Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,659 members, 7,862,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:31 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (847824 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 11:59am On Sep 17, 2013
smh...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Idowuogbo(f): 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
E<R>F:

Old woman tongue

I have addressed that.

You are judging the present with your past mindset, ah be i dey lie?

If you let her take time to brief yhu her opinion of the matter, all you would say will be "Well sha, na truth sha, i understand but... wink
Brief me on wot? Old man,Na public forum no b her private Lounge. How do u so called Christians show hospitality sef? Oh I gerrit.. Ur bible teaches u to accommodate Christians only she? Wondafu! The ticket to Heaven go scarce dat day.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
E<R>F:

grin Enigma might not be wah yhu are thinking when he wears the mod uniform.

Sizzle, av yhu been in any leadership position before? The one that involves not a small number of people?
Yes I have and if there's something i learnt, it's that you need people's management skills as much as you need good leadership skills cos even your best intentions could kick you in the face when it's not presented properly. #Jessaying smiley

I'd really like for this to end. I've been here since the inception of this thread, i've watched people come and stay and others come and go, and i've come to see y'all as family. I'd hate for this to die simply cos of hasty or not so properly thought of decisions. If we can make our peace then by all means lets do so.
I don't like the recent development, but then madam seems as adamant as i've always known her to be. She's my pal and well..i've been both friend and enemy to her(tongue) but i'd implore that she reconsidered her stand on things and like we've always agreed leave our ancient landmark ( grin ) as it was before. Christians don't need to shut their door to the world simply cos thr world has shut theirs to us. We live and rise above common human charactetistics...that's what makes us unique smiley
May God help us through this faze and teach us the right thing to do.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
ARareGem: All these plenty talking without making any headway...

Grace, the truth is you should not have changed your initial post on this thread. The thread is ours, not so? Aren't we supposed to make collective decisions concerning this thread? Can't we trust you by your word? What you have done is stretch out your hand to welcome us and then slam the door on our faces. Sister, you were totally inconsiderate, thinking about yourself alone. You did not consider what your actions would lead to. This is disheartening, I have to say. I see it is whatever that suits you. 'Tis sad. Someone said every good thing comes to an end- guess it's true. smiley
You are right...

Buh do you think a sane man can just wake up in the morning and cut off his head?

Something must have happened the previous night or in the dream.. wink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
Reyginus: Now you are being unnecessarily stubborn.
Meaning what we've been talking about makes no sense to you. I don't like this. You are making the job difficult for yourself.
None

I was given a go ahead by my Oga about my thread, I can control how things are done so if you too do not like it then you can join the Hbg slayers club.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Enigma(m): 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I would hate to see you go but there is nothing I can do, the line has been drawn, it was nice having you around.

Sis, to be honest, apart from what I said I would do, I will also recommend that you return to the earlier rules for the thread and see what might yet be salvaged of the thread.

Considering all that has happened it would be easy for the regular members of the thread together to deal with 'intruders'. smiley

Although my worry still remains about the damage that has already been done.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
Abeg,make we make peace jawe...my system will soon go off jawe,no light...smiley...let peace reighn!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: This thread has rules right?

See you around.
This is gonna be fun....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Brief me on wot? Old man,Na public forum no b her private Lounge. How do u so called Christians show hospitality sef? Oh I gerrit.. Ur bible teaches u to accommodate Christians only she? Wondafu! The ticket to Heaven go scarce dat day.

You are matured enough to stand on yhur decisions, buh there are many of us who can't. That's why the rules are everywhere...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Idowuogbo(f): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
E<R>F:

You are matured enough to stand on yhur decisions, buh there are many of us who can't. That's why the rules are everywhere...
Alriceeeee....

See you around, sir!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
Enigma:

Sis, to be honest, apart from what I said I would do, b]I will also recommend that you return to the earlier rules for the thread and see what might yet be salvaged of the thread/b].

Considering all that has happened it would be easy for the regular members of the thread together to deal with 'intruders'. smiley

Although my worry still remains about the damage that has already been done.
i agree with the second bolded!
HBG,i understand you wella,but because of peace and d regular members of this thread,pls let there be a 're-editing'.
And let all the regulars come together against any intruder who wants to derail or defeat the purpose of this thread.
I think that should work.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Alriceeeee....

See you around, sir!
grin Na the new adage be that "See you around" ? grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mehn, we have reached 2hundred and something within two days shocked

Next week m bringing in another blunder, show is over folks, go and have lunch abeg. grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: None

I was given a go ahead by my Oga about my thread, I can control how things are done so if you too do not like it then you can join the Hbg slayers club.
This makes no sense. Controlling things does not equate to changing the principal thing that made us participate in the first place.
Like ARAREGEM said, you are not being considerate. As participants in the thread, commonsense demands you consult us before changing that principal thing that lured us here.
Forget the club of haters, I speak the truth as it appears in its purest form to me.
You are being immature, inconsiderate, and self-centered.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ignorance is no defence grin

WE were busy arguing, buh somebody was busy appeasing the gods ,.. Now there is not much to be said than to adhere to the present situation on ground.

See you around grin grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
Enigma: @Ihedinobi

Let's just say that I have seen things that you have not seen. smiley

TBH, if I was HBG and as things stand at this minute, this is what I will do:

I will go back and edit the OP once again. I will say that there are no longer any rules on this thread, it is a free for all and anyone can post whatever they deem fit.

