Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,708 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand (4382 Views)

Judge Me, My Conscience Is Troubled / Am I Taking Advantage Of Her? Please Judge Me! / Pls Don't Judge Me Harshly But I Seem To Be Falling For Married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by julienne86: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
please advise!
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by omega25red(m): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
Did your ex not bring you around when you guys were dating? and what is it with you and this family that you wnet from one brother to the other. If your ex didn't say anything to his brother, don't you think that he shares the same thought as you?

If the brother has been matured enough to not mention it, then you should keep your mouth shut too.
There are definately some things you should take to your grave and this will be one of them

1 Like

Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
talking about the past, you should ask yourself whether you ended the relationship well b4 getting married to his brother,then summon courage and talk to your husband about it, since you had a brief relationship with his brother,just go ahead and tell him i think he would understand
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
You better don't tell him. Keep your mouth shut. It is not everything you should tell your spouse. Apply wisdom my dear.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Jbols2001(m): 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
Guess what, he would surely find out 1day and it would be better if he finds out from u. Besides u can keep wearing that poker face for the rest of ur life.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by tpia1: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
if you dont want to be judged, then dont post your personal stories on nl.

especially when you know your matter has comma.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by RudySmith(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
julienne86: So I had a brief relationship with a guy and we parted. Today I am married to that guy's brother. I never told my husband that I had a relationship with his brother. First I thought our relationship would just be a fling and I did not take it seriously. As time went by, we became closer and closer and fell so hard with each other. At that point I was afraid of losing him by telling him. As our relationship grew, it was harder and harder to tell him. Today we are married. I still haven't told him. His brother haven't told him either. Everyday, that past haunts me and it only gets harder. I have a gazillions of questions that runs through my mind. Am I betraying my dear husband? Will he discover that I was his brother's gf one day? How will he react? Will he despise me? How does his brother perceives me now? Am I a monster for doing what I am doing?
I do not want to lose my husband, I love and respect him beyond words. I just do not if I am doing the right thing by concealing my past to him! Should I tell him? I am getting sick. I am stressing so much. IS there a way out of this? Please advise!

The above in bold should be all the reasons needed to come clean with your husband, unless of course you have no idea about what love & respect means.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by julienne86: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
Well, it is not that easy.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by omega25red(m): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
How come you didn't answer my question

Didn't your ex bring you around while you guys were seeeing each other?
Where did you meet this new brother?
Did he ever bring you around?
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Chikanthy455(f): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
Uhmm smetin u shuda done earlier on ws 2 tell ur husband abou ur ex xpecialy 4 d fact d@ twas his bro,d@s smetin he shud knw no mata wah.and i'd say d earlier he knws abou d@ d beta cos it'd av bin a whole lot beta if he had known abou it frm d stat in d@ case tins wudnt av gotten dis complicated 4 u,buh stl u can tell him abourit nw, u jst no au u gona go abou d@ bt stl u gotta tell him abourit buh seriusly,i wonda au u guys dated,courted and all nd still he neva gt 2 know u dated his bro,he cud av ill feelings abou d@ u knw
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by julienne86: 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Aafulenu(f): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
abeg, i kneel d0wn beg u, since u didnt tell him b4 marriage its 2 late nw, just carry ur scret 2 d grave
c0s believe me the m0ment u tell that is d end 0f it. unless u r very very very very very sure ur hubby can handle it.
i have seen many marriages and r/s brake up c0s 0f s0metin like his, 0nce u tell him this is likely whats is g0ing t0 be runing in his head -
1. are u sure she wasnt still sleepin with him even when we were dating?
2. are these kids realy mine 0r my br0thers?
3. what 0ther things has she been d0ing behind my back. etc

by then u cant take ur w0rds back, ur marriage will be in tr0ble, the wh0le extended family will be inv0lved, ur hubby and his br0ther will bec0me enemies. u will be labeled a slut by m0st pple.
insh0rt m0st pple will even advice d man t0 div0ce u.
my dear, just b0ttle it up. as far as the affair ended way b4 ur marriage.

btw, ur hubby might be mature and f0rget abt it, but knwing men as i d0, i d0ubt it.

6 Likes

Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
You are a very funny and selfish girl.Sorry I may sound harsh but gosh,in yoruba land brothers don't dig same well! You should have told him before marrying hime.If indeed you loved each other so and you are truly meant to be,he would have worked out
how to come to terms with the relationship you had in the past with his brother.Anyway,I think you should tell him. Yes,runaway from home and when he comes looking for you,tell him how bad you feel and how much you love and respect him.I think the brother may be feeling bad already about it too. Overall,you get liver o,I won't even date brothers let alone marry my ex' relation.

1 Like

Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by DExplorer1: 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
OP got more secrets besides just "dating" briefly. She got attraction and whatnot. She's as well mentally declined to just wake up now that she's in marriage. Damn! She needs healing. Tell your husby and end your marriage because he's NEVER gonna trust you again. Young woman, you "kept" the secret for this long, can you keep it forever? I think you did some dirty stuff with his brother.

1 Like

Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by obowunmi(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
Forget the past and move on.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by julienne86: 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
Dirty?
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Aafulenu(f): 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
D-Explorer:
OP got more secrets besides just "dating" briefly. She got attraction and whatnot. She's as well mentally declined to just wake up now that she's in marriage. Damn! She needs healing. Tell your husby and end your marriage because he's NEVER gonna trust you again. Young woman, you "kept" the secret for this long, can you keep it forever? I think you did some dirty stuff with his brother.

0p this is exactly hw ur hubby will start t0 tink. u have n0tin t0 gain by tellin except a clear mind.

