Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (833344 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by twoMcfemad: 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2020
Good day all,

I need Sunday school manual / teaching guide for teenagers. Anyone with it should please share. Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2020
"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"
(Luke 11:13)

The most important gift that God gives any human being is *His Indwelling Presence (the Holy Spirit)* for an unbroken relationship with GOD-HEAD FOREVER AND EVER
As a believers always ask for *the freshness of His LIFE within YOU*
thus
"On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the [Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified."
(John 7:37-39)

The HOLY SPIRIT is not *given to human beings for decoration* but to solve the problem of the human beings around us in each generation which is to draw *human souls out of darkness of sin/flesh/unbelief to the LIGHT OF SALVATION IN CHRIST JESUS*

If you have a burden in your heart to stand at the gate of hell-fire and turn souls heading therein back to the gate of Heaven because of the compassion of Christ Jesus Crucified at work in you for these souls that are wandering about helpless and harassed like a sheep without a shepherd then your knocking on the door of Heaven for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit is valid and will be given to you because Jesus declared "blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness because they will be filled" (Matthew 5:6)

but if your need for the Holy Spirit *fresh empowerment* in this generation is for the sake of *having a sense of belonging to those called men/women of God* with special treatment in the society or to impress yourself or to be cursing people from the pulpit or to make financial profit then let it be known to you that God will not answer such prayers requesting for anointing thus

"And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?” 55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. 56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.” And they went to another village." (Luke 9:54-56)

"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." (1 John 5:14)

"Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. 36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. 37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” (Matthew 9:35-38)

Abbah Father, grant us fresh-boldness to bear witness to the gospel of your Son; Jesus Christ Crucified in this generation even as you stretch out your hand to heal the sickness caused by the flesh/unbelief/sin in the people of our generation while manifesting sign and wonders in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Great Grace Brethren!!!

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:25am On Sep 13, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread
Sun, September 13, 2020
Topic: Incarnation ✝️

The Spirit's Word: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14 KJV

In the beginning of creation, God spoke and things were created and formed. The Word of God also became flesh in the person of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is a great mystery. The Word became flesh and dwelt among mortal man. This is incarnation. We know why He did it - to redeem man. However, let's look at the concept of incarnation. The virgin Mary conceived without the natural process as designed by God, where a man knows a woman. God had to bypass this process, because God is Spirit. However, God's Word is the raw material of everything that exists. If there would ever be any other thing created, it can only come from the Word. The Word is also light, and life. John 1:4. God is light, and this means all the make up of God is light. 1 John 1:5. Light is the tangible material of the spirit. We can't see words, they are only spoken and heard, but the Holy Ghost came upon Mary, and His power overshadowed her. Luke 1:35. When God manifests His presence, and glory, it's always by a brightness that darkness can't stand. For this reason, we must do all to get the Word from the Bible pages into Light in our lives.

Only light can birth anything meaningful in our lives. Isaiah 60:1-3. Light is the only medium through which the spiritual becomes the physical. We can only access light by the Holy Ghost. If we don't engage Him through the Word, and in fellowship, we can't access light. Things die because of the presence of darkness. It's light that liberates. For that sickness or disease to be a thing of the past, the light of God has to tabernacle on your mind, and body too. Even science tells us that light is made up of particles called photons. If physical light can be as useful as we have today, how much more spiritual light. We must engage spiritual secrets in the Word to see that the Word of God becomes incarnated in our lives and situation. If we don't speak what we have believed, how can we see a manifestation of the reality we envisage. If we don't see what is written concerning us, how shall they ever come to be? A seeing eye, a hearing ear and an understanding heart is what we should ask the Holy Ghost for as we constantly fellowship with Him. The principle is simple: God calls those things which be not as though they were. Romans 4:17. We must learn also to speak and hear as God does.

Reminder: And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1:3 KJV. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1:17 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
FORGIVENESS:
You need to ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to the revelational need for forgiveness as it is contained in Matthew 6: 14-15 thus
"For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

if you do not forgive sincerely from the depths of your heart, it means you are applying directly for hell-fire because anyone who the Father does not forgive is going directly to hell-fire

hence will you allow all your submission to Christ on the Cross to be wasted in hell-fire because of unforgiveness that is why Paul said "I count everything as loss for the Superior-advantage/benefit of knowing Christ Jesus My Lord" (Phil. 3:7-11)

"But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead." (Phil. 3:7-11)

so, the real truth is that if you believe that you have died with Jesus on the Cross and became replaced by Christ then it is Christ that is now living inside your mortal-body that was insulted and you know that when Christ was insulted he did not insult back("who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously;" 1 Peter 2:23) and he did not bear malice against those who insulted Him("Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.” Luke 23:34) hence you are only permitted to allow Christ live through you by responding to those who insult you as Christ responded to those who insulted HIM.

