Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer (55873 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by crackhaus: 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2012
I don't even know what most of you are arguing here, I mean whether its manufacturing or assembly or copy-copy or as one said in big english 'Completely knocked-down Vehicles', as long as the visible name on these buses are Innoson or Inno or IVM, the man has made a very giant step as far as vehicle branding is concerned in sub-saharan Africa.
Someone said his company is not the first to assemble here, ok I agree but which Nigerian was the first to put his own name on the grills? Abi nor be Innoson? Make una let me hear word jor!

3 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by lagcity(m): 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2012
This is some inspiring shxt right here. Going by the comments on this thread, I have the feeling that the message is flying over some NLanders' heads. Stop chatting crap on the internet and go do something with your lives, people.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by PHIPEX(m): 11:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
texazzpete: Nigerians and sentiments.

No indication if the cars have passed rigorous crash safety tests, if the cars have all the safety features as seen in contemporary vehicles from Toyota et al. No word on reliability.

Yet you want the Government to commit taxpayers funds to buy these vehicles!

There have been posts on Innoson motors and his wonderful achievements since 2010, but NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON HERE HAS BOUGHT ONE WITH HIS OWN MONEY.

Anybody who says anything other than unabashed adoration for this man is labelled a 'hater'. Biko, where are the defenders here who have bought their vehicles from him?
I don't know much about the safety checks it has passed and the ones he's yet to pass but the Standard Organisation of Nigeria Uses Innoson vehicles as its official staff bus. If there is any one that should be concerned about safety checks in Nigeria it should be SON but since SON uses it then I will believe it must have passed those checks you are concerned about.

2 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Ikwerefistson: 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2012
LOZENGE: ivm will be the first ride i will buy
i dnt knw y sm pepl in ds forum re so sentemental.inoson built d fist black asembly plant in africa ownd by an african nt europe.nw a dude sayng hes workng atapapa nd saw dm importing dia parts wic he call quack bt 2hs disapointment imo state gov alone bougt 1000pcs of d buses wic is beng provd of standard nd all transport companies hav bougt 2 even my statd gov rotimi amachi did d same nd nobody compliand of d road worthnes of dia vehicles.so its nt out of place 4a vehcle 2be asembld in nija its being done every wer.d body nd tyres nd other compenent parts re producd in nija except d engine so d earlier we start patronizng our products d beter
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by tnktosin(m): 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
Sijo01: Seriously, this man is a blessing to Nigeria....... My office bought a coaster bus from him last year just for a trial. The bus has stand the test of time. We just placed order for 10 high roof IVM buses, 8has been delivered, remaing2. The buses are soo cool and rugged for naija roads.
Just the kind of comment I like to read. Here's someone sharing first hand experience on a product from d Innosson group while some immature nlanders are busy displaying their tribal bias. Thanks for that info @sijo01.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by tplacid: 11:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
I am a Yoruba Boy but I have always known it that Igbos are the most creative and hardworking tribe in Nigeria, yes we Yorubas might have intellect and love for Knowledge but Igbos are naturally gifted when it comes to science. I want a future where Igbos and Yorubas work hand in gloves to build a better Africa. Our folks in the North through ground breaking Agricultural Techniques can feed us till Kingdom comes. God Bless Nigerians and the rest of the world.

11 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by donotbanme1: 11:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
a1solution: I love this guy because the business of life and living is for serious minded people only. Its either you become rich or die trying dat is the only two options I give to people.

Right mehn.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by donotbanme1: 11:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
ebusko43: God bless Chukwuma.......am on my way to found my own Group of companies......

Very sensible talk while the haters keep hating and die in poverty.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by akintun: 11:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
dnt mind d yoruba fool.dy wil never see anytn gud in d ibos due 2 jelousy.hav said it tyme yorubas re no match 4d ibos.d ibos remain d pride of nija d engine house of nijas technology while d yorubas re busy producng biscuits swet,indomie nd life threatng ogogoro yet dy hav d guts to tok thrash b4 a tribe dat gave dm pride useles mad cow.

You have shown dat u are not fit and matured enough to comment on national/ economic issues. I don't understand why u have to abuse people who give an opinion on issues. Do u actually know hw large organizations are analyzed. Hw can dis company be a medium size company if people like u put tribal sentiment above common sense.

2 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by sarutobie(m): 11:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
tplacid: I am a Yoruba Boy but I have always known it that Igbos are the most creative and hardworking tribe in Nigeria, yes we Yorubas might have intellect and love for Knowledge but Igbos are naturally gifted when it comes to science. I want a future where Igbos and Yorubas work hand in gloves to build a better Africa. Our folks in the North through ground breaking Agricultural Techniques can feed us till Kingdom comes. God Bless Nigerians and the rest of the world.
God bless you..

