Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,965 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa (48146 Views)

Looking For Nigerians Living In Bellville Cape Town South Africa / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / Cape Town Gallery: Pictures of Cape Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Abagworo(m): 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
More of new

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by sweetcheecks(f): 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
@ MODS,

WHY HIDE MY POST? I DID NOT HAVE ANY VALGUR LANGUAGE IN MY RESPONSE TO PLAYMODE. HIS POST OS NOT HIDDEN BUT HE USED WORDS LIKE PUN*NY ETC INSULTING ME.

@ SEUN,
IF NON NIGERIANS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FREELY EXPRESS THEMSELVES PLEASE LET US KNOW. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT EVERYTIME WE RESPOND WITH TRUTH WE GET BANNED AND POST ARE HIDDEN? PLEASE UNHIDE MY POST.

THEN YOU PEOPLE TALK ABOUT BEING TREATED UNFAIRLY? HE STARTED SO ARE YOU PROMOTING YOUR NAIGERIAN GUYS TO ATTACK PEOPLE WHEN ONE RESPONSE YOU HIDE THE RESPONSE BECOUSE IT SHOWS YOU BADLY?

SIES MAAN!!!
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by morpheus24: 4:34pm On Nov 28, 2012
^^^

At least you didn't call us "Foreigners" aka Kwerekweres
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by sweetcheecks(f): 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2012
morpheus24: ^^^

At least you didn't call us "Foreigners" aka Kwerekweres
w

Why should I? I am not that petty. But I am glad this happened though, you see now I have a bone of contention. grin grin grin

Mmmhhhmm... undecided
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by blitz8701(m): 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2012
all4naija:
It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. You can check Forbes!

Link:http://www.forbes.com/2010/01/22/paris-london-travel-lifestyle-travel-tourism-new-york-top-ten-cities.html

Still, I am not visiting that country soon for some security reasons!

U know I always laugh my head off when Nigeria say they would like to go to south africa, but they can't because of security reasons hahahahaha....are you kidding me? With all your religious violence mambo jumbo. Boko haram and kidnappings come on people. South africa has criminals I agree with that but Nigeria has terrorists, so tell me which one is worse?
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
blitz8701:

U know I always laugh my head off when Nigeria say they would like to go to south africa, but they can't because of security reasons hahahahaha....are you kidding me? With all your religious violence mambo jumbo. Boko haram and kidnappings come on people. South africa has criminals I agree with that but Nigeria has terrorists, so tell me which one is worse?
Lol... Actually, terrorists operate in Northern part of Nigeria(as per religion infiltration).I have only visited my country thrice or there about and I didn't experience anything near what I have seen and heard on the news about it. However, there is no comparison of Nigeria and South Africa on routine crimes - it is obvious South African criminals are ruthless and toxic!
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by sweetcheecks(f): 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
all4naija: Lol... Actually, terrorists operate in Northern part of Nigeria(as per religion infiltration).I have only visited my country thrice or there about and I didn't experience anything near what I have seen and heard on the news about it. However, there is no comparison of Nigeria and South Africa on routine crimes - it is obvious South African criminals are ruthless and toxic!

@all4naija,
YES SOUTH AFRICA IS A JUNGLE WITH AIDS, CRIMINALS WHO EAT PEOPLE AND DRINK THEIR BLOOD. NO ONE IS SAFE. PLEASE NEVER GO THERE AND TELL ALL YOU PEEPS NEVER TO GO THERE. ITS HUNDRED TIMES WORSE THAN NIGERIA. PEOPLE THERE ARE ANIMALS. PLEASE CALL BACK ALL THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW FROM THERE. THEY ARE TRULLY RUTHLESS AND TOXIC. THEY CALL PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES FOREIGNERS AND KWERERKWERES. THATS HORRIBLE. STAY AWAY FROM THAT PART OF AFRICA. HONESTLY. shocked
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
sweetcheecks:

