Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? (25848 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? / Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by try69: 6:59am On Nov 18, 2012
190: If she's Nigerian then use the-Money strategy grin grin
Works for many of them. If anyone doubts, go ask a yahoo boy.
In Uni then, I had girls that know my girl very well that I end up shagging cos my house, my looks and the kinda dudes I hang out with sends dem the "money dey" message.
My brother traveled to europe and got a BB the following week so he could easily keep up with friends here and the next thing was girls he actually thought were decent or "just friend" started sending him unclad pics jus to get his attention even one of his friends sister. The dude has stopped using the BB for now..lol
I'm not saying there are no good gals out there thou. Just a few and by their fruits, ye shall know them.

2 Likes

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Mynd44: 7:44am On Nov 18, 2012
^^
smh
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by pleep(m): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2012
Just by reading this post i can tell that you wont be sucessfull. Just don't bother dude
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by 2sexy(m): 10:06am On Nov 18, 2012
Dont over think it because there is no formula

Use the friendship style... but that is if you have a long term package. you know.
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by 2sexy(m): 10:09am On Nov 18, 2012
try69:
Works for many of them. If anyone doubts, go ask a yahoo boy.
In Uni then, I had girls that know my girl very well that I end up shagging cos my house, my looks and the kinda dudes I hang out with sends dem the "money dey" message.
My brother traveled to europe and got a BB the following week so he could easily keep up with friends here and the next thing was girls he actually thought were decent or "just friend" started sending him unclad pics jus to get his attention even one of his friends sister. The dude has stopped using the BB for now..lol
I'm not saying there are no good gals out there thou. Just a few and by their fruits, ye shall know them.

To every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction... Newtons Law of Motion! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by lipsyliscious: 10:34am On Nov 18, 2012
Red-Light:

nonsense!
Are u trying to kill his his self esteem or what? angry
its people like u that easily fall for players that will dribble u like messi and later try to commit sucide like that u.i girl! No offence
jeez! Creeps lyk u should try n visit an optometrist! Cos u're obviously blind! I'm trying 2 tell d op dat pick up lines won't work 4 a hot chick especially since a lot of guys are clamouring 4 her attention. Walking up 2 her n trying 2 chat her up would make her tink he's lyk d rest. Its a university community 4 christ sake,even the 'not so hot' girls get toasted a lot. Mtcheww... @ op try making ur meeting her look natural n coincidental. Since u're not in d same level u may not have sumtin 2 strike a convo bt look 4 sumtin. Don't walk up 2 her n make a fool of urself. Dere are so many ways of talking 2 her without making it looked planned n making an impression. Goodluck with wateva u come up with

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 18, 2012
...and the girls are reading this too, lol, and who says she might not be reading this too Op, whatever will be, will be; life is just an already acted movie being replayed, so if she will be urs, whether she likes it or not, she will be n vice versa!

1 Like

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2012
lipsyliscious: I laugh in Spanish! @ op don't try some tinz here oh! D girl is a hot catch 4rm wat u said n dis definitely won't work. I'm in skul n I know how many guys ask 4 my name,numba n pin evryday. I'm just exasperated by d whole tin. I'll just tell u straight 'it takes 2 2 tangle' n I'm not gonna tangle with u,I'm interested so pls let me b n if I'm in an effervescent mood,I'll give u a fake name n numba so u don't bug me. Sometimes I'll let u talk till I get 2 my destination n simply say thanks 4 d company. If I'm in a restaurant wen u start,I'll just pick up my food n switch tables. Of course I don't always do dis,bt dis is wat u're lykly 2 get if u start lyk dat

You consider urself soooo stunning yet still not confident enough to put ur pic on your profile.
Hmmm !
Miss beautiful we've all heard u.

5 Likes

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Rooneyboy(m): 11:10am On Nov 18, 2012
lipsyliscious: I laugh in Spanish! @ op don't try some tinz here oh! D girl is a hot catch 4rm wat u said n dis definitely won't work. I'm in skul n I know how many guys ask 4 my name,numba n pin evryday. I'm just exasperated by d whole tin. I'll just tell u straight 'it takes 2 2 tangle' n I'm not gonna tangle with u,I'm interested so pls let me b n if I'm in an effervescent mood,I'll give u a fake name n numba so u don't bug me. Sometimes I'll let u talk till I get 2 my destination n simply say thanks 4 d company. If I'm in a restaurant wen u start,I'll just pick up my food n switch tables. Of course I don't always do dis,bt dis is wat u're lykly 2 get if u start lyk dat
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 18, 2012
...and some of the comments I read from the ladies here are the reasons TRUE LOVE can hardly exist in Nigeria...it is also the same reason y infidelity will hardly depart.