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by donotbanme1: 11:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
Fhemmmy:

First question is how come the govt is not patronizing the Brother?

Govt is patronizing him in the mass transit sector. Private commuters/transporters are also patronizing him. Govt should start patronizing his trucks for police and other armed forces.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by bamosagie(m): 11:48pm On Nov 21, 2012
blink182: If Mr. President is person that wants development, he will make these cars his official car and make all mda's use the cars. Increased demand will result in innoson employing more people and providing employmejnt.

I can see you dont mean well for mr president, maybe you really want to make patience a widow.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 22, 2012

No indication if the cars have passed rigorous crash safety tests, if the cars have all the safety features as seen in contemporary vehicles from Toyota et al. No word on reliability.

There have been posts on Innoson motors and his wonderful achievements since 2010, but NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON HERE HAS BOUGHT ONE WITH HIS OWN MONEY.

Anybody who says anything other than unabashed adoration for this man is labelled a 'hater'. Biko, where are the defenders here who have bought their vehicles from him?

Why not buy one and hit trailer so you would be satisfied of the 'crash test'. Smh for ppl. I see these buses ver often on the road. I did not know they already have small buses until 2months ago on my way to Calabar. When I noticed the bus right in front has IVM on it. Though the shape was no different from the regular Toyota Hiace buses. Enugu govt have been using their buses for years now and it is still in a very good condition. I boarded it twice last year and I was very impressed. I also noticed that the waste bin truck they have been using in Cross-river has the logo on it. These are my personal observation and not a prove of any 'crash tests'.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by sambos994(m): 12:35am On Nov 22, 2012
......and another one for Nigeria
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by mrperfect(m): 1:09am On Nov 22, 2012
This is awesome.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by InvertedHammer: 1:11am On Nov 22, 2012
akigbemaru: This is not a factory to manufacture cars, this is a warehouse! I have seen it and it does not look anything like car manufacturing plants I have seen before. Nigeria can manufacture cars but we are too gullible to fall for the trick of Oyinbo man. All we have got to do is, stop the importation of cars and consult any foreigner car manufacture, but a franchise and give them our own brand of car with African or Nigerian names, all they have got to support us with is the dashboards for all the cars we are making. That is how is done oversea. If US for instance manufactures BMW, IT DOES not have permission to make the dashboard by itself. We just got to consult the Japanese to build those robots that weld anything iron on cars. From every dashboard the mother car company supply, they have their own percentage and that is to guarantee them how many cars are we producing. This will ease the stress of shipping foreign cars and import duties.

THIS IS A PURE HATER MOVE!!!
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by InvertedHammer: 1:13am On Nov 22, 2012
ypzilanti: I cant even imagine that someone would playa hate on this guy. A street smart guy that has worked hard to build his business, transfer technology, and employ people. If someone curses you that you will never succeed in life now, you will say why go to such extreme.

Why do you think the word "HATE" was invented in the first place? For sore losers for sure!
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 22, 2012
Nice one!
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 22, 2012
lankspex: Is he actually manufacturing the vehicles or just assembling them?

Technical teams have been sent to the INNOSON factory and have confirmed that what goes on there meets all the internationally required operational standards for designating it a vehicle manufacturing plant. Over 70% of the items used in vehicle production are sourced and produced locally.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 22, 2012
Sijo01: Seriously, this man is a blessing to Nigeria....... My office bought a coaster bus from him last year just for a trial. The bus has stand the test of time. We just placed order for 10 high roof IVM buses, 8has been delivered, remaing2. The buses are soo cool and rugged for naija roads.

Great stuff.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 22, 2012
veraponpo: This is good but the caption is misleading. Before Innoson, Nigeria has Peugeot Nigeria Ltd in Kaduna since 1970's and has been assembling cars for Nigerians and govts. But it is a laudable idea. Kudos.

Those companies were foreign-run, and engaged in vehicle assembly.

INNOSON is an indigenously owned vehicle manufacturing plant.
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 2:26am On Nov 22, 2012

Ghanaians Come Calling

http://www.acertop.info/innosons-auto-plant/

Following the visit of a Ghanaian government delegation to Nnewi and Enugu, IGNATIUS CHUKWU and REGIS ANUKWUOJI write that other West African nations are now jostling to do business with INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) outfit, where different grades of vehicles are now being manufactured.