@all4naija,
YES SOUTH AFRICA IS A JUNGLE WITH AIDS, CRIMINALS WHO EAT PEOPLE AND DRINK THEIR BLOOD. NO ONE IS SAFE. PLEASE NEVER GO THERE AND TELL ALL YOU PEEPS NEVER TO GO THERE. ITS HUNDRED TIMES WORSE THAN NIGERIA. PEOPLE THERE ARE ANIMALS. PLEASE CALL BACK ALL THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW FROM THERE. THEY ARE TRULLY RUTHLESS AND TOXIC. THEY CALL PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES FOREIGNERS AND KWERERKWERES. THATS HORRIBLE. STAY AWAY FROM THAT PART OF AFRICA. HONESTLY. shocked
Whatever! I have only visited my father's country(Nigeria) thrice with a family member. I can testify to many of my friends who are fervent tourists and their concern about the state of crimes in South Africa. You are exhibiting African weak mentality here. It is obvious the same applies to South Africans, Nigerians and others, always in the mood of being defensive in a silly way.

Seriously, I would advice any of my friends not to visit if that makes you feel good about South Africa!
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by sweetcheecks(f): 2:07am On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija: Whatever! I have only visited my father's country(Nigeria) thrice with a family member. I can testify to many of my friends who are fervent tourists and their concern about the state of crimes in South Africa. You are exhibiting African weak mentality here. It is obvious the same applies to South Africans, Nigerians and others, always in the mood of being defensive in a silly way.

Seriously, I would advice any of my friends not to visit if that makes you feel good about South Africa!

Makes me very happy. grin grin grin Weak mentality added. All true. Your strong mentality shines true. Happy stay away. grin i have never been to Nigeria not planning to go in the near
future.

Seriously? Talk about ignorance. You visit your fathers home three times and make yourself an expect in Africa affairs. Poor you. Anyway not interested in your limited world view, would not be supprised if you are staying in the US.

KUNTA KINTE grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 29, 2012
sweetcheecks:

Makes me very happy. grin grin grin Weak mentality added. All true. Your strong mentality shines true. Happy stay away. grin i have never been to Nigeria not planning to go in the near
future.

Seriously? Talk about ignorance. You visit your fathers home three times and make yourself an expect in Africa affairs. Poor you. Anyway not interested in your limited world view, would not be supprised if you are staying in the US.

KUNTA KINTE grin grin grin
Yes! I live in my mother's country and visit others when I am opportune to do so. I can claim to be of dual citizenship when I choose to. Didn't I point out to you my friends who visited and felt concerned about the state of crimes in your country? Please, get of my azz!

Lol @ KUNTA KINTE. Actually, that is your state of mind!
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by sweetcheecks(f): 5:08am On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija: Yes! I live in my mother's country and visit others when I am opportune to do so. I can claim to be of dual citizenship when I choose to. Didn't I point out to you my friends who visited and felt concerned about the state of crimes in your country? Please, get of my azz!

YOU WEAKLING YOU STARTED THIS, I did not even know you existed KUNTA KINTE grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by sweetcheecks(f): 5:10am On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija: Yes! I live in my mother's country and visit others when I am opportune to do so. I can claim to be of dual citizenship when I choose to. Didn't I point out to you my friends who visited and felt concerned about the state of crimes in your country? Please, get of my azz!

By the way you are not American by birth, you are a wanna be. grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 29, 2012
sweetcheecks:

By the way you are not American by birth, you are a wanna be. grin grin grin
Did I ever said I am an American once in this forum? You're pissing me off with your silliness!
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by sweetcheecks(f): 5:58am On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija: Did I ever said I am an American once in this forum? You're pissing me off with your silliness!
grin grin grin grin

Pissing you off? Ohhhhhh, I am scared. Buzz of looser wanna be. grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 29, 2012
sweetcheecks:
grin grin grin grin

Pissing you off? Ohhhhhh, I am scared. Buzz of looser wanna be. grin grin grin
It is clear expressing yourself in English is your problem! Who's this dimwit from South Africa?! I was thinking you were somebody who worth the time! Get lost shiit!

