Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer (55871 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by OkwaIfugo(m): 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
this one na since naa.
we are waiting for Innoson Aeroplanes.
Nnewi kwenu.

3 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by ypzilanti: 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
I cant even imagine that someone would playa hate on this guy. A street smart guy that has worked hard to build his business, transfer technology, and employ people. If someone curses you that you will never succeed in life now, you will say why go to such extreme.

7 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by manny4life(m): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
lankspex: Is he actually manufacturing the vehicles or just assembling them?

That depends from what the SOM or MAN defines as "Made in Nigeria". For instance, a "Made in U.S.A product MUST have 70% of it's parts manufactured directly in the U.S., therefore, from the screws to the bolts, to the tires, to the glass etc, if it's manufactured locally, then I guess it manufactured in Nigeria.

Btw, it doesn't really matter, bottom line is he took the bold step to achieve what no one else would have done.

2 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Truckpusher(m): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
This is a sign of the better days that lies ahead in Nigeria after this our wicked and ungrateful generation is gone for good...once again he has made us proud as Nigerians and we can only hope for him and others with the same ingenuity to come forward and give this country the push so much needed despite the odd against them.

3 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by lacasa: 8:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
Shouldn't the title off this thread be 1st ASSEMBLING PLANT
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by adicious(m): 8:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
LOZENGE: ivm will be the first ride i will buy
MY HEAD IS THERE..
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by manny4life(m): 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
lacasa: Shouldn't the title off this thread be 1st ASSEMBLING PLANT

QUIT HATING...
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by princemedico: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
ilugunboy: I also saw Innoson boldly engraved on some PHCN new OTA electricity meters..is he also into the production of that?
No, he is not into that. He only produces the plastic used in casing the meter.

On topic, it's a nice development and i see more of his brand on the road these days, only wondering when he will venture into cars.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2012
Itoroetti :
Nice development.but does the government protect d local investors?dis shud be done so that other international blue chip companies dont overide them.

First question is how come the govt is not patronizing the Brother?

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Truckpusher(m): 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2012
he's not hating ,he's only asking a question and it's your duty to educate him
manny4life:

QUIT HATING...
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by manny4life(m): 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
Truckpusher: he's not hating ,he's only asking a question and it's your duty to educate him

Educate who? A know tribal basher?

Let him tell us the reason why he first made the comment? What makes him believe it's an assembly rather than manufacture?
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
manny4life:

That depends from what the SOM or MAN defines as "Made in Nigeria". For instance, a "Made in U.S.A product MUST have 70% of it's parts manufactured directly in the U.S., therefore, from the screws to the bolts, to the tires, to the glass etc, if it's manufactured locally, then I guess it manufactured in Nigeria.

Btw, it doesn't really matter, bottom line is he took the bold step to achieve what no one else would have done.

Thanks for setting this straight. A lot of nescient Nigerians think that manufacturing a vehicle translates to manufacturing every components. No, that isn't the case as the above comment says. Many components of the vehicle are manufactured in other countries or within the country by other companies. FORD, GM and many others import or source out pretty much some of the parts used in the manufacturing their vehicles. However, that doesn't change their status as Auto Manufacturers. If the cost of building manufacturing plants to manufacture bolts, electronics, upholstery and other miscellaneous vehicle components outweighs the cost of importing or sourcing them, why not source them.

2 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by nanaboi(m): 8:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
I wonder how the said plant runs considering our power issues here. What we need from government is not their verbal support, but LIGHT.

Without light, Nigeria will NEVER do well in production or manufacturing of any sort. Several companies that tried before are like ancient tombstones now. People import coz it's easier to trade here than it is to produce anything.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by ypzilanti: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
lankspex: Is he actually manufacturing the vehicles or just assembling them?

All car companies are assembly plants. They all outsource parts production, now.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
princemedico:
No, he is not into that. He only produces the plastic used in casing the meter.

On topic, it's a nice development and i see more of his brand on the road these days, only wondering when he will venture into cars.

Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that he only manufactures the plastic? You think the manufacturer of the meter as you said will allow him to engrave his name on it? How stupid will the meter manufacturer be? It's a customary in the manufacturing industry that irrespective of whether the components were sourced, the name engraved on the item/device is the manufacturer. There can't be two manufacturers.

