Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,532 members, 7,954,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:56 PM

TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University (18943 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2012
Sweetlemon:
You are so blinded by self-righteousness that you cannot understand that my point is not that you shouldn't show love or assist the needy. MY POINT IS THAT YOU DO IT WITHOUT BLOWING THOSE DEAFENING TRUMPETS!!! #smh
ok.....!u are always right..happy now?
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by mko2005: 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
looknlaff: . STFU mister man. You winners aren't poor by faith or in real sense? I have friends who worship in your church that are broke asses.My bro-in-law is a diligent worker in your church who lost his only vehicle to accident 5yrs ago & has been patronising Okada since then without the church whom he devotes much of his time to, showing any form of sympathy. I sympathise with people like you who have remained brainwashed & hypnotized & without knowing it metamorphosed into african zombies. Wake up & smell the coffee. Mtcheeww.
Bein a worker in the church does not make your brother in-law a christian ! He may be working and still be a child of the devil.And he may be a child of God who works in the vine yard of God but do not heed to the principles of God regarding wealth acquisition.
Let's focus Jesus and leave the rest for HIM to do !
Bein wealthy does not guaranty heaven and neither is bin poor ! What guarantees our salvation is the grace of God via the holly spirit that teaches us all things as born again !
Bein regenerated !
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
@SWEETLEMON
In refrence to 48 LAWS OF POWER

you are Law 19
The Hopelessly Insecure Man

This man is related to the proud and arrogant type, but is less violent and harder to spot. His ego is fragile, his sense of self insecure, and if he feels himself deceived or attacked, the hurt will simmer.
He will attack you in bites that will take forever to get big enough for you to notice. If you find you have deceived or harmed such a man, disappear for a long time. Do not stay around him or he will nibble you to death.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sagamite(m): 12:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
tip999: When Jesus spoke about giving in secret, he was speaking about your own individual wealth .The money this man ,prophet t.b Joshua gives are contributed by the organization , it is not just him alone. those who support him needs to know where the money goes to.It will encouraged many to contribute to help the poor. God blessed you prophet t.b Joshua, you are a shining light to this generation.

Do they not need to know when he uses their money to fund his luxurious life too?
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sweetlemon(f): 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
ehie: @SWEETLEMON
In refrence to 48 LAWS OF POWER

you are Law 19
The Hopelessly Insecure Man

This man is related to the proud and arrogant type, but is less violent and harder to spot. His ego is fragile, his sense of self insecure, and if he feels himself deceived or attacked, the hurt will simmer.
He will attack you in bites that will take forever to get big enough for you to notice. If you find you have deceived or harmed such a man, disappear for a long time. Do not stay around him or he will nibble you to death.