This is what it means to be born-again through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ thus "Inside Jesus Christ Crucified; we live, move and have our existence" (Acts 17:28)

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:46am On Sep 14, 2020
Mon, September 14, 2020
Topic: Christ Expression ✝️

The Spirit's Word: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 KJV

As Christians, we should say the things that God has said about us. But it is not enough to just say, we must live it. Christ-likeness is not about speaking, but being. We will only be deceiving ourselves when we keep speaking the truths of God's Word, and live a life that is far from it. Yes, we are crucified with Christ. Do you make void the reality of this truth? Many of us quench the spirit of God. We do not let Christ find expression in our lives by the thoughts we keep or harbour in our hearts towards others, or the Words we speak, or the way we live our lives. Our aim is to get better everyday as we make the utmost to live for Him who died for us. I have learned over the years not to take people at their word. A picture paints a thousand words is very true. We live in a world where people can say anything but when push comes to shove, they do the exact opposite. How can Christ ever be revealed in our lives if we don't work at getting better in the way we conduct ourselves. The Bible says: Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. James 4:17. Reading your bible daily won't suffice. Going to church or being a minister of the Gospel won't either. Until we decide to do what Christ would have us do under any circumstance, this is how true transformation begins.

2 Corinthians 3:18 tells us we go from glory to glory as we behold the Word. However, James tells it better. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he's like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. James 1:22‭-‬25. It can be frustrating to expect things to happen, and not comply with godly principles. Even prayer won't do the trick. You can't be praying for God to change you, without sincerity in your heart to be determined to change. He would definitely test you with simple instructions. This way, He will reveal the state of your heart. The Bible clearly warns us that the believer is an enemy of the world and vice versa. 1 John 2:15-16. You must disconnect every desire for worldly affections to be a true candidate of Galatians 2:20. The Spirit of God can't mingle with the spirit of the world. All of us were at one time friends with the world and its lustful desires. There comes a time, you must be truly and sincerely separated. Jesus is not satisfied with 99 percent of you. It's all or nothing. No sane man shares his wife with another man.

Reminder: Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Corinthians 6:17 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Xtianaoghogho(f): 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
Good evening All,
Trust we are all doing well.

If you are in search of a christian website for bible study articles, christian fictions/stories and article on christian lifestyle, then visit Inspiring changes. . The website is www.paulkristie.com
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2020
Tue, September 15, 2020
Topic: Unveiling Mysteries ✝️

The Spirit's Word: For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. I Corinthians 14:2 NKJV

The amplified version uses "secret things and hidden truths'' in the place of mysteries. We all know what a mystery is - something not understood. What is the purpose of tongues? It portrays intimacy with God. It is also a way of the Spirit in helping us to communicate best with God. That which is done in the secret place is kept secret. Dwelling in the secret place of the Most High means He won't hide things from you. Speaking mysteries doesn't mean it is hidden from you. There is a way of unveiling them. If a married person tells one other than their spouse what goes on in their bedroom, they have failed. Our destination in Christ is rest. Isaiah 28:11-12 shows us that tongues is the way to get there. Tongues are the only new gifts of the Holy Spirit that weren't in the Old Testament. This is because Jesus was not yet revealed. Jesus is the real deal. He is the One that seals it all up between God and men. He is to man a perfecter. Now, the opening verse tells us we speak secret things and hidden truths when we speak in tongues. We can go a step or two further. It is not God's will that we be ignorant of what these mysteries which we speak are. In fact, we speak in tongues because the Holy Ghost, who knows the mind of God, and His will for us, knows exactly what to say per time. For this reason, we must desire an interpretation of these secrets. Read 1 Corinthians 2:9-11.

As there is a gift of the interpretation of tongues, don't think it a hard thing for you who speaks in tongue to know what it is you are saying. Rest is simply being free from your labour's and strivings. The Holy Spirit showed me a way to do it. I heard how some of God's generals talked about interpreting their tongues. I decided to try it, and the Holy Spirit dropped it into my spirit what we were praying about. What the Holy spirit made me to grasp was that any issue that I did not yet have a clue to, I should believe to get the answers while I prayed in tongues. As I did, the answers and way out was given to me. Things being downloaded by the Holy Spirit found their way into my mind or consciousness. You can also give it a try. I didn't say you should focus on a problem, but rather if there are ideas you are believing God for, or unanswered questions, be open to Him about it while you pray in tongues. He will give you not only one, but several ideas. We can't make the Holy Spirit pray anything in particular, for the Bible is clear that it is not for us to tell the Holy Spirit what to pray for. Romans 8:26-27. Someone may be dying next to you; if you start speaking in tongues, there is no certainty that the Holy Spirit is praying exactly about that situation. He prays according to the will of God, so don't mistake that truth.

