Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald (20635 Views)

Police Introduces New Uniforms For SARS (Photo) / Wike: 'I Wont Go Down Alone, If I Go Down Everyone Goes Down With Me' - Herald / New Sect ‘Yanlabaiku’ Emerges In Kebbi Forbids Western Education, Shares Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald by COOLDUN: 12:38am On Nov 28, 2012
mu2sa2: Police killed mohammed yusuf extra-judicially; police detain people extra-judicially and demand money for bail. Govt does nothing about the lawlessness of d police. Now groups are springing up to extra-judicially challenge the police. All these groups are out to avenge what they considered unlawful killing or detention of their loved ones by police (& jtf). Rather than hurling insults on nairaland which go to no issue, we should be talking of how to reform and civilize nigeria police force and other security forces.

You are a confirmed terrorist, how does killing the innocent people make a change to the Police brutality? Do you think you are addressing ALMAJRIS? Shocking your baseless comments to your dirty stinking pocket. Every evil committed in Nigeria by your muslim terrorists is justified by the animals like you. What did muhamed yusuf do before he was killed? Who killed muhamed yusuf? Was it not your northern elders who didn’t want him to reveal their memberships and associations with the terror cult? He was killed in the police station while your terror members are blowing up churches and homes of innocent people. Thank your stars , because of the red nose madam in the Aso Rock, whom cassava bread has dried up his brain fluids. Otherwise you guys would have seen yourselves in the Sahara desert.
Re: New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald by FreeWill01: 2:13am On Nov 28, 2012
Odehaj is right, the terriosts are misguided just like almost all christains are misguided and therefore very materialist, islam is what i call 'religion' and a strong path to God if not misinterpeted violently, I am not a muslim, not even religious but this is a fact.

odehaj: you liken christian to your evil&cancerous Islam?A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!
Re: New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald by Josephnice: 7:10am On Nov 28, 2012
I strongly believe this are same boko haram but just trying out modalities in confusing the security agents and the federal govt in believing they're more sophisticated and enlarged more than we thought they. We can't fall for this
Re: New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald by Frostyzone(m): 9:13am On Nov 28, 2012
ashson: I am sure this is a scam. The haters of islam are at it again. They hate to see islam grow as it is the fastest growing religion in the world, it reveals the truth. By the way, the islamic year is not 1334, but 1434; I am sure this is a SCAM...
Taa! Mechionu gi there.
Re: New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald by lisspo(m): 1:28pm On Nov 28, 2012
babagy82: Hatred will never eradicate terrorism, action does. We are in civilized society where every one is allowed to practice his faith, boko haram were practicing wat they taught was right I.e saying no to western education. Their leader muhammed yusuf started getting followers back then in 2005, many renounced scholars in the north are against his teachings like sheikh ja'afar mahmud adam kano who happened to be his teacher. They held many debates with him( yusuf) which they all won, but he still didn't agree to back off. After that they all decided to let him practice what ever he feels like practicing, that's how he started going about preaching his faith together with his disciples, just like how other sects in the north do (shi'a, izala, darik, e.t.c). After that muhammed yusuf was minding his business untill he was killed in the hands of the police. My question, ASSUMING MUHAMMED YUSUF WAS NOT UNJUSTLY KILLED (as his followers claimed) CAN WE BE IN THIS MESS WE ARE NOW Source: I'm a sunni muslim, a northener, I listened to muhammed yusuf audio cassetes, sheik ja'afars debate with yusuf and many more. May God make Nigeria terror free Amin.

True that; the BH leader was furiously opposed and debated against by Islamic scholars all over Northern Nigeria for deliberately quoting Quranic verses out of context and effectively manufacturing his own meanings/interpretations which in fact directly opposed the true teachings of Islam. The late Sheikh Ja'afar even declared his message "...extremely dangerous and needs to be stopped immediately..." That was at a time when even the security personnel thought he was a peaceful preacher just minding his own business.

