Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166655 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 18, 2012
Please can someone help with the salary and other perks of new contract staff at Daewoo. I am about to enter with my first degree. I know it is not an oil firm but please help if you can.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kingsmecca(m): 12:52am On Dec 19, 2012
@All, I'm a Gas Engineering student of The University Of Port Harcourt pls I need who can assist me to connect to any Oil and Gas industry for my 2013 Internship programe (IT) space here in south-south especially Port Harcourt, Pls U can inbox me on 08035800805 Kingsley.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 19, 2012
kingsmecca: @All, I'm a Gas Engineering student of The University Of Port Harcourt pls I need who can assist me to connect to any Oil and Gas industry for my 2013 Internship programe (IT) space here in south-south especially Port Harcourt, Pls U can inbox me on 08035800805 Kingsley.

A thread will be opened up soon for IT placements
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 19, 2012
blink182: Please can someone help with the salary and other perks of new contract staff at Daewoo. I am about to enter with my first degree. I know it is not an oil firm but please help if you can.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
babaearly: @scantee

Welldone Sir.i see you have been keeping here lively. Thats good. I've sent you a PM. Please check and get back to me so i can email You. Thanks. (i still have your work email, when you reply, i'll send and copy to that)
sorry for my late response bro, i have been away for some time nw. I will check and get back to u.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Ezegozie(m): 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2012
i love how you people answer people's questions here.

please good people, i am a student of Nnamdi
Azikiwe University (300L) and by God's grace i
will graduate with 2.1 . I have been dreaming
since my childhood to work in the oil company,
that is the reason i chose my course--petroleaum
geology. But the problem is that (from what i hear) good
Jobs are scarce in Nigeria, working in the oil and
gas company is like looking for ocean in the
desert. Please, i beg you people, especially those
working in the oil company, to please tell me the
necesary steps i must follow in other to be there. Others not working there, but have the
experience, please you may also comment.
(1) must i have abroad Msc?
(2) must i know somebody to link me?
(3) must i be too intelligent?.... Pls moderators may you move this to the front
page, i need so many contributors, pls do it for
me. Thank you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Ezegozie(m): 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2012
pls scantee, i need us to be friends on facebook. Pls give me you facebook id, pls i need a mentor in life. And i am having that feeling, you are the one. i have been to your office 22/23 freeman. I submitted my IT form there. I went into that receptionist area.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by UcheSmith: 11:16am On Dec 24, 2012
Ezegozie: i love how you people answer people's questions here.

please good people, i am a student of Nnamdi
Azikiwe University (300L) and by God's grace i
will graduate with 2.1 . I have been dreaming
since my childhood to work in the oil company,
that is the reason i chose my course--petroleaum
geology. But the problem is that (from what i hear) good
Jobs are scarce in Nigeria, working in the oil and
gas company is like looking for ocean in the
desert. Please, i beg you people, especially those
working in the oil company, to please tell me the
necesary steps i must follow in other to be there. Others not working there, but have the
experience, please you may also comment.
(1) must i have abroad Msc?
(2) must i know somebody to link me?
(3) must i be too intelligent?.... Pls moderators may you move this to the front
page, i need so many contributors, pls do it for
me. Thank you.

(1) You must not have an MSC cos I once worked with OND and earned good pay
(2) You musnt know som1 to link u, I applied, succeeded the Aptitude test and series of interview
(3) INTELLIGENT?, You have to be for sure if you must com d right way
I must add that coy like Total have a very good recruitment procedure to select only competent hands.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 11:29am On Dec 24, 2012
UcheSmith:

(1) You must not have an MSC cos I once worked with OND and earned good pay
(2) You musnt know som1 to link u, I applied, succeeded the Aptitude test and series of interview
(3) INTELLIGENT?, You have to be for sure if you must com d right way
I must add that coy like Total have a very good recruitment procedure to select only competent hands.
Which course dd u read?
Hw dd u apply
Cos most oil coy don't employ OND.
Hw come,urs is different?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by UcheSmith: 11:34am On Dec 24, 2012
Getting a Job in any Oil company is just difficult cos there are limited openings for so many applicant.
I remembered an aptitude test i attended with about 2000 applicant struggling for just 20 positions.
Unfortunately the opportunity may not be available in this coy for the next 2-4 years.
Imagine the number of graduates that would have accumulated over this years.

The good NEWS is that I succeeded so U CAN ALSO SUCCEED

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by UcheSmith: 11:37am On Dec 24, 2012
mko abiola:
Which course dd u read?
Hw dd u apply
Cos most oil coy don't employ OND.
Hw come,urs is different?

Well I read Elect/Elect Eng
Online for Trainee Operator
OND - Senior Production Operator (Offshore)
HND - Chief Production Operator (Offshore)
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
UcheSmith:

