Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,958 members, 7,952,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:01 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (718) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (876952 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Yahksbiz(m): 2:01am On Aug 23, 2020
my candid preaching to nairalanders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xfAAuWe6Ww
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Sun, August 23, 2020
Topic: I Know God ✝️

The Spirit's Word: This is consistent with what was written: “ The one who brags should brag in the Lord! ” 1 Corinthians 1:31 CEB

Today's topic is one that is bold and not out of pride, but intimacy. I have heard some statements that baffles like, '' we can't know if we are truly serving God, only God knows who is truly serving Him''. If you are truly serving Him, you ought to know. Christianity is no longer a mystery. Colossians 1:26. Christianity is about fellowship and intimacy with God. We are taken into depths, and heights, and width, and breadth of His love. This requires time and effort. Most importantly, our hearts, minds, and strength must be focused on Him. God is love. 1 John 4:8. It may amount to nothing if we do all these without love for Him. The whole idea is to grow in our love, walk, and fellowship with Him. If we don't obey Him, it means we don't love Him. My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 1 John 3:18. You can see that just saying ''I love God" when we haven't obeyed Him is pointless. False words and they that propagate them are altogether weightless.

Can you say you know God? Surely, God knows everyone. He made all things, and is omniscient. However, He told us He would deny some on that last day. "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity". Matthew 7:23. We may deceive man, but we can't deceive ourselves nor God. God is never mocked, no matter how hard you try to mock Him. It is His desire that His children can boast of Him - in knowledge, and truth. We ought to be faithful to Him that saved and washed us. God did for us what was naturally impossible by becoming just like us - Him dying and paying the price which we could never pay by our own effort. God looks for a sincere lot, even among his own flock. Don't forget the flock is made up of sheep and goats. Matthew 25:33. In as much as we'll all be saved by grace, the goats will still receive chastisement and judgment before being admitted into heaven. If you knew the tenderness, and transparency of the Lord, you would never dream or imagine being on his left hand. You can still make things right. Desire to know Him more, and when you do, He will reveal to you what would keep you faithful to Him.

Reminder: For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord , to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Genesis 18:19 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
Hearing the Voice of God
One of the most amazing benefits of being a child of God is that we have the ability to actually hear and discern His voice. If you are a Christian, it is your birthright gift! In John 10:27, Jesus says, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” So Jesus had an expectation that we would listen to His voice. However, many of us never get quiet enough to hear Him! It’s important that we regularly quiet ourselves and fix our hearts on Him (Heb. 12:2).

God can speak to you in many different ways. It might come as a thought, a memory, a picture, or a verse from the Bible that pops into your mind. When we refer to hearing from the Lord, that does not necessarily mean that you hear an audible voice. It is a way of referring to the Lord showing you something and you receiving what He is communicating to you. At Mercy, we teach the residents that there are four main ways the Lord speaks, or communicates, with us.

The first is what we refer to as His still, small voice. Often this is referred to as our conscience, or that voice in our head that redirects or challenges us when we are struggling with making a poor decision. That still, small voice is the Holy Spirit speaking to our hearts.

The second way the Lord may speak is through an impression. These are thoughts that come to mind that we do not intentionally think on our own. These thoughts seem to fall quietly as we become aware of them. Some examples of this may be an inclination to do something for someone that we did not think of on our own or a memory coming to mind that we have not thought about in a long time.

Another way the Lord speaks is through themes that are confirmed over and over again. Sons and daughters who receive from the Lord in this way will begin to recognize the Lord speaking a specific theme to them—such as forgiveness—and will see it in many ways and places. For example, in one morning an individual would overhear a conversation about this theme and then see a billboard with this theme across it. Then he or she would receive a flier in the mail and then read two Bible verses on forgiveness! The theme would seem to be everywhere, because the Lord is not afraid to repeat Himself or confirm what He is speaking when one of His children is willing to be open and aware.

Lastly, the Lord can speak to us through pictures, sometimes referred to as visions or dreams. This area can often sound a bit weird or even spooky, but is a legitimate and significant way God uses to speak to His children. This way of receiving from the Lord is often found in sons and daughters who are creative and imaginative. They see pictures easily and may receive dreams from the Lord while they sleep as well. These pictures may not always make sense right away, but the Lord is faithful to reveal what He is speaking through prayer.

It’s important that we understand our uniqueness as sons and daughters of God when we begin to discern the ways that the Lord speaks to us. Any parent of more than one child would agree that each of their children is unique in the way they are designed, the way they communicate and learn, and the way they connect with them as parents. It is the same thing for us as daughters and sons of God. He has made us uniquely, and therefore the way we will connect with Him and hear from Him will be unique.

Some good questions to ask yourself when discerning how you most readily receive from the Lord would be: In what ways do you most easily connect with the Lord? Is it during Bible reading, in worship, or out in nature? Are you someone who sees pictures when you are communicating to someone, or do you see words? Have you ever had a thought come to mind and wondered if it was from the Lord? Perhaps an impression? What did He speak to you or show you during that moment?

You may wonder how you are supposed to know if you have heard from the Lord. There are a couple of key ways that can help you to know more clearly whether or not you have heard or received something from Him:

It is confirmed in the Word and by God’s character. If what God speaks to you does not line up with truth from the Bible or God’s nature (He is good, holy, just, pure, etc.), you can throw it out! It’s important to remember that when the Lord communicates with us, His voice always brings hope, life, and love.

It is confirmed by the fruit it produces. Does the word you think you are hearing from God produce inside of you the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control)? Or does it produce fear, discouragement, and confusion? If what you are hearing is from the Lord, the fruit will always be good fruit from the Holy Spirit.

We encourage you to write down the things you hear and ask Him to confirm to you whether or not those things were from Him. This may come from experiencing a sense of peace when you read back over what you have written. It is also helpful to seek out the wisdom and perspective of godly Christian leaders in your life when you are learning the ways you receive from the Lord and growing in your confidence in this area of your personal relationship with Him.

Questions for God
Choose one question daily from the list below. If you are prayer journaling, write it at the top of the page, ask it in prayer and then begin writing out what the Lord begins to show you. It could be a scripture, a word, a picture, a song lyric, a sentence or a paragraph. Once you feel that you have received what He had to show you, thank Him for communicating with you and continue the conversation!

