Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,669 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (16617 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / 2015 Budget: Reps Query Illegal N222b On Subsidy / Subsidy 101: Q &A On Subsidy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Bolarge1(m): 8:20am On Nov 16, 2012
YES I BELIEVE YOU MR PRESIDENT BUT THE PROBLEM IS THE CORRUPTION SYSTEM IN OUR GOVERNANCE.

UNTIL CORRUPTION IS DEALT WITH I DO NOT HAVE TRUST IN YOUR GOVERNMENT SIR!

Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Dmanky(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2012
Let us all reason 2geda,@ least w all av a stake in ds nation,eitha directly or indirectly-u r bound 2 b affected,weda positively or nt,so lets stand 4d truth-ds same GEJ,gave us a blueprint of wt dy wl do wt d money realized by comin up wt SURE-P,weda as a result of eitha partial or total deregulation of fuel-ova 10mnths down d line,d money accrued cnt b accounted 4 interms of meaningful development-9ja roads r death traps hia n dia,epileptic powa supply,worst stil d increase in corruption of d government-i wonda if ow problem is a spiritual 1-even @ dt GEJ is dispose 2 all d resources he nids 2 catapult ds nation 2d nx level-all @ his beck n call.i pray he doesnt repeat ds statement"Oh i wish i shud av done ds or dt". D policies he is talkin of r as gud as no policies cuz dey r workin or beta stil nt executed.GEJ nts 2 act.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 16, 2012
I support complete subsidy removal but i don't trust Nigerian Government to use the money saved from subsidy for something better
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Uyipraise(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2012
Fela said i sorry for, nigeria We stil have a long way to go
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by sunny4life(m): 8:34am On Nov 16, 2012
taharqa:

Why I agree that the real issue to the opposition is the Trust thing between Nigerian Govts and the people, you are wrong @emboldened.

More than 45 individuals and companies are been prosecuted in batches in courts (anther 7 were arraigned just 2 days ago) and their monies have been withheld and so they cant service their debts in the banks talk less of getting new Bank facilities, that's why many of them are closing shops and not able to import fuel. Keep your views fact-based plz,
And how many govt officials have been persecuted by the govt?Remember,the indicted marketers are not alone in the corruption regime,the govt officials assisted them.We know wat is obtainable in this country...they are charged to court,enter plea bargaining,worse come 2 worse,only 2 yrs in jail,case closed.The fact is that GEJ is not serious about fighting corruption in the oil sector.#sings# I sory sory o,i sory 4 Nigeria,i sory sory o,i sory 4 Nigeria............
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by ldpele(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2012
warrior01: Call him whatever you like; Gej is right on point. Nigeria cannot continue to subsidize Petrol for the whole of West Africa. The sooner we all face the reality and say a big no to fuel subsidy, the better for us all. Just take a trip from Nigeria to Benin and other Ecowas countries, you'll understand why the so called subsidy has to stop now!
without u giving any reason,seen u av been to benin n other Ecowas countries,wat is ua reason?
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by ldpele(m): 8:46am On Nov 16, 2012
taharqa:

Young man! what do you want him to do or to have done? Lie any Suspect and order a Firing Squad? If not, it takes time to build cases and prosecution in courts, you know..any ways, i like to hear what you would have done if you were the one ie SOLUTIONS plz

Hope you understood my response well o :

so cn he stil equaly take his entire 4yrs or even 8yrs if giving to him to build case, the point is that they is always a stupid reason to fail,if u avnt notice,then am sori for u
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by banki(m): 8:49am On Nov 16, 2012
my question remains.... who paid th ubsidy monies? whose job is it to verify what was imported and what wa not imported, whose job is it to verify the quantity of petrol decleard as subsidy? how much does it take to build a refinery how many years does it take to build a refinery... who gave people who dont have buisness with oil and gas licences to import fuel.

