Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope (13007 Views)

Jesus Was Not Even A Christian / Jesus Was Not Sent To Save The Whole World - Bible / This Is The HOUSE TB Joshua Was Born In... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
oluMyderz: JESUS CHRIST: The most misunderstading personalty in the world. ALHAMDULILAH... AM A MUSLIM!
Misunderstood,u meant to say?
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by chakula: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
I don't surprise at all Pope knows better than all of you so that there is need of amendment on the Christians calendar pope should take care of this new progress by appointing of truth worthy clerics around him to amend it.

However people like Oladgegbu and Frosbel should be exempted because their integrity upon the creed was in question
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by gillz(m): 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
What the pope said never changed anytin in d bible so why the noise. Using dates n events of pagans for christian celebration those nt translate to mean worshipping of pagan gods. If u like frm today stop partaking of all christian celebrations since the dates are from the pagans @least that will make u haters holier than the pope. Una pastors use una money dey buy private jets una no fit cough abi e dey for bible too mumu
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
weda the xtian calender is wrong or not...the fact remains dat Jesus came to the earth to atone for our sins......shikena

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by bigmaut: 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
This is preposterous!
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by obixcel(m): 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2012
DANILSA: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES HAS BEEN VINDICATED, JESUS WAS NEVER BORN ON 25TH DECEMBER THEY ALWAYS SEE BEFORE OTHERS, I MEAN THE FAITHFUL CLASS. smiley
Wether they claim to see before others, It doesn't hide the fact dat the Jehovah's Witnesses have be guilty of making several false prophecies in the past which brands dem as False Prophets.
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Winneygirl(f): 1:28am On Nov 23, 2012
Ignorance!!!
Right from time, the catholic church had said Christ was not born on 25th dec. Highlighted the pagan celebratn dat took place on that day, converted pagans, and every1 celebrated Christ on 25th in place of the pagan gods.
What is said here is not new. I dnt knw Y ther's so much argument.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by mko2005: 9:05am On Nov 23, 2012
Ezy~p:

dude nobody is bowing down to any image( u cant watch from outside and judge)
pls stop the beef and let the Catholics practice their faith
That's why i said we shouldn't hate,curse abuse anyone for any reason ! Some of us were busy accusing Adeboye,Oyedepo and the rest of them and the church of God some 3-4 days back yet you are of the Roman catholic faith,pagan,traditional belief worshipers,idol worshipers, Muslims or ignorant christian.And now see the Oyedepo,Adeboye church members,muslims,atheists and other traditional devilish belief worshipers abusing the Roman catholic faith !
Where will all these take us to ? The devil is happy again ! The Creators of Naira land site are happy ! The most important thing should be,study the word of God,meditate,practice and you see for sure what the holy spirit is doing !
Stop hating,cursing,abusing for it is not the ways of a TRUE CHRISTIAN !
God bless us
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by IdiAmin2(m): 10:15am On Nov 23, 2012
Can't wait for the day 'the church' will declare that jesus is a ficticious character and never existed. That will be the day !!!!!!!!! Can't wait grin The pope already knows that he never existed, but they need the masses' faith in the ficticious character to hold their high position over the masses. Someone needs to break into that underground high security library at the Vatican and publish all those secret documents, WOW, that will the day religion will come crashing down. But I still trust my 9ja people sha, they will still hold on to it, even if pope says it all man-made
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 23, 2012
ghettodreamz:

Which equally leads to ETERNAL DESTRUCTIONS & DOOM. There's still grace for you/everyone else in Christ Jesus today, tomorrow might be too late.
You must be blind to not have noticed the declination in conversion to christianity. Islam seems to be the ultimate choice for religion converts because xtianity is so fake and full of error
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by otipoju(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2012
seriallink:

Christian worship styles are all over the NT! Paul and other early Christians wrote letters to new Christian converts, giving them guildlines on how to worship God in spirit and truth! They never used any borrowed pagan styles of worship to teach! The standard I'm talking about is in the Bible, anything borrowed from pagan tradition to please some pagan converts is wrong! That was my point.