I will then obtain the consent of the other Mods to unsticky it and let it find its level.

The people who had been saying that the thread should be unstickied and replaced with a general chat thread and those saying that if Christians have a stickied chat box, non Christians should too would both then have their way. At the moment only one of them does. wink

smiley

Big bro, I think I understand o. The new mods have been under fire a lot and a lot of people are still pissed that all three belong to one religious group.

I'm only interested in keeping this thread alivr though. As you said, it's an oasis in the wilderness of the Religion Section. I was hoping to remind our sister what the thread is and why we're here. Perhaps if she remembers she won't let all that antagonism make her destroy it.

I'm here to stay...until the thread dies or I leave NL. I don't think that anyone who has found a home here will easily let anyone destroy it. My concern is to help our sister break free from those who would manipulate her into destroying it.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Idowuogbo(f): 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
E<R>F:

grin Na the new adage be that "See you around" ? grin
Lolz... I thief-Ed it from our Madam in Christ.

P.S- dis intruder dis intruder dat wey una dey talk,offering money not fit buy una burlgar proof ni? undecided
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
I felt I walked in a mine field
I had 2 go back almost 6pages 2 know wat really happened.
honestly I wouldnt hav noticed if HBG changed d rules or not
I'll be forced 2 talk again, just when the thread title happened
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
E<R>F:

Dude, I don't think you are helping this argument at all. The fact that she created the thread doesn't give her the right to change the op.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Tjo, and I was enjoying amaskopas ame waitse mxm....

The door is open, if you want to leave this thread because I changed the rules of which I am the op then your free to go, the religion section is big enough for everyone.

Was that part of the op that said that this thread is ours not yours a lie?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Was that part of the op that said that this thread is ours not yours a lie?
Dunno, can't even remember, let me go and check.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
Enigma:

My sis, I have always read this thread even though I never posted.

It used to please me sooooo much to see such 'relative calm' in this mad house .... which is why I am interested in what is currently happening to the thread. sad
So you were 1guest? grin sweet
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 12:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
Idowuogbo:

P.S- dis intruder dis intruder dat wey una dey talk,offering money not fit buy una burlgar proof ni? undecided
Badosky!! grin we have chop our tithe money tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
honestly speaking I ve got to go with HBG on dis one.
I just dont like the 'you can leave if you want' attitude
I jst feel d rule is more of dnt post anything dt characterises gay, atheism, etc on d thread simple.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Idowuogbo(f): 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Badosky!! grin we have chop our tithe money tongue
Una chop Church money and thunder dey watch una? Kai! Merciful God... U are indescribable o! Issorai sha, I'll donate 3 Gay bouncers to help maximise security.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
Idowuogbo:

Lol @ Madam in Christ grin

Why are u asking? You wan marry pastor?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Una chop Church money and thunder dey watch una? Kai! Merciful God... U are indescribable o! Issorai sha, [s]I'll donate 3 Gay bouncers to help maximise security. [/b]

blood of God.
Mummy,etun ti ba oro je o.
Nkan ti a fe tun to,ema tun daru now,biko!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Idowuogbo(f): 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
yetseyi: honestly speaking I ve got to go with HBG on dis one.
I just dont like the 'you can leave if you want' attitude
I jst feel d rule is more of dnt post anything dt characterises gay, atheism, etc on d thread simple.
No! No! No!!! Twisting words to favour ur madam na Sin! BIG SIN! She,Madam in Christ, is saying no entry to different lifestyles.My chineke no like partial o! u 'MUST',accommodate everybarri... U feel me? Cheers!

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Idowuogbo(f): 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mintayo:
blood of God.
Mummy,etun ti ba oro je o.
Nkan ti a fe tun to,ema tun daru now,biko!
Tayo, love thy neighbours.

If i begin preach now, heavens might open and strike o ye hypocrites o! D annoiting wey dey my body no b hia o! Take ya time! angry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
She has changed the post back. She don remove the "No Christ-like" nonsense
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
I have had to watch from the sidelines for close to 48hours. Not like i did not want to make comment but some things came up. And this whole scene is not a pleasant one.
I have few words to say.
I was one of those who had a problem with the words 'christian' and 'gay' being put together. I did voice out my opposition to it. Not because i hate gays but simply because it is unheard of(at least by me). When the 'authorities' made their stance clear, i kept my cool. That did not mean i am now in support of it but to allow tranquility in the section.
It gets more shameful when a thread dedicated to increase in the knowledge of God becomes an avenue where all manner of refuse is now being dumped. Truly shameful.
@HBG, i think you are carrying this too far. There is a thin line between zeal and extremism. Dont fall into the latter. Learn from Christ, whose Words were many a time scorned but never shoved his Words down anybody's throat.
And i feel so bad. I have alot to say but wont express it in the open. When i read more of your comments, my mind skips.
Alot has been said already but this is a gentle rebuke from me that i feel you are wrong on this one.
Rather than talking from the fruits, i'd talk from the root. And the root is, remember the mail i sent you. Dont fail it.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
Idowu nl sure missed your presence sha, well me personally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Defeat Depression / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.