Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:31 AM

Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo (6493 Views)

How My 10-year-old Demonic House Girl Was Having Sex With My 2-year-old Son / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
debrief08: Night love.
Let me get the Church thing off my chest today. It is one of those churches obsessed with branches in every corner.
Anyway, My Ex was a major financial muscle, bought Pastor a Car and sponsored one or (wo foreign trips. So when there is conflict and I report to His Pastor( I joined him from another church) I got the "be submissive, fast and pray sermon, He is a generous man, don't disturb him, if he upsets you pray to God for comfort"
Anyway, one day I had brusies as usual, I normally wear long sleaves and shades when I have bruises because I am fair skinned and it shows easily, so It was really hot and there was a tiny one behind my neck I imagined my hair will cover it so I didn't tie a veil round my neck as usual, I have never seen Pastors wife so upset, and it wasn't because I was beaten and bruised it was because I didn't cover it well.m
She dragged me and gave me a serious lecture on how to properly cover up and "hide my shame", told me that people will start talking and I shouldn't bring shame to my husband, even advised that on days I was too badly bruised I should simply send my offering and not attend church. Lol
When I was in the hospital, none of them came simply called and "prayed" for me. When I left and didn't go back Madam Pastor called almost cursing me on the phone and ordering me back home, when she was done I called her by her full name and asked if she didn't have anything better to do like covering her husbands recent scandal with choir girl up. Dead silence on the other line, I know so many others face the same
This is disturbing. I think many pastors have no business being so called. I remember the counsel my ex and I got from ''pastors'' when our relationship was in turmoil. In retrospect, the advice we got helped in executing an already terminal relationship.
This is not to say I was guiltless, I was, in fact, shamefully so. Still, had we got the right kind of advice we might have fared better.
And I'm not blaming them[pastors] for my failure to keep that relationship. I'm only saying, that anybody called a pastor should be WORTHY of that office.
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
debrief08: Besides its a failed business not a failed busines man, people fail in tasks all the time and rise again, it doesn't make them failed individuals, it only makes them humans, he who is failed is he who has allowed failure to define him or her, certainly not me
Debrief, will you marry me? I don't mind being your Lagos husband. #smiles
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by 9lifes(m): 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
debrief08: Night love.
Let me get the Church thing off my chest today. It is one of those churches obsessed with branches in every corner.
Anyway, My Ex was a major financial muscle, bought Pastor a Car and sponsored one or (wo foreign trips. So when there is conflict and I report to His Pastor( I joined him from another church) I got the "be submissive, fast and pray sermon, He is a generous man, don't disturb him, if he upsets you pray to God for comfort"
Anyway, one day I had brusies as usual, I normally wear long sleaves and shades when I have bruises because I am fair skinned and it shows easily, so It was really hot and there was a tiny one behind my neck I imagined my hair will cover it so I didn't tie a veil round my neck as usual, I have never seen Pastors wife so upset, and it wasn't because I was beaten and bruised it was because I didn't cover it well.m
She dragged me and gave me a serious lecture on how to properly cover up and "hide my shame", told me that people will start talking and I shouldn't bring shame to my husband, even advised that on days I was too badly bruised I should simply send my offering and not attend church. Lol
When I was in the hospital, none of them came simply called and "prayed" for me. When I left and didn't go back Madam Pastor called almost cursing me on the phone and ordering me back home, when she was done I called her by her full name and asked if she didn't have anything better to do like covering her husbands recent scandal with choir girl up. Dead silence on the other line, I know so many others face the same

Nigeria religious hypocrites are hard to understand!Don't worry you are not a lone,they don't like people that can see beyond their lies,you were isolated because you made them uncomfortable,your decision was a challenge to their fake lives and lies.Religious people will give me HBP...
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Abali1(m): 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
@debrief,
I believe that this thread will not disturb you in any way. I once read your story, and you are alive today because you took a decision to walk out of a life threatening marriage.