Honestly, anyone who insists all muslims believe in BH methods is either being ignorant or just sentimental in their judgement. Anyone who lives in the North should know how frustrated we all are with what them BH are doing; we all wish we can wake up one day and just end this madness! It interferes with EVERY aspect of our lives! But you still ask, "why dont you stop them".....and we ask, "why dont ordinary Niger Deltans stop the ND millitants"?n
Re: New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald by deluckiest(m): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2012
Geewan: Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all Ãll old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT).

He said to them, ‘When I sent you out without a purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?’ They said, ‘No, not a thing.’ He said to them, ‘But now, the one who has a purse must take it, and likewise a bag. And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one. For I tell you, this scripture must be fulfilled in me, “And he was counted among the lawless”: and indeed what is written about me is being fulfilled.” They said, ‘Lord, look, here are two swords.’ He replied, ‘It is enough.’ (Luke 22:35-38, NRSV).

And yet they say the Quran supports violence!

You Muslims who only based your faith in science/physical things no nothing and understand nothing concerning spiritual based teachings which Christians root their faith on. You claim to know the bible but you understand nothing, continue to read the bible with your carnal mind will get you even the more confused as you are right now, because you refused to learn the TRUTH you will remain confused except God Almighty deliver your ignorance which you have continue to exhibit with your lame argument.

Since you claim to know the bible so well, why didn't you tell us the conclusion of the narrative between Jesus and his disciples as recorded in the following passages.? Luke 22:51 , Matthew 26:52 , John 18:11.

Matthew 26:52 ('"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.'), Luke 22:51 ('But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.'), and John 18:11 ('Jesus commanded Peter, "Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?"').

Jesus was not really telling them to buy or use swords. He was simply using the metaphor of a sword to describe the current crisis. When the disciples took his words literally ('See, Lord, here are two swords'), Jesus simply drops the subject by saying 'That is enough'.

The group comprised Jesus and the eleven remaining disciples, and possibly some others. Two swords are not enough to defend a group or fight enemies. Why then did Jesus say 'That is enough'?
If Jesus was telling them to have a sword handy (for self-defense) as they went into the world preaching the gospel, why then did Jesus said "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.'? Also why do Acts and the epistles consistently show the disciples accepting persecution peacefully? Acts 4:25-31, 8:1-3, 9:1-2, 12:1-5
As we can see, Jesus never preach violence or his disciples preach violence even during their extreme persecution.

In answer to your OT quote (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT
There is a big difference between the violence in the Old Testament and Islamic Jihad. First, the war prescribed by God in the Old Testament was intended for a particular time and limited to a particular people group. There was no pattern set to continue this practice beyond what God had commanded.

In contrast, the Koran actually prescribes and condones military jihad in the promotion of Islam. At no time in the Bible do we see God commanding His people to kill unbelievers in the promotion of biblical faith. Second, it is beyond dispute that, in its earliest years, Islam was promoted by the sword and has remain so til date. It is exactly the opposite for early Christianity. Many of the early Christians were severely persecuted and martyred for their commitment to Christ. All the terrorists, including Boko Haram are killing and destroying in the promotion of Islam.

The final and complete revelation of God is in Jesus Christ, who was remarkably non-violent in His approach. If a Christian engages in violence in the name of Christ, he is doing so in direct disobedience of His Master. Jesus taught that all who live by the sword will die by it (Matthew 26:52). The teachings and example of Muhammad are very different. A Muslim who desires to commit violence in the name of Islam can find ample justification for his action both in the Koran and in the words and actions of the prophet Muhammad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just like the evil days of Sodom and Gomorrah when God rained fire to destroy the city, are several others where wickedness and disobedience to God was the other of the day. Evil culture was practice, they were into brutality, cruelty, incest, bestiality, cultic prostitution, and even child sacrifice by fire.

God had given them(Canaanite people) over 400 years to repent (Genesis 15:13-16). When they did not, the Lord used the Israelites as an instrument of judgment on the evil society. So, God brought upon them a form of capital punishment.
No person had to die. God’s desire is that the wicked turn from their sin rather than perish (Ezekiel 18:31-32, 33:11).