The op is sure in love n frm wot I can sense, he is ready to love dis said girl wholeheartedly, but cos d girl in question maybe reasoning like some girls commenting here, she will likely turn d guy down, n sooner will end up with d wrong guy like most here.

If only nature made it possible for people to see hearts to know who is real n who isn't, then infidelity n heartbreak may have not existed at all.

Ladies shud always respect guys who walks up to them to say hi I like u, cos it isn't easy, n I can never see my image to talk of myself walking up to a girl in real life to say such, u know y? I have pride n I can't belittle myself, so I respect guys who does such cos they hve courage to walk up to a stranger to say I like u, for what

Now I see y every Nigerian guy is bent on becoming financially rich...our women have really put us in a very tight corner n they r really paying for their ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by 2sexy(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2012
DailyNews: ...and some of the comments I read from the ladies here are the reasons TRUE LOVE can hardly exist in Nigeria...it is also the same reason y infidelity will hardly depart.

The op is sure in love n frm wot I can sense, he is ready to love dis said girl wholeheartedly, but cos d girl in question maybe reasoning like some girls commenting here, she will likely turn d guy down, n sooner will end up with d wrong guy like most here.

If only nature made it possible for people to see hearts to know who is real n who isn't, then infidelity n heartbreak may have not existed at all.

Ladies shud always respect guys who walks up to them to say hi I like u, cos it isn't easy, n I can never see my image to talk of myself walking up to a girl in real life to say such, u know y? I have pride n I can't belittle myself, so I respect guys who does such cos they hve courage to walk up to a stranger to say I like u, for what

You are right but I do know one that when a lady get too much attraction from guys, she tend to misbehave and abuse whatever right she is given, except for the few matured ones wey don see life finish... thus no more customers grin grin grin
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by dilbert100: 11:16am On Nov 18, 2012
"get your coat, you've pulled"
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by enesy4u(m): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2012
chronique: Simple. Wave her once or twice & say hi... Pick a day to confidently walk up to her,complement her & tell her you'd like to know her better & probably become friends with her. Dont ask her out from the onset cos it might spoil ur chances... Be urself & dont attempt rehearsed lines cos it could mess u up if u forget ur lines. Take it nice & slow & you'll be home in no time.

nice one grin cheesy
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 18, 2012
Of course I sure understand. But it can be handled in a matured way without making d male admirers look moronic n stupid like a female poster boasted here, cmon its totally absurd, n dis is y majority of classy guys dnt woo girls, hardly do they n dts y d ladies have noticed it n they are beginning to have bad market n low patronage hence they are all running into internet chats n online dates to find real men cos real men no longer woo or chase girls in real life, not with all these drama they are talking abt here just becos a guy wants to tell a girl he admires that he likes her, n the girl had to make him look stupid n jobless for trying to let her know he likes her, for what

There r plenty ways to honorably let a guy u dnt want to knw that ur not interested not some craps am reading here. Anyway, its for some guys shaa n for some class of girls too, sighs
2sexy:

You are right but I do know one that when a lady get too much attraction from guys, she tend to misbehave and abuse whatever right she is given, except for the few matured ones wey don see life finish... thus no more customers grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by enesy4u(m): 11:30am On Nov 18, 2012
claremont: Me: "What are you doing next week Friday?"

Most ladies: "Are you asking me out?"

Me: "Yes
Simple, direct, and straight to the point. cool
grin cheesy

oyinbo style
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Babamide(m): 11:31am On Nov 18, 2012
Stalking is the way. Walk up to her, say hi, introduce yourself and ask for her name. Stop there and tell her u'll see her around. The stalking begins..... If she sees u, just say what's up. Hopefully u'll see her outside school on a weekend. Then u can ask for her contact details and maybe lunch the next day.

1 Like

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by kizini: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2012
By the time you get out of nairaland,A smarter guy would've asked her out..Yimu!

1 Like

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by 2sexy(m): 11:38am On Nov 18, 2012
DailyNews: Of course I sure understand. But it can be handled in a matured way without making d male admirers look moronic n stupid like a female poster boasted here, cmon its totally absurd, n dis is y majority of classy guys dnt woo girls, hardly do they n dts y d ladies have noticed it n they are beginning to have bad market n low patronage hence they are all running into internet chats n online dates to find real men cos real men no longer woo or chase girls in real life, not with all these drama they are talking abt here just becos a guy wants to tell a girl he admires that he likes her, n the girl had to make him look stupid n jobless for trying to let her know he likes her, for what

There r plenty ways to honorably let a guy u dnt want to knw that ur not interested not some craps am reading here. Anyway, its for some guys shaa n for some class of girls too, sighs

Bro, you are being realistic and I quite understand. dia yanga no be here o, especially when you are being real. Most will just see you as a second classed sub human... But if you know how to lie, you got swagg, you sure got a raving fan.