@ d end its ur ch0ice, u make d decisi0n u live wit d c0nsequences. but as s0me just said let the past rest in d past.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by eldoradoxx: 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
julienne86: Well, it is not that easy. If I tell him, it may ruin our relationship. Do you imagine how awkward it will be whenever all 3 of us are in the same place? The last thing any man wants is to have to deal with his wife's ex. Now imagine if that ex is his won brother. I dont want to worry my husband. I do not want him to doubt my faithfulness, love, dedication. I dont want him to question our relationship . We r meant to be together and I dont want to jeopardize US. It is just too hard to live with this secret... I don't have anyone to turn to, I cannot tell anybody. I feel trapped. I dont want to fall into depression.... this is oh so hard to live with
I think you are troubling yourself over nothing. Since his brother has refused to tell him what transpired between you both, it means he has sealed his lips forever and it would be immature and childish of him to open up on that now. Just relax, it happens atimes and what you need to do is ensure nothing whatsoever transpires between you both again.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
julienne86: Well, it is not that easy. If I tell him, it may ruin our relationship. Do you imagine how awkward it will be whenever all 3 of us are in the same place? The last thing any man wants is to have to deal with his wife's ex. Now imagine if that ex is his won brother. I dont want to worry my husband. I do not want him to doubt my faithfulness, love, dedication. I dont want him to question our relationship . We r meant to be together and I dont want to jeopardize US. It is just too hard to live with this secret... I don't have anyone to turn to, I cannot tell anybody. I feel trapped. I dont want to fall into depression.... this is oh so hard to live with

When the truth eventually gets out [and don't kid yourself, it will!], the thing that would hurt him the most is that you played him for a fool all the while that you didn't tell him. He would look back on the three of you hanging out thinking you had a good laugh about his ignorance. It would have been better you told him b4 the wedding but.....Tell him now. Yes, he would be hurt but soon he would realize that you love him so much that it was killing you to keep lying to him. If eventually something other than a guilty conscience forces your hand he might not be as forgiving. For instance, your ex/BiL might try blackmailing you to have sex with him again? undecided
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Shugamania(f): 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
I smell guilt here.. If you didnt do any dirty deed with your brother in law, i see no reason why you should be so beat up about it. Forget the whole thing already and move on with your life.

1 Like

Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by ministerblessed: 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
Pls tel him,imagine if it was ur sis he dated and kept it away from u for so long.........its never too late. If u love him as much as u claim u will tel him
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by olumide00(m): 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]it is not easy o
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
julienne86: When I was dating his brother he never introduce me to any of his family members or friends, neither did I. We dated very briefly may be for a month or so and each of us moved on to sth else. Then heaven said I would meet and marry his brother.
I thought I could live with this but it is only getting harder, my heart aches.

When you discovered earlier that you were dating your ex brother even up to marriage, why didn't you end the relationship or was your plan to hurt his brother(your Ex).

Anyway, karma just flash it face on you and you are already panicking. This is your end.

Except you maintain a good relationship with your EX boyfriend, he is in the best position to disclose it to his brother on your behalf as man to man talk.

If you tell him, he will feel disturbed by either seeing you as a bad lady who want to draw a score with his brother or he will be spiteful of his brother making out with u behind his back.

Your web of ingratitude is about to trap you.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by camgal(f): 11:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
This is irrelevant but would you condemn or judge this man for hitting this girl?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YNMFxciY20&feature=plcp
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by ayobase(m): 12:21am On Nov 20, 2012
pDude: You better don't tell him. Keep your mouth shut. It is not everything you should tell your spouse. Apply wisdom my dear.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 20, 2012
Are these the same guys that were recently saying their spouse should tell them EVERYTHING and that NOTHING should be a secret?
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by luvmijeje(f): 6:06am On Nov 20, 2012
Op abeg leave dat,nobody is a baby.You slept with ur husband's bro dat is why u are worried.To be honest what u did was stupidity and greediness.Now u ve to open up to him coz d truth we definitely comes out and it is better it comes out from u.

1 Like

Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by DExplorer1: 8:33am On Nov 20, 2012
ministerblessed: Pls tel him,imagine if it was ur sis he dated and kept it away from u for so long.........its never too late. If u love him as much as u claim u will tel him
What silly comparison is this? We're talking in the context of marriage and not a boyfriend-girlfriend exploit.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by bisi16(m): 8:44am On Nov 20, 2012
U reduced ur life span d day u married him by hiding dis detail.. However, u can increase it again by telling him d truth, even if he works out on ya..
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by paulworld(m): 9:17am On Nov 20, 2012
if you haven't had sex wit his broda then you are on d safer side even though he later knowns, but if u have had my dear trouble go dey ooo. Anyway all d best
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by fairygeh(f): 10:12am On Nov 20, 2012
@ poster,Are you sure you didnt sleep with him?its crazy already tho cos even ur topic shows there is sumthing bad u think u did by using the word "judge".If u did ve s ex with ur hubby's bro,my dear dont tell him and make this ur biggest prayer point everyday that ur hubby doesnt EVER get to find out.but if u didnt sleep with him then i think u ought to have told ur hubby since cos he might just understand but dnt u tink its late already to tell him now cos trust me he's gonna ask you why u didnt tell him since if u guys didnt fawk for real.
Re: Please Do Not JUDGE Me, Try To Understand by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
2 can only keep a secret when one of them is dead...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-miss Nigerian UK, Dabota Lawson Falls In Love With 60+ Yrs Old Billionaire / Must Guys Always Give Their Girlfriend Money As Prove Of Love? / Guys Can You Do This To A Girl(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.