Even if we interpret the text to mean that children were involved, this may have been God’s way of ensuring that these children would be saved and immediately brought into His eternal kingdom. The Scripture implies that all children who die before an age of moral accountability will enter heaven (2 Samuel 12:23; Matthew 19:14). Had God allowed these children to grow up in such a vile and heinous culture, these children would likely have grown up into something like their parents and been condemned to hell after they died. God knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10), and we are simply not in a position to question God as to what is best. Since God is the Giver of life, only He has the right to take it.
Re: New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald by deluckiest(m): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2012
9jii.:
Let's assume all d crimes commit by a muslims is his believe his doing it for the sake of Almighty.
How about the rituals killing,tribal bloodshed,burning of people,robbery,kidnaps,killing on daily bases that is in the southern by southerner Christians? is it for the sake of holy ghost?

Many of u here are as twist as these twisted people that thinks they are doing favors to Islam

Are the crimes committed in the South done in the name of Jesus or in the advancement of Christianity? If you don't have anything meaningful to say just spare the keyboard.
Re: New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald by Geewan(m): 9:05am On Nov 29, 2012
deluckiest:

You Muslims who only based your faith in science/physical things no nothing and understand nothing concerning spiritual based teachings which Christians root their faith on. You claim to know the bible but you understand nothing, continue to read the bible with your carnal mind will get you even the more confused as you are right now, because you refused to learn the TRUTH you will remain confused except God Almighty deliver your ignorance which you have continue to exhibit with your lame argument.

Since you claim to know the bible so well, why didn't you tell us the conclusion of the narrative between Jesus and his disciples as recorded in the following passages.? Luke 22:51 , Matthew 26:52 , John 18:11.

In answer to your OT quote (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT
There is a big difference between the violence in the Old Testament and Islamic Jihad. First, the war prescribed by God in the Old Testament was intended for a particular time and limited to a particular people group. There was no pattern set to continue this practice beyond what God had commanded.

In contrast, the Koran actually prescribes and condones military jihad in the promotion of Islam. At no time in the Bible do we see God commanding His people to kill unbelievers in the promotion of biblical faith. Second, it is beyond dispute that, in its earliest years, Islam was promoted by the sword and has remain so til date. It is exactly the opposite for early Christianity. Many of the early Christians were severely persecuted and martyred for their commitment to Christ. All the terrorists, including Boko Haram are killing and destroying in the promotion of Islam.

The final and complete revelation of God is in Jesus Christ, who was remarkably non-violent in His approach. If a Christian engages in violence in the name of Christ, he is doing so in direct disobedience of His Master. Jesus taught that all who live by the sword will die by it (Matthew 26:52). The teachings and example of Muhammad are very different. A Muslim who desires to commit violence in the name of Islam can find ample justification for his action both in the Koran and in the words and actions of the prophet Muhammad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just like the evil days of Sodom and Gomorrah when God rained fire to destroy the city, are several others where wickedness and disobedience to God was the other of the day. Evil culture was practice, they were into brutality, cruelty, incest, bestiality, cultic prostitution, and even child sacrifice by fire.

God had given them(Canaanite people) over 400 years to repent (Genesis 15:13-16). When they did not, the Lord used the Israelites as an instrument of judgment on the evil society. So, God brought upon them a form of capital punishment.
No person had to die. God’s desire is that the wicked turn from their sin rather than perish (Ezekiel 18:31-32, 33:11).

Even if we interpret the text to mean that children were involved, this may have been God’s way of ensuring that these children would be saved and immediately brought into His eternal kingdom. The Scripture implies that all children who die before an age of moral accountability will enter heaven (2 Samuel 12:23; Matthew 19:14). Had God allowed these children to grow up in such a vile and heinous culture, these children would likely have grown up into something like their parents and been condemned to hell after they died. God knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10), and we are simply not in a position to question God as to what is best. Since God is the Giver of life, only He has the right to take it.

