Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? (28553 Views)

Don Jazzy Backs Out From Bet With Davido(screenshot) / Hot New Pics Of Peter From P-square / Pictures From P Square’s 100 Million Naira Mansion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by onatisi(m): 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ricky_Ross: How does Nigerian music become very popular in Ghana? http://ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=257945&comment=0#com

How does Nigerian music become very popular in Ghana while Ghanaian music remains contraband commodity in the former’s country? This is a big question that requires serious necropsy by entertainment pundits.

Give or show a Nigerian movie to the average Ghanaian in the 90’s and he or she will spurn it. At that time, Ghanaians loved Ghanaian movies to Nigerian movies. Starting the new millennium, Ghana was deluged with an influx of Nigerian movies. The table then turned; Ghanaians developed a strong predilection for Nigerian movies and ever since, have not looked back.

In the 90’s, rarely would one hear a Nigerian song being played on radio. By the year 2004, Nigerian songs or music started gaining foot in Ghana and ever since, Nigerian songs have steadily become popular in Ghana and Nigerian artistes for that matter, have also become popular as well.

A colleague art writer went to Nigerian recently to cover an entertainment event and after his return, narrated his observations on the Nigerian music industry. He said barely would one hear a Ghanaian song being played on radio.

The only Ghanaian songs he heard being played was songs produced by VIP and R2Bs. Kesse, the male vocalist of this year’s Vodafone Ghana music awards after participating in the ‘project fame’ music reality show in Nigeria, returned to also say he never heard any Ghanaian song played on any medium for the period he spent there.

Currently, Nigerian songs or music have very popular and so are their artistes in Ghana. Nigerian songs have become so popular that some Ghanaian musicians even copy their lyrics, accent, composition, songs or style of song engineering. Ghana and Nigerian are not enemies; neither is this feature attempting to brew an unhealthy competition or antagonism between them.

It wouldn’t have become an issue of discussion or to worry about if Nigerian music are popular in Ghana and Ghanaian music are also popular or doing creditably well in the latter’s country.

The facts on the grounds are that Nigerian songs are far popular in Ghana than Ghanaian music is in Nigeria. This is a big challenge to our music industry because Nigeria has a bigger market Ghana can tap into. It’s obvious the media in Ghana is the main tool that has made Nigerian songs popular in Ghana but the questions that require answers are; how do the Nigerians influence our media for their songs to become popular in Ghana? Is it that they pay ‘fat payola’ to the Ghanaian media than the Ghanaian musicians?

Do they have special agents here who do promotions for them? And why are Ghanaian songs not that popular in Nigeria? Could they (Nigerians) be sabotaging our music on their soil? Or is Nigerian music better than Ghanaian music?

MUSIGA must come in on this issue on a way to make Ghanaian music popular in Nigeria. MUSIGA can propose a treaty with the Nigerian music union to promote Ghanaian music there. The Nigerian population is big and that gives them a bigger market than Ghana.

However, I certainly don’t think any measure such as banning Nigerian songs in Ghana is or will be a panacea. We must be tactful.
thankks for ur observation ,the botttom line and major reason why nigeria music make waves here in ghana is simply originalty,i must confess most of ur ghanian artistes are not original and always try to copy other well known artistes,when i came here i was disspointed with the low level of music been made by ghanian artistes nd which makes waves here ,but the first time i heard vip song away, m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GH&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=VYyLqephCrg , and 4x4 wtc
,m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GH&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=7vSgNipNHQ8,
i knew they were the only two groups that can compete with nigerian stars,initially i didnt like sarkodie due to d fact that he raps in twi but after listening to him carefully i realised he is very unique nd original,nigeri is a country that before u can make it in music u must be able to bring out something unique nd differnt from what others are doing or have done ,the day i listened to kukere i thought he was a brazilian or someone from latin america ,the music sounds unique,if u listen to his remix with dbanj u will notice that 2 different styles of music were combined together,until ghanian artistes start thinking deep,they wont be able to match nigerian singers

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by otumfour(m): 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2012
petro!!!!!!! smack these ants grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by otumfour(m): 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
funny thing is, I don't even listen to nigerian music tht often.....my itunes is full of GH trax

