Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,709 members, 7,837,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (839780 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Enigma(m): 10:20am On Sep 17, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Well, true smiley I don't like the manner HBG is handling this..pls tell her that. We've managed to keep annoying people out of here all these months and live relatively in peace, until her latest rule.
What does the bible say again about law and sin??

My dear sis

You are right that HBG should never have changed the rules of the thread. On the other hand, for various reasons, I am deliberately being mindful in how vocal or clearly I express any criticism of HBG. There are bigger issues involved. And as I said, the 'destroyers', and 'loonies' etc can even undo the patience of Job. wink

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
It is amusing that people can judge that I am not a Christian from my NL posts?

Do you think HBG is a Christian? Seriously, you folks are killing me with laugh here
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Romans 12:15-16
New International Version (NIV)
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[a] Do not be conceited.

And I laff more cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 10:23am On Sep 17, 2013
E<R>F:

I understand my Sist. So as you unfollow i come like yhur "anger comment" grin to show yhu d way back here tongue

Oya go check fridge, bring something cold come wink
grin honestly i don't feel like smiling or laughing. You shouldn't joke like nothing is wrong here my friend.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 10:24am On Sep 17, 2013
uj_sizzle: Ledafaze i'd really love for you to stop typing...seriously!!
You happen to be addressing people who know HBG better than you possibly could in 3yrs.

**falls from the moon**

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 10:25am On Sep 17, 2013
uj_sizzle:
grin honestly i don't feel like smiling or laughing. You shouldn't joke like nothing is wrong here my friend.
Actually, people who see things from the surface hardly know there is a rot at the centre until it spreads and they can't deal with it again

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 17, 2013
You happen to be addressing people who know HBG better than you possibly could in 3yrs.

If that is what you want, I will stop. But concerning the bolded, know that I have always been a looker on Nairaland... with so many forgotten IDs back in the days but decided to stick to this one recently... why? I needed something else to console me for the death of someone I lost... someone so dearly, which nothing could console but had to come to Nairaland more often, and just do my siddon-look-no-jutsu stuff like lucifer does...

No offence...

Those offended, I am so sorry...
Those not offended, I love you...
Those sitting on the fence, God loves you more.

CIAO
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 10:26am On Sep 17, 2013
Enigma:

My dear sis

You are right that HBG should never have changed the rules of the thread. On the other hand, for various reasons, I am deliberately being mindful in how vocal or clearly I express any criticism of HBG. There are bigger issues involved. And as I said, the 'destroyers', and 'loonies' etc can even undo the patience of Job. wink

*sighs* I get it smiley Thanks.

Striktlymi i see ya cheesy Welcome to our humble abode smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Enigma(m): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2013
ledafaze:

If that is what you want, I will stop. But concerning the bolded, know that I have always been a looker on Nairaland... with so many forgotten IDs back in the days but decided to stick to this one recently... why? I needed something else to console me for the death of someone I lost... someone so dearly, which nothing could console but had to come to Nairaland more often, and just do my siddon-look-no-jutsu stuff like lucifer does...

No offence...

CIAO

@ bolded: did someone just say something about an "oasis"? wink

@ ledafaze, wishing you the fulness of God's comfort. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2013
ledafaze:

So it is about making the rule and also being the judge by chance... If it were you, oga mi, you will stand by ur rule...

This is not about the rule but the abuse of it. I believe that members like Alfa came here to look for trouble and he was 'dealt with accordingly'. No rule changed at that point.

The rules changed basically to keep muskeeto out because he revealed that HBG was responsible for locking down the "Gay Christian" thread. Creating that artificial barrier after this ish with muskeeto was not right.

If she even felt like changing anything, the right thing for her to do was to seek the consent of those who patronize this thread. It was quite disrespectful to you guys (I am not a regular here). The decision was not hers to make.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
And who gave you the right to judge who is wrong and who is right? You define "Christianity" according to your opinion which is that you cannot be gay and Christian. Unfortunately, there is a freedom of opinion and someone else thinks differently.

You have no right to say your opinion supersedes another person's opinion.