What are some things that you like about me, Lord?

How do you see me when you look at me, Lord?

If we could take a vacation together where would we go and why?

Of all my shoes, Father, which are your favorites?

When you look into the future of my life, what is something you are excited about for me?

Is there any particular lie that I am still believing that you would like to have me break in prayer today, Lord?

What is your truth that you want me to receive?

What words of encouragement do you have for me today, Lord?

Is there any encouragement that you would like for me to give to someone else? Who?

Zephaniah 3:17 says, “You sing over me, Lord.” What song are you singing over me today, Lord?

Authored by "mercymultiplied.com"
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
SEX EDUCATION FROM THE BIBLE
Genesis 34 Rape - Prevention and recommendation
"Mummy, what is rape?"
Me: cracking my brain
My daughter asked me this question when she was about five years old after we had read the story of Dinah the daughter of Jacob in Gen 34 where the word "rape" was first mentioned in the Bible.

What were the circumstances surrounding this first rape incident? Jacob bought land from the family of Hamor in the land of Canaan and settled his family there. Remember he was just arriving from Paddan Aram where he had been living with his mother's family for over 20 years.

As they settled, his only daughter probably got bored of staying home with her brothers and decided to go mingle with other girls of the land, and from there she landed on Shechem's bed and was raped!

Too many lessons for one story.
❤First, we can help and teach our daughters how to keep themselves safe from the predator/rapist. The rapist is not in our circle of control, but our children are.

Dinah was obviously idle and bored with staying home, compare her with Rebekah and Rachel who were busy with their father's business and met their husbands in the line of duty.

Some children are introverts while others are extroverts and can't be kept home for too long. In whichever category your child belongs to, here is what to do to keep.their mind preoccupied with the positive.

��Get your children - teenagers gainfully involved in profitable ventures such as learning of skills and doing business, this is an all-time boredom killer, and they won't begin to think of where to go and who to look for.
Dinah strayed into the den of the predator. The truth is that there are certain areas that are known to be notorious or are likely places girls can easily be attacked.

��Teach your daughters to avoid such notorious areas, lonely areas, night waka, ungodly parties and sleepovers where their drinks can be drugged, and so on.

��Teach your child not to follow anyone to their home or any hidden place for any reason, I remember a 9-year-old girl that was raped because she followed the man to his house to collect money for her mother.

��Teach your children how to mix up with the right pack of friends who share similar values. Many girls lost their virginity because they made friends with the wrong set whose values don't match with theirs. What was Dinah doing with the girls of the land?

�They might have lured her into Shechem's abode.
�They might have connived with themselves and probably drugged her drink.
�They might have convinced her to agree to marry the guy when it was against their family values and beliefs.

‼It is very true that the girls who don't have sexual purity as a value, envy those who have, and won't relent until they make them lose their purity.

��Teach your child what to do in the case of an attack - scream, push, fight, kick, run, and most importantly REPORT. Your home atmosphere will determine if your child will report abuse cases.

��Just in case the rapist had his way, then learn a lesson from Dinah's brothers - justice must be sought for the child, the rapist must be brought to book with a befitting punishment enough to warn other intending rapists.

In summary, the only two antidotes to the rape culture in our society are - ❗sexuality education at home ❗and justice for the rape victim and against the rapist.

Happy Sunday
To the sexual purity of your child��
©Chinyere Obinna
Parent-child sex educator
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:47pm On Aug 23, 2020
The Scripture as a basic tool for discerning voices speaking to you:

Any advice on hearing God’s voice must invariably begin with what God has already revealed in Scripture. I am not saying this because I feel some religious duty to preface my “real” advice with a courtesy nod to the Bible. I can truly say that, for me personally, the most common way I have heard God’s voice and sensed God’s leading in my life is through the Scriptures. In fact, most of what is written in this book has come from what God has shown me as I have meditated on His Word.

The Scriptures are always speaking to anyone who will take the time to meditate on them. If you say you desire to hear God’s voice yet have no desire to read the Bible, you are fooling yourself. The Scriptures ring with the pitch, the tone, the rhythm, and the meter of God’s voice. You will learn to recognise His voice as you cultivate a deep, abiding love for what God has already said in His written Word. God has gone to great lengths to preserve His Word. Many righteous men and women have paid a dear price, even with their blood, so that we could have the Scriptures. If you are not interested enough in what God has already said to take the time to read His Word, then why should He say anything else to you?

I sent an e-mail to one of my staff members recently with detailed instructions on something that needed to be done. He came back to me right away asking for clarification. It was obvious to me that he had not taken the time to read my e-mail carefully because in it I had already answered all of his questions. Why should I repeat all of my instructions just because he didn’t take the time to read what I had already said? I replied to his questions by simply resending my original e-mail. I think many times we are wondering why God doesn’t speak to us, but it is so simple: He has already spoken, and we have not taken the time to read what He has said. The answers to many of our questions have been sitting right there in front of us all along gathering dust while we cry out to God for a word from heaven.

If the enemy can keep you from God’s Word, he can keep you from God’s voice. If you really want to hear the voice of God speaking, make time every day to meditate upon the Scriptures. Jesus said, “The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63). There is a dimension of supernatural awareness and sensitivity that seems to move to a heightened state in our lives when we simply spend time reading and meditating upon the Word of God. If we learn and know the sound of heaven by reading His Word, we are better able to recognize His voice when He speaks to us personally.

Authored by *cfan.org.uk*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
God still speaks to believers in Christ Jesus Crucified:

Please just answer this question: Since the canon of Scripture is closed, do you believe God still speaks? Because we don’t.” Dr. Rutland reluctantly responded, still not wanting to engage in a debate. “OK,” he said, “I’ll answer your question if you’ll answer mine: Are you or are you not called to preach?”

“Yes, of course, I’m called to preach,” the man shot back. “Then let me ask you,” Dr. Rutland said, “who called you?” The gentleman had no reply. He turned his face to the window and never spoke to Dr. Rutland again for the rest of the trip.