By mid-day Saturday, July 24, 2010, a seven-man delegation from Ghana touched down at the Sam Mbakwe Airport in Owerri, Imo State, and began the short trip into the eastern hinterland. The delegation led by the country’s deputy transport minister, Dzifa Ahivor, was in search for a spot buried in a village, Uru-Umudim, a part of Nnewi, the Japan of Nigeria, in Anambra State.

After the smooth Onitsha expressway, the team covered by squads of heavily-armed mobile policemen, meandered through the pothole-infested roads that form a horrible image of an industrial city. After a shot spell on an earth road, the team spilled out in the womb of an expansive factory complex that houses the INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) outfit, where different grades of vehicles are now being manufactured. The team said they had heard much about the manufacturing wonders taking place at Nnewi and Emene (Enugu State) but that they needed to be sure that such a feat was actually being executed in any Black soil.

Innocent Chukwuma, the executive chairman and CEO of INNOSON Group, is not a man of protocol, and he wasted no time in taking Ahivor and her team straight to the numerous manufacturing plants housed in large domes that look like four warehouses in the Wharf put together.

What they saw: The team looked in awe at seven different moulds in one factory line alone for moulding different sides of a vehicle; example, the one for the chassis section of a bus; the top, the side. These moulds can be found in each production line; mini bus, 14-seater bus, Jeep, pick-up van, etc. An engineer, Andrew Dipal from Borno State, who has become a regular figure in the factory at Nnewi, and who interprets for the Chinese working with Nigerians in the place, seemed to amaze the visitors with details of how a vehicle is manufactured.

This is done in several imposing factory halls (warehouses) with sophisticated machines and precision welding points used to bore any type of hole in any part of a vehicle. Chukwuma told his guests that only 40 per cent of the parts (including engines and axle from Toyota) were imported while 60 per cent is sourced locally. He said INNOSON was working to steadily reduce foreign input in the making of vehicles in IVM, but was quick to remind everyone that no one factory manufactures all parts of a vehicle or automotives.

The CEO made it clear that Nnewi as a whole is now versed in auto parts production, and that several local outfits produce and supply to IVM. “That is what we mean by ‘local content’, not that Innoson would manufacture all the parts, but we mean that we can source from other manufacturers locally here at Nnewi. But already, most of the plastic components now are being made by us and we are sourcing some, like Auto Battery from Union-Auto Battery from Ibeto factory while the seats are made by Crestmade Industry. So many items can be made locally. But we must import the Engine and axle; they are the major things we import.”

The Ghanaian team saw many Nigerians, especially ladies, fixing and fitting several items in the process of vehicle manufacture. The team went from the finished section near the gates where vehicles looked brilliant and bright, not tested. From there, they went to bus section and saw the moulds. The magic of putting one part after the other seemed to transfix the visitors. From small buses to mini-buses that are fast becoming a delight on Nigerian roads. The Jeep section captured the probing attention of the visitors who saw every single detail in process.

Dipal said another delicate section is the anti-rust section where the body is put through a dark temperature-regulated womb for “anti-rust treatment”. After this, it is the painting section and then the huge dryer. In doing all this, quality is of utmost concern, said the chairman, all Innoson’s products compete with products imported from overseas because of the technical partners they are working with. Products from Innoson sell in other parts of Africa with ease, he declared.

MANUFACTURING OR ASSEMBLY?

One man watched all through with rapt attention. David Obi is also an auto-parts maker in Nigeria, member of the governing council of the National Automotive Council, president of the Nigerian-German Business Association, and chairman, Motor Vehicles Assembly of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN). He told the delegation that something great he found had convinced him that IVM Nigeria was not assembling, but manufacturing cars.

[b]Obi pointed at the Direct Digital Control or Data Display Control (DDC) section of the factory, saying it marks out a factory from a mere car assembly. “Anywhere DDC is installed is a car factory, not car assembly”. He said this was because the international requirement was for any vehicle to be DDC-compliant, and once this can be ascertained in your complex, you are into manufacturing and you can enter any market in the world.

............................................................[img]http://3.bp..com/_VfdGlmUwjFQ/TP6cnC5gStI/AAAAAAAAGkA/D9SqjBjZ-RE/s1600/innoson.jpeg[/img]

Direct digital control (DDC) is the automated control of a condition or process by a digital device (computer). Central controllers and most terminal unit controllers are programmable, meaning the direct digital control programme code may be customized for the intended use. The programme features include time schedules, setpoints, controllers, logic, timers, trend logs, and alarms. The unit controllers typically have analog and digital inputs that allow measurement of the variable (temperature, humidity, or pressure) and analog and digital outputs for control of the medium (hot/cold water and/or steam).