Reminder: Be a lover of God, and there is nothing that would be hidden from you. Read Psalm 25:14.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by NoFapNairaland: 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2020
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2020
Fri, September 18, 2020
Topic: Mighty Men of War ✝️

The Spirit's Word:
Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said, The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, and his word was in my tongue. The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.
2 Samuel 23:1‭-‬3 KJV

After King David's victorious exploits, He gave a summary of what is required for a man to rule. He was speaking under the Anointing of the Holy Ghost. No man was anointed three times like David was and so, He had a measure of the Spirit that no other king had in his days. Even though, he didn't fully live by the principles that the Holy Ghost uttered through his mouth (verse 5), He was a king that all should emulate, in terms of the good, who would be used by God. There were 37 mighty men God gave to David, who helped him in accomplishing all that the Lord purposed for him. We can't do it alone. No man is an island and for this reason, we must be united as a Body. One of the devil's antics is to bring division. Once there is division, the power of God is impeded. We talk about David, the beloved of the Lord. However, the Lord knows it would be a great injustice not to mention those that helped him to win those battles. For this reason, a whole chapter of the Bible was dedicated to them - these mighty men of valour, and their respective feats mentioned. It is not out of place to thank, recognise and honour those who helped you along the way. However, all the glory belongs to God.

How can we relate this to this day? We are not in a physical, but spiritual battle. 2 Corinthians 10:3. Thus, the Holy Ghost saw it proper to mention the truth that we must be just (righteous) and rule in the fear of the Lord. Without these two, we can't conquer anything. The enemy knows this, and that is why he will always make men fall to pride and sin. The fear of the Lord is hating and abstaining from every single thing God detests. It is living a life that pleases God. It is not enough to claim the gift of righteousness, but we must live it. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 1 John 3:7. God has emotions. He can be hurt, as well as pleased. How can you face the enemy when he has something in you? If these 37 were not loyal to King David, what could he have achieved? It took one man, Judas, to betray Jesus and ended His ministry on earth. If we, are not loyal, faithful and submitted to Christ our Lord, how can we, with Him, prevail against the enemy. For this reason, many don't live a fulfilled and victorious life. No matter what whoever preaches out there, if there is sin in your life, it is a stumbling blocking. The Bible warns never to give place to the enemy. Ephesians 4:27.

Reminder: Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
2 Corinthians 2:11 KJV.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:37am On Sep 19, 2020
Sat, September 19, 2020
Topic: Partakers of God ✝️

The Spirit's Word:
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2 Peter 1:3‭-‬4 KJV

I love the opening verses. It's so powerful. God has made us share in His divine nature. Divine nature means the life of God being lived on earth, in this mortal body. A life free from corruption; that won't perish or succumb to the decadence already in the world. It's a life of glory and power. Anything is possible according to His will. It is lust that brings about corruption, and revelation that delivers this blessedness to us. Apostle John summarised the three deathly powers of the world in: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. 1 John 2:16. These are Satan's wiles and devices. He uses these three in bringing men down. Every believer must be aware of these manipulative arsenal of darkness. There is no void in life. Every empty space must be filled up. Matthew 12:43-45. If we don't fill up our lives with God, the enemy will fill it up for us. We've got to be responsible for our own lives. Our eyes and ears can put us in trouble. We must hear only things related to God. We must also only see visuals that can only build us up. Don't feed your lust. We must be intentional with our thoughts, words, and actions.

No one has attained to God's best for them. There is always a next phase of glory or virtue. We don't stop growing in revelation of God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Even in heaven, eternity can't suffice to know all there is to Him. For this reason, we must be diligent with studies that reveal the Lord continually. No better person than the Holy Ghost. John 16:13-15. This is the wisest thing any man can do and it is for our profiting. Seeking God is a lifelong venture. Don't be ever satisfied with that minuscule knowledge you have of Him. It doesn't matter the grace that has been multiplied in your life, never feel fulfilled. There are depths of God no man has entered into. This must be our purpose, before any individual calling. God is love and light. Hence, loving Him and our neighbours should never be tiring or exhausting. Also, discovering more light about His nature, will, character, etc., should never be a thing we take lightly. The purpose of these pursuit is not for what we can get, but our love for Him. There is no one who truly loves another, that wouldn't care to know all there is to know about them. We are in a love relationship with God. The more we know Him, the more we are able to love.