And who told yhu that as a Christain and a human yhu can't defer what right and what wrong?

Young Man, what that bro said is the bitter truth you will neva take, but refute inorder for yhu all to dodge repentance.

Both of us can argue because our Minds are firm, and would be unshaken no matter what. What about others that argue to get a point? And those that can't argue, won't they accept your validless point?

The bible Loudly speak against "Homosexualism" and we Christains use the bible as a standard of our living. It is loudly refuted in the old Testaments and New testaments.

So it is 100percent wrong for you to associate it with Christainity...., we love them and accept them buh how would you change when you don't agree that what you do is "Christainly" ...it is boldly written in the bible, buh you dodge it and say Jesus would av said it Himself as if the bible wasn't inspired by the Holy Spirit.. How which Jesus said it, yhu'd av found another excuse to justify ya wrongs.

The society might say its right, buh nah Christainity....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Enigma(m): 10:31am On Sep 17, 2013
Enigma:

@ bolded: did someone just say something about an "oasis"? wink ....

Meanwhile, as I said, the thread has now been seriously if not terminally damaged.

cool
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 10:36am On Sep 17, 2013
ledafaze:

No offence...

CIAO
I'm sorry for your loss dearie..why didn't you say something all this while? *hugs*

I don't have an issue with you voicing out your opinion, but this is more than it seems. Trust me you don't understand what is going on here.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I haven't had strangers visiting my house but if they happen to come by why should I chase them away?

I know this is all about the Glory of God right? You can try as much to bring the person to Christ but if they choose to live their old ways even after they claim to have been saved then there is nothing I can do, the Holy Spirit that we all have as born-again Christians lead us, and help us not to fall again. Even when we fall, God I know does not turn away from us, he is always ready to lift us up again.

The people whom I have asked not to participate here have openly in your presence or written in black for you to see have done nothing but to insult God. Are we to live by an example? Do you see them at your church? Do you scowl and frown when you see them? Do you cast demons out of them? What do you do when they show up in your church? I know in mamy born-again churches there is this thing of asking if there is someone who would like to receive Jesus Christ as his personal saviour, and there are people who will tell the Pastor their troubles after being delivered they can nologer do as they please but as the spirit leads. There is no way the spirit of the Lord will dwell in an unclean person, Never!

My darling sister, if a stranger comes to your home and you show them hospitality and they start to attack your sons and try to r'ape your daughters, you throw them out. That is the right thing to do. But if they come and eat your food and drink your water and go out and curse your name and speak evil of you, would you not be better served by receiving them still every time that they come and thus lay a witness against them for is the man not a fool who speaks evil of a home he does not cease to retire to for refreshment?

Another scenario is that they may come to spy out your home to craft evil against it but are you better served by shutting them out completely or by limiting and controlling their freedoms while they guest with you?

I have gone to war on this thread against spoilers and reported posts that undermined the purpose of this thread even very recently. The spoilers that I have warred against are not here today. And they cannot be because the ground has been cut out from under their feet. Some wars are won by eliminating the battle lines, others are won by pushing the lines forward until the enemy is destroyed.

Perhaps I was inattentive but I never saw musKeeto undermining this thread. I saw Alfa's incursion and helped to end it. You did not have to change the op for him to go away.

Your op put in enough poison.pills to legitmately destroy what little foxes dared to invade and they have not stopped working. What you have done now is not put in more poison pills, you have shut the doors and soon the air will grow stale and our house will become stuffy. And foul things grow in such a house.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2013
And Jesus wept.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 17, 2013
uj_sizzle:
*sighs* I get it smiley Thanks.

Striktlymi i see ya cheesy Welcome to our humble abode smiley

Lol!!!

Thanks!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 10:42am On Sep 17, 2013
striktlymi:

This is not about the rule but the abuse of it. I believe that members like Alfa came here to look for trouble and he was 'dealt with accordingly'. No rule changed at that point.

The rules changed basically to keep muskeeto out because he revealed that HBG was responsible for locking down the "Gay Christian" thread. Creating that artificial barrier after this ish with muskeeto was not right.

