Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,950 members, 7,956,584 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:36 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (878547 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
"And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to follow Me [as My disciple], he must deny himself [set aside selfish interests], and take up his cross daily [expressing a willingness to endure whatever may come] and follow Me [believing in Me, conforming to My example in living and, if need be, suffering or perhaps dying because of faith in Me]. For whoever wishes to save his life [in this world] will [eventually] lose it [through death], but whoever loses his life [in this world] for My sake, he is the one who will save it [from the consequences of sin and separation from God]."
(Luke 9:23-24 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
Jesus Christ through His death and resurrection made us *co-sons/co-heirs* with HIMSELF thus
"Jesus said to her, “Do not hold Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’"
(John 20:17 amp)

Hebrews 2:11 (amp)
"Both Jesus who sanctifies and those who are sanctified [that is, spiritually transformed, made holy, and set apart for God’s purpose] are all from one Father; for this reason He is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters,"
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
"Therefore if you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, sharing in His resurrection from the dead], keep seeking the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind and keep focused habitually on the things above [the heavenly things], not on things that are on the earth [which have only temporal value]. 3 For you died [to this world], and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory."
( Colossians 3:1-4 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:00am On Apr 14, 2020
"Now may the God of peace [the source of serenity and spiritual well-being] who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood that sealed and ratified the eternal covenant, equip you with every good thing to carry out His will and strengthen you [making you complete and perfect as you ought to be], accomplishing in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen."
(Hebrews 13:20-21 amp)
Happy Easter!!!
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Kizzygentle: 4:33pm On Apr 14, 2020
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you will abound in hope and overflow with confidence in His promises. Amen."
(Romans 15:13 amp)
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AEGbadebo: 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
God be praised!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
"But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the [divine] wrath and judgment to come? 8 So produce fruit that is consistent with repentance [demonstrating new behavior that proves a change of heart, and a conscious decision to turn away from sin]; 9 and do not presume to say to yourselves [as a defense], ‘We have Abraham for our father [so our inheritance assures us of salvation]’; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children (descendants) for Abraham. 10 And already the axe [of God’s judgment] is swinging toward the root of the trees; therefore every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."
(Matthew 3:7-10 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
There is no boredom in fellowshipping with the Holy Spirit even in this isolation-period:

"After Jesus was baptized, He came up immediately out of the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he (John) saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him (Jesus), 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased and delighted!” (Matthew 3:16-17 amp)

When any human being accepts to believe in Jesus Christ death and resurrection ;
Communication with Heaven (God; Father, Son and the Holy Spirit and everything that is found within God ) is made available to such a person.

Any human being existing outside of this *belief in the Gospel of Jesus Christ death and resurrection* is disconnected from this *effective communication/connection*

Believing in Jesus death and resurrection also pours the Spirit of God into any human being, the Holy Spirit then sends away or evacuates the spirit of sin/flesh from such a person (a believer)

A believer also has a very vital privilege of hearing the voice of GOD clearly and distinctly every second in his/her life either through the written Scriptures, preaching, gospel messages/songs/videos, small-still voice, audible voice, dreams, visions, unfolding of events/circumstances e.t.c. for everything that concerns his/her life even in those things that some of us consider unimportant.

This continuous communication with God's Spirit that expresses peace, joy, righteousness, hope, love, confidence e.t.c is what makes a whole lot of difference between Christianity and other religion hence there is no boredom in the life of any human being that fellowships with the Holy Spirit.

What is delaying you from accepting the Gospel of Jesus Christ death and resurrection ?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
ochibuogwu5:
There is no boredom in fellowshipping with the Holy Spirit even in this isolation-period:

"After Jesus was baptized, He came up immediately out of the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he (John) saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him (Jesus), 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased and delighted!” (Matthew 3:16-17 amp)

When any human being accepts to believe in Jesus Christ death and resurrection ;
Communication with Heaven (God; Father, Son and the Holy Spirit and everything that is found within God ) is made available to such a person.