Mr president lead us well....
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by anulaxad(m): 8:49am On Nov 16, 2012
garri_gangster: Many are only interested in attacking the President and not to analyse the propriety of his actions.
SHUT UP
WAS IT NOT HIM WHO PLACED THE SUBSIDY THERE HUH AND NOW HE WANTS TO REMOVE AFTER ALL THE MONEY HES TAKING FROM PEOPLE WHO CAN HARDLY AFFORD TWO DOLLARS A DAY ITS JUST SAD IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY THERE'S ARROGANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU TALKING LIKE THIS WHAT HAS HE DONE THAT HAS TOUCHED YOU.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by odyx: 8:49am On Nov 16, 2012
gej is anti nigeria, anti mass, poverty agent sent to liquiate the poor mass/Nigerians, we will resist him with the last drop of our blood
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by ldpele(m): 8:54am On Nov 16, 2012
gboss4sure: I support complete subsidy removal but i don't trust Nigerian Government to use the money saved from subsidy for something better
i wonder bouh people like you,you support them,yet u dnt trust them,aint u kinda cnfused. mayb u dnt knw y sme pple aint in suport,let me help u,its stil bases of trust. the govt znt sincere n yet u wanna put ua mouth or ua support whr u dnt trust.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by crisycent: 8:54am On Nov 16, 2012
I thought the FG bought some buses to ease the price hike of petrol? Where the buses at? The truth is that total deregulation will lead to stiff and healthy competition between various marketers but the truth is that in Nigeria, nothing goes as planned. These marketers will belong to one union that will increase petrol price every year and that is my real concern. I know deregulation will end the diversion of petrol from Nigeria to neighboring countries but the FG should give it a real thought before implementing full deregulation.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by garrigangster: 8:55am On Nov 16, 2012
anulaxad: SHUT UP
WAS IT NOT HIM WHO PLACED THE SUBSIDY THERE HUH AND NOW HE WANTS TO REMOVE AFTER ALL THE MONEY HES TAKING FROM PEOPLE WHO CAN HARDLY AFFORD TWO DOLLARS A DAY ITS JUST SAD IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY THERE'S ARROGANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU TALKING LIKE THIS WHAT HAS HE DONE THAT HAS TOUCHED YOU.
Educated illiterate
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Wadeoye(m): 8:55am On Nov 16, 2012
garri_gangster: Many are only interested in attacking the President and not to analyse the propriety of his actions.

Shut up your stinging stupidity filled mouth...
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by benzion72(m): 8:57am On Nov 16, 2012
GEJ at it again. The last time I said I doubt his PhD recently two Prof. From University of Port Harcourt is in the news for plagiarism on another person thesis from America. GEJ got his PhD from University of Port Harcourt. Can we you see the reasoning of a Nigeria PhD holder. Diesel Kerosene have being deregulated since but no refinery has sprout because of that. But this guys need to think very well. Okonjo the coordinating minister has him by the jugular and she is pumping world Bank theory into his brain. At a point OBJ has to relieve Okonjo from her job, when the only policy she has is increment of fuel price.
Let GEJ point to one project implement with the money saved from the recent past increments.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Wadeoye(m): 8:58am On Nov 16, 2012
magic cheche: We are watching. I so regret ever casting my vote for Jonathan.

When people allow bigotry to reduce their brain capacity to that of a sheep, this is what happens. We saw all these and we warned you guys.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Wadeoye(m): 9:03am On Nov 16, 2012
Dmanky: Let us all reason 2geda,@ least w all av a stake in ds nation,eitha directly or indirectly-u r bound 2 b affected,weda positively or nt,so lets stand 4d truth-ds same GEJ,gave us a blueprint of wt dy wl do wt d money realized by comin up wt SURE-P,weda as a result of eitha partial or total deregulation of fuel-ova 10mnths down d line,d money accrued cnt b accounted 4 interms of meaningful development-9ja roads r death traps hia n dia,epileptic powa supply,worst stil d increase in corruption of d government-i wonda if ow problem is a spiritual 1-even @ dt GEJ is dispose 2 all d resources he nids 2 catapult ds nation 2d nx level-all @ his beck n call.i pray he doesnt repeat ds statement"Oh i wish i shud av done ds or dt". D policies he is talkin of r as gud as no policies cuz dey r workin or beta stil nt executed.GEJ nts 2 act.

slowpoke
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 16, 2012
f00lish Nigeians
you guys voted for a dunce because you are dunces,we will buy fuel fior 1,000 naira very soon,as long as madam imf is in power..
where is Beaf,wereleibiri,jmaine etc,who used to be on nairaland day and night abusing Buhari..
they are in Aso Rock,and all you idiatas were used and dumped,shebi na chrisianity go buy you food,or na tribalism go buy una fuel?i said it before Nigerians love their chains,JAKI NATION