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha!
Laff wan kill me!
Well, let me educate u on the kind of woman I am. I am a strong-willed, independent-minded, intelligent lady who knows how to pass across her message so effectively that it leaves her audience in awe and her opponents so uncomfortable that they start looking for excuses for why they lost the argument!
Desporados!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
am sure u are
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2012
or maybe u are just a nag
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sweetlemon(f): 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
Abeg I no get time for una again.
But pls I take God beg all of you. Stop rendering us deaf with your loud trumpets every 10 minutes. E don do abeg. We all hear that your pastor is a giver. So abeg, let our ears have some peace and quiet ooooooooo!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sweetlemon(f): 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
Abeg I no get time for una again.
But pls I take God beg all of you. Stop rendering us deaf with your loud trumpets every 10 minutes. E don do abeg. We ve all heard that your pastor is a giver. So abeg, let our ears have some peace and quiet ooooooooo!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sweetlemon(f): 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2012
I'm outta here!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by tip999: 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
sweetlemon wrote :
"Abeg I no get time for una again.
But pls I take God beg all of you. Stop rendering us deaf with your loud trumpets every 10 minutes. E don do abeg. We ve all heard that your pastor is a giver. So abeg, let our ears have some peace and quiet ooooooooo!"
read this “When Jesus spoke about giving in secret, he was speaking about your own individual wealth .The money this man ,prophet t.b Joshua gives are contributed by the organization , it is not just him alone. those who support him needs to know where the money goes to.It will encouraged many to contribute to help the poor. God blessed you prophet t.b Joshua, you are a shining light to this generation.” Good is good , what is good is good.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2012
lol
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by one9t: 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
This is raw gospel A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ is very rare amongst other men of ..G̲̣̣̣̥O̲̣̣̥ƌ̲̣̣̣̥,...other pastors should emulate from him,let them not being selfish because T✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶.B Joshua cannot escape the̶̲̥̅̊ blessings of ..G̲̣̣̣̥O̲̣̣̥ƌ̲̣̣̣̥!!!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
Sweetlemon: I'm outta here!
bye...dont let the door? hit you
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by ocheejemb: 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2012
She was in my class at Unilag! :-D
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by mko2005: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2012
tip999: sweetlemon wrote :
"Abeg I no get time for una again.
But pls I take God beg all of you. Stop rendering us deaf with your loud trumpets every 10 minutes. E don do abeg. We ve all heard that your pastor is a giver. So abeg, let our ears have some peace and quiet ooooooooo!"
read this “When Jesus spoke about giving in secret, he was speaking about your own individual wealth .The money this man ,prophet t.b Joshua gives are contributed by the organization , it is not just him alone. those who support him needs to know where the money goes to.It will encouraged many to contribute to help the poor. God blessed you prophet t.b Joshua, you are a shining light to this generation.” Good is good , what is good is good.
If you give them go say na congregation money ,if u no give them go say congregation give you and you no give them back !
Humans,funny set of beings!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by tip999: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2012
m.k.o 2005 wrote:"If you give them go say na congregation money ,if u no give them go say congregation give you and you no give them back !
Humans,funny set of beings!" you are very right friend.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

This is as moronic as saying "Gosh, y'all don't understand when I say that guy gives!! No banker, no bank in Nigeria can come out and say they give quater as much as the Union Bank. I don't mind u saying shit about the investment banker, but before u talk trash, do ur research!"

So a banker giving out other people's money arbitrarily, without transparency and living a luxurious life off it is some form of achievement?

You are advocating christianity of caring for others while the person you are praising is using church money to live like a King.

I've always known u were st*upid!! Listen carefully, I'm not among d ppl u call person on this forum, u untrained baboon. If u got nothing smart to say Shut the fvck up!!

Have u ever been to the church?? Tell me one luxurious thing the guy has, Pls! The guys house is connected to the church. That's where visitors, and other disciples lives. How many cars does he have?? What sort of cars does he drive?? How transparent can this guy be?? Does he have to publish his account bal. for anyone??
And ur analogy is the dumbest I've ever seen. @Sexkillz: U have someone that is worse than u in screwed up analogies! Who would hv thought??

How does he live like a king with church's money?? Tell me how, I beg u!! Pls tell me how TBJ lives like a King, u fool!!
You know nothing, nothing!! About the man, and his ministry but u come on NL to spew trash. For ur mind u don make sense abi?? Anuofia!!

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by chreldb(m): 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
Sagamite:

The last time I checked, the average tuition fees for Oxford was £16,500. In 3 years, that is less than £51K.

Monthly expense of 1K for 3 years is £36K. that is £87K in total.

Not to state that I don't see why someone that is being sponsored should stay for for 12 months in a year in a more expensive country, instead of 9 months.

Not to talk of the fact that PhD students get paid for teaching and research assistant work, so sponsors don't have to give them all their money requirement in full in the first place.