Hearing the voice of God is one of the most basic and most profound secrets to discovering God’s will for your life. In fact, without the ability to hear God’s voice, knowing His will would actually be impossible. God speaks to people through a myriad of different means and methods, but many simply don’t realise it. My friend, whether you know it or not, God is speaking to you, and your ability to recognise His voice is not only the key to discovering His will, but it is also the key to staying in His will for the rest of your life. Hearing the voice of God is not only possible for the child of God; it is absolutely imperative to listen to and be led by that voice!

Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke said, “It would be hard to find a line of Scripture on which to build a doctrine of a silent God. It is not at all the Bible picture. People called on God because that is how they knew Him—a God who can be heard. A silent heaven is frightening: ‘If you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit,’ the Psalmist cried (Psalm 28:1). . . . In 1 Corinthians, Paul also contrasts ‘dumb idols’ (1 Corinthians 12:2) with the vocal gifts of the Spirit, tongues, prophecy, and interpretation, the word of knowledge and the word of wisdom. These utterances are God’s gifts, typical of God who speaks.”

Jesus said, “But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers” (John 10:25, NKJV). If we are a part of His flock, we have all been called by the voice of the Good Shepherd, and the voice that called us to salvation is the same voice that must lead us throughout our lives.

Authored by *cfan.org.uk*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UmehzEmmanuel(m): 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
DAILY ⓂANNA

SATURDAY 22ND AUGUST,2020

NO SHAME IN RIGHTEOUSNESS
TEXT:PSALM 119:1-8

KEY VERSE:
Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments" (PSALM 119:6).

We live in an evil dominated world where all forms of unrighteousness are projected and celebrated. People commit all sorts of atrocities without any shame. Those days when people seem to cherish a good name and protect family pride and integrity appear to have been forgotten. Instead, immorality, nudity, promiscuity, cheating, dishonesty, etc., are all esteemed under the guise of being smart, civilised and exposed.

Our passage today is instructive. Instead of feeling dejected and hanging our heads low, the psalmist makes it clear that the righteous and undefiled are the fortunate ones. They are blessed, favoured and happy. He makes a personal commitment to continue to have respect to the words and commandments of the Lord. Doing this is a sure way to stay away from shame and remain happy in life.

We need to have this same understanding and resolve of the psalmist as well. Our world may want to make us feel that holding on to the sound principles of the word of God that promotes chastity, honesty and uprightness is old fashioned and unpopular. But we must understand that that is the very secret of our inner peace and happiness. When we take a closer look at the lives of those given to recklessness and sinfulness, we see how empty and unfulfilled they are.

Never mind if you seem to be the only upright one in your family, community, place of work or business. Do not be moved if they call you names. The truth really is that they envy your life secretly and wish they can be like you! Let your life remain radiant and hold dearly to the principles of the word of God. Righteousness does not make anyone ashamed; rather, it dignifies. Remain righteous and be happy.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Righteousness dignifies.

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
PSALM 19-23
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:04am On Aug 24, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Mon, August 24, 2020
Topic: Uncertain Riches and True Riches ✝️

The Spirit's Word: Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 1 Timothy 6:17 KJV

I think of all the greats that have come and gone, and how they left their riches for others who never laboured for it. I find it amazing that some toil to get rich, while some others do not even as much as lift up a pen, but they are rich. Riches are so uncertain. It is not to the wise, nor to the strong, nor to men of understanding. It can be futile to labour to be rich. For this reason are riches uncertain: Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven. Proverbs 23:5. It's funny, and I don't think this is a metaphor. Riches will flee from you if you keep pursuing it. The second part of the opening Scripture tells us God has given us "all things" richly to enjoy. If you can know the difference, you would do well. Some fail to acknowledge some things that are weightier than riches, and so they lust after that which they shouldn't lust after. For instance, God has given us divine health which is weightier that riches or wealth, but when you place one above the other which is not, then your life takes an upside down structure.

For those who are rich by the grace of God mustn't be high-minded. If we despise people who aren't as privileged as we are, it is an insult to God who is no respecter of persons. The riches are in your custody to serve God's purpose. Hear the Word of God: For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or... he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity...Romans 12:3‭, ‬6‭-‬8. Riches are a tool for ministry. Some have blamed God for the many poor folks in every nation. However, I have heard of countries that distribute its wealth to everyone in a fair proportion, so that no one lacks the basic necessities of life. This is what God expects from us. Hoarding riches is against God's will. The more we give to those in need, the more the wealth multiplies in our hands.

Reminder: Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by oracle2020(m): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2020
Vanity upon Vanity; saith the preacher is .......... Vanity. Eccl 1 vs 1.Let our major focus in this world not be on temporal things of the world that will eventually fade away, rather, it should be on building eternal life in Heaven. Amend your ways and reconcile with JESUS CHRIST who is truth, the way and life. "For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son, for whosoever believes in Him shall not PERISH but have EVERLASTING LIFE"(John 3 vs 16). Tomorrow may be too late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
Tampering with God's Glory as believers in Christ Jesus Crucified:
"Therefore when Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him king, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone." (John 6:15 NKJV)

Reading from John 6:1-14; we see Jesus reaching out to those who were following HIM through the miracle of multiplied bread for 5000 people excluding women and children.

those of us who are still growing in business, ministry, career, sports, talents, inventions, scientific research, financial-investments e.t.c. who are confess Jesus Christ as LORD and GOD....
When miracles and outstanding manifestations starts showing in our lives....
Are we going to be able to *withdraw from such deification(gifts/titles/positions/names/accolades) of our humanity, correct the wrong mentality of people who will start equating us with GOD, humble ourselves and choose to remain human who still needs the mercy and grace of GOD for each second of our earthly breath as well as decisions/engagements of our lifestyle* ?

Engaging in such deification is what it means to share the glory of God with HIM and it is one of the greatest tool of the devil to destroy *all that a child of God have ever done in his/her service to God through the new creation life of Christ*

Many of us who claim to be children of God through faith in the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross and His resurrection are already guilty of this even as beginners in our different vocations/careers/business/ministries/engagements not to mention a great majority of leaders in the household of Christ....