What are d chances for HND Accounting gradutes . Cos most times,dey employ Bsc and with years of xperince
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ebixy(m): 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2012
UcheSmith:

thats NNPC i guess
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Saintigk(m): 11:16pm On Dec 24, 2012
@efe2luv and scantee,
pls how relevant is HYSYS SIMULATING SOFTWARE in oil companies or whc industrial process is it much more suitable?
I can stl solve some problems with HYSYS.
I Wl appreciate ur replies to this nd kindly help by dropping ur email ID's as I wish to discuss some thnz wt u.
Thanks . . . U r appreciated 4 d works.
BRAVO!
sory fellow nairalander 4 directing ds msg to efe2luv nd scantee,I dnt intend being rude 2 any1.. . Any response is appreciated.
God bless us.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 1:08pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ezegozie: pls scantee, i need us to be friends on facebook. Pls give me you facebook id, pls i need a mentor in life. And i am having that feeling, you are the one. i have been to your office 22/23 freeman. I submitted my IT form there. I went into that receptionist area.
Ezi nwa nnam kedu ka imere? Sorry to tell u this, submitting ur IT form to the receptionist is nt really the issue here, bcs for sure the form might not be looked into or might nt even got to the Admin, when did u submmit the form? Tel me the date,time, and ur full name, if possible describe the persn whom u submmited the form to. Btw; do u intent to do the IT there (Marina) or...? Sincerely truth is dat Spdc Marina and Ph operates on seperate basis, though 2geda, bt any Spdc staff frm Ph wil always have the upper hand in many areas, more expecially those that work in Terminals.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:03am On Dec 27, 2012
kingsmecca: @All, I'm a Gas Engineering student of The University Of Port Harcourt pls I need who can assist me to connect to any Oil and Gas industry for my 2013 Internship programe (IT) space here in south-south especially Port Harcourt, Pls U can inbox me on 08035800805 Kingsley.
go to DPR @ NNPC u can easily secure a place there, luckily if ur to wrk with DPR, u will meet loads of Oil Contractors who came to registered/renew their DPR permit, tru them u can get a better work @ big oil coy after ur skul. Dats the stratage mst pple use nw. Note ur to take exam before anytin...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:13am On Dec 27, 2012
@Mod why was i ban na? Wht did i do? Or is't spam bot dat did...smh.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hello scantee. You have really done a great job here.

I want to ask you. Why do write in shorthand? I think that was why Jarus did not believe your an oil company staff because it didnt portray you as someone who is thorough.

But from all you have written, it is clear that you have experience in the industry.

How do I get to reach you, please?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 5:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
scantee: @Mod why was i ban na? Wht did i do? Or is't spam bot dat did...smh.
it could be the spam bot

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
2sexy: Hello scantee. You have really done a great job here.

I want to ask you. Why do write in shorthand? I think that was why Jarus did not believe your an oil company staff because it didnt portray you as someone who is thorough.

But from all you have written, it is clear that you have experience in the industry.

If you will want to work in an IOC, then be ready to go through the process transparently. Most oil and gas job recruitment are fair but very competitive.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ameh43: 7:15am On Dec 28, 2012
How do i get enrolled in offshore job? I studied electrical n electrical engineering. Send me mail on blessedben25@yahoo.com
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 8:07am On Dec 28, 2012
x-fire:

If you will want to work in an IOC, then be ready to go through the process transparently. Most oil and gas job recruitment are fair but very competitive.
Thanks, I know about that. I am not looking for a cheap process. I am a fresh grad waiting for my NYSC. Just needed more info on better ways to improve on what I have.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2012
2sexy: Hello scantee. You have really done a great job here.

lol. My brother, the truth is dat i type all that with my fone, if u check well u can see that my first write up here was nt formated, i have been on leave for the past four weeks nw, so am nt in the office to use system, and i hardly be @ home to use my lappy, u knw as a sports persn, i play football and is frm one training to another, mst atimes i replied all these on a training ground, as am typing nw, am on training pitch, though i will soon resume work. Sorry whn i resume wrk i can give u my contact. Hapi xmas.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 10:39am On Dec 28, 2012
blink182: Please can someone help with the salary and other perks of new contract staff at Daewoo. I am about to enter with my first degree. I know it is not an oil firm but please help if you can.
are u into civil work?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2012
scantee: lol. My brother, the truth is dat i type all that with my fone, if u check well u can see that my first write up here was nt formated, i have been on leave for the past four weeks nw, so am nt in the office to use system, and i hardly be @ home to use my lappy, u knw as a sports persn, i play football and is frm one training to another, mst atimes i replied all these on a training ground, as am typing nw, am on training pitch, though i will soon resume work. Sorry whn i resume wrk i can give u my contact. Hapi xmas.
no wahala... you can send me an email through the one in my signature. Just look closely. Thanks . wink
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by sammyjoe39(m): 11:31am On Dec 28, 2012
@ scantee
I never understood the part where you were stating ( 2/2 or 7/5). Furthermore, I want you to please advice me on the professional courses I need to do for both offshore and onshore companies. Just graduated from FUTA (Civil Engineering to be precise with second class lower division). Please help me cos I really need your advise.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
sammyjoe39: @ scantee
I never understood the part where you were stating ( 2/2 or 7/5). Furthermore, I want you to please advice me on the professional courses I need to do for both offshore and onshore companies. Just graduated from FUTA (Civil Engineering to be precise with second class lower division). Please help me cos I really need your advise.

2/2 means 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, sorry bro i don't really know much about the offshore professional certification, is efe4luv that is into that.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Saintigk(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
@scantee..........u hv nt taken time to answer my question about HYSYS.
Do u knw anythn abt dt software nd ao relevant is it in oil companies.
Also,pls whc company offers best HSE trainnin nd most recognised nd acceptable; NISP,PMPI,NEBOSH?
I reall appreciate ur works.
Pls ao can i contact u nd efe4luv?

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by sammyjoe39(m): 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
scantee: 2/2 means 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, sorry bro i don't really know much about the offshore professional certification, is efe4luv that is into that.

Thx so much for d info

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.