Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University (18799 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by badpeople: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2012
one out of hw many in his church, well shaa its better than those pastors that is waiting for congergations 10% to buy jet, hmmm bad people
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by yuzedo: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
“My advice to youth all over the world is that they should pray as if everything depends on God and work as if everything depends on them,”
I Like!

TB Joshua also revealed in the service how footballer Ogenyi Onazi, the SS Lazio starlet who was recently promoted to the Super Eagles of Nigeria and scored on his debut against Venezuela, was brought up in the church and worked there as well before attaining his current sporting success. Joshua revealed how he had sponsored Onazi and his colleague Sani Emmanuel to trial in clubs around the world including Premier League giants Chelsea and Tottenham, before arriving in SS Lazio, where he is currently playing for the senior team. Joshua revealed that close to $1m was spent in this process, to ensure the duo went to the right club to reach the heights of their potential.
According to Joshua, the reward for raising up such young people to become leaders of tomorrow in every field of expertise is immeasurable in monetary or material terms. “What you make happens for others, God makes happen for you. You are raised to raise others,” Joshua exhorted the crowd, counselling them to consider the future of their own children and what they were doing with their lives.
Nice Strategy Mr. TB! Lots of desperate suckers will want to benefit from your largesse and thus rush to your church where you will proceed to milk them or whatever y'all do there. Sweet bait! Just like insurance, collect from hundred, pay out two, keep the earnings from the remaining ninety-eight! cool
Beats using ALL the money to buy Private Jet sha... But still, religion? Nuh uhn! undecided

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by kinguwem: 5:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
Any man that invests in education is a wise man. Prophet T. B. Joshua should be commended. He deserves a national award. God bless.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by olly4life: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
Exactly my point on xtianity. Its a way of life. Can U̶̲̥̅̊ imagine some members are in d church, not knowing what to eat but yet some will b driving exotic cars & jets. I pray d sound of d trumpet come jare. TB kudos to U̶̲̥̅̊ on dis gesture. Am sure other churches will b challenged. Ur bags of rice still make a lot of impacts on d life of ur members. Its well.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by sconsults: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
[size=18pt]Maybe she is one of his illegitimate daughters. run a dna test sharp sharp [/size]
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
SlyIg: And what can i say than,'May God continue to bless you man of God'.

Oya,where dem! All those anti T. B. Joshua. How many of your pastors have done this to their poor members. Shey they are driving jets and building varsities around at the expense of the poor members.

Don't let your emotions get the better of you... SO IF THEY HAD DONE MORE, THEY SHOULD PASTE IT ON PAPER... Jesus even warned against self publicity. He has done well, no doubt. Never you display pure ignorance by comparing with those other Pastors with Jets... It is what you see that you know...

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by slap1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
He could have made the money up and buy a cheap private jet. GOOD WORK, MAN! "I am because you are, you are because I am. . ."
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
SlyIg: And what can i say than,'May God continue to bless you man of God'.

Oya,where dem! All those anti T. B. Joshua. How many of your pastors have done this to their poor members. Shey they are driving jets and building varsities around at the expense of the poor members.

Don't let your emotions get the better of you... SO IF THEY HAD DONE MORE, THEY SHOULD PASTE IT ON PAPER... Jesus even warned against self publicity. He has done well, no doubt. Never you display pure ignorance by comparing with those other Pastors with Jets... It is what you see that you know... Shut up, stop saying POOR MEMBERS. If you are poor. We WINNERS aren't!!!

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Itoroetti(m): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
pDude: I know this guy is a babalawo pastor but mehn, you just got to love him sometimes. smiley

mumu.like fada lyk son

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
Where did he get the money from? At least he didn't do part payment for a jet with the money. But the people who give money to pastors under the guise of tithes, to do as they please need their heads examined.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by klovesh: 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
emusmith:

Don't let your emotions get the better of you... SO IF THEY HAD DONE MORE, THEY SHOULD PASTE IT ON PAPER... Jesus even warned against self publicity. He has done well, no doubt. Never you display pure ignorance by comparing with those other Pastors with Jets... It is what you see that you know... Shut up, stop saying POOR MEMBERS. If you are poor. We WINNERS aren't!!!

God bless u jare.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by sylve11: 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
Good one prophet, may God continue to bless you and your ministry. cool
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
kinguwem: Any man that invests in education is a wise man. Prophet T. B. Joshua should be commended. He deserves a national award. God bless.
Nice quote except that part you don't understand well yet. His high calling as a pastor is more Spiritual than any other... Investment in Spirituality supercedes all others. I‘m not downplaying on academic even as an academician...
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by slap1(m): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
emusmith:

Brainwashed, blind, church-goer! Instead of acknowledging TBJ's judiciousness against your pastor's profligacy, you are here spewing rubbish! So you don't have a member who hasn't paid house rent or school fees?