Let us repent and seek mercy as well as forgiveness from God with a willing heart to submit that garment spotted with the flesh(Jude 1:23) for a complete replacement with the new creation life of Christ at the foot of Jesus Cross through faith in His death and resurrection so that we may not be condemned along with unbelievers thus "For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastised by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world." (1 Corinthian 11:31-32 NKJV)

Father, we have noticed our misbehavior in daring to share your glory with you hence we sincerely ask for your mercy and forgiveness even as we willingly submit this our garment spotted by the flesh asking that you may completely remove it and replace it with the new creation life of Christ Jesus who will now begin to will and to do of Your good pleasures through our mortal-bodies much more than our human capacity can pray, think or imagine till eternity in Jesus Name. Amen.

For those who are still submissive to your new creation life at work in us daily

Abbah Father, we pray for the release of the appropriate measure of your mercy and grace that will train us to reject/refuse/denounce anything currently in our lives or in the future that will make us to dare sharing equality with you or your glory as Jesus did while carrying out your will for HIM on this earth in Jesus Name. Amen.

Grow in the *grace and knowledge* of Our Lord Jesus Christ Crucified Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Tue, August 25, 2020
Topic: Spiritual Father ✝️

The Spirit's Word: And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Matthew 23:9 KJV

For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
1 Corinthians 4:15 KJV

The concept of spiritual fathers among God's generals has become a trend. It is scriptural as seen in the opening verse. Apostle Paul wrote to the Church at Corinth, and laid claims to them as his own spiritual children, because they received Christ into their lives through his ministry. However, Jesus gave us a clear instruction, that we should not attribute this fatherhood status to any man on earth, as God in heaven is the only Father we have. Now, both scriptures are not in any way contradicting each other. Jesus was talking to sons, while Paul was talking to babes. If you have been with Jesus, and have encountered Him in a way that you feed directly from heaven, then are you a son. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: Isaiah 9:6. A son knows His bearing, and that, His root is in Christ alone. A babe is still coming to terms with certain truths in the Word, and still requires a forming process to reach maturity. Hear what Paul said about the Church at Corinth: And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 1 Corinthians 3:1‭-‬2. Babes meet their spiritual fathers as their first point of call, while sons go to the Word, and the Holy Spirit.

God permits such spiritual fatherhood by men until a babe turns to a son in the kingdom. The babe does not understand deep things, and for this cause God may not reveal Himself to them in a manner and dimension that only sons have entered into. Paul expressly tells us how a child should be groomed into maturity: Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be Lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the Father. Galatians 4:1‭-‬2. Tutors and governors here refer to teachers, mentors, pastors, etc. It is God's desire that every child of His know Him, and understand His ways. Let's not forget He made His ways known to Moses, but His acts to the children of Israel. Psalm 103:7. The ways of God are for sons, but it will take spiritual maturity to enter into this realm. His lambs or little flock are the apple of His eyes, and as such He ensures they come under capable hands, who would feed them, and show them how to walk with God. The goal of every minister of the Gospel is to bring people into Christ, and instill the character of Christ in the people of God. We fail if we don't point them to Jesus, and how they can have intimacy with Him.

Reminder: We grow by receiving the Word continually, and also embracing the fear of God in our lives. Psalm 25:14.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:08am On Aug 26, 2020
We were created by God to be used by HIM to give HIMSELF PLEASURE ONLY in whatever ideas, thoughts, imaginations, inventions, research, exploration, events, engagements, vocations, ministries/services, career, titles, business and activities that He brings to our disposal.

It is when we do these things according to His perfect-will/purpose will our humanity become *authentically satisfied, edified and glorified* but when we seek *our human pleasure first, we enlarge our appetites, emptiness, frustration, cruelty and boredom

thus

"Thou art worthy, O Lord(Jesus Christ Crucified), to receive glory and honour and power: for *thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created*." (Revelation 4:11 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:28am On Aug 26, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Wed, August 26, 2020
Topic: Walking Upon High Places ✝️

The Spirit's Word: The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.
Habakkuk 3:19 KJV

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.
1 Samuel 2:8 KJV

To walk upon high places is to be promoted and exalted by God. It is to have the backing of God, and become a solution provider to the problems of men, and the world. Man can promote you, but not like God can. You can also promote yourself, which is self-deceit. God is the One that perfects men. The first Scripture is a song to the chief singer on stringed instrument. Habakkuk 3:17-18. It takes the joy of the Lord for God to delight in you, and promote you. Yes, we are all pleasing to God because of Jesus. However, God wants to delight in all of us individually. As we delight in Him, He becomes our strength. Nehemiah 8:10. It takes strength to win in the battles of life, just like faith. Having the strength of God makes all things surmountable to you. You'd see that you're always on top of every situation. We activate His strength by our continual rejoicing, and gladness of heart. Philippians 4:4, 1 Thessalonians 5:16.

Hannah, the mother of Prophet Samuel, knew what it felt like for God to promote one. She was without child, and taunted for this. When she had cried and vowed to God, He didn't disappoint her. She brought forth Samuel, who went on to become one of the most endeared prophets of God, and Israel. She also went to bare more children, because God is not a user of men. He desires to bless us more than we can ever imagine. If you find yourself in the dunghill of life, beaten down to dust, and sinking in the mire of poverty, turn to God with a cry and a song. He will make a way for you. When I consider all that the Lord owns - the earth, world, people, animals, gold and silver; knowing He desires to give it to whomsoever He pleases (Daniel 4:17), it is wisdom to be His delight. We can't really give God anything but our worship. The Psalmist decreed: Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Psalms 37:4. It is tempting to worry about the problems you are faced with. However, if you would trust God, and lay it all on Him (1 Peter 5:7), it can only bring you to a large place of glory.

