Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,078 members, 7,828,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun (13712 Views)

Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) / Daddy Touches Me, Puts His Manhood In My Mouth, Gives Me Money- 7yr Old(photo) / BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS: How You May Lose Of All The Money In Your Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun by henryiv: 7:37am On Nov 25, 2012
The cutting off a rapist manhood of course if one should look at,it is possible to buy it,bt that could lead to victimization of man.Live imprisonment is okay.
Re: Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun by chiefbatiatus(m): 8:43am On Nov 25, 2012
1forall: When such a barbaric law is proposed by govt itself, isn't that giving credibility to a rating like - Nigeria is the world's worst country to be born in 2013?

Am sure its less babaric to rape a woman isn't it? Even a 4yr old? So am sure you want to copy the west where a rapist eventually works free. I hope you are not one?
Re: Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun by yomiyatty: 9:26am On Nov 25, 2012
This is so crude and barbaric! Smh for naija!
Re: Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 25, 2012
Cut off manhood?

That too much
Re: Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun by Adesiji77: 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
fluffybaby: By the way if them remove your blokos you come use hand or finger, ehhhn dem go chop am off. If you come say na rape water dem take baf you after them bOrn you, you come use tongue then off with your tongue. If you no still learn come talk say dem use rape swear for you, then use your leg, off with am tOo. If life come tire you you use your whole head, then bye bye.

This got me laughing hysterically... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2012
yomiyatty: This is so crude and barbaric! Smh for naija!

Locking someone up in a prison like animals can also be termed as crude and barbaric. My friend, the white man is not superior to you. Stop taking all what he says as the norm.
Re: Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun by healthlife(m): 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
Adesiji77: The Osun State government has sent a bill to the House of Assembly, seeking stiffer penalties for rapists, including the cutting off of the penis.

Mrs. Mofolake Adegboyega, Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Welfare, told newsmen yesterday in Osogbo that the bill recommended among other penalties, the cutting off of the “third leg.’’

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) quoted the commissioner as saying that the “Violence Against Women and Children Bill,’’ was aimed at reducing the cases of rape in the state.

The commissioner, who expressed sadness at the increasing trend, especially, that of minors, said the state government was working out possible solutions.

According to her, one of the ways of curbing the problem is the bill, which has been sent to the House of Assembly.
She said the bill would spell out details of punishment for culprits within the confines of the law.

Adegboyega cited Saudi Arabia, where legs and even heads of culprits are cut off for serious offences, stressing that it would not be too much to cut off the manhood of a rapist.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/40905/2012/11/24/rapists_may_lose_manhood_osun.html

I agree that there needs to be stiffer measures but I think we should try to focus more on preventive measures.
Re: Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun by healthlife(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
Adesiji77: The Osun State government has sent a bill to the House of Assembly, seeking stiffer penalties for rapists, including the cutting off of the penis.

Mrs. Mofolake Adegboyega, Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Welfare, told newsmen yesterday in Osogbo that the bill recommended among other penalties, the cutting off of the “third leg.’’

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) quoted the commissioner as saying that the “Violence Against Women and Children Bill,’’ was aimed at reducing the cases of rape in the state.

The commissioner, who expressed sadness at the increasing trend, especially, that of minors, said the state government was working out possible solutions.

According to her, one of the ways of curbing the problem is the bill, which has been sent to the House of Assembly.
She said the bill would spell out details of punishment for culprits within the confines of the law.

Adegboyega cited Saudi Arabia, where legs and even heads of culprits are cut off for serious offences, stressing that it would not be too much to cut off the manhood of a rapist.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/40905/2012/11/24/rapists_may_lose_manhood_osun.html

For those who think this is barbaric, you think the Chinese or Singaporeans would care about that?
Re: Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 26, 2012
Nigerians and over sabi. Hear them scream it is crude and barbaric. For your information all you eye service warlords, the British do not just jail paedophiles, they castrate them. Shebi you like copying the western world in everything.. See link, hopeless Nigerians

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9139845/Paedophiles-chemically-castrated-in-British-jail.html
Re: Rapists May Lose Manhood In Osun by Adesiji77: 10:13am On Nov 26, 2012
Hi All, see a response from Osun State Govt officials below...which one should we believe? Or is it the fault of our journalists?

http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-denies-planning-to-castrate-rapists/

Osun denies planning to castrate rapists

November 26, 2012 by Tunde Odesola, Osogbo 22 Comments

Two principal officers of Osun State House of Assembly, Messrs Ipoola Binuyo, and Akin Taiwo, have said there is no bill before the legislature recommending castration for rapists.

Mr. Goke Butikakuro, the Press Secretary to the Speaker, Mr. Najeem Salaam, said in a telephone on Sunday, “I have spoken with Mr. Ipoola Binuyo, who is the Chief Whip of the House; and the Assistant Chief Whip, Mr. Akin Taiwo. They said there’s no such bill on rape before the House or the recommendation of castration as penalty for rape.”

While Ipoola represents Ife-North Constituency, Taiwo represents Ayedaade Constituency.

Meanwhile, the state Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Welfare, Mrs. Adetoun Adegboyega, has denied advocating castration for rapists.

Speaking with our correspondent in a telephone interview on Sunday evening, Adegboyega said she “only jokingly” said do men want to be castrated before they would stop raping children and women?’

She said, “It was all a joke which some people have decided to sensationalise. I was just answering a question on rape at the ministerial news conference held at Government Secretariat, Abere, on Friday, when I jokingly asked if rapists want their ‘third leg’ to be caught off before they stop their inhuman act?”

Adegboyega said the bill on rape before the Osun House of Assembly had reached the second reading, adding that the state government would use all legal means to protect children, women and the vulnerable from being sexually abused.

Right activists, Amitolu Shittu, Wahid Lawal, Abiodun Agboola, Rufus Oyatoro, in separate telephone interviews with our correspondent on Sunday spoke against rape.

But they also said Osun could not afford to castrate rapists without adequate legislative backing.

Lawal said, “Osun is too sophisticated to engage in extra judicial actions against even the offenders. I want to believe that there is a misconception on the rape issue.”

Agboola said, “No, that cannot happen in Osun. The government and people of Osun are too enlightened to allow that to happen. We cannot go back to the dark ages.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

To Report A Case Of Police Harassment, See The Available Channels / Ifeanyi Adeleke, Davido’s Son Drowned And Dead (photos) / Video Of Nigerian Lady Stripped And Beaten To Coma In Ghana For Stealing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.