Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,138 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer (55870 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Revolva(m): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
Well its a great innovation - wish a time will come when nigeria start exporting machines like this and less import things not only cars infact even household things
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Itoroetti(m): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
Fhemmmy:

First question is how come the govt is not patronizing the Brother?
i guess d wish to and if u had read d entire write up,Gej has order for about 6000 or thereabout to be use for mass transit.but to me,thatz neva enough.d govt should create a policy that enable that gives them advantages,thats wat Germany did and now d are d best.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by ZeusI: 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
akigbemaru: This is not a factory to manufacture cars, this is a warehouse! I have seen it and it does not look anything like car manufacturing plants I have seen before. Nigeria can manufacture cars but we are too gullible to fall for the trick of Oyinbo man. All we have got to do is, stop the importation of cars and consult any foreigner car manufacture, but a franchise and give them our own brand of car with African or Nigerian names, all they have got to support us with is the dashboards for all the cars we are making. That is how is done oversea. If US for instance manufactures BMW, IT DOES not have permission to make the dashboard by itself. We just got to consult the Japanese to build those robots that weld anything iron on cars. From every dashboard the mother car company supply, they have their own percentage and that is to guarantee them how many cars are we producing. This will ease the stress of shipping foreign cars and import duties.
Why do poor people have this ill-conduct of condemning what is, yet, proffering nothing concrete to serve a physical challenge to such. Young man, have you any warehouse for storage? Let-alone the one to spill automobil. Bad bele.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by veraponpo(m): 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
This is good but the caption is misleading. Before Innoson, Nigeria has Peugeot Nigeria Ltd in Kaduna since 1970's and has been asembling cars for Nigerians and govts. But it is a laudable idea. Kudos.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by prettyboi1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
So the mod here hid my post cos I'm fighting tribalism? Well let me assume that was a mistake. I still have a copy of it & I'd repost it & if it's hidden again, that mod needs to get banned off nairaland for TYRANNY.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by aglomar: 9:09pm On Nov 21, 2012
gr8
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by prettyboi1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
This is the first time I'm going to be like this on nairaland & I think I'm justified. Why does the foolish mod keep hiding my post? Cos I'm fighting tribalism? "WELL FUUUCCKK YOU MOD, FUUUCCKK YOU. BAN ME SEF. TRIBAL DUNSE."
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by aglomar: 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
9s
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
Very good development. I'm so proud of what INNOSON has achieved. If only both the federal, state and local govts will patronise him the more, perhaps with time his factory will be established in other parts of the country. But funny and wicked things do happen in Nigeria. Some state govts would rather import inferior vehicles than patronise him because of ethnic reasons. I also hope INNOSON stay completely clear of partisan politics. That is one of the several good things Dangote has going for him.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by hbrednic: 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
NICE ONE INNOSON,HATER WILL NOT STOP YOU FROM SHINNING
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by lacosanostra: 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hv seen their suv, its cool
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by manny4life(m): 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
pretty_boi: This is the first time I'm going to be like this on nairaland & I think I'm justified. Why does the foolish mod keep hiding my post? Cos I'm fighting tribalism? "WELL FUUUCCKK YOU MOD, FUUUCCKK YOU. BAN ME SEF. TRIBAL DUNSE."

Dude, don't give yourself unnecessary HBP, undecided undecided undecided

You're here yelling out loud, meanwhile the mod is busy "with one click" hiding your post, dude, it's not worth the headache. So IMHO, QUIT.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by zone77(m): 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
@OP..pls post more pix frm d company,both the buses and the suv's,if its possible.he's a gr8 visionary and articulate.i pray God shud c him tru.GOODLUCK.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Proxytalk: 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
la cosa nostra: Hv seen their suv, its cool
why is peter obi not using the suv . that will be nice, ivm can even built one with bullet proof
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by princemedico: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
Danka7777:

Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that he only manufactures the plastic? You think the manufacturer of the meter as you said will allow him to engrave his name on it? How stupid will the meter manufacturer be? It's a customary in the manufacturing industry that irrespective of whether the components were sourced, the name engraved on the item/device is the manufacturer. There can't be two manufacturers.