Reminder: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
1 Peter 1:23 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
"When the Feast was already half over, Jesus went up into the temple [court] and began to teach.
15 The Jews were astonished. They said, How is it that this Man has learning [is so versed in the sacred Scriptures and in theology] when He has never studied?
16 Jesus answered them by saying, My teaching is not My own, but His Who sent Me.
17 If any man desires to do His will (God’s pleasure), he will know (have the needed illumination to recognize, and can tell for himself) whether the teaching(I share) is from God or whether I am speaking from Myself and of My own accord and on My own authority.
18 He who speaks on his own authority seeks to win honor for himself. [He whose teaching originates with himself seeks his own glory.] But He Who seeks the glory and is eager for the honor of Him Who sent Him, He is true; and there is no unrighteousness or falsehood or deception in Him."
(John 7:14-18)
If you want to discern whether anybody who shares the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified is *genuine* check whether he/she is trying to praise himself/herself or draw people to himself/herself or attract people to his/her own denomination or open his/her own church/fellowship
OR
He/she wants to lead himself/herself and those who listen or encounter his/her teachings to *FOLLOW JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED ONLY AS THE SON OF GOD AND THE ONLY MEANS OF HUMAN SALVATION*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
"In Him(Christ Jesus Crucified) you also who have heard the Word of Truth, the glad tidings (Gospel) of your salvation, and have believed in and adhered to and relied on Him, were stamped with the seal of the long-promised Holy Spirit.

14 That [Spirit] is the guarantee of our inheritance [the first-fruits, the pledge and foretaste, the down payment on our heritage], in anticipation of its full redemption and our acquiring [complete] possession of it—to the praise of His glory."

(Ephesians 1:13-14 AMPC)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:12pm On Sep 19, 2020
"I dictated a covenant (an agreement) to my eyes; how then could I look [lustfully] upon a girl?
2 For what portion should I have from God above [if I were lewd], and what heritage from the Almighty on high?
3 Does not calamity [justly] befall the unrighteous, and disaster the workers of iniquity?
4 Does not [God] see my ways and count all my steps?
5 If I have walked with falsehood or vanity, or if my foot has hastened to deceit—
6 Oh, let me be weighed in a just balance and let Him weigh me, that God may know my integrity!"
(Job 31:1-6 AMPC)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:02am On Sep 20, 2020
Sun, September 20, 2020
Topic: Act Like It ✝️

The Spirit's Word:
Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Psalms 100:2 KJV

Because thou servedst not the Lord thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things; Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies... Deuteronomy 28:47‭-‬48 KJV

Some people love the praises and opinions of men more than any other thing. They would do anything to be noticed or seen by men. This is a form of bondage. They always want people to talk or say something about their body language. It's an inferiority complex. We are not called to be conscious of people's opinions but of God. This set of people may be brethren, or leaders in the Church. They do things so people can form a line of enquiry. They are modern day pharisees, who love to be approved by men. Matthew 23:5. God is good. It doesn't matter your experiences - good or bad. That you are alive is proof of His goodness. Don't wear a countenance that discredit God's goodness. You may have had terrible experiences. You are not the only one. Many have, and many will. Don't always look to man to share your story of how you have seen this, and that like God forsook you, in other to receive sympathy or praise from men. God is not pleased with such an attitude. The opening verses tell us to serve God with gladness, not sorrow. As far as God is concerned, there is a curse that follows whoever will not serve Him with joyfulness of heart for the abundance of all things.

We must see from God's perspective. The Bible is replete with men of God who went through ""hell" and back. Paul had a special call to suffer for the Name of Jesus Christ. Acts 9:16. However, he was the one that told us to rejoice always. Philippians 4:4, 1 Thessalonians 5:16,18. There are some who would never join in congregational singing or dancing. In the house of God, they just put up a front to be different from others. They just want people to notice them, and so give an impression that God is not deserving of their outward show of His praise. Shyness or timidity is not from God. We must never be shy to praise Him. We must never be proud too. Don't put your opinions above the worship of God. The enemy is always there waiting for you to fall short. We must always act like God has been good to us. Truly, He has been good to us. His goodness is to all. It is written: That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:45. I've had thoughts of God keeping back the sun from shining, or the rain from falling for a period of time. It isn't something anyone should be looking forward to. For this reason, quit wearing that look that makes people ask you what is wrong all the time.

Reminder: in every situation, you are still better off than another. A living dog is better than a dead lion. Ecclesiastes 9:4.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by WarCat: 6:27am On Sep 21, 2020
Friendly reminder to all that Salvation is by Faith Only is Christ alone.

There is no other way. It's also Once Saved, Always Saved, becase you can't lose everlasting life, it goes on forever once you receive it by faith. If you could lose it, that would be temporary life, not everlasting life. Jesus Christ promised us eternal life, a life that can't end to those who believe.

Ask Jesus to save you if you were not 100% sure if you were going to heaven or not.