I believe that staying alive is one of the most important duty a man/woman owes himself or herself.
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
Abail, I know and I thank God for strenght and wisdom, at least my being alive has kept several kids in school, and I have the peace of mind to have time and energy to help others.
I count it all gain, I am not bothered, have never been, I know the glory my life brings to God because I strive to be answered prayers to so many people through his grace. Thank God that at the end me and everyone who feels insults and unnecessary hate in the name of christainity is needed to push their points accross will stand and be judged by God, that is all my dear
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
Now we know marriage is just a business enterprise he who has ear let him hear o.
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
Iam glad I took the decision,I saved her life
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
debrief08: Thank God that at the end me and everyone who feels insults and unnecessary hate in the name of christainity is needed to push their points accross will stand and be judged by God, that is all my dear

Isn't it incredibly ironic? In the name of 'Christianity' o. But they are not thinkers so they won't get it. Christians that want a 'sinner' to be shunned, condemned, miserable and silenced for life because of one "wrong"? Meanwhile the same people see nothing wrong in adultery on the part of a man; using women as their sexual objects; a man beating up a woman relentlessly to put her in her place (she must have caused it) and so forth. And these clowns too will come and be quoting bible? Jesu ma ku suru o! What won't we see in this world. I'm sure none of them has ever made a mistake and used it to learn a lesson in the future, maybe use it as a teaching point for others sometimes? No, never I'm sure!

Simpletons!!

1 Like

Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by bjcole(m): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
Guitarlife: Now we know marriage is just a business enterprise he who has ear let him hear o.
very funny my brother,there could be some really bad situations, that one cannot help, but dis issue can stil be managed if one s willing. One area Debrief really didnt tell us is hw she may ve contributed to d problem. D man & d woman in an abusive marriage both ve faults. If it is really a biz venture, & u had failed @ one, & may be havin problem in d other, will u want 2 leave too?
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Airpure(f): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2012
bjcole: very funny my brother,there could be some really bad situations, that one cannot help, but dis issue can stil be managed if one s willing. One area Debrief really didnt tell us is hw she may ve contributed to d problem. D man & d woman in an abusive marriage both ve faults. If it is really a biz venture, & u had failed @ one, & may be havin problem in d other, will u want 2 leave too?

She didn't contribute the man was born a devil.hid all his devilish traits till his prodigal father re-entered hiS life when he became rich. D adult man becomes influeced Then hell was let loose. Shame to evil men. N Kudos to good women.

1 Like

Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
jennykadry: ^^ I am but a silent observer cheesy Just yesterday abi the day before, he dragged my name into a Convo he was having with Debrief "the thread starter" on that "Rccg day care thread". No one queried him for mentioning my name on that thread. Why my name was even mentioned, I have no idea. Someone "dragged his name" here and lo and behold people are going on their knees apologising. I have never been so jealous in my life cheesy grin

Yeye dey smell. undecided and to think that just last week I almost asked tgirl to reopen my thread I asked her to lock a few weeks ago , so I can continue asking those that glamorise divorce more questions I had already jotted down on a sheet of paper.

Very funny.
As usual you are on your job,hating hard.
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
Guitarlife:
You wanna be a role model then pay the freacking price, hold your marriage together, raise your home, respect the sanctity of matrimony and there you have my respect but you skedaddling and expecting me to respect you no matter how sweet your mouth is forget it. I do hopet this is clear enuff.

Guiterlife,

If I may ask, you is asking for your respect?
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by busybee24: 4:47am On Nov 24, 2012
Guitarlife: Don't you get it? She stood before God and man and made a convenant .She swore that she was gonna stand by a man 'in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health till death did them part' . What kind of woman makes a meal of such words.
Was she not aware that things could go awry when she was saying those ?
What am on about is that if she knew quite well that she was gonna skeddadle when and if things hotted up. She shoulda keep her mouth shut.
She could have asked the priest to skip that part and not gone ahead to bellow into the mic when she knew she was just there for the good.
Yeah! What I'm saying is that when she took those vows, she already signed up to die if that was what it would have required to stay in the marriage.
Why don't you read the marriage vows again and then tell me if it's not bondage yes it is. If you can't stand the freaking heat then don't even walk into the oven.
Is that too hard to comprehend ? In conclusion all divorcees are cowards simples especially those who walked out on a marriage cos their lives was at a risk.
They don't have any respect for their words so don't expect me to have any respect for them.

