Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (16618 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / 2015 Budget: Reps Query Illegal N222b On Subsidy / Subsidy 101: Q &A On Subsidy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Maidamma: 2:28am On Nov 16, 2012
Kai... I percieve another shoe story
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by taharqa: 2:55am On Nov 16, 2012
COOLDUN:

Then we can be compared to Canada right? By the way if there was no Oil in Nigeria, what would have been used as an excuse for the dying economy? If you like, you can continue to defend your government, who cares but the fact remains that the already deregulated products like Diesel is still a mirage. Millions of your type can occupy this nairaland forum for your duties but logically you won't succeed to fool everyone with these theorical economic policies. If Nigeria was not populated you would have used it as an excuse of not having a functioning economy.

Now Nigeria is over populated and that is why the masses should be wiped out with economical hardship. 1982 it was Austerity measure, I989 it was SAP, 1999 till 2010 it was Privatization, now it is Deregulation, still nothing is working. Europeans are rejecting what we accepted whole heartedly that has been sucking Nigerians to death,since 1982.Bad workman always quarrels with his tools. if your salary can't sustain you, then over time will never sustain you too.

Many countries that have no single drop of oil are fast developing and growing economically, while Nigeria government is always giving unnecessary excuses. With the level of CORRUPTION in this country, mostly in this present regime, no amount of fund can do anything if it is not adequately addressed. Next we will be hearing CABALS, TERRORIST, ELITES, BUNKERERS, NLC, ASUU, and OPPOSITION PARTIES that are responsible for the economical stagnancy in Nigeria.
Just read tru this comment and honestly dont get what model its actually espousing. I see lots of complains bout what have happend or is still happening, but no alternative plan suggestd. It seems you are generally adversd to Deregulatn and Privatisatn? If so, i respect that but they questn is what is d suggestd model going further? What is the working models in those countries you mentiond? Are they working well, and is there any moves by these countries to change their current models? How is the state of d oda aspects of dier Downstream sector apart from Refineries and PMS? I personally am cautious bout full Deregulatn and Privatisatn except if it is necessary (like in d Power sector which i fully support), so wud want to know of a workable model that wud bring efficiency and competition to the Downstream sector of d oil industry?
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Mgbadike80: 3:31am On Nov 16, 2012
Pls can somebody tell me how subsidy removal will eventually lead to private refineries. Current importers are paid #141 by d government and private refineries would still earn #141. Besides the immediate past shell md made it clear that they would not build any refinery even with subsidy removal. What have been done with the money saved so far from partial subsidy removal? What palliatives have been put in place? What action plan will be followed after d removal? It just reminds me of the huge increases in electric tariffs without anything to show as its gains. Nigeria power sector seems it would continue like this for long, then government would tell us that we need higher prices and d circle of deceit continues.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 3:42am On Nov 16, 2012
If a FG caps salary of Senators and Reps to $15,000 and £12,000 respectively and max expenses claimable capped at $1,000, how much would we save?
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by wowo2: 4:08am On Nov 16, 2012
is there any award for the most stupidest Nigerian?
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 16, 2012
No be una vote am?? mtcheew!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfDI8o4wMIU

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by denzel2009: 4:49am On Nov 16, 2012
He will award contract for bicycle lanes from Lagos to Abuja in January.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by bigtt76(f): 4:53am On Nov 16, 2012
Oya now remove am make we rest ...mtscheeeeeeew! We've been hearing about subsidy removal since God knows when yet no private refineries yet instead more private importers and more scarcities no wahala ...remove am ooo BUT make sure you remove subsidies on your salary and other pecks plus those of your NASS rogues!
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by henrysam(m): 5:18am On Nov 16, 2012
Youngzedd: Total removal of what?
Did u smoke weed? (Sorry for the harsh word though)

What have you done to subsidy scammers now u want to remove it entirely and enrich the pocket of morons.
what result did we get from those scammers that were found guilty.

If say na joke better stop am Mr President.