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2020
Mon, September 21, 2020
Topic: More Given, Little Taken ✝️

The Spirit's Word:
And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given. For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath. Mark 4:24‭-‬25 KJV

The above statement was made by Jesus. Many Christians find this aspect of His speech incomprehensible. Do you think it's unfair or unjust? Let's not forget the Lord told us never to cast our pearls before swine, nor what is holy to dogs. Matthew 7:6. The principles of the Kingdom of God is for as many who can accept it. There is the doctrine of election. Heaven is not for all. It is sad, but true. God wants all men to be saved, but not all men want this. Before He made the above statement, He had been teaching the people about the Kingdom. However, He taught them in riddles or parables. He also told His disciples that the truth is available to them who are within, while the outsiders will have it only when they are ready for it. Many follow Jesus for what they can get from Him. He chided the multitude for persisting with Him because He fed them with bread. John 6:26. Many are in the Church, but have no spirituality. Paul calls them: Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2 Timothy 3:7. Until the heart is right, there is no reformation. Until our motives are pure, there can be no transformation or fruitfulness. It's the reason many have been in Christ, and are yet to see any materialisation.

Saying something to two people can be heard differently. He told us to be careful of what we hear. It's not everyone that attends a Bible conference that will get a hundredfold harvest. Some may come out of that place worse that they got there in the first place. We must make sure our hearts are not twisted. Remove every form of guile or deceit. Don't be critical of truth. Don't assume a posture of a readiness to argue with truth. It is not profitable at all. Jesus says we must accept the kingdom like little children before we can enter into it. Luke 18:16. Little children don't question what they are told. We can't take some scriptures and reject another. They are one and the same. It is the same Lord that inspired all scriptures. Recall the Israelites were always rebellious towards God, and He made their eyes shut, and their ears waxed so they may not perceive the truth and be converted. Isaiah 6:9-10. We also had some Israelites Kings who ruled with perfect hearts, and some without a perfect heart. With the right heart, you would definitely feel after God and seek Him. Acts 17:27. He will never withhold anything good when you truly come after Him. The state of your heart matters a lot to God. Don't keep asking vain questions like God is a mystery, or an enigma that can never be understood. That's not a good heart.

Reminder:...that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Romans 1:19‭-‬20 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:06am On Sep 22, 2020
Tue, September 22, 2020
Topic: God's Backing ✝️

The Spirit's Word:
And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.
Exodus 4:15‭, ‬17 KJV

We must recognise that God is on the look out for men who would do His will on earth. Once God finds one who is ready, like Isaiah said, "here am I, send me", He will back that person with all that is required to bring that mission to His perfect will. God can't work outside faith. For this reason, we have some who've had spiritual encounters. These encounters, like Moses and the burning Bush, are for those who have a high calling, that your faith alone in the Scriptures may not suffice. He appears to men and women to make sure they see and believe. You can't doubt what you see. Even an illusion appears real, let alone the real image. By all means, God will do all that it takes to get your faith at its peak. Moses was the one to deliver the children of Israel from Egypt. He would have to contend with all the forces of darkness, and the Pharaoh who could have him killed just by a word. Ecclesiastes 8:4. Hence, God had to ensure Moses knew with all certainty that He had his back. Make no mistake, we walk by faith and not by sight. Moreover, there are experiences that we have never imagined that could come up in the course of our mission. Encounters are God's way to instill courage.

We all know that God doesn't appear to everyone. It is not that He can't or doesn't want to. I have discovered that those who, without supernatural encounters, yet follow up with God as though they've had encounters, are most pleasing to God. God is pleased with men who continue with Him, even though they haven't seen Him. Apostle Peter said: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1 Peter 1:7‭-‬8. Don't wait for encounters. Keep believing and trusting God. He has your back. If you get encounters, that's great and precious. However, to whom much is given, much more will be required. Luke 12:48. The Word of God will never fail. As long as you do what is required in His Word, according to how He designed the pattern, His Word is more sure than any encounter. And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount. Exodus 25:40.

Reminder: And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:19‭-‬21 NKJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ubebong(m): 6:26am On Sep 23, 2020
A Christian channel for daily upliftment and encouragement

Good morning Christian family�

Please kindly subscribe to a gospel channel����....

Click this link and it will take you to the channel page

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkhUa2U1U-jI8A87m2vbeHQ?sub_confirmation=1

*Subscription is free*

God bless you..
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Wed, September 23, 2020
Topic: Sexual Sins ✝️

The Spirit's Word:
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
1 Corinthians 6:18 KJV

Fornication, adultery, and sexual perversion are sins that connects one to demons. It gives demons the right to invade your body which is the temple of God. The temple of God must be holy at all times. We have to understand that God needs permission to work in and with us. We are responsible for what happens to our bodies. The enemy only wants to desecrate man, and make him unusable by God. Your body is a house, and a city. Matthew 5:14. When you allow these sins, you automatically join yourself to these demons, who become strangers and aliens that infiltrate your system. These demons have one mission: steal, kill, and destroy. You grant them unrestricted access. When God tells us not to indulge in these sins, it is for our own good. The Holy Ghost is both with and in us. But He will not abide in us, and cohabit with devils. Neither will he drive them out for you, because the same way you granted Him access, is the same way you grant these devils. When we grant these aliens permission, He has no other choice but to leave. For this reason, the doctrine of sanctification is crucial. Many don't want to hear messages on sanctification, but we have to cooperate with God.