DIE? Are you insane.. i hope and pray for women everywhere that your kind is a dying breed. and we wonder why the country is in the state that it is. ignorance, callousness and backwardness

1 Like

Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by greatgod2012(f): 6:29am On Nov 24, 2012
busybee24:

DIE? Are you insane.. i hope and pray for women everywhere that your kind is a dying breed. and we wonder why the country is in the state that it is. ignorance, callousness and backwardness

thank u, dt has always been my question,btw life and marriage, which one is more important?
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 24, 2012
greatgod2012:

thank u, dt has always been my question,btw life and marriage, which one is more important?
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 24, 2012
greatgod2012:

Okay guys that was said in the time of ignorance it's okay to walk out on your marriage whenever you feel like it. I have enuff enemies on this board already. I do hope this stiffle's the already fast moving animosity train.
I hereby decamp to the CABAL. Phee DHee PHee (PDP) . . . . . . .PHOwer!! To the People
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 24, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Guitarlife: Okay guys that was said in the time of ignorance it's okay to walk out on your marriage whenever you feel like it. I have enuff enemies on this board already. I do hope this stiffle's the already fast moving animosity train.
I hereby decamp to the CABAL. Phee DHee PHee (PDP) . . . . . . .PHOwer!! To the People
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 24, 2012
Jidegal please save my life. Get me the form I beg you. Get me the cabal membership form don't worry I'll pay the the stipulated fines for staying so long on an opposing side.
I now know better help me please joo mo fi gbogbo nkan to n sin laye ati orun be e saanu mi.
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 24, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Guitarlife: Jidegal please save my life. Get me the form I beg you. Get me the cabal membership form don't worry I'll pay the the stipulated fines for staying so long on an opposing side.
I now know better help me please joo mo fi gbogbo nkan to n sin laye ati orun be e saanu mi.

Iwo ke? so you can come crawling back to me after you are done with sisi?

As per membership...I am solo o! I dont belong anywhere...ofcourse you are welcome in my solo world..let me see...em em yeah I still undecided okay now..one more will do..lmao grin grin grin

How are you buddy? (or [b]lad [/b]what do you call it there?)
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 24, 2012
jidegirl12: grin grin grin grin

Iwo ke? so you can come crawling back to me after you are done with sisi?

As per membership...I am solo o! I dont belong anywhere...ofcourse you are welcome in my solo world..let me see...em em yeah I still undecided okay now..one more will do..lmao grin grin grin

How are you buddy? (or [b]lad [/b]what do you call it there?)
sisikill for where ? That babe too dey do shakara joor. Unto say she get one small tiny waist like that na the tin con dey make her head swell beyond measure.
She wan dey put me for call waiting heheheee emi omo ibadan funrara mi, I don move on.
You are now next on my agenda . And off the records, I get odeshi too so you no get choice.
Happy saturday to all single ladies out here.
PS: I dey find wife o. Abeg PM me if you know say you be correct village geh wey go fit grind pepper with her bare hands.
All this lagos gals wen nor fit boil egg na wash joor.
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 24, 2012
Guitarlife: sisikill for where ? That babe too dey do shakara joor. Unto say she get one small tiny waist like that na the tin con dey make her head swell beyond measure.
She wan dey put me for call waiting heheheee emi omo ibadan funrara mi, I don move on.
You are now next on my agenda . And off the records, I get odeshi too so you no get choice.
Happy saturday to all single ladies out here.
PS: I dey find wife o. Abeg PM me if you know say you be correct village geh wey go fit grind pepper with her bare hands.
All this lagos gals wen nor fit boil egg na wash joor.