Reminder: He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me. 2 Samuel 22:20 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
Burning perpetually for GOD as the fire on the altar which shall never go out having received the new creation life of Jesus Christ Crucified:
"And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
9 Command Aaron and his sons, saying, This is the law of the burnt offering: It is the burnt offering, because of the burning upon the altar all night unto the morning, and the fire of the altar shall be burning in it.
10 And the priest shall put on his linen garment, and his linen breeches shall he put upon his flesh, and take up the ashes which the fire hath consumed with the burnt offering on the altar, and he shall put them beside the altar.
11 And he shall put off his garments, and put on other garments, and carry forth the ashes without the camp unto a clean place.
12 And the fire upon the altar shall be burning in it; it shall not be put out: and the priest shall burn wood on it every morning, and lay the burnt offering in order upon it; and he shall burn thereon the fat of the peace offerings.
13 The fire shall ever be burning upon the altar; it shall never go out." (Leviticus 6:8-13 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:39am On Aug 27, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Thu, August 27, 2020
Topic: Sign Seekers ✝️

The Spirit's Word: But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
Matthew 12:39 kjv

In the Old Testament, it was okay to ask for a sign to confirm the Word of God given by His servants. Gideon asked for a sign, and so did King Hezekiah. God was still getting acquainted with His people and so, He permitted such level of initial doubt. Remember His people did not know Him, and so Moses asked Him: when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
Exodus 3:13. The children of Israel were carried away captive to Egypt, and this generation of Israelites were only familiar with the gods of Egypt. This has long changed, as God has revealed Himself in more ways than we could ask of Him. He showed great signs and wonders in Egypt towards their deliverance, and Jesus also did marvellous works. Acts 10:38. It is wrong to ask God for a sign. He has given us His Word, in both the Old and New Testament. Anyone asking for a sign from God in order to believe Him is part of the evil and adulterous generation. We can only ask God to confirm the Word we already believe.

Thomas asked for a sign, and it displeased the Lord. John 20:25. It is so easy to doubt, and be in unbelief. God has made this New life easy for us. We have a lifestyle of faith. Romans 1:17. It can only take faith to please God. Hebrews 11:6. For instance, the issue of speaking in tongues is clearly stated in the Bible. Mark 16:17. But there are some believers that don't believe in it. They even totally refute it with all manner of doctrines and traditions. There are some who won't speak in tongues until the Holy Spirit speaks it for them. That is clearly unscriptural. It is you the believer that would speak. Acts 2:4. The Holy Ghost only gives the utterance. It takes faith, too, in order to speak in tongues, and do every other thing for the sake of the Kingdom. When you keep seeking a sign, you only end up short-changing yourself. You deny yourself all the blessing Christ died to give you. How can you make the most of this divine life when you want God to come down for you to accept something that's already in His Word. Don't be among the evil and adulterous generation. Everything in the kingdom is receive by faith, including the rapture on the last day. Revelation 21:8.

Reminder: But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from abovesmiley Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Romans 10:6‭-‬8 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:03am On Aug 28, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread
Fri, August 28, 2020
Topic: Peace is Authority ✝️

The Spirit's Word: And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
Mark 4:37‭-‬39 KJV

The title given to the topic might be a metaphor, but peace and authority always go together. Jesus was asleep in the middle of a boisterous tempest, while his disciples were scared to death. Don't forget what He told us: These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33. Authority is only tangible in the peace of God. This is what rest really means. To worry, and be anxious, or fearful only means you forfeit your authority. You cannot win without this peace within, that doesn't take the circumstances into consideration. Of course, this is what the enemy wants. He wants you to fidget, and when you do, you can't exercise authority over him. If issues of life still way you down, and makes you wonder and begin to doubt, it simply means there is no peace. The peace Christ gave to us surpasses logic. Philippians 4:7. It is meant to keep us from falling to pieces. This peace we are talking about transcends feeling. The end of it mat be a feeling, but it doesn't start with a feeling. It is connected to faith.

For instance, when you tell the devil to get out of a situation or place, it doesn't matter if that devil is still demonstrating. As long as you have given the word in the name of Jesus, don't focus on manifestations or an outward sign. Maintain your peace, as you have given the Word. Satan would always make you doubt your authority, but the Word of God is the final say on any issue. For as much as we desire to walk in authority over the issues of life, we must be a people of peace. I don't mean the peace that comes from the cool ocean breeze, or a picnic. We are talking of peace that is focused on Jesus, who is the Prince of peace. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3. So long as God will never stop being faithful to His Word, I can fully put my trust in Him. So long as my mind is on Him, and His grace upon my life, He will never disappoint. We have to put His Word to work, and stop trying to work against the truth. If you tried it once, and it didn't work, go back to the Word and find out what you missed out. We can't keep faulting the integrity of the Scriptures. This thing works.

Reminder: Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:50am On Aug 28, 2020
"Even when we were dead (slain) by [our own] shortcomings and trespasses, He made us alive together in fellowship and in union with Christ; [He gave us the very life of Christ Himself, the same new life with which He quickened Him, for] it is by grace (His favor and mercy which you did not deserve) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation). And He raised us up together with Him and made us sit down together [giving us joint seating with Him] in the heavenly sphere [by virtue of our being] in Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One)." (Ephesians 2:5-6 amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2020
Why do you need to believe in Jesus Christ Crucified as your own personal Lord, and Savior ?

God created man(male and female) in His own image and likeness (Genesis 1:26-28) for *an unbroken and loving relationship* with him but man disobeyed God's instruction that he should not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil hence contaminated(added *mr flesh*) the image of God in him yet God's purpose of having an unbroken and loving relationship with man cannot be terminated. This lead God to send His only begotten Son; Jesus Christ to take human nature, carry the sin(the contaminated mankind with flesh) of mankind upon HIMSELF though He committed no sin, become condemned for such sin, serve the complete punishment for sin in hell-fire *for eternity*, come out victorious from serving this complete punishment for sin in eternity and transfer the merit/benefit of serving/satisfying this complete punishment for sin unto all human being thus "this is the grace of God that Jesus Christ tested death for every human being" (Hebrews 2:9)

The death of Jesus on the Cross of Calvary stands as the death of the old-man/person which was contaminated by the flesh in Adam through his disobedience while His resurrection means the replacement of the dead old-man on the Cross with a new man/person which can now continue to carry the GOD-HEAD *inside his/her mortal-body while having a loving and unbroken relationship* with the TRUE LIVING GOD.