Cooperating with God is to live a life of holiness and righteousness. There is nothing clean or holy about demons. They are repugnant, stinking, desecrating, and less than the scum of the earth. They are called unclean spirits for that reason. Many people will not stay in a house where someone has defecated openly. But what we fail to understand is that, when we commit these sins against our bodies, the enemy comes in to pollute everything within. The kind of visions I used to see when the Holy Ghost started a sanctification work in my life astonished me. Many people don't realise that grace can't replace sanctification. Grace only replaced the righteousness of the law. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. John 1:17. God is holy. He expects us to be holy. If it was impossible, He wouldn't have asked us to be holy. 1 Peter 1:16. Don't have that mindset that you have to yield to these sins from time to time. For this reason, we are told to renew our minds. We've got to believe the Word above popular opinions. People assume as a result of their personal experiences. The first step to living this life of holiness is to believe it is possible. Then trust the Holy Spirit to work on you, while you cooperate with Him. If you are still living a life that's not conscious of the abiding presence of the Holy Ghost, you are far from living a holy life.

Reminder: Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
James 4:8 KJV. Read Psalm 51:7.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Thu, September 24, 2020
Topic: People God ✝️

The Spirit's Word:
The earth is the Lord's , and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
Psalms 24:1 KJV

God is interested in people. He died for people. For this reason, He's also concerned about the vocation people are engaged in. I have heard some men of God give prophecies with respect to sports, and this has raised the eyebrows of some who are not discerning. They say things like, "with all the problems in the world, God chose this topic to speak about''. And for this reason, they lightly esteem such prophecies. Surely, there are fakes out there. However, as long as your vocation doesn't deny, or gainsay the truth of God, He is not against you. Everybody isn't called to religion or the clergy. Don't be too spiritual that you miss the entire purpose of God. God wants to have His people in sports, politics, economics, media, and all other unclerical occupation. He is interested in people, first, before any other thing. Today, we know there are some ungodly jobs such as prostitution, which is completely against the will of God. He still wants to show this set of people His love. God is more interested in bringing about a transformation in your life through His love than through religion or the fear of hell. He is love, and this love is in the direction of people. Angels haven't seen the love of God the way and manner God has demonstrated it towards man. Hebrews 1:5.

It is good a man identifies His calling. We have been gifted in many ways, and also in diverse manifestations. Never see one calling as more important than another. With God, there is no competition. If you chose to bring competition, or contempt, then the principle of "first shall be last" will hold strong in your life. It's the way of God, because when you make yourself the least, He exalts and promotes you. However, when you make yourself the first, and think everyone else is doing something that isn't as special as what you are doing, then He makes you last. Don't be like those that say they love God with their mouths, but despise people with their words and actions. It's pure deceit. Loving God is loving people. There is no action God will instruct a man to do, that isn't towards the benefit of people. If God tells you to sow a seed or give a sacrificial offering, He isn't the One to benefit from that but people. When He tells you to be holy, it is not for His benefit. It still boils down to people. God wants to use a man to reach people. You cry for power and glory. Who will you use it to minister to, if not people. The best life is one that is void of selfishness. You can start making adjustments in order for your life to be sweet towards people. This is what pleases God. Loving God, and loving people are two separate commandments, but totally tied together. Keeping one alone can't suffice.

Reminder: Treat others as you want them to treat you. This is what the Law and the Prophets are all about. Matthew 7:12 CEV

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
"But I tell you, on the day of judgment men will have to give account for every idle (inoperative, nonworking) word they speak. For by your words you will be justified and acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced." (Matthew 12:36-37)

"For the *grace of God has appeared to all human being*, bringing salvation for all people, this same grace trains/teaches us how to renounce/resist/reject ungodliness/sin/temptations and worldly passions/thoughts/desires/imaginations, and this same grace teaches/trains us how to live self-controlled, righteous, and holy lives in this present age(world/generation/country/marriage/job/business/talents/skills/offices/vocation/unmarried-state), this same grace teaches/trains how to wait for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. Declare these things; exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you." (Titus 2:11-15)

Let all of us always pray for this grace and use this grace each moment of our lives then we shall remain without sin till our biological death or the second coming of Jesus Christ and become a vessel usable for the glory of God on this earth till eternity.

There is no level that you attain in your relationship with Jesus Christ Crucified that you do not need to humble yourself always to approach the throne of grace to obtain mercy and have grace to help in times of need (Hebrews 4:16) because each second that ticks on earth is a time of need whether you are in affluence or in physical lack, whether you are currently passing through unbearable situations in human calculations or happy moments.