We no be M.U.M.U

una wan do coding again abi.

Where is Pastor Tunde Bakere.
Bros no be GEJ go prosecute the scammers o. And if he should poke nose too much una go accuse him of him of being a dictator. If the relevant agencies and authorities refused to do their jobs na GEJ go do am for them. He has tried to expose the fraudsters and u want him to prosecute and jail them when we have judiciary and police not doing their jobs. I still believe principle of separation of powers is still in Nigeria constitution

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by werone: 6:06am On Nov 16, 2012
I dey wait oh! Let's see what will follow.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by werone: 6:09am On Nov 16, 2012
Suffering and Smiling!!! I hear some us glamoring for state creation and building more schools in their domain. Why cant we cry and fight for more industries and what will profit our children/graduates instead of fighting for vain things?
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by jamil2(m): 6:44am On Nov 16, 2012
The ill- Yar'adua tenure is much appreciated than the current administration, then the fuel has a standard price where ever you go you must have pay #65 per litre and there is nothing goes beyond the government capabilty to carry out projects and yet salary has been paid to the workers and the standard living of average Nigerian has no different compare with this current govt that long ago subsidy has removed yet there is no change. I hope people will raise from death Yar'adua should have returned and continue his duty from where he stop.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 16, 2012
Where Redmosquito? grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 16, 2012
taharqa:

What are you talking about? Even today NNPC does not 'oversee who is able t import or not' as you put it, PPPRA does; and that body would scrapped if Full Deregulation sets in
pppra is part of nnpc and even if its scrapped, they will always find a way to make a mess of the whole exercise.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by ABUGEORGE(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2012
Super1759: december is here again, january subsidy drama wants to repeat itself again

*pheww, I haFf die.*.
dis na true talk o u just said o, dis was d same incident dat happen in january dat dis same man want to do again. Am so sorry for my country nigeria. Oh Nigeria wat a country
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 16, 2012
omowolewa:

Hope its safe to travel. Once beaten twice shy.
its not safe o, everyone should stay put where they are because another new year gift is in the making.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by ABUGEORGE(m): 7:14am On Nov 16, 2012
[quote author=henrysam]
Bros no be GEJ go prosecute the scammers o. And if he should poke nose too much una go accuse him of him of being a dictator. If the relevant agencies and authorities refused to do their jobs na GEJ go do am for them. He has tried to expose the fraudsters and u want him to prosecute and jail them when we have judiciary and police not doing their jobs. I still believe principle of separation of powers is still in Nigeria constitution[/quote pls talk has if u're from nigeria, did u know how many names of oil subsidy thieves dey present to president and ignore dem, try to be current before u made comment]
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by KENESAGA(m): 7:15am On Nov 16, 2012
obicentlis: I wish am in the military!
WHAT CAN DO, WE ONLY KNOW HOW TO TALK. U THINK IT'S EASY 2 MANAGE NAIJA WITH KIND OF WICKED OPPOSITION U'LL GET.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by 5much(m): 7:15am On Nov 16, 2012
last time it was occupy LAGOS.Hope it wont b OCCUPY NIGERIA this time around.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 16, 2012
jamil!:
The ill- Yar'adua tenure is much appreciated than the current administration, then the fuel has a standard price where ever you go you must have pay #65 per litre and there is nothing goes beyond the government capabilty to carry out projects and yet salary has been paid to the workers and the standard living of average Nigerian has no different compare with this current govt that long ago subsidy has removed yet there is no change. I hope people will raise from death Yar'adua should have returned and continue his duty from where he stop.
yar' adua was an awesome president. Even in weakness, his strong will still prevailed. You know everyone around Jonathan knows he's a category one hediot and they are all exploiting it like mad.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Youngzedd(m): 7:22am On Nov 16, 2012
henrysam:
Bros no be GEJ go prosecute the scammers o. And if he should poke nose too much una go accuse him of him of being a dictator. If the relevant agencies and authorities refused to do their jobs na GEJ go do am for them. He has tried to expose the fraudsters and u want him to prosecute and jail them when we have judiciary and police not doing their jobs. I still believe principle of separation of powers is still in Nigeria constitution

Can you recall what he said about removal of subsidy ealier this year?