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by salam001(m): 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
otumfour:

u brainless tw/at, is it my country paying 'em or Malta Guiness ......my country doesn't give a furk.

grin grin grin
none of my business who's paying 'em,its silly, brainless r2bees comparing themselves to p'square,shoe get size jhoor
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by salam001(m): 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
otumfour: funny thing is, I don't even listen to nigerian music tht often.....my itunes is full of GH trax
who cares? When millions of ghanaian prefer Nigerian acts to ghanain sick-heads[no offence]
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by onatisi(m): 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
basher:

Thanx 4 d links. What other Ghanaian bangers are maling waves in Ghana right now?
m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GH&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=LGP1qkWJrOc

m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GH&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=gwl087pk1iM
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by otumfour(m): 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
salam! ur name sound like u from the boko side of naija......na true or false? grin grin grin

don't u have better things to worry abt, like; fueling ur gen-set, ur safety, cholera.....list goes on and on grin grin grin

salami.....I see u on my pizza errtime i have 1 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by salam001(m): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
I didnt even notice that ghana musician are still active,apart from Sakordie that sings craps,No one else ....pity
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by otumfour(m): 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2012
onatisi:
m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GH&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=LGP1qkWJrOc

m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GH&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=gwl087pk1iM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tImdHmzIasU?version=3&hl=en_US

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by salam001(m): 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
PetroDolla:

Don't blame you, sick fuckerz. funny country,funny people grin grin grin after eating vulture,human meat and all the other rubbish,and having your fragile brain constantly ravaged by generator fumes, why won't you come here and spew out pure crap?

and you think the good people of Ghana are paying your crappy, clueless,fuelish artistes 300 grand for some meaningless shyte?

As for me, I like what is happening because its gonna change a lot of things in the Ghanaian music industry and I don't see any of your vulture eating witches coming this way any time soon! Modafaka!
the story of your life,now when is part 2 coming out?
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by RickyRoss1(m): 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
These bloated poor rats from ghana are angry that Nigerian musicians come to Ghana and steal their show. Its not our fault. Whom God has blessed, no one can curse...

I didnt know ghanaian musicians are this cheap. Sakordie is the biggest act in Ghana, yet he is paid less than 10k USD to perform in a show. Even Nigerian comedians like Ay, I go Die etc makes more than that.

Abrantie, petrodolla and all my inlaws from Ghana, i have one message for you guys. SLIPPERS GET SIZE. NIGERIA IS NOT YOUR MATE IN ANYTHING. No matter how you rant on the internet, it doesn't change the fact that MOST GHANIANS love and prefer Nigerian music to ur crappy hiplife. 65% of Ghanaian based Radio/TV Stations dedicate several hours airplay for Nigerian music/movies bc thats whats up... These days most Ghanaian musicians copy Nigerian acts and they imitate our accent to sell their music. These are some of the most popular words these talentless ghanaians are using Oga, Tufiakwa, Chinekeeee, Wahala,

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by salam001(m): 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
PetroDolla:

Another edioooot losing it on NL! He's Ghanaian and therefore worth millions of nigerian lives. You sound hopelessly fvcked up! grin grin grin
tsk tsk tsk!,mehn you sick,you need help seriously
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by miqos02(m): 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
Chime Chimezie: 3rd t0 comment o boy i rock o
where is your comment
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by otumfour(m): 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
grin grin grin grin he calls 1 ugly yet, he's got a picture of Obama as his dp......kwasia'ba'kwa grin grin grin

petro! this tin is too weak for u....abeg lef am

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by PetroDolla: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
otumfour: petro!!!!!!! smack these ants grin grin grin grin grin

trust, Otumfour grin grin grin smack and smash them like shitty ants grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by salam001(m): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hmmm,goat don tie wrapper go market today o,imagine a banku man speaking Nigerian pidgin english
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sambos994(m): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ghanaians, why do you guys listen to Nigerian music? Watch Nigerian comedians.....or speak Pidgin English?. Until you come up with anything original, don't even talk.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by PetroDolla: 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ricky_Ross: These bloated poor rats from ghana are angry that Nigerian musicians come to Ghana and steal their show. Its not our fault. Whom God has blessed, no one can curse...