Belief in Jesus Christ death on the Cross of Calvary as the death of the old-man that we(human beings) inherited from Adam through biological birth
and
Belief in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead as the *release/birth of His own life(GOD and MAN)* to *completely replace* our crucified old-man/flesh
is
*the only way chosen by God to cleanse/forgive/evacuate our sin/flesh(1 Cor.2:7-8 )*
and
restore the purpose of creating mankind at the beginning which is to *dwell inside the mortal-body of man while having a loving and unbroken relationship with man(male and female)* hence mankind being a physical expression of an unseen God and His kingdom made possible by His Holy Spirit and Grace in the universe
thus
"And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle(dwelling-place) of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God" (Revelation 21:3 NKJV)

This scriptural passage above becomes *the lifestyle* of *any human being who has accepted the death of Jesus on the Cross as the death of their old-man/flesh and His resurrection from the dead as the birth of a new creation(GOD and MAN) inside their mortal body* because they have become *mobile temples of the LIVING GOD*, they speak to Him any-time, any-day, any-where as well as get response from Him as it is obtainable between 2-persons/being in a loving relationship *with or without the assistance of a 3rd-party*. Yet there is something peculiar about this relationship because the 2-persons(the human being who believes the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified and GOD) are *joined/knitted together in one mortal-body*. Such a person does not need to take permission from any other person outside of himself/herself(mortal-body) before he/she can talk to God and he/she does not need to get to a particular geographical location/object/image before you can talk to HIM who is now inside you and you do not need to wait for a particular time before you can talk to HIM who is inside you *forever*(John 14:16)

Studying of the bible under the Holy Spirit guidance, gospel preachings/teachings, evangelism and the fellowship of the brethren should be focused towards:
1. Calling unbelievers in the gospel to receive God's mercy and grace shown in the death of His Son on the Cross and His resurrection from the dead.
and
2. Helping believers to grow in the grace and knowledge of the best way to relate with GOD who is *within them* (Luke 17:21) as well as learn how to share this *new relationship/creation lifestyle* with *all the human being that they encounter on their day to day existence in this world* without compulsion but freely through the grace of the Holy Spirit even *nurturing new believers*

One thing that makes relationships beautiful is the desire to communicate with each other and behold each others presence yet all our human relationship with other human beings and created things ends with biological death but the relationship that believers in the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified enters with the GOD-HEAD(THE TRUE LIVING GOD) continues even after biological death. In-fact, it is after biological death that we shall see in full the perfect-nature of our relationship with GOD through faith in Jesus Christ Crucified thus
"For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." (1 Corinthians 13:9-12 NKJV)

Have you ever been in any human relationship that you cherished because you were greatly loved ?
Or
Are you currently in any human relationship where you are greatly honored, cherished and loved ?
Or
Are you are seeking to enter into a human relationship where you will be honored, cherished and loved ?

Then
How will your life turn-out if you should make the decision of entering into *an unbroken eternal relationship with LOVE HIMSELF (THE TRUE LIVING GOD) through His grace by faith in the death and resurrection of His Son; Jesus Christ ?

Are you ready to receive this grace of an unbroken eternal relationship with the TRUE LIVING GOD ?

Declare this prayer commitment:
God My Father, I come to you now because I agree that I am a sinner, I ask you to forgive/cleanse/evacuate my sin/flesh because of the merits of the death and resurrection of your Son Jesus Christ, receive me as your child even as you begin this new covenant relationship established upon the precious LIFE of your Son Jesus Christ, fill me with your Holy Spirit and grace that will sustain me within your presence till the end in Jesus Name. Amen.

If the Holy Spirit convicted you and you made this decision/commitment, you are welcome to the Family of God(a new unbroken eternal relationship with the true living God). Get a holy bible(hardcopy/softcopy), start studying it (I will advise you to start from the 1st chapter of the Gospel of St.John, few verses for each day or 1-chapter for each day then as your appetite/love for God's word increases you can extend the number of chapters for each day) *making sure* that you ask the Holy Spirit to give you more revelation about the *personality of Jesus Christ Crucified* who is now the new life that you are carrying within your mortal-body in this new covenant relationship of His death on the Cross and His resurrection, meet people around you who have been Christians before you and request to do bible studies with them, join any fellowship/church close to you where *Jesus Christ Crucified alone is preached from the holy bible as the only means of human salvation*, make yourself regularly available for bible studies carried-out in your local church and always ask the Holy Spirit to reveal His Grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ new covenant teachings to you in each fellowship of the brethren you attend. Do not participate in any bible studies or fellowship of the brethren without being deliberate and intentional to receive fresh grace and revelation of the personality of Jesus Christ Crucified in order to grow in your relationship with the true living God.

If you are convinced that we can mutually encourage each other’s faith by the grace of the Holy Spirit, you can send an inbox message on any of my social media handle.
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Sun, August 30, 2020
Topic: Rest ✝️

The Spirit's Word: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 KJV

Rest is freedom from all troubles, worries, fear, oppression, anxiety, embarrassment, aggression, etc. Rest is entering into the joy of the Lord, His peace, righteousness, power, wisdom, strength, etc. You can't experience rest if you are not serving God. The opening Scripture tells us of Jesus' invitation to all. Surely, all men labour and are burdened with a lot of care, and fears. It is only in Christ we can have rest. A yoke is used on a pair of oxen, only when you want it to work. For instance, to plough your farm or field. You don't find a yoke strapped on an animal when it is not working. That'd be a kind of animal cruelty. Every man that enters this world is yoked with the enemy, for in Adam all have sinned and were dead. We served sin for a while until we received the hope of eternal life. The yoke of Jesus is not like that of the taskmaster that is forced on you. We, willingly, take his yoke upon our lives. Isaiah 1:19. As we do, He takes off the enemy's yoke from off our necks. In this life, if you are not serving God, you are serving Satan. Let's not try to be politically correct. There are only two playing fields in life. The kingdom of light, and that of darkness.

