Stats: 3,194,937 members, 7,956,525 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:20 PM

The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? (26109 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? / Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? (2) (3) (4)

The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by jaidor: 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
I am throwing this question out to all the love gurus or love doctors in the hood....

There is a girl in my sch (a uni) which I so much desire, but have'nt talk with her for once...cos the oppurtunity has'nt show up yet. I've only been seeing around 1nce in a while. n she is soo pretty dat every guy wants her.

How am I suppose to go about it? i think i shud make it faster cos of some other "sharp guys" out there.

Maybe I shud add that there are 2yrs academic intervals btw us...n i am d senior

I won't mind if can get some perfect 'Lines' that'll melt her heart.

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by nikkyshyne(f): 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
Simple.

Babe, I gbadun your style. Anytime I see you, my heart goes jigijigi. Can I be the only gecko on your wall? The only cockroach in your wardrobe?? Babe, give me this chance kiss

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by ayolatun(m): 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
Guy go and ask Google na!

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by jaidor: 9:52pm On Nov 16, 2012
ayolatun i no sey google dey before I post am here, so if u no get anything sensible contribution no need of stressing urself to type...

@nikky, i aprc8 but dats kinda old sch things nah haba.

Nt dat I dnt knw what 2 do or say guys...buh I jst want to get it RIGHT.
The yorubas says "a bèrè ôna kì í shìnà" meaning He who solicit for directions won't get missing.
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by chronique(m): 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
Simple. Wave her once or twice & say hi... Pick a day to confidently walk up to her,complement her & tell her you'd like to know her better & probably become friends with her. Dont ask her out from the onset cos it might spoil ur chances... Be urself & dont attempt rehearsed lines cos it could mess u up if u forget ur lines. Take it nice & slow & you'll be home in no time.

33 Likes

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Omolola1(f): 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
Guy, just be yourself

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by RedLight1: 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
nikkyshyne: Simple.

Babe, I gbadun your style. Anytime I see you, my heart goes jigijigi. Can I be the only gecko on your wall? The only cockroach in your wardrobe?? Babe, give me this chance kiss
nikkyshyne
I gbadun your style. Anytime I see you, my heart goes jigijigi. Can I be your only post on nairaland? the only internet u dey use surf nairaland??
babe gimme this chance kiss

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by RedLight1: 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2012
Omolola1: Guy, just be yourself
as if young naija gals of nowadays care about being urself.... be like wizkid, or pretend to have small change and see them begging to suck ur cock .ewww

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Omolola1(f): 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2012
Red-Light:

as if young naija gals of nowadays care about being urself.... be like wizkid, or pretend to have small change and see them begging to suck ur cock .ewww

Haba!
'Pretence' is a total turn-off for me sha

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by RedLight1: 11:34pm On Nov 16, 2012
Omolola1:

Haba!
'Pretence' is a total turn-off for me sha
but atleast his pretence woulda turned u on and probably get u layed ... and when u finally found out he was pretending, u get turned off right?

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by lacasa: 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
Guy, dnt use any pick-up line u see/hear in films.

Just take a day or two to study her, her behaviour, her likes, does she move alone or wt 2,3 girls at a time, etc

After dat, u wld αve gotten some info 2 work with.

Nxt, pik a time, preferably after class, walk up to her n be like hi..

Den wt d info u've gotten n d advantage of meeting wt her in a natural setting (i.e after class) u no go get liver failure.

#goodluck

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by RedLight1: 11:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
lacasa: Guy, dnt use any pick-up line u see/hear in films.

Just take a day or two to study her, her behaviour, her likes, does she move alone or wt 2,3 girls at a time, etc

After dat, u wld αve gotten some info 2 work with.

Nxt, pik a time, preferably after class, walk up to her n be like hi..

Den wt d info u've gotten n d advantage of meeting wt her in a natural setting (i.e after class) u no go get liver failure.