Find wife ke..you wey too sensitive to every little detail..grind pepper ko...make you go buy kitchen aid blender for her and you'd get thesame result grin grin grin...o mo meme..na yam? grin grin ..annyywaays I will see what I can do about taking you backgrin
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 24, 2012
jidegirl12:

Find wife ke..you wey too sensitive to every little detail..grind pepper ko...make you go buy kitchen aid blender for her and you'd get thesame result grin grin grin...o mo meme..na yam? grin grin ..annyywaays I will see what I can do about taking you backgrin
Yippe . . . . . . Jide weds guitar (badt combination). This is to officially inform all potential and inherent admirers that I Guitarlife am no longer available for engagement whether now or the nearest future (unless ofcourse jide doesn't know how to pound yam and cook that abula soup).
I am now engaged to be married to jidegal.
Please desist from making any form of seduction or even coveting me like some of you on this board have been renowned for.
I will not hesitate to report you to the moderators for outright ban and this will last for a year, if you refuse to heed this warning.
I'm sorry debrief if this is derailing your thread but it's my life we are talking about here you know. Thanks for understanding and tolerating me.
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by EfemenaXY: 9:00am On Nov 24, 2012
^^ Stop trolling! undecided
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 24, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Stop trolling! undecided
Yes ma'am.
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by busybee24: 11:34pm On Nov 25, 2012
Its funny...
Nigeria is a country where people drive young women to marry... at the young age of 23 some people will still be giving you the side eye
Extended family making silly comments and pointing out other peoples marriages and making some girls feel like they have failed solely because they havent acquired the title of Mrs.
Fastfoward into marriage which is a stressful situation- people who are together merely because society dictates she is getting older and ought to settle clearly dont have the love or commitment to work things out in a loving manner...

This is also a country that is so male centric it has reached the point of stupidity.
A husband cheating on you.. elders, every dick and harry.. saying oh NO THATS AGAINST BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES.. yet if they used the simple brain that God has given them and eyes to see,, open your bible...

Even in the Bible there was divorce. In the OT, only men were able to divorce their wives (Deut. 24:1-4). In the NT, women were also apparently able to initiate divorce (Mark 10:12; 1 Cor. 7:13). "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery," (Matt. 19:9).
"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it; That He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of the water by the word

"religious cowards and regurgitators" keep claiming that God hates divorce over their faulty reading of Malachi 2:6
take into consideration jeremiah 3:8- God divorced his own people
The issue is not divorce but the breaking of the covenant-
For a man to abusive his wife and for others to condone that.. Pray for Gods forgiveness because you have caused a great injustice

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it; That He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of the water by the word That He might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish".

So as should a man exercise care not to inflict blemishes and bruises on a beloved wife. Men are to love their wives, cleansing and pampering the female just as they would care for their own bodies

Those who have ears...

But then again with a culture that is permissive of cheating- which is ungodly by the way
archaic laws
dismissive police officers..
the fate of women rights.... sigh
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by Afamdman(m): 8:39am On Nov 26, 2012
Phewwwwwww. A lot of reading. But one thing is simple, everybody in the situation they find themselves is right with whatever decision they have taken. Sometimes its good we wear someone elses shoe and know where it pinches so we can see things from their point of view and maybe we might think like them or even think out a better way. But let no man condem because we are all sinners and everybody should practise forgiveness. And everybody has the right to be angry and cry even Jesus as a man did both. Good morning all.
Re: Before You Say "I Do", My 2 Kobo by birdman(m): 9:51am On Nov 26, 2012
bjcole: very funny my brother,there could be some really bad situations, that one cannot help, but dis issue can stil be managed if one s willing. One area Debrief really didnt tell us is hw she may ve contributed to d problem. D man & d woman in an abusive marriage both ve faults. If it is really a biz venture, & u had failed @ one, & may be havin problem in d other, will u want 2 leave too?

There is no good reason to beat up on your wife ever, talk less of repeatedly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Just Had A New Baby. / Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education? / What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.