If she even felt like changing anything, the right thing for her to do was to seek the consent of those who patronize this thread. It was quite disrespectful to you guys (I am not a regular here). The decision was not hers to make.
Well said.

All our madam has succeeded in doing is throw open the door to whoever and whatever wants to make trouble.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 17, 2013
ARareGem:

I am speaking to everyone- not Grace specifically. Myself included. I had to rethink certain things after going through some threads on the section.

But Grace love, I hope you'll be the bigger person. I hope we all will.

A nice week to everyone, even you-aManFromMars. smiley

My replies to everyone was hidden by HBG. Hope you see this before it's hidden also. Thanks.

My appreciation to everyone who has taken a stan for the truth. It's easy to put up inspiritatiinal quotes as signatures, tough to live them. My deepest appreciations to everyone even those who may not understand exactly what has transpired these past few days.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 10:44am On Sep 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
It is amusing that people can judge that I am not a Christian from my NL posts?

Do you think HBG is a Christian? Seriously, you folks are killing me with laugh here

A man that always question the credibility of a thing is never for that thing... He who is not for us, is automatically against us.

You've never deliberated on a known issue and elaborate it... Yhu only bring something new, and faith shaking..... Yhu are a satan disciple in disquise, try and know ur true self..

And for HBG being a true christain, i would only tell if i stay with her. But with her doings here, there is not much being done by her that disqualifies her being a Christain.... If there is any then i didn't see it, i tell yhu the truth.

You havn't really lived with born again christain that's why... Try and get born again friends, and go to a strict church not the one's that modify evil to look near good.!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 17, 2013
HbG the ball is now in your court. Restore the op to what it was and let's have peace once more.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Enigma(m): 10:45am On Sep 17, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Well said.

All our madam has succeeded in doing is throw open the door to whoever and whatever wants to make trouble.

True but you have to put things in context of how much they had been needling her and how much they had been buffetting her from different directions (on various related/unrelated threads). wink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 10:47am On Sep 17, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Make i kill myself??

If you can't open the fridge, then frown ya face naa, maybe that will solve the problem grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 10:47am On Sep 17, 2013
E<R>F:

A man that always question the credibility of a thing is never for that thing... He who is not for us, is automatically against us.

You've never deliberated on a known issue and elaborate it... Yhu only bring something new, and faith shaking..... Yhu are a satan disciple in disquise, try and know ur true self..

And for HBG being a true christain, i would only tell if i stay with her. But with her doings here, there is not much being done by her that disqualifies her being a Christain.... If there is any then i didn't see it, i tell yhu the truth.

You havn't really lived with born again christain that's why... Try and get born again friends, and go to a strict church not the one's that modify evil to look near good.!
A Satan disciple in disguise?

LWKMD.....at least I don't go around backbitting and forming prime and proper.

You lot are funny. But you can't kick folks out, it will lead to this thread being deleted. I hope you will be satisfied when that happens

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 10:49am On Sep 17, 2013
Reyginus: HbG the ball is now in your court. Restore the op to what it was and let's have peace once more.
Nice
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Idowuogbo(f): 10:50am On Sep 17, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: I'm trying hard to surbodinate to your leadership on this section.HBG,this may not be the Gay Christian Chatbox.This is The Christian Chatbox and I believe the definition of a Chrisian Is not determined by your own personal believes,judgement or biblical assessment alone.

You have no role defining who a christian is.I repeat this is the christian chatbox,not the Born-again Chatbox.Being gay is a lifestyle not a religion,so I see no reason why u should classify them along with the other non-believers.
I see no reason why a gay man or woman who identifies as Christian,a follower of Christ and not Mohammed or Obatala or Budha or Krishna should not be permitted on this thread.

Believe me,you're not Christlike in any form since yesterday.

HBG,so far,you haven't been humble to your role.You don't hold the key to another man's salvation.Its left for Christ to decide who his children are
I agree...

Who died and made her God?

HBG, u power drunk or wot?