To willingly serve the Lord as a minister of the Gospel in any area He has predestinated for us, we must be meek and humble, just as He is. No one can truly learns from God without being meek and humble. Meekness is submissiveness, obedience, and calmness. It also means modesty, and to be unboastful. Humility is lowliness of the heart. You don't place yourself above people, but under them. Only in this way can God use you effectively. Now, Jesus' yoke is easy. It means, there is no cause for alarm. There is always a way forward. It doesn't matter what may look challenging, we have that confidence that He is the driver of all things in our lives. His burden is light means we find direction and revelation for every problem. Until we live the life of Galatians 2:20, we can't know this rest. The Lord must find expression through you. Rest means ceasing from your own works, just as Christ ceased from His. You are totally synchronised with Him, and you won't find any reason to be at a dilemma or cul-de-sac. This rest doesn't come cheaply. We must labour to enter into it by constantly seeking God in prayers, fasting, intercession, meditation of the Word, brotherly fellowship, walking in love, and waiting on Him. Hebrews 4:8-11.

Reminder: It took the Israelite a long journey of trials in the desert as they left Egypt to the promised land. They didn't find that rest because of unbelief, and disobedience. We must believe God, trust Him completely without complaining.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
May God Our Father strengthen your mind with His mercy and grace to understand/perceive the revelation of the perfect-will of God for your life now and strengthen your heart with His grace to accept this revelation of the perfect-will of God for your life now, and engage/obey such perfect-will of God without minding how painful or uncomfortable or inconvenient it will be to you and not minding how offensive it will appear to those around you in Jesus name. Amen.
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Shepherds after God's own heart/perfect-will:

Jesus Christ confirms that the solution to people living in sin/flesh and lawlessness is the *absence of shepherds after God's heart in our communities*

"Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. 36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. 37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
(Matthew 9:35-38 NKJV)

Do not exclude yourself because you are not officially ordained in any physical church building or group because every human being who believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is a *shepherd*

You are first and foremost the shepherd of your own soul; that you may submit it unto Christ Jesus Crucified for salvation and an unbroken relationship with the true living God consistently and progressively till eternity.

You are the shepherd of every human being that you encounter on this earthly existence, it is time to start responding to the prayer of Jesus for more laborers into His harvest by allowing Christ life within you to reach-in to your soul and reach-out to all other human beings near you at each point in time.....

Stop saying, it does not concern you, I am not their parents or I am not the government or I am not his spouse hence I cannot correct an anomaly within my surrounding....

Jesus did not tell his disciples to pray for
more politicians;
more doctors;
more scientist;
more engineers;
more money;
more church-structures;
rather
*SHEPHERDS*
Because they are *weary and scattered* like sheep without *shepherd*

it is only through our human mind that we call them thieves, prostitutes, touts, lesbians, homosexuals, sexual-immorals, perverts, criminals, fraudsters, religious-extremists e.t.c.
but Jesus saw a different thing about them....."sheep that are weary and scattered without shepherd"

thus
"Return, O backsliding children,” says the Lord; “for I am married to you. I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion. 15 *And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will "feed you" with knowledge and understanding.*
16 “Then it shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land in those days,” says the Lord, “that they will say no more, ‘The ark of the covenant of the Lord.’ It shall not come to mind, nor shall they remember it, nor shall they visit it, nor shall it be made anymore.
17 “At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the Lord, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts."
(Jeremiah 3:14-17 NKJV)

"Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the second time, saying, 2 “Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and preach to it the message that I tell you.” 3 So Jonah arose and went to Nineveh, according to the word of the Lord. Now Nineveh was an exceedingly great city, a three-day journey in extent. 4 And Jonah began to enter the city on the first day’s walk. Then he cried out and said, “Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!”
5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least of them. 6 Then word came to the king of Nineveh; and he arose from his throne and laid aside his robe, covered himself with sackcloth and sat in ashes. 7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published throughout Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying,
Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything; do not let them eat, or drink water. 8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily to God; yes, let every one turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands. 9 Who can tell if God will turn and relent, and turn away from His fierce anger, so that we may not perish?
10 Then God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God relented from the disaster that He had said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it." (Jonah 3:1-10 NKJV)

Are you willing to submit to the mercy and grace of becoming a shepherd according to the heart/purpose of GOD in this generation now ?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:08am On Aug 31, 2020
CHRIST JESUS CRUCIFIED ALONE IS GLORIFIED in what He delivers through us as messages:
The Holy Spirit precedes *the truth of the gospel with His Grace* as long as you obey His instructions for each message He gives you such that *God alone is glorified and not the smartness/expertise* of the writer/speaker of God's word....

thus
"For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, *not with wisdom of words*, lest *the cross of Christ* should be made of *no effect*." (1 Cor.1:17 NKJV)

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us." (2 Cor.4:7 NKJV)

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God," (2 Cor.3:5 NKJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:55am On Aug 31, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Mon, August 31, 2020
Topic: Overcoming Lust ✝️

The Spirit's Word: Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life. Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
Proverbs 6:25‭-‬28 KJV

Sexual lust and other forms of it are a twofold weapon the enemy uses against man, not just the believer. It is one of Satan's most effective weapon. It is twofold because it is triggered by both the flesh or carnal nature, and evil spirits or demons of lust. Everyone faces temptations in every form it can possibly take. Our Lord was tempted in every way, and did not sin. Hebrews 4:15. The believer's victory is a life that overcomes temptations and defeats sin. We are ordained for a higher life that's divine, and full of light. This means that darkness ought not to thrive on our lives. John 1:5. The above Scripture tells us the battle is won in the heart. We must never give room for lustful thoughts. If you let lust germinate in your heart by constantly thinking of that person in a lustful way, or pondering on sexual vices, it would sprout and grow. You should expect a bad tree with bad fruits. You would be overcome by lust as easily as a reed in the wind. Don't fan the embers of the old nature. Reckon yourself dead to these things by meditating only on things above. Colossians 3:2-5. We must put off the old nature and its lust, and put on Christ. Romans 13:14, Galatians 5:24. It's our responsibility.