I didnt know ghanaian musicians are this cheap. Sakordie is the biggest act in Ghana, yet he is paid less than 10k USD to perform in a show. Even Nigerian comedians like Ay, I go Die etc makes more than that.

Abrantie, petrodolla and all my inlaws from Ghana, i have one message for you guys. SLIPPERS GET SIZE. NIGERIA IS NOT YOUR MATE IN ANYTHING. No matter how you rant on the internet, it doesn't change the fact that MOST GHANIANS love and prefer Nigerian music to ur crappy hiplife. 65% of Ghanaian based Radio/TV Stations dedicate several hours airplay for Nigerian music/movies bc thats whats up... These days most Ghanaian musicians copy Nigerian acts and they imitate our accent to sell their music. These are some of the most popular words these talentless ghanaians are using Oga, Tufiakwa, Chinekeeee, Wahala,

Why would Ghana even compare itself with the most phucked up country in the world? Give me one good reason why a prgressive cuntry like Ghana, a country that has brought so much pride,honour and dignity to Mother Africa want to compare itself with a country that represents everything evil, criminal and everything negative? This is the crux of the nmatter. Very pathetic indeed. Chei, being tethered to a a hopelessly phucked up country is not funny at all. so I can understand your frustrations, but at least you have to admit your shitty country should be competing with Somalia for the failed state of the century!

65% of Ghanaian stations play nigerian music? Look, I live here in Accra so stop peddling pure crap!

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sambos994(m): 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ricky_Ross: These bloated poor rats from ghana are angry that Nigerian musicians come to Ghana and steal their show. Its not our fault. Whom God has blessed, no one can curse...

Preach it!
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
adora4u1: Dis is like Goldie asking for the same fee as Beyonce!
loool wat a comparison, dat one na bad market o.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sambos994(m): 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
otumfour: ricky! u fat, black pig of a thing, ur posts are always aimed @ Ghana....why? cuz we make u look bad......u claim ur married to a Ghanaian yet, ur always quick to put Ghana down, stay away from Ghana ricky boko, cuz the more u stay in Ghana the more ur hate for us grows, cuz u keep seeing good things here.....muthafurka..... u google nostril having arrz ricky of a thing grin grin grin grin grin grin

Somebody's mad....
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by PetroDolla: 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2012
sambos994: Ghanaians, why do you guys listen to Nigerian music? Watch Nigerian comedians.....or speak Pidgin English?. Until you come up with anything original, don't even talk.

Can't speak for all Ghanaians, but I reckon I personify a contemporary Ghanaian. I listen only to Ghanaian music -in the car, at home etc. Don;t have much time to watch movies, but whenever I want to watch a movie, I am likely to watch an Agya Koo movie. So don't know what you are talking about. Even when I meet people on the street here in Ghana, I speak Twi to them. That's me. Perhaps the only time I listen to any type of music that is non-Ghanaian is when I listen to contemporary jazz.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by sambos994(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
PetroDolla:

Can't speak for all Ghanaians, but I reckon I personify a contemporary Ghanaian. I listen only to Ghanaian music -in the car, at home etc. Don;t have much time to watch movies, but whenever I want to watch a movie, I am likely to watch an Agya Koo movie. So don't know what you are talking about. Even when I meet people on the street here in Ghana, I speak Twi to them. That's me. Perhaps the only time I listen to any type of music that is non-Ghanaian is when I listen to contemporary jazz.

Good for you being all original....I'm talking in general, not individually. You keep on talking trash about Nigerians and Nigerian, but you people listen to made-in-Nigeria entertainment. I mean, even you're on a NIGERIAN forum. Wetin dey vex u nah?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mo Abudu And Her Daughter, Temidayo Abudu At "The Wedding Party 2" Premiere / 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Now Authors (Photos) / Toke Makinwa Is Best Dressed Female Celebrity At The Headies 2014 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.