Tell me what exactly is happening now.
If they like let them remove every every 9ja must surely survive.

Am just annoyed the way we are deceived.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Revolva(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2012
kaysy: The annoying thing is that 2015 is too far from here, atleast to trow this guy outta that Government House

I tell you I hate this Jonathan man with passion - what a lame ass birdbrain president -i tought they have removed the subsidy before and now again. We are finished
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by onyxo76(m): 7:28am On Nov 16, 2012
Hasn't subsidy been removed. I ve not bought fuel at 97 naira for months.make him do wetin e like jare, arrant nonsence.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by ABUGEORGE(m): 7:30am On Nov 16, 2012
Make person no wake one day come meet or hear say jonathan don sell dis country o. My question his why are all dis govt inflictin pains on d poor masses. First jonathan welcome us wit fuel subsidy happy new year now his fuel subsidy happy xmas. May God save us, is dis country moving forward or backward. Jonathan u pissed me off. I'll rather give my vote to a mad man dan u again thank God am no longer in naija to vote for any
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by DeWisedon(m): 7:31am On Nov 16, 2012
dis GEJ is really confused in dat seat.wat re his SA doing.i tink dey re d one misleading him.buhari would hav done beta dan dis man here.is fuel subsidy nt already existing?.dis country sucks mehn.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by KENESAGA(m): 7:54am On Nov 16, 2012
BetaThings:
It takes time, right?
Do you remember these people
President Yaradua
Bode George
WHAT DID THEY DO? EDUCATE ME PLS.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by onyxo76(m): 7:57am On Nov 16, 2012
What I dislike about all the subsidy thing is all the lies we have been fed for months. The gov still uses the same old trick in the book, 1. Create scarcity and keep mute 2.people begin to panic buy at whatever price available. 3.govt tries offering some fake explantions as if they are concerned about the situation. 4. Govt increases the price to the price you buy presently and you accept since you are already used to the new unofficial price as you have no other fuel alternative to drive your car or power your generator. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by franchizy(m): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2012
Why all this silly comments and attacks to GEJ, removal of subsidy is a good Omen to Nigeria, let us allow GEJ implement his reform, GEJ has done so much to move Nigeria 4ward, he needs our support, we ve d crude yet we import petroleum products, wit subsidy, no investor will b bold and confident enough to build a refinery in Nigeria, pls let's collaborate wit GEJ 4 a better Nigeia. ALUTA CONTINUA
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by jamace(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2012
Revenue collected by FIRS can finance our national budget:

https://www.nairaland.com/1087386/firs-generates-n3.81-trillion-9months

So, why is GEJ killing Nigerians with subsidy removal?
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by seunajia: 8:07am On Nov 16, 2012
henrysam:

Silly post. Don't come here spewing this idiotic rubbish again. Are you an f-ing retard? If your boss gives you a task and you're not fastidious with it, what should he do? Mugu.

And all you ba.stards talking trash *oh God! these are the most egregiously dumb and gullible people ever!* Fuel went from N65 to N97, can your slow brains at-least calculate the difference and multiply that by Local consumption? Subtract the result from the value of the past year and tell us where the goddamn money is angryangryangry

The fo.ols that supported him in January can now commit suicide. The palliatives have really been working :> we opposed him because we didn't want your village man there. Even if he is the dumbest PhD holder in the world, it's okay, your village man has to be in power!
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by garrigangster: 8:18am On Nov 16, 2012
Many are only interested in attacking the President and not to analyse the propriety of his actions.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by magiccheche: 8:20am On Nov 16, 2012
We are watching. I so regret ever casting my vote for Jonathan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take / Buhari Government To Involve FBI In Ex-Governors, Senators' Probe / Lawan, Akpabio: Supreme Court Lambasts Kperogi, Faceless Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.