When our words, thoughts, actions, fashion and deeds begin to arouse sexual immorality or begin to engage our minds or other parts of our bodies in different activities and decisions without seeking to know whether they are *pleasing to Jesus Christ Crucified; Our SAVIOUR* then we need to check whether we are still heading towards Heaven or Hell-fire ?

"But as for the cowards and the ignoble and the contemptible and the cravenly lacking in courage and the cowardly submissive, and as for the unbelieving and faithless, and as for the depraved and defiled with abominations, and as for murderers and the sexual-immoral and adulterous and the practicers of magic arts and the idolaters (those who give supreme devotion to anyone or anything other than God) and all liars (those who knowingly convey untruth by word or deed)—[all of these shall have] their part in the lake that blazes with fire and brimstone. This is the second death." (Revelation 21:8 )

"But nothing that defiles or profanes or is unwashed shall ever enter it(Heaven), nor anyone who commits abominations (unclean, detestable, morally repugnant things) or practices falsehood, but only those whose names are recorded in the Lamb’s Book of Life." (Revelation 21:27)

"So then, brethren, we are debtors, but *not to the flesh [we are not obligated to our carnal nature/immoral-jokes- thoughts/words/fashion/business/relationships/activities/lifestyle], to live [a life ruled by the standards set up by the dictates] of the flesh.* For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die(eternal damnation in hell-fire). But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." (Romans 8:12-14)

"For if we searchingly examined ourselves [detecting our shortcomings and recognizing our own condition], we should not be judged and penalty decreed [by the divine judgment]. But when we [fall short and] are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined and chastened, so that we may not [finally] be condemned [to eternal punishment along] with the world." (1 Corinthian 11:31-32)
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
You do not worship God, with your free-will or in your own method like Adam because it will lead you to doing what Adam did (disobedience to God's instructions) but God has given us *His own free-will* through the LIFE of His Only begotten Son Jesus Christ who He offered to us on the Cross *as a replacement/exchange for our old-self* so that we can *have God's free-will to worship God as Jesus did when He was on earth* such that the Father gave this testimony at His baptism and transfiguration "This is my beloved Son in whom *I am well pleased, listen/follow HIM*" (Matthew 3:17, 17:5) hence anything that anybody is doing to impress himself or other human beings or even trying to impress God is *displeasing to God* as long as it is not *Jesus doing it through you* no matter how *spiritualised it appears to that person or to the whole world appreciating such things*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:43am On Sep 25, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Fri, September 25, 2020
Topic: Not Beyond You ✝️

The Spirit's Word:
For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Hebrews 12:3‭-‬4 KJV

Whenever you are going through temptations, trials, tribulation, or persecution, always remember this Scripture. As long as it hasn't reached the point of life and death, it is not beyond you. You can be victorious. We have Jesus as our example. As a man, it was Him alone against the world. He didn't yield to the many contradictions that faced Him headlong. He got to the point of life and death, and chose the later just because of us. There is nothing that can ever happen to a man that God hasn't given us control over. The Lord told us to be of good cheer, as He overcame the world. John 16:33. This Scripture is for us. God is God any day, and anytime. We must take His Word for the truth that it is. We can go past excuses we make everyday. We can be victorious everyday. This is not to deny the troubles. There is no Christian that wouldn't face troubles in this world. The world only loves its own. We are not of the world. It is a proof that you belong to God, when the world kicks against you, and we have what it takes to resist. When we put up a fight, we can be sure that we will be strengthened. This is one of the ways God can promote us. Every level, and realm has its own opposition.

Life is not a bed of roses. In as much as we confess the scriptures that appeal to us, we must never live a life of illusions where we believe bad things don't happen. I always tell people, we must be as watchful and sensitive as possible. Before a sickness comes, there is first, a symptom, then another. Don't give room for the fiery dart of the enemy to gain full penetration. Once you notice the smallest problem, that's the time to resist. It is better to kill a snake that has only its head in the hedge, that for the snake to completely enter into the building. Always rise up to the occasion. You're first a watchman to yourself, before others. God will never leave you completely oblivious to what the enemy is about to do. That's far from His nature. For this reason, we are told to watch and pray. What many don't realise is that Jesus places watching before praying. If your watching is accurate, you will know how, and when to pray. Let it not be that your praying is just throwing blows in the air. Everything isn't automatic. For this reason, there is efficiency and effectiveness of process. To be effective spiritually, we must really understand what happens in the spiritual realm.

Reminder: Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 1 Peter 5:8‭-‬9 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2020
Trinity -- Introduction
The historic teaching of the Church is that there is one God who exists in three Persons -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This teaching has come to be called the Trinity doctrine.