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 16, 2012
when you Nigerians abused Yaradua when he was very sick to the point to death saying
"he must go""where is Yaradua"etc,instaed of praying and giving suport to aa good man,you think God will not reward you for being so wicked...Fuel Subsidy must go,
.you must but fuel for five hundred naira,no rest for a wicked nation,wicked Nigerians.
I remember how you guys were even insulting a dead man...haha....na small thing una go see you reap what you sow.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by sunny4life(m): 9:15am On Nov 16, 2012
onyxo76: What I dislike about all the subsidy thing is all the lies we have been fed for months. The gov still uses the same old trick in the book, 1. Create scarcity and keep mute 2.people begin to panic buy at whatever price available. 3.govt tries offering some fake explantions as if they are concerned about the situation. 4. Govt increases the price to the price you buy presently and you accept since you are already used to the new unofficial price as you have no other fuel alternative to drive your car or power your generator. Rubbish.
All those that are defending the idiocracy and stu..pi..dity of Gej should give explanation to the statement above.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Abedfff14: 9:16am On Nov 16, 2012
am nt surprised at ur coments,all i want 2 say is that,we av fuel in our own country,y is it dat dis fuel are transported abroad wit large amount of money 4 refinin,had it been dey are refined here ,d transportation money is out of it,there by reducing d amount,4 example i av 3 drums of oil,i refined dem my self,i sel each 4 #10,bt if i shuld transport d dem 2 abroad wit #100,u knw i wil want 2 make my transport fare out of it by sell each 4 at least #50,wich many cant afford nd if dey can afford wil nt b easy,so d goverment said dey wil b paying #40 in d money,so u guyz wil buy it wit #10,bcoz of dat nw,some companies wil come 2 naija only 2 tap d oil den take dem 2 there refiniers in abroad to refine so dat dey wil gain frm d subsidy dereby makin no one 2 invest or build refineries in naija,those who wil invest in naija wil nt make much profit coz they wont b paid d subsidy dey are payin 4 others in abroad,looking at dis as a person,all u wil say is dat dey shuld remove d subsidy nd use d money to build refineries so dat there would b ntin lyk subsidy nd high fuel price nd scarcity,do u knw dat bcoz of dis payment of fuel subsidy som nigerians lyk obj,obat,agagu,jimoh et.c,all av refineries in abroad coz dey wil receive gain frm d subsidy,d question many wil ask is dat y cant dey do it in nigeria,so u wil see dat afta d refineries are built,nd fuel is lyk 50 naira,u knw dat those dat av refineries in abroad wil loose so dat may make dem sell it ,nd come home to invest,so i want 2 plead wit u pple 2 b patient 4 a while,i knw d questn most of u wil ask is dat,wat of if it didn't work,all we av 2 do is b patient nd pray 2 God 2 help d president,I REP GEJ,GREAT NIGERIANS GREAT
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 16, 2012
I see you are still mourning your beloved "Iya aladura" Yar'dua so am not gonn give u a death blow yet but i'll do my best to tear u apart! Somebody just told me u are Turai's half sister so i can feel your pain about Umoru's heartbreaking death. Stop crying! pray for god to bring him back or if u dnt wann miss your precious umoru, u can fly to katsina and dig up his grave, lay down beside him with his balls in your hand then ask Turai to cover u two with sand.
It's only in Nigerian one can find mAn as crude, heartless and unrefined like you two.
This statement is synonymous to the love of your life "Iya aladura" a.k.a, go slow, yara dulla, may his turia tortured soul rest in fish for holdin a whole nation spellbound for 6months!! Hey sweety, u dnt want it with me or "platinumnm" ( ;Dwats up baby! no be so?? ). Better stay back in the kitchen preparing kunnu for your sista turai to cool her temper on d loss of her loveth snail husband. There are some godzilla on this thread now looking for blood to suck dry! A word is enought for the wise! Just tellin ya cos i dnt want u to die a premature death on NL!!! make i no talk to much because i knw say u dey in a state of mourning!!! Oloshi,
Bj sweetie, I couldn't help laughing at few of your words even though your first paragraph was too nasty. Like somebody mentioned you are really hurting dear, and I feel your pains okay Baby. From the tone of this thread I now understand how much people are hurting over that unfunny behaviour of not been communicated to but believe me if yar adua was conscious I am sure he can be so irresponsible as to keep quiet on Nigerians that long. I didn't find it funny then too but now that he is dead I realized that he must have been in Coma all those while. Pls stop hurting okay guys.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Ivynwa https://www.nairaland.com/442984/yaraduas-body-leave-presidential-villa/2
an example of the heartlessness of Nigeriians..this is a man who revered fuel from 65 naira to 60 naira..haha