Digital inputs are typically (dry) contacts from a control device, and analog inputs are typically a voltage or current measurement from a variable (temperature, humidity, velocity, or pressure) sensing device. Digital outputs are typically relay contacts used to start and stop equipment, and analog outputs are typically voltage or current signals to control the movement of the medium (air/water/steam) control devices. This seemed to please the ears of the Ghana delegation.[/b]

At Emene in Enugu State, the team took several hours to tour through the endless manufacturing complex that has over 150 plastic production lines making all things from ceiling boards to plates. A journey through what used to be Eastern Plastics, now Innoson Plastics in Emene Industrial Layout in the outskirts of Enugu, is just like a tour of the industrial city of Shanghai, China. The team walked through more than 12 large factory halls where plates of all sizes and designs are produced through 140 minting machines. A youth (male or female) mounts on each machine, pours a bag of mixed raw materials (chemicals) above the machine and puts a hand below to pick the plates. The plates are moved to a section that trims and smoothen them and later, packaging takes place, ready for customers or dealers (for wedding, burials, birthdays, etc) that ordered them.

The tours of the plastics plants often begins from the injection section where products made from Indorama Eleme petrochemicals roll out into Innoson Dream Chair brands of all kinds, Dream Chair brands, tanks (Jee Pee), drums, building materials, plumbing materials (DPC), hoses, pipes, toilet covers, etc, were also seen. The team also moved to the new tyre factory which would soon be commissioned by the federal government.

Chukwuma is already a member of the federal government’s advisory council on manufacturing, and he has won many national awards including Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON) by the late president, Umaru Musa Yaradua on the 22nd of December, 2008.

The deputy minister came with a competent technical team and other political top-shots that would help smoothen things. They include Muta Idrissu (office of the president); Nicodemus Gabe; Richardson Jonah; Dawood Muhammed (Project Coordinator, WTF Formwork Technologies); Ellis Hugh Tamakloe; Ahmed Tahiru; Kudoto Kobla (Journalist). They were accompanied by Tony Ulasi, Innoson Group’s representative in the West African sub-region.

Ahivor said; “I am planning to talk to the chairman (of Innoson). I have land available if he is interested he should come. Ghana has a very good business friendly atmosphere. He can operate on free zone basis, and with that he is free to export 70 per cent of whatever is manufactured there to any other country. There are many attractive things if you are coming to invest in Ghana. I want to appeal to the chairman of Innoson Group to set up a plant in Ghana and he will have huge return on investment”.

She went on: “We were speaking yesterday with the chairman, telling him we want to take some of the items manufactured here to introduce in our (Ghanaian) market and we believe it will be acceptable and that will be the first step. I will get briefing from my technical crew because they know the details. They have to advise me on the conditions, but we are interested, once it meets our specifications.” The NDC vice chairman added political weight to the desires of the government delegation: “We are very impressed about it and we must be seen to be doing a lot of trade between the two West African countries. I inspected some the vehicles and could not find any difference between it and those imported from China. At the end of the day if we buy from our sister countries the money would actually stay within the continent and that would help us build the trade gap between Nigeria and Ghana.

We will inform the government back home and let them know about this particular company. We are going to have a meeting with the management at the end of the day. We will put up a drawing map towards securing some of the busses from Nigeria to Ghana.”

In fact, Ghana has concluded plans to make the Innoson buses the backbone of their mass transit scheme, according to the deputy minister. The Innoson CEO, on his own, said he would consider the offer from Ghana but he must first consolidate on the production lines at Nnewi and satisfy the local market.

2 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Ayowumie(m): 2:30am On Nov 22, 2012
esere826: @OP

Excellent post. I really dont care whether its assembly or manufacturing. For now, -Great
The next step:.................................

We (the Nigerian government) force the innoson vehicles to be bought for the ECOWAS military mission to Mali
After that, we (the Nigerian governmenet) force/push the Innoson vehicles to be bought by the Malian government as their regular official cars

(make them test am well well there).

Now, that is the way to think and act like a true global power player
(That is what Europe also did with us)
you can take it to the bank
I absolutely agree with you. The next thing, we persuade Ghanian and Chadian governments to patronise Innoson by providing trade credit. It would be difficult to bring in Benin Republic because the country gets direct supply of fairly used cars from Europe but then the country is a land-locked nation, Nigerian government can provide some incentive such as training Benin republic's custom and immigration agencies. The whole thing can be worked out.
But then, before all these work, Nigerian governments (Federal, State and Local) must be forced to patronise IVM. This is how it is done in developed countries. United States govt patronise General Motors to the 'core'.