I'm not trying to silent any Catholic; the article is about the Pope's views on borrowed pagan traditions. So, lets stick to the topic!
Bros!!!there was an incident in the NT where apostle Paul took advantage of the pagans dedication of an altar to the UNKNOWN GOD to preach the good news, telling them that UNKNOWN GOD they worshipped is Jehovah. This incident may dilute your argument small ooo. IMHO none of these things are cast in stone so we need to look at them wholistically to get a balanced view and not behave like the ten blind men describing an elephant from each describing the sensation he felt from touching one part of its body. Halleluyah ooo!
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by otipoju(m): 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
Idi-Amin:
Can't wait for the day 'the church' will declare that jesus is a ficticious character and never existed. That will be the day !!!!!!!!! Can't wait grin The pope already knows that he never existed, but they need the masses' faith in the ficticious character to hold their high position over the masses. Someone needs to break into that underground high security library at the Vatican and publish all those secret documents, WOW, that will the day religion will come crashing down. But I still trust my 9ja people sha, they Will still hold on to it, even if pope says it all man-made

Waiting for proof that the man Jesus is a fictitious character,a figment of someone's imagination is an exercise because it won't happen." Fictional" ? That's a bit outlandish ooo. Don't forget that the aim of the gospel writers was not to present a chronological account of Jesus life,(whom they met as adults anyway) but to present the good news of salvation as they felt directed by God's Spirit. Something drastic must have happened to make a bunch of timid deserters and very confused ordinary men and women who had run for cover for days on end leave their hiding place to face their persucutors, preach bravely and die fearlessly smiling and praying to God to absolve them of guilt. It is that life changing experience with the Holy Spirit thatis the attraction and unique selling point for christianity all these centuries. Halleluyah ooo.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by otipoju(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
Once upon a time I used to vacillate between outright atheism to being an agnostic until I had an epiphany and all my doubts were erased !!! God is a spirit on a higher vibration than mortals. We can't see the signals sent to our radios,phones and televisions but the antaennas on these devices pick them up and process the signals for us to see or hear. God is a spirit and can only be worshipped via his spirit in us. That's why he says these people worship me with their mouths but their hearts are far from me! May Jehovah help us all Idi- amin.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2012
seriallink:

Whether Pope talk am or not, na so e be! Ur own arguement, even in a billion yrs with solid evidences you no dey gree! So, forget!
which solid arguement? U claim say pope talk, provide proof, abi u no fit?
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2012
seriallink:

I'm not a guillible churchgoer like you! grin I follow Christ, that's it!
christ wey i knw establish a church and santified it with his blood, "ya are cephas, upon this rock i will build my ecclesia"!
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 7:34pm On Nov 23, 2012
seriallink:

Oh okay, you didn't see the part that he debunked other pagan practices right?

I'm still convinced you are not being honest with your sexùal orientation. Just admit that you are gay grin

You do know what Leviticus 20:13 says about gays right? I think that law should be applied to you! Must you call a man, a woman to make your point clear?

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.
so animals is a pagan tradition? Provide proof my dear!
Beside na dem say dem say na u dey, did u read d book?
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
chakula: I don't surprise at all Pope knows better than all of you so that there is need of amendment on the Christians calendar pope should take care of this new progress by appointing of truth worthy clerics around him to amend it.