We are to present our bodies a living sacrifice to God, holy and well acceptable. Romans 12:1. Also, if we walk in the Spirit, we won't fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16. As we walk in the light of the Word, and presence of the Holy Ghost, we gain victory everyday. The consciousness of the Spirit within us constrains us from going after vain and deathly imaginations. In as much as grace abounds much more, where sin abounds, it is not complete if we don't bring in truth into our situation. Jesus didn't come with grace alone, but with truth also. It is truth that sets free, and not grace. John 8:32. Let's be reminded that if we walk after the flesh, we shall die. It was Apostle Paul that told us in Roman 8:13. This means the law of sin and death is reigning in your body unto corruption. Life and death can't be at work at the same time. You can't be wiser than God by trying to mock Him. Thank God for grace and mercy, but we must also embrace the truth that destroys yokes and bondage. It doesn't matter the lust and temptation, not yielding to it is possible by the grace of God, and power of the Holy Ghost. Let that be your mind set from now on. If you think it is impossible, then it is for you. We can always cry out to God who is able to keep us from falling. Jude 1:24.

Reminder: As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 10:57am On Aug 31, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread Mon, August 31, 2020
Topic: Overcoming Lust ✝️

The Spirit's Word: Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life. Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
Proverbs 6:25‭-‬28 KJV

Sexual lust and other forms of it are a twofold weapon the enemy uses against man, not just the believer. It is one of Satan's most effective weapon. It is twofold because it is triggered by both the flesh or carnal nature, and evil spirits or demons of lust. Everyone faces temptations in every form it can possibly take. Our Lord was tempted in every way, and did not sin. Hebrews 4:15. The believer's victory is a life that overcomes temptations and defeats sin. We are ordained for a higher life that's divine, and full of light. This means that darkness ought not to thrive on our lives. John 1:5. The above Scripture tells us the battle is won in the heart. We must never give room for lustful thoughts. If you let lust germinate in your heart by constantly thinking of that person in a lustful way, or pondering on sexual vices, it would sprout and grow. You should expect a bad tree with bad fruits. You would be overcome by lust as easily as a reed in the wind. Don't fan the embers of the old nature. Reckon yourself dead to these things by meditating only on things above. Colossians 3:2-5. We must put off the old nature and its lust, and put on Christ. Romans 13:14, Galatians 5:24. It's our responsibility.

We are to present our bodies a living sacrifice to God, holy and well acceptable. Romans 12:1. Also, if we walk in the Spirit, we won't fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16. As we walk in the light of the Word, and presence of the Holy Ghost, we gain victory everyday. The consciousness of the Spirit within us constrains us from going after vain and deathly imaginations. In as much as grace abounds much more, where sin abounds, it is not complete if we don't bring in truth into our situation. Jesus didn't come with grace alone, but with truth also. It is truth that sets free, and not grace. John 8:32. Let's be reminded that if we walk after the flesh, we shall die. It was Apostle Paul that told us in Roman 8:13. This means the law of sin and death is reigning in your body unto corruption. Life and death can't be at work at the same time. You can't be wiser than God by trying to mock Him. Thank God for grace and mercy, but we must also embrace the truth that destroys yokes and bondage. It doesn't matter the lust and temptation, not yielding to it is possible by the grace of God, and power of the Holy Ghost. Let that be your mind set from now on. If you think it is impossible, then it is for you. We can always cry out to God who is able to keep us from falling. Jude 1:24.

Reminder: As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2 KJV
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
"And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you"
(Luke 10:18-19 NKJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by uracefriend(m): 11:12am On Sep 01, 2020
HEAVEN'S DIGEST: Truth, Light & Bread
Tue, September 1, 2020
Topic: Verily, Verily ✝️

The Spirit's Word: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
John 6:47 KJV

I believe there are no coincidences in the Bible. The Book of John is full of '' verily, verily''. I've always wondered why. John was Jesus' closest disciple, and for him writing the Gospel, I believe the double emphases is trying to get our earnest attention. Verily verily means "most certainly" or "most assuredly" . It also means "truly, truly". It is placing a double confirmation on that particular truth as revealed. When I study the Bible, I take note of these things to maximise and take full advantage of the blessing in it. The opening Scripture is one that speaks of eternal life to the One who believes. A doubly confirmed truth, so to say, is to be taken with the most holy or reverential disposition and attention. Being a student of the Bible for a few years has taught me not to overlook any thing in it. If it was necessary to include something, it definitely has a significant purpose. For this reason, I'm not too carried away by the diverse translations all over the place that has altered the Bible, and made it just a condensation of all that it was purposed to contain.

Another scripture with this degree of certainty is: Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
John 12:24‭-‬25. Death is the only way to bring forth much fruit. If you want the sevenfold crown Jesus received in Revelation 5:12, then you must die to self. Apostle Paul told us that we must suffer in order to enter into this glory. Romans 8:17. Suffering for Christ is biblical. This suffering is not related to sickness, disease, poverty, etc. It is all about denying yourself the pleasures of the world, and not gratifying your flesh. It also include persecution, because we show we are not ashamed of Him. He will declare us before our heavenly Father and the Holy angels that we are truly His own. Let's take time to study these scriptures so we are not behind on the most important things in this kingdom.

Reminder: The Bible is full of different levels of truths. There is always a higher level unto perfection. Read 2 Corinthians 3:18.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:49am On Sep 02, 2020
I want more of You; Jesus Christ Crucified, Resurrected, Glorified and the Soon Coming King!!!
The More I love You; the more I want to Love You, My Lord Jesus!!!
Grow in the grace and knowledge of Our Lord Jesus Christ Crucified Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by GtDigital(m): 9:31am On Sep 02, 2020
THE MIGHTY HAND OF GOD

DAY 3
ENEMY DESTRUCTION BY THE MIGHTY HAND OF GOD
It is going to be full of revelations, Prophecies,
Insights, Divine Encounter and Exclusively
Explosive...as the Holy Ghost takes charge

Come and experience the Dynamic Power of God in Jesus name - AMEN!#themightyhandofgod
#ambitodjeokiemutegodstime
#encounterforembermonths
#enemydestruction
#dynamicchristianfellowship

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AmagbeDossou8: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2020
ochibuogwu5:

I decree by the Power of Jesus Christ death on the Cross and His Resurrection that all your demonic-enchantments upon your own life and the lives of all the human being that have ever been submitted to your demonic-altar is nullified now and forever in Jesus name. Amen.

Really? What has any juju don to you? If you need help come to me lemme help your life! Nothing is nullifying anything my brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — Snub Satan / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.