8 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by tunapawizzy: 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
WALAHI THIS IS THE MAN OF GOD OTHERS ARE JUST ******* NO BE MY MOUTH UNA GO HEAR AM...NA REDEEMED I DEY GO MAKE DEM NO EX-COMMUNICATE ME
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by anonimi: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
double post.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by anonimi: 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
Black man with our love to copy things upside down and focus on the shine, shine things to the detriment of the foundation work.
How many primary and secondary schools as well as vocational centres did the Catholic, Baptist, Anglican/CMS etc establish for so many decades in Nigeria with millions of school leavers at subsidised rates including several scholarships

And we wonder why we have PhD drivers in Dangote! Where there is no long term robust planning that takes into consideration the different layers for global success, that is the result.

NB: This does not in any way take away from the kind gesture of TB Joshua. However he can do much better as explained above!!!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by packman: 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2012
WHY CRITICIZE THIS MAN I WANT TO KNOW....
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by kabiesy: 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
At least he doesn't have a private jet

Not even a private car

one day a time will tell who is real man of God.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
That's a good look - big ups to the man...

This guy is a potential cash cow, if Nigeria can find a way to milk the tourism aspect of his ministry - salute! cool

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Chiemekaorizu(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
emusmith:

Don't let your emotions get the better of you... SO IF THEY HAD DONE MORE, THEY SHOULD PASTE IT ON PAPER... Jesus even warned against self publicity. He has done well, no doubt. Never you display pure ignorance by comparing with those other Pastors with Jets... It is what you see that you know...
he is smply teaching the world how to love and care for the people you are better than.if he didn't show it on emmanueltv it I guess you wouldn't know that he sponsored that girl. Tb joshua is my number prophet as far as nigeria is concerned.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by tfolamy: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
God bless prophet tb joshua
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
buchibabe: Chineke gozie gi. Dis is how to spend money doing d work of God ,not buyin jets and buildin skools dat d poor is "forbidden" to attend
Poor babe!!! Trash, coz MTN is Very wealthy, they should start giving free airtime forever!!! Bull shit. Covenant isn't for poor people like you... its all in your mental capacity!!!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by jeyne(f): 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
He is really christ like not like so many that have lost focus and concentrate more on material things dere by making their poor members pay tithes and den use it 2 buy privet jets and build expensive institution
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by buchibabe: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2012
emusmith:
Poor babe!!! Trash, coz MTN is Very wealthy, they should start giving free airtime forever!!! Bull shit. Covenant isn't for poor people like you... its all in your mental capacity!!!

Ur a bastard. Y quote me u ant?? u joshua hater dat eats frm d ground.r u lukin for whom to bully here? Eediyot
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by kabiesy: 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
olly4life: Exactly my point on xtianity. Its a way of life. Can U̶̲̥̅̊ imagine some members are in d church, not knowing what to eat but yet some will b driving exotic cars & jets. I pray d sound of d trumpet come jare. TB kudos to U̶̲̥̅̊ on dis gesture. Am sure other churches will b challenged. Ur bags of rice still make a lot of impacts on d life of ur members. Its well.

If a man is possessed, it's very had for him to call or write name Jesus Christ or T B Joshua.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by rodeo0070(m): 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
emusmith:
You are definitely high my Brother.
So your church don't recognize the "less-privileged", "the downtrodden", the poor?
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Ebukabauer(m): 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
pDude: I know this guy is a babalawo pastor but mehn, you just got to love him sometimes. smiley

lemme tell u mehn, i watched d live service yesterday no b say them say.. Dat man na God's sent
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by rodeo0070(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
buchibabe:

Ur a bastard. Y quote me u ant?? u joshua hater dat eats frm d ground.r u lukin for whom to bully here? Eediyot
You don't need to insult him. Ignore him. He's obviously not sure of what he's saying...
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by akay48(m): 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2012
Some shall acquire Jets via gifts while others shall demonstrate righteousness by sponsoring young minds...
We are yet to understand how much ignorant we have become in the name of religion..NIGERIA!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by koolg: 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
A first class degree holder combined with distinction at masters level can get scholarship anywhere so why spend that amount on her to show that you spend?
When he sponsors people like 3rd class graduates who are in dire need of this. That sounds more like charity
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Teejayphillip(m): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
Hmmmm,am nt amazed nor surprised... Dis is nt d 1st time he's doin dis.. More grease 2 ur palms pastor TB...

A great man touchin pples lives,in a rightful way n @ d rightful time.. Dnt ever listen 2 cynics 4rm pple or ur co-pastors alzo,cos does goin nowere will wanna distract U...

God bless ur ministry sir..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics / Rev. Fr. Timothy Ngwuta Released On Bail / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.