Any human being existing outside of this *belief in the Gospel of Jesus Christ death and resurrection* is disconnected from this *effective communication/connection*

Believing in Jesus death and resurrection also pours the Spirit of God into any human being, the Holy Spirit then sends away or evacuates the spirit of sin/flesh from such a person (a believer)

A believer also has a very vital privilege of hearing the voice of GOD clearly and distinctly every second in his/her life either through the written Scriptures, preaching, gospel messages/songs/videos, small-still voice, audible voice, dreams, visions, unfolding of events/circumstances e.t.c. for everything that concerns his/her life even in those things that some of us consider unimportant.

This continuous communication with God's Spirit that expresses peace, joy, righteousness, hope, love, confidence e.t.c is what makes a whole lot of difference between Christianity and other religion hence there is no boredom in the life of any human being that fellowships with the Holy Spirit.

What is delaying you from accepting the Gospel of Jesus Christ death and resurrection ?
preach on sir
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; *whose house are we*, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 16, 2020
The love of God is the beginning of a new life.Money,wealth and affluence can never give you that joy and peace your soul ever desire, only God can. Let's all give our life to God in truth and we shall experience everlasting glory.Shalom
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 9:49am On Apr 16, 2020
BREAD� FROM HEAVEN Truth, Light & Bread 16/04/2020, Thursday

� Let God take notice of you

The Spirit's Word: And they lifted up their voice, and wept again: and Orpah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth clave unto her. And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law. And Ruth said, Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.
Ruth 1:14‭-‬17 KJV

Our God is an extraordinary God and so He takes notice of extraordinary people. Ruth did the extraordinary thing and got her name and legacy recorded in the Bible. She was also an ancestor of King David, and of course, the Lord Jesus Christ after the flesh. Orpah, on the other hand, did not sin. She only took the normal route but missed out on such a great opportunity. Life is way beyond just sin and righteousness. There is so much more we can find in God, and with Him. He desires that we be unselfish, giving, humble and a people of sacrifice. This is what living the abundant life is. It is laying down all for His Name to be glorified. Christians must know that while we are on this Earth, we reap what we sow. Galatians 6:6-10, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7.

What was Ruth thinking when she made that decision? She loved her new family, even in death, and was completely not thinking about herself. She was faithful and loyal both in life and death of her husband. Her faithfulness to her husband was faithfulness to His mother. She was free to go her way and remarry (1 Corinthians 7:39), but she chose a higher way beyond man's comprehension, and got way more than she bargained for. Boaz, who was a wealthy and influential man, married her as Kinsman redeemer. Ruth 2-4. The Bible also records that Mary broke an alabaster jar filled with expensive perfume, and anointed the Lord with it. Mark 14:3-9. She didn't have to, but now we are all still talking about her and her extraordinary deed. God will never deny you the honour due when you go the extra mile for Him.

It was also recorded that a woman called Tabitha (Dorcas) died. The people she had ministered to in alms and good works were not ready to let her go; and so they besought Apostle Peter, who raised her back to life. Acts 9:36-42. If not for her extraordinary deeds, no one would bother the Apostle since we know people die everyday. The widow of Zarephath is another good example. If she had not obeyed the Prophet Elijah, the miracle will never happen. In her lack, she was ready to share her last meal with a complete stranger. She received two miracles by that single act. 1 Kings 17:10-24. There are many more similar stories in the Bible and in life, but I decided to focus on the women that left an indelible mark of God in their lives and life's history. Let's be a people of extraordinary works.�

Reminder: Having the mind of Christ is the beginning to living a life that is poured out as an offering unto God. Such a life is of high value to God.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ngupdate: 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hommage au Doyen Papa Apotre Zacharie Adetola - Mission Ephrata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff7D2Yi0LVw
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
Share the love of Jesus Christ Crucified and Resurrected with every human being that you encounter on this earthly existence regardless of their religion, color, origin, attitude or circumstances:
"Owe nothing to anyone except to love and seek the best for one another; for he who [unselfishly] loves his neighbor has fulfilled the [essence of the] law [relating to one’s fellowman]."
(Romans 13:8 amp)