Anyway, for me... I have chose to save my energy for better things rather than running after girls... which in the end you cant trust, or keep. Most dont even believe in long term relationship but would prefer to hop from one boy to another.

Being nice to a naija chick is the wrongest thing a dude could to his heart.

2 Likes

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by candieangel12(f): 11:41am On Nov 18, 2012
Damn. I guess its safe to assume that a lot of the guys on NL have no game.

OP, you need to woo this girl. What makes you different/better than the other guys? Why should she go out on a date with you? If she is as beautiful as you make her sound, then she's prolly getting approached by many guys, so you cant just use some kinda dumb pickup line or formula if you rlly want her to give you the time of day. Ya gotta show her that she wont be wasting her time going out on a date with ya. So like I said woo the babe.
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by 2sexy(m): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2012
candieangel12: Damn. I guess its safe to assume that a lot of the guys on NL have no game.

OP, you need to woo this girl. What makes you different/better than the other guys? Why should she go out on a date with you? If she is as beautiful as you make her sound, then she's prolly getting approached by many guys, so you cant just use some kinda dumb pickup line or formula if you rlly want her to give you the time of day. Ya gotta show her that she wont be wasting her time going out on a date with ya. So like I said woo the babe.
Or better yet, OP put yourself in the girls shoes and ask yourself why would she wanna go out with you. You are the seller, she is the buyer.

What makes your product better than others, what makes it good and hot?

Show the benefits and features.

But go in a friendly manner.
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 18, 2012
190: If she's Nigerian then use the-Money strategy grin grin
SHIKENAN O! IF U HAVE MONEY U WONT NEED PICK UP LINES. JUST PICK HER UP AND SHE'LL FALL IN LINE cool

6 Likes

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by maninmood(m): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2012
jaidor: I am throwing this question out to all the love gurus or love doctors in the hood....

There is a girl in my sch (a uni) which I so much desire, but have'nt talk with her for once...cos the oppurtunity has'nt show up yet. I've only been seeing around 1nce in a while. n she is soo pretty dat every guy wants her.

How am I suppose to go about it? i think i shud make it faster cos of some other "sharp guys" out there.

Maybe I shud add that there are 2yrs academic intervals btw us...n i am d senior

I won't mind if can get some perfect 'Lines' that'll melt her heart.

All of una no sabi at all! @OP: Tell her this:

Hey 'her name', hope the past couple days have been awesome for you! Mostly been schoolwork on this end... belch. Glad the weekend's here. Listen, we should grab an ice cream or something and chill. What's your schedule like this weekend / next week?

Girls like playing with their heart not their brain, hence use this technique. Don't ever and ever shove her with messages, don't be too eager, you've got to play hard to get as well. When you text her and she replies immediately, give it some 30 minutes before replying her. If she does not replying your text for a day, don't send her a message for a day! If she does not reply for 2 days, do not text her for a week! Girls like those who give them lots of space. And lastly, when you meet a girl, assume she has a boyfriend, don't rush into her, let her be the one looking out for you.

If she is proven stubborn, after 2 or 3 days of her not replying, text her this :

'her name' , seems you're super busy right now; totally understandable. I'll leave the ball in your court -- let me know when your schedule clears up a bit and you can do lunch / dinner / drinks, etc. Hope we hang soon!

3 Likes

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2012
If you're ugly like me, you have no chance. grin Except you're loaded with cash!
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by timbros(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
Buy her lunch and recharge card for 5 consecutive days and see the wonders of 'the-boy-is-good'....

#fact
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
Anyway, the presumed Nigerian hot chicks spend their time fantasizing about the guys who don't care about them, n they end up falling for the wrong reasons n end up heartbroken n generalizing that all men are dogs! Guys stop chasing girls n see what would happen
2sexy:

Bro, you are being realistic and I quite understand. dia yanga no be here o, especially when you are being real. Most will just see you as a second classed sub human... But if you know how to lie, you got swagg, you sure got a raving fan.

Anyway, for me... I have chose to save my energy for better things rather than running after girls... which in the end you cant trust, or keep. Most dont even believe in long term relationship but would prefer to hop from one boy to another.

Being nice to a naija chick is the wrongest thing a dude could to his heart.
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
timbros: Buy her lunch and recharge card for 5 consecutive days and see the wonders of 'the-boy-is-a-mugu'....

#fact
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by sasview: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
What ever the way you go by it, study the mood of the babe don't go to her after she just write a test or check result of exam of which she performed abysmally. Even if she does well the excitement can also make her not to give you the needed attention.
Good luck as you approach her.
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
maninmood:

All of una no sabi at all! @OP: Tell her this:

Hey 'her name', hope the past couple days have been awesome for you! Mostly been schoolwork on this end... belch. Glad the weekend's here. Listen, we should grab an ice cream or something and chill. What's your schedule like this weekend / next week?