#goodluck

stalking style cool
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Exponental(m): 11:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
Some words posted 4 u to use may not be suitable, just have a good courtesy while u approach with some complimentary words. Dont fake anything, be real while u try being a friend.
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 17, 2012
I will advise you to be urself try this out am issuing based on ur post. Walk up to her say d word 'Hi' definately with a good smile on your face and tell her your mind like 'I have been noticing n admiring you all these while but I was also wondering wat kinda person u r? U look 9ce n good to get acquinted to... I am ... And you r *wait for her name* all these should be done wif confidence, calmness and a controled smile and don't mind taking her hand gently from a shake gesture while talking then end it up by telling her dat u hope to meet her maybe d next day then let her go... Simple d next day 'Hi we meet again.... Can I hv ur number i always desired to... GOOD LUCK

23 Likes

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 17, 2012
never ask for a number within the week,if you are interesting you will know when you should ask for a number.

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 3:22am On Nov 17, 2012
I hear girls dig guys that rep big dogs. just go there and bark like one
"miss whoof whoof awhuuuuu meowwundecided"

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Mynd44: 3:38am On Nov 17, 2012
A university setting is the easiest. Watch her well and one day when she is having a drink or sitting down in class, walk in to her and just tell her you have been seeing her around and you won't mind being friends with her.

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Joliecoco: 3:45am On Nov 17, 2012
Just go up and talk to her when she is alone. it is not hard. smiley
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2012
Which ever way you can smiley
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by lipsyliscious: 11:43am On Nov 17, 2012
dvdon: I will advise you to be urself try this out am issuing based on ur post. Walk up to her say d word 'Hi' definately with a good smile on your face and tell her your mind like 'I have been noticing n admiring you all these while but I was also wondering wat kinda person u r? U look 9ce n good to get acquinted to... I am ... And you r *wait for her name* all these should be done wif confidence, calmness and a controled smile and don't mind taking her hand gently from a shake gesture while talking then end it up by telling her dat u hope to meet her maybe d next day then let her go... Simple d next day 'Hi we meet again.... Can I hv ur number i always desired to... GOOD LUCK
I laugh in Spanish! @ op don't try some tinz here oh! D girl is a hot catch 4rm wat u said n dis definitely won't work. I'm in skul n I know how many guys ask 4 my name,numba n pin evryday. I'm just exasperated by d whole tin. I'll just tell u straight 'it takes 2 2 tangle' n I'm not gonna tangle with u,I'm interested so pls let me b n if I'm in an effervescent mood,I'll give u a fake name n numba so u don't bug me. Sometimes I'll let u talk till I get 2 my destination n simply say thanks 4 d company. If I'm in a restaurant wen u start,I'll just pick up my food n switch tables. Of course I don't always do dis,bt dis is wat u're lykly 2 get if u start lyk dat

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by claremont(m): 11:48am On Nov 17, 2012
Me: "What are you doing next week Friday?"

Most ladies: "Are you asking me out?"

Me: "Yes"

Simple, direct, and straight to the point. cool

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 17, 2012
lipsyliscious: I laugh in Spanish! @ op don't try some tinz here oh! D girl is a hot catch 4rm wat u said n dis definitely won't work. I'm in skul n I know how many guys ask 4 my name,numba n pin evryday. I'm just exasperated by d whole tin. I'll just tell u straight 'it takes 2 2 tangle' n I'm not gonna tangle with u,I'm interested so pls let me b n if I'm in an effervescent mood,I'll give u a fake name n numba so u don't bug me. Sometimes I'll let u talk till I get 2 my destination n simply say thanks 4 d company. If I'm in a restaurant wen u start,I'll just pick up my food n switch tables. Of course I don't always do dis,bt dis is wat u're lykly 2 get if u start lyk dat

Yeah u can laff all d way in Japan,India and d Bahamas but if u give me a wrong name n number I will call u by dat name and if u don't open up later someone else will correct me wif ur real name. Moreova if u r mature n confident of yourself u will give me ur name but if I noticed u lied about ur details its a turn down n u will eventually loose my repect. Its bad 4 a pretty lady 2 loose her respect believe me you will undastnd me if only u r pretty but if u r not, go ahead and laff in spanish because u don't wat an attraction say a geniue one.