I am not talking based on what i searched online. I am talking from experience. Ok you might be right about the Oxford tuition fees but thats relatively cheap compared to some other universities and other courses apart from engineering in the UK. Even at that it still comes to 87k. Now you have not put into consideration that as a PhD student there are other things you need to spend money on like travelling allowance within and outside the UK to conferences to present posters and papers. Secondly the teaching and research assistance work you are talking about does not happen in the UK, it is more common in the US and Canada. The stipend being paid to PhD students is their living expense which is part of the scholarship they are awarded. Nobody will bring out 1ook pounds from his/her pocket and to do a PhD in the UK except you are under a form of sponsorship thats the whole idea of the being paid as a PhD student in the UK. Bottom line a 1oo k worth of scholarship in a University such as Oxford in th UK is very reasnable and realistic. Once again I am talking from first hand experience. I rest my case.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by simdam500(m): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
Indeed a man of God!!! More grease 2ur elbow
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sagamite(m): 11:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
Shollypopz:

I've always known u were st*upid!! Listen carefully, I'm not among d ppl u call person on this forum, u untrained baboon. If u got nothing smart to say Shut the fvck up!!

Have u ever been to the church?? Tell me one luxurious thing the guy has, Pls! The guys house is connected to the church. That's where visitors, and other disciples lives. How many cars does he have?? What sort of cars does he drive?? How transparent can this guy be?? Does he have to publish his account bal. for anyone??
And ur analogy is the dumbest I've ever seen. @Sexkillz: U have someone that is worse than u in screwed up analogies! Who would hv thought??

How does he live like a king with church's money?? Tell me how, I beg u!! Pls tell me how TBJ lives like a King, u fool!!
You know nothing, nothing!! About the man, and his ministry but u come on NL to spew trash. For ur mind u don make sense abi?? Anuofia!!

You are person! Who is calling you a person and you are frothing all over the mouth in anger? Don't you have any respect?

Do I need to go to a church of a man that is promising ridiculous "miracles" for a price before I know he is a conman?

Do I need to go to a church of a man that makes public broadcast of some moronic ambivalent prophesies that is designed to be believed by low minds like you before I know he is a conman?

You asked how transparent can he be? grin grin grin

So it is a crime to publish reports of how you are spending an entity's money?

It is a sin to do it when you know people are accusing you and others of your kind of corruption and looting?

It is too much to publish reports even when you know there are many fingers out there accusing you of being a billionaire?

TB Joshua is just way too daft he does not see any sense in such action or he has something to hide?

Fcking use your brain!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sagamite(m): 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
chreld_b:

I am not talking based on what i searched online. I am talking from experience. Ok you might be right about the Oxford tuition fees but thats relatively cheap compared to some other universities and other courses apart from engineering in the UK. Even at that it still comes to 87k. Now you have not put into consideration that as a PhD student there are other things you need to spend money on like travelling allowance within and outside the UK to conferences to present posters and papers. Secondly the teaching and research assistance work you are talking about does not happen in the UK, it is more common in the US and Canada. The stipend being paid to PhD students is their living expense which is part of the scholarship they are awarded. Nobody will bring out 1ook pounds from his/her pocket and to do a PhD in the UK except you are under a form of sponsorship thats the whole idea of the being paid as a PhD student in the UK. Bottom line a 1oo k worth of scholarship in a University such as Oxford in th UK is very reasnable and realistic. Once again I am talking from first hand experience. I rest my case.

Err, when I was in university, PhD students used to handle tutorial sessions.

Are you saying, PhD guys don't get some payment or funding for their research?
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Rick9(m): 11:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
ehie: May God bless TB Joshua,and may he continue to be replenished ..

God and giving

[b]Proverbs 3:27
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.

Deuteronomy 16:17
Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which He has given you.

Proverbs 11:24-25
There is one who scatters, and yet increases all the more, and there is one who withholds what is justly due, and yet it results only in want. The generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered.

roverbs 21:26
…the righteous gives and does not hold back.

Proverbs 22:9
He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.

Proverbs 28:27
He who gives to the poor will never want, but he who shuts his eyes will have many curses.