Please show proofs as this is a serious allegation or misinformation.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Sijo01(f): 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
Seriously, this man is a blessing to Nigeria....... My office bought a coaster bus from him last year just for a trial. The bus has stand the test of time. We just placed order for 10 high roof IVM buses, 8has been delivered, remaing2. The buses are soo cool and rugged for naija roads.

10 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
If Mr. President is person that wants development, he will make these cars his official car and make all mda's use the cars. Increased demand will result in innoson employing more people and providing employment.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by manny4life(m): 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
Danka7777:

Thanks for setting this straight. A lot of nescient Nigerians think that manufacturing a vehicle translates to manufacturing every components. No, that isn't the case as the above comment says. Many components of the vehicle are manufactured in other countries or within the country by other companies. FORD, GM and many others import or source out pretty much some of the parts used in the manufacturing their vehicles. However, that doesn't change their status as Auto Manufacturers. If the cost of building manufacturing plants to manufacture bolts, electronics, upholstery and other miscellaneous vehicle component outweighs the cost of importing or sourcing them, why not source them.

I totally agree with you, a lot of folks do not know that a car has hundreds of parts and not ALL will be locally produced. Car companies have to source 100's of parts internationally but it does not change the status quo that the finished products was produced in that country.

3 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by manny4life(m): 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
Truckpusher: Then you educate him like the simpleton he is.

When time comes, I will educate him.

My only comment to him so far is, it don't matter, it's rare to find a car company that manufactures all it's own products AND OR to source locally made components to. So whether its' assembled in Nigeria, it's highly irrelevant.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by bestower: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
I am a yoruba man and to me i do not see any maturity in some of nairalanders who criticise other tribes because of their achievements,and success,we should all join hands together to move this great country forward to achieve better progress....today its an igbo success,tomorrow might be hausa,or yoruba,so pls drop the attitudes of discrimination in all forms.innoson,this is just beginning of ur achievements,go and make us proud.God bless nairalanders,God bless nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
Very impressive...

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Truckpusher(m): 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
That's a nice point and it's a way of telling all and sundry that you are ready to build your own economy .But show me one West African country president that isn't a western puppet.
blink182: If Mr. President is person that wants development, he will make these cars his official car and make all mda's use the cars. Increased demand will result in innoson employing more people and providing employment.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by ZeusI: 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mad Cow: Innoson chinese toy car assemblers..

You just sound like one of those Nigerian graduates who think that they should still be suckling/ wearing pampers, hoping for the federal goverment to give them job after what i now call 'wasted years and huge resources' in higher institution. Look at a man who came from a poor family challenging those so called unemployed youths loitering up and down. Go find something doing and before long, you will gain considerable recognition to have govt aid you financially. Not just setting-up some crap and wanting them to direct a pipe of chevron petrolum terminal station to your account. Nnewis, Anambrans and Igbos are making us proud with Ijabus(in yoruba land), and hausas from Kano state. With these unfliching adventures our country shall be good enough to be proud of. 'You don't change anything by always seeing faults, and complaining against the current order(govt), create yours to make the existing one obsolete'. You still have time, better start now or join the formidable league of poor - complaing masses. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by GeJ79: 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
THE CARS SHOULD BE MADE OFFICIAL CAR FOR NIGERIA PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDERS TO INCREASE DEMAND AND THEREBY CREATING MORE JOBS FOR NIGERIANS.......

3 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by ypzilanti: 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
blink182: If Mr. President is person that wants development, he will make these cars his official car and make all mda's use the cars. Increased demand will result in innoson employing more people and providing employment.

Exactly. If Federal government orders that all buses bought by their ministries and agencies must be from Innoson, he will have to increase capacity and employ more Nigerians. But they wont do it because all the Japanese and Korean car importers are their cronies.

2 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Truckpusher(m): 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
In a nutshell ,it's just Nigerians killing Nigeria
ypzilanti:

Exactly. If Federal government orders that all buses bought by their ministries and agencies must be from Innoson, he will have to increase capacity and employ more Nigerians. But they wont do it because all the Japanese and Korean car importers are their cronies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imagine If All Dangote Trucks Were Built Like This (Photos And Video) / Luxury Audi R8 Car Worth Over N40million Spotted At Lagos Airport. Photos / The Overloaded Vehicle Seized In Bauchi By FRSC Officials Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.