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by 190: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2012
If she's Nigerian then use the-Money strategy grin grin

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by jaidor: 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2012
I really apprc8 all ya comments....thanks so much

@lipsylicious so what do you expect a guy to do if he wants to gain ur attention....+if he wants to ask u out
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Mynd44: 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2012
190: If she's Nigerian then use the-Money strategy grin grin
Werey

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 17, 2012
By confidently walking up to her and asking her out
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Switup: 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
law.............d, for crying out loud, Mr, don't you ever change...?? You started yammering this when i was 5, and you're still on it.....?? Damn!! Just go and get yourself a love life...., it'll help. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Switup: 8:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
law.............d, for crying out loud, Mr, you've being doing this since i was 5. Don't you ever change..... Damn!!! Please go get yourself a true love life...., it'll help.

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by nikkyshyne(f): 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
jaidor:
@lipsylicious so what do you expect a guy to do if he wants to gain ur attention....+if he wants to ask u out
Lipsylicious is correct oo. I laughed when I read dvdon lines. And who cares if you lose all respect for me if I give you a wrong number

What does he mean by
dvdon: I have been noticing n admiring you all these while but I was also wondering wat kinda person u r? U look 9ce n good to get acquinted to... I am ... And you r *wait for her name* all these should be done wif confidence, calmness and a controled smile and don't mind taking her hand gently from a shake gesture while talking
This post is bleeping hilarious. Big time turn off!!! FAIL!!! WTF

Abeg jaidor, just start with a simple hello/hi the first few times you meet her. This allows her get familiar with you sort off. Then you can proceed to 'you look good my name is jaidor what's yours? End it there.

At least the above will make you more relaxed with her and trust me, it will flow naturally as you graduate with your lines. You are at an advantage if you are good looking though.

By the way, I hate this line 'I'll like to know you better' angry

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by eduson002(m): 11:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
lipsyliscious: I laugh in Spanish! @ op don't try some tinz here oh! D girl is a hot catch 4rm wat u said n dis definitely won't work. I'm in skul n I know how many guys ask 4 my name,numba n pin evryday. I'm just exasperated by d whole tin. I'll just tell u straight 'it takes 2 2 tangle' n I'm not gonna tangle with u,I'm interested so pls let me b n if I'm in an effervescent mood,I'll give u a fake name n numba so u don't bug me. Sometimes I'll let u talk till I get 2 my destination n simply say thanks 4 d company. If I'm in a restaurant wen u start,I'll just pick up my food n switch tables. Of course I don't always do dis,bt dis is wat u're lykly 2 get if u start lyk dat
All girls are nt like u.

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by RedLight1: 12:15am On Nov 18, 2012
nonsense!
Are u trying to kill his his self esteem or what? angry
its people like u that easily fall for players that will dribble u like messi and later try to commit sucide like that u.i girl! No offence

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 18, 2012
@OP, if you read between the lines you will make the following deductions

*there is no particular method in wooing a lady

*every person has told you on how THEY will go about it had it been their's

*general pick up lines won't work with the way you describe this gurl are being hot and all that.
my suggestions is this, you can't know what you're capable of doing tillyou take the risk.your main problem is GETTING TURNED DOWN after letting her know how you feel about her.i've been there, done that and i know it hurts but remember, there is no harm in trial though there's hurt in this case when she says no but you just might never know.this gurl as you describe gets alot of wooers so you have to bring your A game on board cos' she prolly has seen all manners of wooing skillz so don't expect her to easily fall for you like a less sought after chick.just study her for a while, walk up to her and act sponatenously from what your mind tells you.

Remember not to rush her.take your time to be FRIENDS with her before taking it to another level.your period of friendship with her is a period she will use to scope you out and know if she should give you a chance and once she does that, you wont be needing a yes from her cos' her actions will tell you that its ON.so take that risk and make your feelings known after monitoring her.

What's The Longest Time You've Spent Trying To Woo A Woman? / Shocking Whatsapp Conversation Between A Guy And His Married Ex-girlfriend / How To Tell If A Guy Likes You: Does He Like You? Why Are Guys So Hard To Read?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57