2 Likes

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 2:32am On Nov 22, 2012
Buy Nigeria: Lawmakers approve INNOSON vehicles for official use

BY TOMMY ANADUAKA

THE House of Representatives Committee on Local Content has approved the use of INNOSON vehicles for its official activities. The approval was endorsed by the lawmakers after visiting the motor plant at Nnewi, Anambra State.

Chairman of the House Committee on Local Content, Mr Asita, said they came to verify the level of local input in INNOSON vehicles as part of their official responsibilities. He said that they were happy to discover that more than half of the auto components were locally produced and urged Nigerians to patronise the company.

“The INNOSON Motor Plant at Nnewi is a huge honour to Nigeria. What is going on at Nnewi is an amazing feat which needs to be encouraged. This is not an assembly plant, but a full production site where Nigerian auto engineers are exhibiting their skills. We saw them and felt extremely impressed that such marvellous feat is existing in the country.”

He, therefore, stated that the committee would support INNOSON by using its buses in carrying out official activities.

“The high standard of INNOSON vehicles has made us to endorse it for our jobs. We have resolved to make it an official vehicle for the National Assembly.”

The Chairman also praised the vision of the company chairman Chief, Dr. Innocent Chukwuma, saying that his ingenuity has added value to the manufacturing sector.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/buy-nigeria-law-makers-approve-innoson-vehicles-for-official-use/

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 2:50am On Nov 22, 2012
tplacid: I am a Yoruba Boy but I have always known it that Igbos are the most creative and hardworking tribe in Nigeria, yes we Yorubas might have intellect and love for Knowledge but Igbos are naturally gifted when it comes to science. I want a future where Igbos and Yorubas work hand in gloves to build a better Africa. Our folks in the North through ground breaking Agricultural Techniques can feed us till Kingdom comes. God Bless Nigerians and the rest of the world.

I love your spirit.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by Nobody: 3:05am On Nov 22, 2012

Very shameless comment.

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by akigbemaru: 3:18am On Nov 22, 2012
InvertedHammer:

THIS IS A PURE HATER MOVE!!!

No sir!!!!! You failed again! This is from person who has seen it all and who thinks with his head, Innoson is nothing but a glorified warehouse!
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by ak47mann(m): 3:49am On Nov 22, 2012
cool cool
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by ak47mann(m): 3:53am On Nov 22, 2012
Zeus I: Why do poor people have this ill-conduct of condemning what is, yet, proffering nothing concrete to serve a physical challenge to such. Young man, have you any warehouse for storage? Let-alone the one to spill automobil. Bad bele.
grin grin I LAUGH HIT WALL..WE THANK LORD FOR HIS MANIFESTATION THROUGH INNOSON TO MAKE NIGERIA PROUD cool
Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by ak47mann(m): 4:09am On Nov 22, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Technical teams have been sent to the INNOSON factory and have confirmed that what goes on there meets all the internationally required operational standards for designating it a vehicle manufacturing plant. Over 70% of the items used in vehicle production are sourced and produced locally.
GBAM,ibeto group supply acid water for the batteries and the batteries as well,chikason supply fan belt and head lamps,this is the ones am sure of their are other companies that supply different component to innoson group... cool

1 Like

Re: INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer by manny4life(m): 4:32am On Nov 22, 2012
leftone: Akingbemaru might be right.
I work at the apapa port and I see Inosson consignments come in.
They are what we call CKD(completely knocked down) goods which are assembled in Nigeria.
This is so because it attracts a low rate of duty.
Inosson imports CKD vehicles and only assembles here.
I can say that as a fact.
Don't get me wrong here.
It is a very good innovation.
I only mentioned this because of the fact manufacturing and assembling was mentioned.
It is cheaper to manufacture in china and asemble here.

Why do u have to lie na? Haba

Let me guess, you're the customs officer who opens the consignment, and inspects it abi?
From the pics on this page, as you can see the shell of the bus is soaked into the white liquid paint (i remember on one channel they said it was electrolyte to prevent rust), if it was knocked down, that pre- treatment process won't be needed would it?

I mean it will make sense if he imports the steel shell used, and probably engines, but that's about it. The other stuff like tires and wheels, lighting, wiring, upholstery, nuts, bolts, steering wheel, battery, etc are locally sourced.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imagine If All Dangote Trucks Were Built Like This (Photos And Video) / Luxury Audi R8 Car Worth Over N40million Spotted At Lagos Airport. Photos / The Overloaded Vehicle Seized In Bauchi By FRSC Officials Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.