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2020
"So repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, regret past sins] and return [to God—seek His purpose for your life], so that your sins may be wiped away [blotted out, completely erased], so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord [restoring you like a cool wind on a hot day]; 20 and that He may send [to you] Jesus, the Christ, who has been appointed for you, 21 whom heaven must keep until the time for the [complete] restoration of all things about which God promised through the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time." (Acts 3:19-21 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Luchiana1(f): 7:43pm On Apr 16, 2020
Get your relationship and marriage right..join https:///H3FoNOO9kzSFnYbmODnsgQ
Join WhatsApp group MENTORED FOR MARRIAGE
Today's topic Emotional control

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
"For though we walk (live) in the flesh(human body), we are not carrying on our warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons. For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds, [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One), Being in readiness to punish every [insubordinate for his] disobedience, when your own submission and obedience [as a church] are fully secured and complete."
(2 Corinthians 10:3-6 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:09pm On Apr 16, 2020
“The people who were sitting (living) in [spiritual] darkness have seen a great Light,
And for those who were sitting (living) in the land and shadow of [spiritual and moral] death,
Upon them a Light has dawned.”
(Matthew 4:16 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:43am On Apr 18, 2020
Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." Happy Easter!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
Practice the love of Christ Jesus Crucified in these times:
"You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor (fellow man) and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love [that is, unselfishly seek the best or higher good for] your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may [show yourselves to] be the children of your Father who is in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on those who are evil and on those who are good, and makes the rain fall on the righteous [those who are morally upright] and the unrighteous [the unrepentant, those who oppose Him]. 46 For if you love [only] those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do that? 47 And if you greet only your brothers [wishing them God’s blessing and peace], what more [than others] are you doing? Do not even the Gentiles [who do not know the Lord] do that? 48 You, therefore, will be perfect [growing into spiritual maturity both in mind and character, actively integrating godly values into your daily life], as your heavenly Father is perfect."
(Matthew 5: 43-48 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:33am On Apr 19, 2020
THEY HAD BEEN WITH JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED MADE THE DIFFERENCE(CONFIDENCE AND BOLDNESS) ABOUT THEIR LIVES though they were uneducated and untrained ordinary men:
"Now when the men of the Sanhedrin (Jewish High Court) saw the confidence and boldness of Peter and John, and grasped the fact that they were uneducated and untrained [ordinary] men, they were astounded, and began to recognize that they had been with Jesus" (Acts 4:13 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:50am On Apr 19, 2020
The confidence and boldness that can pull through times like this on earth and even worst situations in the future CAN ONLY BE FOUND IN BEING WITH JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED
("Now when the men of the Sanhedrin (Jewish High Court) saw the confidence and boldness of Peter and John, and grasped the fact that they were uneducated and untrained [ordinary] men, they were astounded, and began to recognize that they had been with Jesus" Acts 4:13 amp)...
No religion can offer us such capacity
No academic prowess can build such capacity
No expert can induce such capacity based upon their analysis...

Surrender completely to Jesus Christ Crucified now before it is too late...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:55am On Apr 19, 2020
"But after ordering them to step out of the Council [chamber], they began to confer among themselves, 16 saying, “What are we to do with these men? For the fact that an extraordinary miracle has taken place through them is public knowledge and clearly evident to all the residents of Jerusalem, and we cannot deny it. 17 But to keep it from spreading further among the people and the nation, let us [sternly] warn them not to speak again to anyone in this name.” 18 So they sent for them, and commanded them not to speak [as His representatives] or teach at all in the name of Jesus [using Him as their authority]. 19 But Peter and John replied to them, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you and obey you rather than God, you must judge [for yourselves]; 20 for we, on our part, cannot stop telling [people] about what we have seen and heard" (Acts 4:15-20 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:58am On Apr 19, 2020
"[ The Order of Resurrection ] But now [as things really are] Christ has in fact been raised from the dead, [and He became] the first fruits [that is, the first to be resurrected with an incorruptible, immortal body, foreshadowing the resurrection] of those who have fallen asleep [in death]. For since [it was] by a man that death came [into the world], it is also by a Man that the resurrection of the dead has come. For just as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive." (1 Corinthians 15:20-22 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:06am On Apr 19, 2020
"...BUT THE MERCY OF GOD HAS PREVAILED OVER THE JUDGMENT OF OUR SINS" (James 2:13b)