Luke 3:11
And he would answer and say to them, “The man who has two tunics is to share with him who has none; and he who has food is to do likewise.
uke 6:30
Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back.

uke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him wouldn’t perish, but would have eternal life.

cts 20:35
In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Romans 12:8
…Or he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.

2 Corinthians 9:10
Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness;

James 2:15-16
If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?
[/b]
you have said it all thank you.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by chreldb(m): 11:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
Sagamite:

Err, when I was in university, PhD students used to handle tutorial sessions.

Are you saying, PhD guys don't get some payment or funding for their research?

Those tutorial sessions, laboratory assistance and exam invigilation kind of jobs are not constant they come once in a while and the money a PhD student can make from them is negligible. Apart from that they are on volunteer basis and not part of the programme. Maybe once every 2 months they can earn an extra 100 pounds from those volunteer jobs if they are lucky. The funding for their research is derived from their school fees (foreign students) being paid through their scholarship. While their monthly stipend is being paid to them also as a result of their scholarship. If a supervisor wants a student to work for him doing a PhD. The best he can do get that student a source of funding through a scholarship program. Thats where it stops. People that are paid outrightly for research assistance are post doc research assistants and post doc research fellows. And you have to have completed a PhD to get those jobs.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Image123(m): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2012
Though i bestow all my goods to feed the poor .........
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by one9t: 7:08am On Nov 22, 2012
I don't know when people will learn how †̥ talk i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ɑ̣̣̝̇̇ forum, some will like †̥ show †̥ђά̲̣̣†̥s they ‎​aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ masters i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ cursing others,some will show †̥ђά̲̣̣†̥s they know how †̥ abuse etc.....please let's be matured guys i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this forum,if we
Ђα̲̅v̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣ something †̥ђά̲̣̣†̥s will benefit us,let's discuss it like well-trained A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ Ğoº°˚°ºϑ mannered people,let oue talk be seasoned wɪ̣̝̇tн̲̣̣̣̥ grace. Thank ‎​Ɣø̲̣U̶̲̥̅̊!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sagamite(m): 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sagamite(m): 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by osaxx: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2012
firstly, i want to commend the SCOAN for a kind gesture. but not to forget G3 pastors(oyakhilome,oyedepo,adeboye) are doing thesame even bigger in their churches not being published like t.b joshua. i know of pastor chris kind gesture is way bigger than that of t.b joshua,, b ut nobody hears about it. he pays no social media to sell it and tell it to the world. its between him and God. other churches are doing thesame
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by tip999: 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2012
OSAX:
"firstly, i want to commend the SCOAN for a kind gesture. but not to forget G3 pastors(oyakhilome,oyedepo,adeboye) are doing thesame even bigger in their churches not being published like t.b joshua. i know of pastor chris kind gesture is way bigger than that of t.b joshua,, b ut nobody hears about it. he pays no social media to sell it and tell it to the world. its between him and God. other churches are doing thesam"
How can we know what you are saying is true ? it is easy to speak about the "proveless". what t.b joshua do in giving even publicly is a necessity , remember the money he gives is what he receives from members of the organizations. it will encouraged more people to give as they see where the money is going . When the people of the world see pastors acquiring jets without seeing their love and care for the poor and destitute is that a good sign ? I have nothing against them acquiring jet but only God can judge them in that area but to tell me this people are doing more than t.b joshua is senseless.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Sagamite(m): 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2012
This person is not a moronic con man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS9ntWPZMKk

He is going to get people killed.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by simeotexy: 2:46am On Jan 01, 2018
MadCow1:
...This man may be weird and scary, But there is no contesting his philanthropy.... He makes Oritsejafor, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome and 98% of Nigerian Pastors look like Jesus Pimping FUCKTARDS..
. neva 4get wat u giv wit ur left hand let ur right hand nt see..d word of God cannot change

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / Christians That Can Speak And Understands Arabic / Church Members Kill Owl In Delta State, Burn It (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.