Dis mod thingy is starting to eat ur brain cells o! Like seriously, u call yourself a Christian? Irony! Smh!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Idowuogbo(f): 10:53am On Sep 17, 2013
ledafaze:

Pastor Chris? That said ma.sturb.ation is not a sin? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Na sin? undecided
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 10:56am On Sep 17, 2013

This is what i'm trying to say ma'am. You don't face the present with the past;try and see the reasons as it is now without looking at harm done years ago.

You know the past HBG, and i think he or we know the present HBG.... You see where the problems are coming from?

We aint better in our own ways.

If yhu are in her position yhu'd do either more or less, because i know yhu won't sit down and watch things go wrong to please some people....

This is a "LIVESTYLE" not a RELIGION as yhu see it
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 10:58am On Sep 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
Actually, people who see things from the surface hardly know there is a rot at the centre until it spreads and they can't deal with it again
That's where you go wrong, because yhu must look from the surface... That's where the problem really at that point

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 11:02am On Sep 17, 2013
E<R>F:

That's where you go wrong, because yhu must look from the surface... That's where the problem really at that point
actually, you grab an infrared scanner and take it up at the root.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 11:03am On Sep 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
A Satan disciple in disguise?

LWKMD.....at least I don't go around backbitting and forming prime and proper.

You lot are funny. But you can't kick folks out, it will lead to this thread being deleted. I hope you will be satisfied when that happens

I know that's your initial plan and many of you grin

When one door closes another opens, you know the truth buh you chose to work on the wrong... Which is not to good
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 11:03am On Sep 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I haven't had strangers visiting my house but if they happen to come by why should I chase them away?

I know this is all about the Glory of God right? You can try as much to bring the person to Christ but if they choose to live their old ways even after they claim to have been saved then there is nothing I can do, the Holy Spirit that we all have as born-again Christians lead us, and help us not to fall again. Even when we fall, God I know does not turn away from us, he is always ready to lift us up again.!
You do like to contradict yourself, but then this won't be necessary since you already placed a 'keep off' sign in bright bold letters at the front door. That's hard to miss.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 17, 2013
Enigma:

I understand what you are saying and I also still think HBG might have handled things differently.

However bros, one more thing to note: some people had always been bent on disrupting this one unique oasis for those who do not wish to join in the madness on the main 'Religion' forum; in recent times a couple of other groups or types of poster have also been interested in undermining this thread.

Now, they are getting their way and the thread has already been damaged and may even already be terminally damaged; the regulars will leave, the lunatics will be here for a short period and then leave; then the thread will be unstickied as no longer fit for purpose.

Wisdom: be gentle as a dove but wise as a serpent.

smiley

(PS BTW, I suspect this is my own first ever post on the thread!)

Big bro, I've been around on this thread for awhile now. We've had skirmishes and all-out battles here before and it has always survived. I promise you that nobody who has come on this thread with intent to damage it has achieved their purpose. They won't achieve it now either.

I think that the power of this thread has been the freedom and tolerance. We feel free here and we really don't mind unbelievers around. We have our ways of shutting down any abuse that they undertake. Under MMW, I had to go to war once with one very foolish guy who seemed bent on fouling the thread. It was Rey and myself then. I reported his annoying comments and MMW felt a need to "think about it", he wasn't sure the guy was doing anything wrong since it was only a chatbox. I pressed him about it while taking that guy head-on. Eventually, MMW hid all our posts and sanity returned.

I didn't see musKeeto's offensive posts but he's always been welcome here and he has always conducted himself with decorum. If people are fighting outside, here is where it ends.

Yes this thread can be damaged beyond repair. All it takes is that new paragraph our sister inserted in the op. We will beat every liytle fox that comes in here as long as our doors stay open and we man them properly. That is how we have continued to thrive.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ERF: 11:07am On Sep 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
actually, you grab an infrared scanner and take it up at the root.

Even when Jesus av covered the roots? Now act like a Christain.

I don't answer yhu, as the Mynd i used to know, buh as the person saying these things at present because that's the person i'm dealing with now and not the former being... Now thats how you should act too. .

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Bid Goodbye To Iniquity / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.