"For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I have compassion.” 16 So then God’s choice is not dependent on human will, nor on human effort [the totality of human striving], but on God who shows mercy [to whomever He chooses—it is His sovereign gift]." (Romans 9:15-16 amp)

“Blessed [content, sheltered by God’s promises] are the merciful, for they will receive mercy." (Matthew 5:7 amp)

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16 KJV)

As long as you are still a human being on earth, fellow human beings will hurt, abuse, insult, disappoint, intimidate and manipulate you...always pray for the grace to forgive them and be merciful to them as your heavenly Father thus
"Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful."
(Luke 6:36)

If it is the same Spirit that is inside Jesus Christ Crucified that is working in you/me as a Christian that same Spirit will prompt you/me to forgive and forget from the depth of our hearts ("But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you." Romans 8:11) no matter how painful/bitter/hurting that experience might have been....
No human being/creature can hurt you/me the way Jesus Christ Crucified was hurt by the sins of mankind and seemingly abandoned by HIS FATHER TO CARRY ALL OF THEM ALONE ON THE CROSS yet He forgave us from THE DEPTH OF HIS HEART thus "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do..." (Luke 23:34 KJV)
thus as Christ-followers, WE HAVE NO EXCUSE NOT TO FORGIVE THOSE WHO HURT US NO MATTER HOW PAINFUL THE EXPERIENCE IS.

If you do not forgive and forget those who hurt/offend you from the depth of your heart, you are applying for *eternal rejection(hell-fire)* from GOD; OUR FATHER AND CREATOR no matter your spiritual-level/status/experience thus
"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." (Matthew 6:14-15 KJV)

Pray for the grace to forgive and be merciful to whoever that has hurt/offended you no matter how deep/bitter/painful/long the experience has been and THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL RELEASE YOUR WHOLE BEING TO FORGIVE COMPLETELY WITH EASE beyond your expectations...

Do not abuse/misuse the mercy of God thus "let me commit this sin after I will ask God for forgiveness/mercy or let me postpone my repentance/call of salvation in Christ Jesus"
as a human being there is no assurance that you will be alive after committing that sin and you are not sure of breathing the next second hence Jesus said "....there is NO EXCUSE FOR SIN"
(John 15:22)

"Don't think that you can sin and get away with it; the Lord does not mind waiting to punish you. 5 Don't be so certain of the Lord's forgiveness that you go on committing one sin after another. 6 Don't think that his mercy is so great that he will forgive your sins no matter how many they are. He does show mercy, but he also shows his furious anger with sinners. 7 Come back to the Lord quickly. Don't think that you can keep putting it off. His anger can come upon you suddenly, and you will die under his punishment. 8 Don't rely on dishonest wealth; it will do you no good on that day of disaster." (Sirach 5:4-8 )

OR

"God please forgive me this sin I am about to commit in the future"
thus
"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries."
(Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV)

"Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, *Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.*

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." (John 8:34-36 KJV)

Seek the mercy of Jesus Christ Crucified now while you are still alive...

HAPPY DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY!!!
PRAY THE CHAPLET OF DIVINE MERCY EVERYDAY NOT NECESSARY BY 3PM; YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT!!!

GREAT GRACE BRETHREN!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
"But the centurion replied to Him, *Lord, I am not worthy or fit to have You come under my roof; but only speak the word, and my servant boy will be cured*." (Matthew 8:8 amp)

May our today be filled with the grace and faith found *only* in Jesus Christ Crucified; Our Lord. Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Afosstyle: 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — Be Holy, God Is Holy / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.