Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer (55869 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by esere826: 6:04am On Nov 22, 2012
Ayowumie:
I absolutely agree with you. The next thing, we persuade Ghanian and Chadian governments to patronise Innoson by providing trade credit. It would be difficult to bring in Benin Republic because the country gets direct supply of fairly used cars from Europe but then the country is a land-locked nation, Nigerian government can provide some incentive such as training Benin republic's custom and immigration agencies. The whole thing can be worked out.
But then, before all these work, Nigerian governments (Federal, State and Local) must be forced to patronise IVM. This is how it is done in developed countries. United States govt patronise General Motors to the 'core'.

ah!! thank God that there is someone here reasoning outside the box
and not busy pitching ethnic tents
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by groovy400: 6:26am On Nov 22, 2012
Danka7777:

Here they are again...judas! They will doubt and ask irrational questions to appease their pent-up huff against such ingenious ingenuity instead of celebrating such a non-brainier.

I see no harm in this question! It is not a criticism. Pls enlighten the poster.

Innoson assembles but doesn't produce vehicles. The company has not yet acquired the capacity. I guess acquiring the capacity for this is the dream of this great investor.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by InvertedHammer: 6:51am On Nov 22, 2012
akigbemaru:

No sir!!!!! You failed again! This is from person who has seen it all and who thinks with his head, Innoson is nothing but a glorified warehouse!

Obviously, you are very ignorant about auto industry.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by salt1: 6:59am On Nov 22, 2012
dokunbam: good thinking, what of the quality of the product?

I have used their customized plastic products and it was wa oh!

If you are thinking of quality customized souvenirs for ceremonies, the Innoson products are unique
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Sijo01(f): 7:17am On Nov 22, 2012
Those of you saying he import everything and does only the assembling, this might not be true because everything he uses according to our transport manager are locally sourced and manufactured execpt some engine parts thats being imported.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by vanstanzy(m): 7:32am On Nov 22, 2012
[quote author=bestower]I am a yoruba man and to me i do not see any maturity in some of nairalanders who criticise other tribes because of their achievements,and success,we should all join hands together to move this great country forward to achieve better progress....today its an igbo success,tomorrow might be hausa,or yoruba,so pls drop the attitudes of discrimination in all forms.innoson,this is just beginning of ur achievements,go and make us proud.God bless nairalanders,God bless nigeria.[/quote

U re rare and one of the very few matured Nigerians on nairaland. Other people who see nothing good in other tribes are just plain IGNORANT. Somehow maturity is far from them.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Sagewood: 7:37am On Nov 22, 2012
Whatever your comments are, please take time to read and understand history.
Many countries or manufacturers started like Innoson and they were derided and
never given a chance to succeed. But countries like China, India, Brazil and South Korea
forged ahead nevertheless. Today, Brazil's economy is larger than that of the UK and Canada, and poised to overtake
France and Germany within few years. China's economy overtook Germany and Japan few years ago, and they are positioned
to overtake the USA, and become the world number one economy within 20 years.
Manufacturing played a key role in the growth of the above countries.

Long live Innoson Group, Long live Nigeria. Let's build Nigeria and be supportive.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Originalsly: 7:49am On Nov 22, 2012
lankspex: Is he actually manufacturing the vehicles or just assembling them?
As I understand it...he is just assembling them and sticking on his IVM name. The headline is misleading. At least he is on the right track to self reliance.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Austinodark(m): 8:03am On Nov 22, 2012
Well done Innoson,and Nnewi,Long Live the IGBOS
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Jblx(m): 8:18am On Nov 22, 2012
Hmmm... What a good news! God bless Nigeria.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2012
Originalsly: As I understand it...he is just assembling them and sticking on his IVM name. The headline is misleading. At least he is on the right track to self reliance.

Use your brain and eyes and read the articles that have been posted on the firm before commenting.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by laclass(m): 8:35am On Nov 22, 2012
Be it a manufacturing or assembling plant is a very welcoming development for all i care..plz IVM keep it up more grease to ur elbow and others who have intention of such in future for Nigerian development.this is good news ....
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 22, 2012
Henry120: Rossike, I appreciate your efforts. You make me proud to be a nigerian. Breath of fresh air, is what is needed, not a bunch of newspapers churning out bad news all the time.

P.s, I also follow you guys at skyscrapercity.com. Nice job

Thanks bro. cool
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by otokx(m): 8:41am On Nov 22, 2012
He still has a lot of Nigeria market penetration to do.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 22, 2012
^^^ Well, that's where the banks come in. He needs to get adequate capital to expand his operations. I don't see that being a major problem to be honest as there's such goodwill from the public and private sector for this company.

INNOSON Group wins 2012 African Business of the Year Award
SATURDAY, 16 JUNE 2012 09:06

The panel was constituted by the Commonwealth Business Council and African Business Magazine.