You are a typical savaged biatch!!!
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by AjanleKoko: 8:37am On Nov 29, 2012
The crime rate in SA can be alarming tho. Joburg especially. Cape Town is relatively quiet.
One is always advised not to leave valuables in your hotel room, and not to put anything valuable in your check-in baggage when flying out of the country. Haven't had any unfortunate incidents though, but a colleague had her laptop and camera stolen from her hotel room, along with some cash.
Even in Naija, airline baggage is never tampered with these days.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by sweetcheecks(f): 11:45am On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija: It is clear expressing yourself in English is your problem! Who's this dimwit from South Africa?! I was thinking you were somebody who worth the time! Get lost shiit!

You are a typical savaged biatch!!!

grin grin grin
And your English is great? Look at the bolded. grin

Mr "I only went to my country 3 times" Dream on dreamer. You sound like you never even stepped out of Nigeria. grin grin grin

Now run along before I burst you bubble. wink
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by 740megawatts: 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2012
Ajanlekoko:
The crime rate in SA can be alarming tho. Joburg especially. Cape Town is relatively quiet.
One is always advised not to leave valuables in your hotel room, and not to put anything valuable in your check-in baggage when flying out of the country. Haven't had any unfortunate incidents though, but a colleague had her laptop and camera stolen from her hotel room, along with some cash.
Even in Naija, airline baggage is never tampered with these days.

I disagree with you, bro. A guy had his bagged ripped at MMIA just last month, about two wrist-watches went missing. The truth is that no country, either Nigeria or South Africa is safe from luggage tampering. I do not have the statistics of occurence, so I can't come to a conclusion on which country has the worse figure. I urge sweetcheck, playmode and all4naija to sheath their sword. The truth remains:

1. There is crime in both Nigeria and South Africa
2. South Africa has a better and effective policing than Nigeria
3. Crimes are most likely to be resolved faster and logically in South Africa
4. Crimes are more likely to be reported in South Africa than Nigeria because they trust their police service more, unlike in Nigeria.
5. Nigeria's army are perpetually on the streets quelling terrorism and crimes, while you rarely see soldiers on the streets of SA
6. South Africa has its corruption issues but not of the same grand scale when compared Nigeria's
7. Nigerians are responsible to a certain extent, for the increase in crime in certain parts of South Africa. If you are all in doubt, google the following locations: Sunnyside (Pretoria), Seapoint (Cape Town), Point or Ghandi area (Durban) and Sunnyside(Pretoria. The illegal and famous drug cartel businesses are run by our Naija people by recruiting young SA nationals into their organisation.
7. I am a Nigerian, I'm proud to be one but our people must change their ways. You don't have to run down another man's country because of your insatiable thirst for free money.

By the way, Cape Town is very beautiful. A lot of places around the Western Cape are beautiful with wonderful climate. I rest my case!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by sweetcheecks(f): 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2012
740megawatts:

I disagree with you, bro. A guy had his bagged ripped at MMIA just last month, about two wrist-watches went missing. The truth is that no country, either Nigeria or South Africa is safe from luggage tampering. I do not have the statistics of occurence, so I can't come to a conclusion on which country has the worse figure. I urge sweetcheck, playmode and all4naija to sheath their sword. The truth remains:

4. Crimes are more likely to be reported in South Africa than Nigeria because they trust their police service more, unlike in Nigeria.
5. Nigeria's army are perpetually on the streets quelling terrorism and crimes, while you rarely see soldiers on the streets of SA
6. South Africa has its corruption issues but not of the same grand scale when compared Nigeria's
7. Nigerians are responsible to a certain extent, for the increase in crime in certain parts of South Africa. If you are all in doubt, google the following locations: Sunnyside (Pretoria), Seapoint (Cape Town), Point or Ghandi area (Durban) and Sunnyside(Pretoria. The illegal and famous drug cartel businesses are run by our Naija people by recruiting young SA nationals into their organisation.
7. I am a Nigerian, I'm proud to be one but our people must change their ways. You don't have to run down another man's country because of your insatiable thirst for free money.