However people like Oladgegbu and Frosbel should be exempted because their integrity upon the creed was in question
there is nting wrong with d calender, if any alterations atall, it will be to call this year 2010AD, that is clearly not posible, d last time a pope did that it was pope greg and he shifted the calender by 15 days. That won't be necessary!
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2012
Winneygirl: Ignorance!!!
Right from time, the catholic church had said Christ was not born on 25th dec. Highlighted the pagan celebratn dat took place on that day, converted pagans, and every1 celebrated Christ on 25th in place of the pagan gods.
What is said here is not new. I dnt knw Y ther's so much argument.
d catholic church never said this either!
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2012
Idi-Amin:
Can't wait for the day 'the church' will declare that jesus is a ficticious character and never existed. That will be the day !!!!!!!!! Can't wait grin The pope already knows that he never existed, but they need the masses' faith in the ficticious character to hold their high position over the masses. Someone needs to break into that underground high security library at the Vatican and publish all those secret documents, WOW, that will the day religion will come crashing down. But I still trust my 9ja people sha, they will still hold on to it, even if pope says it all man-made
it seems u are after d popes personal letters thru d century!
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by advocate666: 8:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
^^^^
Ubenedictus: B4 i comment futher i would go get a copy of d book and read.

So, have you read the book?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
advocate666: ^^^^

So, have you read the book?
a silly question! U saw sum1 at home at 6pm and u are asking "are u back from work?"
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by OsunOriginal: 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Osahon7: weda the xtian calender is wrong or not...the fact remains dat Jesus came to the earth to atone for our sins......shikena

You are so sure or just comforting yourself?
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Gma2012: 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
The pope is surely right but I think the Vatican has more truth and discoveries in their vaults more than they are willing to reveal. That is just a grain out of a bag of salt of covered truth about Christianity.
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Peterpan1(m): 10:56pm On Nov 24, 2012
seriallink:

Happy for the confusion in the body of Christ? You ain't winning brah! Smh! Your master lost the war a long time ago grin
now listen, romans 8: for there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, you this so called advocate don't you know that you and your co horts have been condenmed right from the foundation of the world, so when God's children are discussing SHUT UP, DATS INCLUDES YOUR COHORTS
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Gma2012: 12:11am On Nov 25, 2012
otipoju:
Waiting for proof that the man Jesus is a fictitious character,a figment of someone's imagination is an exercise because it won't happen." Fictional" ? That's a bit outlandish ooo. Don't forget that the aim of the gospel writers was not to present a chronological account of Jesus life,(whom they met as adults anyway) but to present the good news of salvation as they felt directed by God's Spirit. Something drastic must have happened to make a bunch of timid deserters and very confused ordinary men and women who had run for cover for days on end leave their hiding place to face their persucutors, preach bravely and die fearlessly smiling and praying to God to absolve them of guilt. It is that life changing experience with the Holy Spirit thatis the attraction and unique selling point for christianity all these centuries. Halleluyah ooo.
Now I think people are just getting unnecessarily worked up. It is a historical fact that jesus(PBUH) once sojourned in this world and did what the 'Father' sent him to do. The issue the pope raised in his book is about doing away with embellishment which if the pope and those who know a lot about Christianity try and summon courage to remove from present Christian creed would render it purer than what is currently practiced the world over. We only have just this our live/existence if we don't get it right then we are doomed. Salvation shouldn't be issue of 'I belief' alone which sometimes is a program fashioned by our so called leaders to program us to believe some certain things and discriminate against certain things. We should remember that even when Jesus was in the world he still encourage the people to seek the truth and it shall set them free.
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by nairabacks(f): 2:23am On Nov 25, 2012
And he [Antichrist] shall speak great words against
the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the
most High, and think to change times ..." Daniel 7:25
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Ubenedictus(m): 11:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
nairabacks: And he [Antichrist] shall speak great words against
the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the
most High, and think to change times ..." Daniel 7:25
and y is dis verse here? Wu is speaking "great word against the most high"?
Re: Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope by Peeclems: 4:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
What is really hard here to understand. That b4 d comin of the church pagan had their ways of worship n different festivals to mark them. So when the church came their converts were still attracted to some of those functions. So the church decided to hav one thing or the other to do that same day so that the xtian convert will also b engage. So that was how the pagan festival celebration match with xtians celebrations.
2. Jesus himself said though if u do not belief me let my work that i do make u to believe. We the xtians are not new to all this critism so dnt borther ursef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Olodumare And "god/allah" The Same Entity/concept/word? / Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. / Lack Of Patience Is What Pushes People To Make Money Illegally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.