Innoson Group, a Nigerian vehicle manufacturing company has bagged the 2012 African Business of the year award.

The Award, an initiative of the African Business Magazine and the Commonwealth Business Council is in recognition of the group’s success in Nigeria and Africa.

Innocent Chukwuma, Chairman of the Group, who received the award on behalf of the organisation on Friday in London, said the company was committed to the industrial growth of Nigeria.

``We have also keyed into the Federal Government’s agenda to develop vital sectors of the economy to make Nigeria one of the top economies by 2020,’’ he said.

Galib Virani of Afren International, an upstream oil and gas company, noted that the company’s industrial record was not only outstanding but heart-warming.

He said that the company did not only represent the best in Nigeria but also a champion in Africa.

"It is a thing of pride to have such a high profile group in the African continent,” Virani said.

Six distinguished business experts including Jean-Louis Ekra, Runa Alam, Amadou Ba, Barbara James, Sir Samuel Jonah and Tim Turner formed the panel.

The panel was constituted by the Commonwealth Business Council and African Business which recommended the group for the award.

Some of the criteria included the group’s business leadership skills and the ability to overcome tough hurdles in a hostile business environment like Nigeria.

The team also considered the group’s rise into auto parts engineering, assemblage and manufacturing of automobiles in Nigeria.

The company was nominated for the award by Nigeria’s Bank of Industry (BOI).

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/39638-innoson-group-wins-2012-african-business-of-the-year-award
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Elise1: 8:51am On Nov 22, 2012
akigbemaru: This is not a factory to manufacture cars, this is a warehouse! I have seen it and it does not look anything like car manufacturing plants I have seen before. Nigeria can manufacture cars but we are too gullible to fall for the trick of Oyinbo man. All we have got to do is, stop the importation of cars and consult any foreigner car manufacture, but a franchise and give them our own brand of car with African or Nigerian names, all they have got to support us with is the dashboards for all the cars we are making. That is how is done oversea. If US for instance manufactures BMW, IT DOES not have permission to make the dashboard by itself. We just got to consult the Japanese to build those robots that weld anything iron on cars. From every dashboard the mother car company supply, they have their own percentage and that is to guarantee them how many cars are we producing. This will ease the stress of shipping foreign cars and import duties.

Nigerians. why can't we for once appreciate ourselves.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by ABAKA72(m): 9:03am On Nov 22, 2012
leftone: Akingbemaru might be right.
I work at the apapa port and I see Inosson consignments come in.
They are what we call CKD(completely knocked down) goods which are assembled in Nigeria.
This is so because it attracts a low rate of duty.
Inosson imports CKD vehicles and only assembles here.
I can say that as a fact.
Don't get me wrong here.
It is a very good innovation.
I only mentioned this because of the fact manufacturing and assembling was mentioned.
It is cheaper to manufacture in china and asemble here.
OK you were at the port? Have you been to the factory to see what percentage of the products that are manufactured locally? there is no car manufacturer anywere in the world that does not import components, be it Toyota, ford, GM, mazda, Honda etc. So because Boeing imports the landing gear(wheel) suspension system and some component of their computer system from Indian manufacturers, they are no longer the makers of those aircrafts? Do your resarch very well before comming to a public forum to display your ignorance, Innoson should be given the credit he desarves.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by greatknght: 9:17am On Nov 22, 2012
Taliking of quality,I travelled in this bus from Enugu to lagos. I had a good ride. It didnt feel different from the toyota Hiace. It was after i got to lagos that i saw the name on it and knew it was innoson. The vehicle is good and if it had quality defects, i know people would be quick to raise alarm. having an accident doesnt tell how strong a car brand is because you most likely would be dead after that. I have seen toyota and benz having certain parts of the car flying off on a journey(and you trust their quality). The basic is to have a safe car which requires ISO and other certifications even for cars assembled outside the manufacturer's plant.Innoson is on a good cause. I am waiting for the sedan line so i can patronize.

sent from my iberry thinkpad.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 22, 2012
There's no reason why INNOSON should not be a major player in the global auto industry, on a par with the likes of Toyota, Honda, and GM over the next decade or two. Primary focus should be the African market, which is more than ripe for a dynamic new entrant into its auto market, providing well-priced, reliable vehicles. R&D (research and development) should also be heavily invested in within the firm, with the aim being to further drive down prices without compromising quality, and corner the African market. But the key to all this is to lay a heavy stake in the Nigerian market first, and this was why INNOSON asked the Ghanaians to wait until they'd fully consolidated their Nigeria operations.