By the way, Cape Town is very beautiful. A lot of places
around the Western Cape are beautiful with wonderful climate. I rest my case!

BRAVO!!!!
Its a first, a Niaja guy speaking the truth to the teee. There is hope for Niageria.

Respect broer. grin
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2012
740megawatts:

By the way, Cape Town is very beautiful. A lot of places around the Western Cape are beautiful with wonderful climate. I rest my case!

1. I read the South African malls owners in Nigeria once said criminals in South Africa are deadly in comparison to Nigeria's.

2. The policing idea is exaggerated. There is a video showing when a person was murdered at the presence of cops in South Africa in this forum.

3. What makes you think they can logically resolve crimes better in SA than in Nigeria? Have the Marakina mine killers been brought to book since the incident happened?

4. You are alluding to the fact that because the country is more developed than Nigeria the situation would be better in combating crimes. Yet that country top the list of world highest crime countries since time immemorial.

5. Aren't soldier meant for condition where the national security is questionable? Maybe South Africa should do likewise to reduce the level of crime rate in that society.

6. Corruption is a crime in whatever level. What makes you think it is not worst in South Africa when blacks are perpetually relegated to the background in businesses and other sectors? That country has the highest inequality in the whole wide world,dude!

7. Come-on! Stop exhibiting some kind of condescending tone in your comments. The crime rate in South Africa has been of the highest in the world before Nigerians started visiting that country. Please, free me of these overstatements to make it looks as if Nigerians are responsible for the crimes in that society. You could have as well said they were responsible for the high HIV/AIDS epidemic cases. Free yourself of being servitude and shallow in your views. If Nigerians are responsible for the crimes in those areas you mentioned in your comments and on another statement you claimed they have high level of standard of Policing only speaks of absurdity of your held belief in this regard. You are just another silly Nigerian hating on his brothers. Another South African-azz worshipping Nigerian! Huh! Another thing is there are more Nigerians in States and UK than in South Africa. What have you to say about that in relation to crimes?

8. To be a proud Nigerian is not to be stupid and shallow-minded. But, to be prudent and state facts as they are.

Indeed, you are just being silly! I really find your comment distasteful in almost all ramifications.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2012
sweetcheecks:

BRAVO!!!!
Its a first, a Niaja guy speaking the truth to the teee. There is hope for Niageria.

Respect broer. grin
It is Okay, South African goon!
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by 740megawatts: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija:

1. I read the South African malls owners in Nigeria once said criminals in South Africa are deadly in comparison to Nigeria's.

2. The policing idea is exaggerated. There is a video showing when a person was murdered at the presence of cops in South Africa in this forum.

3. What makes you think they can logically resolve crimes better in SA than in Nigeria? Have the Marakina mine killers been brought to book since the incident happened?

4. You are alluding to the fact that because the country is more developed than Nigeria the situation would be better in combating crimes. Yet that country top the list of world highest crime countries since time immemorial.

5. Aren't soldier meant for condition where the national security is questionable? Maybe South Africa should do likewise to reduce the level of crime rate in that society.

6. Corruption is a crime in whatever level. What makes you think it is not worst in South Africa when blacks are perpetually relegated to the background in businesses and other sectors? That country has the highest inequality in the whole wide world,dude!

7. Come-on! Stop exhibiting some kind of condescending tone in your comments. The crime rate in South Africa has been of the highest in the world before Nigerians started visiting that country. Please, free me of these overstatements to make it looks as if Nigerians are responsible for the crimes in that society. You could have as well said they were responsible for the high HIV/AIDS epidemic cases. Free yourself of being servitude and shallow in your views. If Nigerians are responsible for the crimes in those areas you mentioned in your comments and on another statement you claimed they have high level of standard of Policing only speaks of absurdity of your held belief in this regard. You are just another silly Nigerian hating on his brothers. Another South African-azz worshipping Nigerian! Huh! Another thing is there are more Nigerians in States and UK than in South Africa. What have you to say about that in relation to crimes?