I am more concerned with John 16:12-14. And please don't tell me again it is in reference to the Holy Spirit because Genesis 1:2 has already taken care of that and there were reported cases of the Holy spirit coming to Jesus while He was alive.

Which religion is based on science if not Christianity? That's why less than 2 people in 100 of Isreali population are Christians. Who then created christianity? What exactly do you know about God or Jesus?

Which of the evil of the society you mentioned above is not present in the world today. If Jesus is God or the Son of God as claimed He would under no circumstance destroyed Sodom and Gomorah. There are many cases of God's wrath on the evil people including Pharoah and is people. You want to tell me the father is wicked but the son is forgiving. Isn't it?

You honestly want me to believe that God allowed the Jews to kill his son?

My idea about God tallies with the existence of fire and paradise. To punish those that are sinners and to reward those that are obedient. Jesus with what you want me to believe will never punish sinners.
Re: New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:37am On Dec 03, 2012
oyeezee: Bro......just as we have in chritiandom.....so also is it in Islam......Some selfish psychos are just givin a selfish interpretation to this holy book ! Allah wld never call the killing of innocent souls His cause......killing souls can never be synonymous to fighting for the feeble and oppressed....I am a christian but refuse to see Islam or the Holy Quran as the problem but a sect giving some dumb fools a wrong interpretation. another fact remains that the Holy Quran is written in Arabic and a very few of muslims can actually read Arabic so they depend and follow an interpretaion by one who claims to read and understand Arabics.........

This is what I have been trying to tell mumuslims that Christians have a mind of dia own. See what oyeezee a christian wrote concerning Islam and dia violence. If a mumuslim should write this about Christians a mumuslim cleric will pronounce FATWA on him.
Re: New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald by Geewan(m): 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
Asiwaju9ja:

This is what I have been trying to tell mumuslims that Christians have a mind of dia own. See what oyeezee a christian wrote concerning Islam and dia violence. If a mumuslim should write this about Christians a mumuslim cleric will pronounce FATWA on him.

Guy! Must you comment?
Re: New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald by Rexyl(m): 6:50am On Dec 26, 2012
Geewan:

I am more concerned with John 16:12-14. And please don't tell me again it is in reference to the Holy Spirit because Genesis 1:2 has already taken care of that and there were reported cases of the Holy spirit coming to Jesus while He was alive.

Which religion is based on science if not Christianity? That's why less than 2 people in 100 of Isreali population are Christians. Who then created christianity? What exactly do you know about God or Jesus?

Which of the evil of the society you mentioned above is not present in the world today. If Jesus is God or the Son of God as claimed He would under no circumstance destroyed Sodom and Gomorah. There are many cases of God's wrath on the evil people including Pharoah and is people. You want to tell me the father is wicked but the son is forgiving. Isn't it?

You honestly want me to believe that God allowed the Jews to kill his son?

My idea about God tallies with the existence of fire and paradise. To punish those that are sinners and to reward those that are obedient. Jesus with what you want me to believe will never punish sinners.

CONSIDER ALL RELIGIONS IN TERMS OF FACTS THAT TELL THE MIND OF GOD AND PRACTICES FOR GODLINESS AND GOOD CONDUCTS IN THE SOCIETY WITHOUT CONSPIRACY OF EVIL AGAINST OTHERS. ONLY THE MESSAGES OF JESUS CHRIST REVEAL PURE LOVE, LASTING PEACE AND GODLY CONDUCTS THAT GUARANTEE GLOBAL STABILITY. HE IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE!
Isaiah 9:6-7. "6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this".

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO SOMEBODY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-rufai, Shettima, Badaru & Simon Lalong In Benue, On Condolence Visit (Photos) / Obasanjo Letter: Tinubu 2013 Vs 2018 / Lagos Lawmakers Oppose Stoppage Of Pension For Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.