Please show proofs as this is a serious allegation or misinformation.
Pls, have you seen the meter in question, the plastic box produced by Innoson contains a circuit breaker and the meter(which has it's manufacturer's name on it). So the plastic houses not only the e-meter but also a breaker.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by JLANCE(m): 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2012
Long stuff up there uhm.. the topic suggest the thing is good and some dudes are giving good comments. Less friction to his hinge joint.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by esere826: 10:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
@OP

Excellent post. I really dont care whether its assembly or manufacturing. For now, -Great
The next step:.................................

We (the Nigerian government) force the innoson vehicles to be bought for the ECOWAS military mission to Mali
After that, we (the Nigerian governmenet) force/push the Innoson vehicles to be bought by the Malian government as their regular official cars

(make them test am well well there).

Now, that is the way to think and act like a true global power player
(That is what Europe also did with us)
you can take it to the bank

2 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by salolo(m): 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
this is wonderful

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by princemedico: 10:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
veraponpo: This is good but the caption is misleading. Before Innoson, Nigeria has Peugeot Nigeria Ltd in Kaduna since 1970's and has been asembling cars for Nigerians and govts. But it is a laudable idea. Kudos.
How is the caption misleading, the last time I checked Peugeot Nigeria is not owned by one man, not to talk of being black. Please read the caption again. Thanks.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by texazzpete(m): 10:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
Nigerians and sentiments.

No indication if the cars have passed rigorous crash safety tests, if the cars have all the safety features as seen in contemporary vehicles from Toyota et al. No word on reliability.

Yet you want the Government to commit taxpayers funds to buy these vehicles!

There have been posts on Innoson motors and his wonderful achievements since 2010, but NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON HERE HAS BOUGHT ONE WITH HIS OWN MONEY.

Anybody who says anything other than unabashed adoration for this man is labelled a 'hater'. Biko, where are the defenders here who have bought their vehicles from him?
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Ikwerefistson: 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
akintun: I don't think it is d first black assembly plant, but why are people buying TATA when this is available .
pls tel us
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by leftone: 10:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
Akingbemaru might be right.
I work at the apapa port and I see Inosson consignments come in.
They are what we call CKD(completely knocked down) goods which are assembled in Nigeria.
This is so because it attracts a low rate of duty.
Inosson imports CKD vehicles and only assembles here.
I can say that as a fact.
Don't get me wrong here.
It is a very good innovation.
I only mentioned this because of the fact manufacturing and assembling was mentioned.
It is cheaper to manufacture in china and asemble here.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by dokunbam(m): 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
good thinking, what of the quality of the product?
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by chexyincx(m): 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
So something good like this come out of my beloved country naija. This is worth celebrating [url][/url]nigerians
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Ikwerefistson: 10:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
akigbemaru: This is not a factory to manufacture cars, this is a warehouse! I have seen it and it does not look anything like car manufacturing plants I have seen before. Nigeria can manufacture cars but we are too gullible to fall for the trick of Oyinbo man. All we have got to do is, stop the importation of cars and consult any foreigner car manufacture, but a franchise and give them our own brand of car with African or Nigerian names, all they have got to support us with is the dashboards for all the cars we are making. That is how is done oversea. If US for instance manufactures BMW, IT DOES not have permission to make the dashboard by itself. We just got to consult the Japanese to build those robots that weld anything iron on cars. From every dashboard the mother car company supply, they have their own percentage and that is to guarantee them how many cars are we producing. This will ease the stress of shipping foreign cars and import duties.
tok na free
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by gramci: 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
texazzpete: Nigerians and sentiments.

No indication if the cars have passed rigorous crash safety tests, if the cars have all the safety features as seen in contemporary vehicles from Toyota et al. No word on reliability.

Yet you want the Government to commit taxpayers funds to buy these vehicles!

There have been posts on Innoson motors and his wonderful achievements since 2010, but NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON HERE HAS BOUGHT ONE WITH HIS OWN MONEY.

Anybody who says anything other than unabashed adoration for this man is labelled a 'hater'. Biko, where are the defenders here who have bought their vehicles from him?

The Danfo you de jump in and out get reliability certification?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imagine If All Dangote Trucks Were Built Like This (Photos And Video) / Luxury Audi R8 Car Worth Over N40million Spotted At Lagos Airport. Photos / The Overloaded Vehicle Seized In Bauchi By FRSC Officials Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.