I would also suggest, perhaps as a mid-term objective, their release of a flagship luxury saloon vehicle. THAT would turn a lot of heads around the world for sure.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 22, 2012
GeJ79: THE CARS SHOULD BE MADE OFFICIAL CAR FOR NIGERIA PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDERS TO INCREASE DEMAND AND THEREBY CREATING MORE JOBS FOR NIGERIANS.......
This Useless Government will agree to this?, they will prefer patronising Toyota and BMW
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by ABAKA72(m): 9:29am On Nov 22, 2012
tplacid: I am a Yoruba Boy but I have always known it that Igbos are the most creative and hardworking tribe in Nigeria, yes we Yorubas might have intellect and love for Knowledge but Igbos are naturally gifted when it comes to science. I want a future where Igbos and Yorubas work hand in gloves to build a better Africa. Our folks in the North through ground breaking Agricultural Techniques can feed us till Kingdom comes. God Bless Nigerians and the rest of the world.
the day we Nigerians develop your mindset will be the advent of the greatness of this country and bye to violence, Ethnic bigotry, seperatist agitation etc. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Shine1177: 9:33am On Nov 22, 2012
Good job IVM!
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by docjuli(m): 9:34am On Nov 22, 2012
Ayowumie:
I absolutely agree with you. The next thing, we persuade Ghanian and Chadian governments to patronise Innoson by providing trade credit. It would be difficult to bring in Benin Republic because the country gets direct supply of fairly used cars from Europe but then the country is a land-locked nation, Nigerian government can provide some incentive such as training Benin republic's custom and immigration agencies. The whole thing can be worked out.
But then, before all these work, Nigerian governments (Federal, State and Local) must be forced to patronise IVM. This is how it is done in developed countries. United States govt patronise General Motors to the 'core'.

Sorry Ayowumie, are you referring Rep of Benin as land-locked nation?
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2012
CHESSBOARD:
This Useless Government will agree to this?, they will prefer patronising Toyota and BMW

Actually the federal govt and various state govts have already begun using INNOSON vehicles on their official duties. (You'd now this if you'd taken the time to read the articles posted). But like I said earlier, what I think INNOSON needs is to develop a flagship luxury saloon car, comparable to the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Nissan Primera etc. That would now offer senior govt officials a reasonable car to replace their mercs and bmws. Imagine Mr President riding around in a luxury INNOSON saloon on his official duties? That would be a very bold statement of govt support for the Nigerian manufacturing industry, and would work wonders for the INNOSON brand nationwide and beyond.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by madridsta007(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2012
lankspex: Is he actually manufacturing the vehicles or just assembling them?

Which one are you doing?

3 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by ABAKA72(m): 9:49am On Nov 22, 2012
akigbemaru:

No sir!!!!! You failed again! This is from person who has seen it all and who thinks with his head, Innoson is nothing but a glorified warehouse!
Ok I see, you worked for GM for 4 years and then Toyota for 5 years as a production manager, PAN Kaduna for 6 years, holds Phd. In Auto engineering and has an Auto manufacturing plant. Innoson is a subject of this thread because he has achieve something great, thats why he is being talked about. So go do something usefull with your miserable life so that people will talk about you. Bloody nonentity.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by madridsta007(m): 9:53am On Nov 22, 2012
akigbemaru: This is not a factory to manufacture cars, this is a warehouse! I have seen it and it does not look anything like car manufacturing plants I have seen before. Nigeria can manufacture cars but we are too gullible to fall for the trick of Oyinbo man. All we have got to do is, stop the importation of cars and consult any foreigner car manufacture, but a franchise and give them our own brand of car with African or Nigerian names, all they have got to support us with is the dashboards for all the cars we are making. That is how is done oversea. If US for instance manufactures BMW, IT DOES not have permission to make the dashboard by itself. We just got to consult the Japanese to build those robots that weld anything iron on cars. From every dashboard the mother car company supply, they have their own percentage and that is to guarantee them how many cars are we producing. This will ease the stress of shipping foreign cars and import duties.

While you and your cronies are throwing your subtle tribal tantrums at INNOSON, the Ghanians and others will come and steal this man and give him a lot of incentives to develop their auto industry.

At that time you will be crying, 'had I known'. Silly Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 22, 2012
Either it is manufactured in Nigeria or assembled in Nigeria,it adds to the glory of the country.Its an employer of labour,i see their buses on the road and its nigeria identity.with my experience most manufacturing concern don manufacture every thing on their own,even the great names like Toyota,Honda and co have parts that are not manufactured for them or in the country of production.I once visited sulliar compressor in France the only thing that the company produce is the screw and body of the compressor,every other thing are aourced from other company in france and outside.So let give credit to the great biz man,he has made it were others failed.My problem though is when are they going into production or assemblage of cars,at least Niga drives kia,hyundia etc so why not ivm.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imagine If All Dangote Trucks Were Built Like This (Photos And Video) / Luxury Audi R8 Car Worth Over N40million Spotted At Lagos Airport. Photos / The Overloaded Vehicle Seized In Bauchi By FRSC Officials Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.