to be and obama aint gonna do shit.

Even the UN supports right to self determinatio/Government so as they USA are carriers of UN so let's see how they will handle this case.

And to that nigga talking about striping citizen by birth of their right as a citizen, let me put it to you that even congress can't do that.

You guys think USA na Nigeria, Texas has longed planned for this and before they procced they knows they outcome so they are fully prepared.

If USA will split, let it split after all they have been spliting other countries and planting seeds of discord. Even Nigeria self is breaking up gradually
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by miqos02(m): 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2012
BizBooks: Texas has a population of 25 Million. Now, how do you think that an online petition signed by
25,000 people will decide her fate. To tell you truth, this is making zero news here in the
US. If you want to know, below are the important topics being discussed on all the broadcast
channels and online:

1. Resignation of CIA Director, David Petraeus
2. The Gen. John Allen Affair
3. The Fiscal Cliff
4. The Person to replace Hilary Clinton as Secretary of State (Kerry or Rice)
5. The Person to replace Leon Panetta as Secretary of Defense
6. Obama's consideration of Romney as Commerce Secretary (rumour).

Nobody is talking about Texas secession because it is simply not going to happen.
you mean nigerians are just wasting their time discussing this issue?
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by 2sexy(m): 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2012
hotwax:

This america and not Nigeria. They have the right if they want. Especially when china and muslims are running A̶̲̥̅​ xtian dominated country. They need to break that union.
Did you read what he said before commenting? Na waoo
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

Here is the proof:

"Rural counties dominated a list of the top 100 counties with the highest military recruitment rates in 2004 and 2008 figures compiled by the National Priorities Project, illustrated on the map above. Their analysis looked at the Army's recruitment rate per 1,000 people aged 18-24 in each county in the U.S. The highest rate in the nation in 2004 was from Mineral County, Montana, with three other counties from that state in the top 20. Other states in the list included Kansas with three counties, Texas with three, and Nebraska with two. Rural counties in Mississippi, Illinois, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Missouri, South Dakota, and Kentucky round out the list.

That year, more than 44 percent of military recruits came from rural areas, according to Pentagon figures. In contrast, only 14 percent came from major cities. Regionally, most enlistees come from the South (40 percent) and the West (24 percent).
"
http://www.livinghistoryfarm.org/farminginthe70s/life_07.html

And this: http://www.statemaster.com/graph/mil_tot_mil_rec_arm_nav_air_for-recruits-army-navy-air-force

These are the top oil producing states in America: Alaska, California, Louisiana, North Dakota, and Texas... Notice they have all filed for secession... grin

Look, I don't care whether they secede or not, that is their fuc.king problem, NOT MINE. No offense bro, but I don't have the luxury time of discussing irrelevant issue that won't be taken serious for a couple of more years down the road. Like I initially stated, whether they have 25k, or 1miilion signatures, it's highly irrelevant until there's a legislative committee review...

Whoeever isn't happy about Obama's re-election can do whatever they wish.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ugosample: Please help me tell them! Bunch of losers!

Don't mind them,I dont know where the posters are getting their information from,it was "Illuminati" yesterday today,"secession" let us discuss how we can deliver Naija from falling first and leave America alone.I Have over 500 channels none is talking about this.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
The last thing America will do is to fight a war among itself cause there enemys are much and they will exploit that opportunity to make sure America doesnt exist again.

Americans knows better
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by eledalo: 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
25000 out of a population of 2.5 million? Wait make I laugh finish.

If 25000 people in Lagos sign petition for government to repair their transformer for area... who go answer them? You go see am for Nairaland?
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:
Look, I don't care whether they secede or not, that is their fuc.king problem, NOT MINE. No offense bro, but I don't have the luxury time of discussing irrelevant issue that won't be taken serious for a couple of more years down the road. Like I initially stated, whether they have 25k, or 1miilion signatures, it's highly irrelevant until there's a legislative committee review...

Whoeever isn't happy about Obama's re-election can do whatever they wish.

Don't worry when it kicks off, I hope the UN will declare a No Fly Zone over America lool...

I'm just having fun on this thread - America is about to get gang raped as well... grin
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
eledalo: 25000 out of a population of 2.5 million? Now I believe America is a place where voices are heard. Imagine if 25000 people in Lagos sign petition to secede from Nigeria... who go answer them?

Hmmm... But one person started the Arab Spring...
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
I do not pray that America breaks up but if they eventually do, I will be wearing the Texas Cowboy hat in commemoration of the Republic of Texas. Freedom and Liberty is being tested on the frontiers of Freedom Preachers!
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Ugosample(m): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
Those people against Obama are either racists or religious fanatics... My opinion!

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by eledalo: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

Hmmm... But one person started the Arab Spring...

You fit start the Nigerian version now. Abi you no get liver?

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

Don't worry when it kicks off, I hope the UN will declare a No Fly Zone over America lool...

I'm just having fun on this thread - America is about to get gang raped as well... grin

You're funny. Who's declaring no-fly zone? Is TX a sovereign nation?

America is not being gang raped, it's crazy fuckerz who can't stand Obama, nothing else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Julius Malema Called A Bbc Reporter A "Bastar..." / Israel Bombs Sudanese Rockets Factory / Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid Backs Two-state Solution ( Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.