wetin una dey cry for,no be with enjoyment una sign your death warrant....JAKI NATION
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Abedfff14: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2012
i knw there wil b inflation nd high cost of transportation ,bt com 2 tink of it,if fuel is #40,u wil see dat everitin wil b cheap nd travelling wil b easy coz u dnt av 2 pay much,bt lest endure coz b4 u wil make gold it must pass through fire,pls dnt abuse any1
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 16, 2012
Abedfff14: i knw there wil b inflation nd high cost of transportation ,bt com 2 tink of it,if fuel is #40,u wil see dat everitin wil b cheap nd travelling wil b easy coz u dnt av 2 pay much,bt lest endure coz b4 u wil make gold it must pass through fire,pls dnt abuse any1

BEFORE NKO?NO BE WETIN UNA VOTE FOR?CONTINUING OF SUFFERING?
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by ultiliberty(m): 9:24am On Nov 16, 2012
Goodluck jona, jona jona, hmmmmmmm SUBSIDY / SURGERY
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by born2begreat(m): 9:40am On Nov 16, 2012
Shey aye omokunrin yi fe baje ni. Why he dey rule us like sey we be fools. E no go better for your papa for suffering us. God go punish your generation,past, present and future generations... Motherfucker... Ape family
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Standing5(m): 9:41am On Nov 16, 2012
Billyonaire:
"Immediately you made that statement, I sent a note to my chief Economic Adviser to tell me the ownership structure of the refineries in Canada. He replied that all the refineries in Canada are private sector owned with strong public sector regulatory regime and this is the key thing," he said.
Oil vessels still don't crawl at snail speed through the Canadian waters and Canada has no NNPC-like Set up.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Dee60: 9:46am On Nov 16, 2012
Subsidy removal? A never ending saga in the global headquarters of corruption. But I believe that God will save Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by Dee60: 9:58am On Nov 16, 2012
Hello, first recover the stolen trillions from subsidy thieves. Even Cosmas Maduka is moving fast to recover his own money. That's just one individual. How come the state is only just messing around.

Recover the stolen trillions and I think that will be enough to set up a few refineries.

Heed good advice and do not set the house on fire again come January 1. Your Nigerian advisers donot have anything to lose. They will go to Maldives, Bahamas etc to continue to enjoy the loot while their refineries in Niger, Senegal etc will keep running and exporting to the country they helped to ravage.

FG is always talking about 'subsidy removal' and not deregulation. They know what they are doing. They say that because you can always 'remove subsidy', so there is no end to the game.

From IBB to Abacha, to OBJ to Yaradua to GEJ there has been 'subsidy removal' but this regime wants to beat them all in magnitude and frequency. But we believe that God will save Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by az77zy(m): 10:13am On Nov 16, 2012
This coconut headed thing called gej wan start him mumu again o
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by deelobe: 10:15am On Nov 16, 2012
I used to think Jonathan was confused but he is not. people that know him say he is a very deep man, sets baits to achieve what he wants. He has been silent about the scarcity since waiting for this day to bring up the agenda he started last year. He wanted Nigerians to experience sufferings so that they will have no choice but to agree. Do you know the hardship Nigerians are going through. its never been this bad. that's is the legacy Jonathan wants to leave behind. He is not any way confused he knows exactly what he is doing. May God deliver us from Jonathan. behind that smile is a cynical, calculated man. [color=#990000][/color] smiley
Re: Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal by astricker: 10:16am On Nov 16, 2012
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cash Swap Riots: We Are Investigating Governors Over Inciting Utterances – IGP / Buhari Government To Involve FBI In Ex-Governors, Senators' Probe / Lawan, Akpabio: Supreme Court Lambasts Kperogi, Faceless Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.