8. To be a proud Nigerian is not to be stupid and shallow-minded. But, to be prudent and state facts as they are.

Indeed, you are just being silly! I really find your comment distasteful in almost all ramifications.

You wrote a good counter-argument up there but concluded it in the usual Nairaland style, by ad-hominem attack. I won't bother to reply your name calling 'cos earlier on, I played the peacemaker.
Personally, I think I might be a better position to tell what obtains in SA and Nigeria. Having spent over 25+ years in Nigeria compared to your random visits, you have no right to counter what I wrote up there. I don't have time to start listing what obtains in our country. Let me tell you that here in Nigeria, I've experienced armed attacks lasting well over three hours, not once or twice and the police station is just nearby. Let me inform you that such form of police irresponsibility is what I call bad policing. I'll let you onto an obvious scenario, pray tell me, do you see policemen carrying AK-47s around where you reside? Most Nigerian policemen carry AK-47s as if the country is in a war-zone. Does that not tell you that the armed crimes in Nigeria are violent and barbaric?

Like I said and I'll repeat, South Africa and Nigeria both have criminals. Let me make it known to you today that most crimes in Nigeria are not reported to the Police Force. Perhaps, that's why we have lower crime statistics. For example, during my NYSC, I served in a village where it is forbidden to report crimes to the police. The villagers would rather sort out crime issues by using the shrine method.

By the way, I've stayed in SA for about 3 years now and I can make comparison. My comment is not meant to despise my country but to awaken our conscience as to how flawed our system is. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2012
740megawatts:

You wrote a good counter-argument up there but concluded it in the usual Nairaland style, by ad-hominem attack. I won't bother to reply your name calling 'cos earlier on, I played the peacemaker.
Personally, I think I might be a better position to tell what obtains in SA and Nigeria. Having spent over 25+ years in Nigeria compared to your random visits, you have no right to counter what I wrote up there. I don't have time to start listing what obtains in our country. Let me tell you that here in Nigeria, I've experienced armed attacks lasting well over three hours, not once or twice and the police station is just nearby. Let me inform you that such form of police irresponsibility is what I call bad policing. I'll let you onto an obvious scenario, pray tell me, do you see policemen carrying AK-47s around where you reside? Most Nigerian policemen carry AK-47s as if the country is in a war-zone. Does that not tell you that the armed crimes in Nigeria are violent and barbaric?

Like I said and I'll repeat, South Africa and Nigeria both have criminals. Let me make it known to you today that most crimes in Nigeria are not reported to the Police Force. Perhaps, that's why we have lower crime statistics. For example, during my NYSC, I served in a village where it is forbidden to report crimes to the police. The villagers would rather sort out crime issues by using the shrine method.

By the way, I've stayed in SA for about 3 years now and I can make comparison. My comment is not meant to despise my country but to awaken our conscience as to how flawed our system is. Thanks.
Now, you have aired your views as a matured person.But, one thing the crimes coming out some South African cities are unmentionable!

Thank you
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by 740megawatts: 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija: Now, you have aired your views as a matured person.But, one thing the crimes coming out some South African cities are unmentionable!

Thank you

Thanks, bro, now we understand ourselves.

Well true, South Africa has got some scary crime shit but then, you would be surprised at many violent crimes that go unreported in Nigeria. Even the reported ones are scary too, take for example, the armed rampage at Auchi this week where two banks where robbed unrestricted and the nearest police station partially demolished. This explains why AK-47 is the choice arm of our police force, and not the standard service pistol used worldwide. This is quite sad!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by sweetcheecks(f): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija: Now, you have aired your views as a matured person.But, one thing the crimes coming out some South African cities are unmentionable!

Thank you

YOU ARE AN UNMENTIONABLE TWART*
grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by GuluvaGG(m): 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by GuluvaGG(m): 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by GuluvaGG(m): 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by GuluvaGG(m): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by GuluvaGG(m): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by GuluvaGG(m): 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer / A Black Hawk Helicopter Took Its First Flight Without Pilot On Board / USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.