Girls like playing with their heart not their brain, hence use this technique. Don't ever and ever shove her with messages, don't be too eager, you've got to play hard to get as well. When you text her and she replies immediately, give it some 30 minutes before replying her. If she does not replying your text for a day, don't send her a message for a day! If she does not reply for 2 days, do not text her for a week! Girls like those who give them lots of space. And lastly, when you meet a girl, assume she has a boyfriend, don't rush into her, let her be the one looking out for you.

If she is proven stubborn, after 2 or 3 days of her not replying, text her this :

'her name' , seems you're super busy right now; totally understandable. I'll leave the ball in your court -- let me know when your schedule clears up a bit and you can do lunch / dinner / drinks, etc. Hope we hang soon!

Pssf. Get real
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Booty4me: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
Op use this lines below and thank me later cool

ME:hello carol

SHE:am not carol

ME:oops sorry i thought you are carol my room mate

SHE:ok

ME:so what's the name am Booty

SHE:you can call me Bossom

ME:hmmm that's nice

SHE:thanks

ME:hope you don't mind me having your digit.(Dem nor born her well wen she go

refuse)

...Easy?? But its not easy o
Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by Adeks(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
@Op. i've never dated a girl on a 'yes' or 'no' basis because i just see it as being childish. All i have to do wit a girl i like is be friends with her and be myself @ all times. My advice, just find a way of being friends with her, be clean, have a good breath, dress well and try to know d tins she likes. If u're gonna have a chance, she'll send out vibes, just be sure to recognize it. good luck

3 Likes

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by 2sexy(m): 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
DailyNews: Anyway, the presumed Nigerian hot chicks spend their time fantasizing about the guys who don't care about them, n they end up falling for the wrong reasons n end up heartbroken n generalizing that all men are dogs! Guys stop chasing girls n see what would happen
Exactly... one that preferred such guys to me has been begging for two years and would do anything to have me back... after them don scatter her toto finish.... grin grin grin grin grin

But honestly, I think the existence of the bad dude is really worth it. So as to teach them a lesson.

1 Like

Re: The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? by olaolaking: 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
This is what I will do
1. I will study her to know Is she brilliant,inteligent,Lousy,Shy,Rough,Dedicated Christian/Muslim. (All these will give me clue of how to approach her)Take for instance, If she is the shy type, it will be wrong for you to approch her in the mist of her riend or so (just a clue sha)

2.Since you said you are not in the same class, Try to meet her and introduce yourself e.g.I am john studying accounting. I am in so so year. Pause and see if she will respond buy giving you her own data. Dont wait too long if she is not coming up because that may give her chance to think of what to do to cut you off. If she gives you her brief data (name & Department+ class). You are ahead of her in the school. Then ask about how she is coping with the school work. Let her know she can go along way by doing certain things.(Give her clues even if those clues are what you think she knows already.)Try to know if she is having any issue at hand partaining to her school activities. Every thing in the first meeting should revolve around her school activities by giving her information that you think may be of help to her. THAT ENDS THE FRIST MEETING.

3. Try to meet her again next time but dont have a brief discussion with her about life/school or any interesting topic and move on. DOnt stay too long in the second meeting.(Though if you see her as a serious type o) If not you can catch fun unlimitedly with her and discuss less serious issues and you can also let her know your mission)

4. I will try to call her own phone to either to say hi or to ask for even a help that are not real just to talk to her on phone.

5. I will tell her politely and with all respect to her (if she is the serious type) and will let her know why I am doing that (only if she deserve that) I love the way you are serious with your study: You dont mix up with bad ones in your class etc and let her know those qualities you admire in her. Dont expect her to give you fine answer at the moment. if she gives good luck but if not. Still remain a close friend and do contantly tell her you desire. That means your relationship with her is of 2 types. Do the 2 simotaneously Normal friendship + intimacy thing.

OTHER THING THAT CAN HELP YOU SUCCEED.
Allways be confidient
You must show certtain element of seriousness in your education(if she is the serious type)
Try to be friendly with her
DO ALL THESE IN QUICK SUCCESSION all else some other smart guy we beat you to her

If not the serious type the steps can be reduced and you may not have to go far before you get to the end.

Try this and see if it works

Remember Dr.Farah Gray of America told something the only time I met him. Always Be Confidence = ABC

GOOD LUCK DUDE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'There Is No Financially Stable Man In His 20's" - Nigerian Man Tell Ladies / Sisters, Kindly Give Three Reasons Why A Man Will Be Lucky To Marry You. / My Husband Flirts With Other Women - What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.