Shortly after the New Testament was completed, some began to think that it made more sense to believe that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are really three manifestations of the same Person appearing in different modes. This doctrine has come to be called Modalism. In the last century, a modern form of Modalism is often called the 'Oneness' or 'Jesus only' doctrine.

.....CONTD on https://christjesuscrucified./?s=trinity
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Preetti(f): 8:34am On Sep 26, 2020
Good morning, please who can shed more light on proverbs 21 vs 9 and 19, I was reading it this morning and I'm wondering if it's only men that deal with quarrels and complaining in the confinements of a marriage
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2020
Preetti:
Good morning, please who can shed more light on proverbs 21 vs 9 and 19, I was reading it this morning and I'm wondering if it's only men that deal with quarrels and complaining in the confinements of a marriage

Hello there.

Of course, it isn't only men, nor does either of those verses teach that it is. It singles men out specifically because men are the heads of homes.

To explain, for those who aren't in a position to lead, it may be easy to think that you can impose your will on others and everything will be just fine, but anyone who has ever led anyone knows that the responsibility in leading is heavy indeed and not easy at all to manage.

Imagine a man who loves his wife and wishes to live in peace with her but finds her contentious and vexing. It is hard to display affection toward such a woman without encouraging her behavior. It is also very hard to correct that behavior without losing affection for her. Additionally, since he is the head of the home, he is responsible for her and their children to the Lord. These are really difficult things to handle.

You will notice also that in the New Testament, men are roundly commanded not to divorce their wives except for sexual immorality, so that if you have a difficult wife at home, it is not sufficient reason to dissolve the marriage. So, such a man ends up in a state of near-perpetual tribulation.

On the other hand, a woman who is being abused by a high-handed husband may leave her husband (cf 1 Corinthians 7:11), although neither man nor woman is allowed by the Bible to remarry in the event of a separation or divorce.

So, there is greater responsibility on the man in the eyes of the Lord. Those two verses you mention were only sympathising with men in that regard. That is not to say that there is no application possible to women in similar situations with a husband, but as I have said, the woman can leave if she is being abused, provided she does not remarry, whereas the man cannot.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2020
twoMcfemad:
Good day all,

I need Sunday school manual / teaching guide for teenagers. Anyone with it should please share. Thanks and God bless

Hello there.

Depending on the ages of the teenagers, you could try any of the following links:

https://bibleacademyonline.com/omo/childrens-lessons-2/suggested-sequence-of-study/

https://bibleacademyonline.com/omo/adult/bible-training/basic-bible/
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2020
Sat, September 26, 2020
Topic: Whose I am ✝️

The Spirit's Word:
For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve, Acts 27:23 KJV

In Christianity, we don't talk about self, but who owns us. We are bought with a price, which is the blood of Jesus Christ. Paul could boast about who owns him, because God will never fail those who obey Him. The issue is not about making a name for yourself,but proclaiming God and His Word. The day we receive Jesus into our lives, what happened was an agreement to no longer live for self but for Him. It would be a struggle when you still live for self, and expect God to do something about your situation. Paul had this to say: For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. Colossians 3:3. We are called to live a hidden life of self, but demonstrate the glorious life of Christ in us. Can you boldly say what Paul said: whose I am? How yielded or surrendered are you to God? For all the things Paul suffered, it didn't stop him from doing what God called him to do. And then, he finished his race, and that was when he was martyred. 2 Timothy 4:7. We can choose to deceive our hearts by thinking it doesn't matter, we all belong to God. Yes, we all belong to God, but you can still end up a frustrated Christian if you don't let God find complete expression through you.

Galatians 2:20 says we are crucified with Christ. It means we are dead, but alive only in Him. To be alive in Christ, is to have your will surrendered to Him, because the old you died. In Him we live, move and have our being. What does this tell us? Only in Him; according to His will, purpose, and character can we live a successful life. It is now Christ alive in you. So, we can say that we belong to Him, and at the same time have His testimony that we are his'. When God speaks once, it is both to the spiritual, then to the physical. For this reason, we hear twice. Psalm 62:11. We must think what He wants, and not what we want. That's how to live a surrendered life. Don't be caught up in your own issues, apart from Christ. That's a life of mediocrity. Let Christ always find expression through you, over and over again. Even when men disappoint and hurt you, that's the best time to rise up to the occasion. Without a setback, how can you show or prove that you have the nature of Christ. The essence of Christ is to show God's goodness, grace and mercy in a dark, evil and wicked world. He was called Christ on earth. Jesus is not going to save anyone in heaven, for they don't need salvation. When next you say, "I belong to Jesus", back it up with total submission.

Reminder: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. 2 Corinthians 5:15 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ubebong(m): 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
You cannot hurry God to work. A powerful Christian motivational video .. Watch, share and subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d9PMgAhzJc

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.