Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? (28559 Views)

Don Jazzy Backs Out From Bet With Davido(screenshot) / Hot New Pics Of Peter From P-square / Pictures From P Square’s 100 Million Naira Mansion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Cusubaba(m): 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
cameronese:

The poverty level in Ghana is heartbreaking. One day I was walking around the city and happened upon an abandoned railroad station called Kantamanto. Over four thousand homeless people were living there. All around, people were wandering around half-dressed begging for food or money. There was burning trash and feces everywhere. It was one of the saddest things I've ever seen
hahaha... The name they are callin them in Ghana is"Kanye people" they come from northern part of Ghana i.e Tamale, Bolgataga, bawku, wa, walewale, navrango etc. Honestly Ghana is a fake country, they claim they are good but Ghana is the must useless country in Africa. 96% Ghanaians are bastards including their former president Jerry Rawlings. 86% ghanaians don't have ordinary toilent in their houses. 98% Ghanaian women are single mothers with many children from different men. 66% ghanaian children are schooling under trees. What Ghanaian men know best is to drink akpeteshi( local dry gin), wear red and black to attend funaral every saturday. Lazy useless senseless immoral country.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by cameronese(m): 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
Abrantie:

We don turn dat sh!!t to fashion long time ago. Even models in Paris dey rock Ghana Must Go bags, and we proud about having our name next to Gucci & Louis Vuitton!... ya digg? grin grin grin

Like this? Gucci & Louis Vuitton indeed grin grin grin

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Abrantie: 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
cameronese:

The poverty level in Ghana is heartbreaking. One day I was walking around the city and happened upon an abandoned railroad station called Kantamanto. Over four thousand homeless people were living there. All around, people were wandering around half-dressed begging for food or money. There was burning trash and feces everywhere. It was one of the saddest things I've ever seen

And there's no such sight of poverty in Cameroon or Nigeria. Dude, pass around whatever good shiet you're smoking. I want some!

By the way, i heard there's a mega giant slum on the shores of Lagos, in a country known as the shitty giant of africa lol. If you look around, you can see a few of P-Square's illegitimate kids.

DAMN!! with all your oil wealth for the past 50 years, y'all live in a SHIITHOLE.

[size=14pt]Staggering pictures of the families who fight for survival on a sea of festering filth[/size]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209520/The-world-Nigerias-floating-slums-Heartbreaking-photos-reveal-struggle-villagers-forced-live-shacks-water.html

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by cameronese(m): 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
Yeah! its in Ebute Metta -- but the entire place have been demolished and mega constructions are ongoing there now.

By the way, they are fisher men and their families at work -- Look at the pictures below and see just few samples of Low life in Ghana

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Cusubaba(m): 10:57pm On Dec 02, 2012
Abrantie:

And there's no such sight of poverty in Cameroon or Nigeria. Dude, pass around whatever good shiet you're smoking. I want some!

By the way, i heard there's a mega giant slum on the shores of Lagos, in a country known as the shitty giant of africa lol. If you look around, you can see a few of P-Square's illegitimate kids.

DAMN!! with all your oil wealth for the past 50 years, y'all live in a SHIITHOLE.

[size=14pt]Staggering pictures of the families who fight for survival on a sea of festering filth[/size]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209520/The-world-Nigerias-floating-slums-Heartbreaking-photos-reveal-struggle-villagers-forced-live-shacks-water.html

ur a slowpoke sakawa voodoo , their are many slums in Accra, places like Nima, Zongo, kwama nkrumah circle, sodom and gomoroh. While ALABA zongo in kumasi is the biggest slum in Africa.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Biafrarep(m): 11:00pm On Dec 02, 2012
Some people just open their mouth to talk sentimental crap. Now Guinness is a commercial venture and not an NGO or government establishment, their intention for organizing the show, is to encourage their customers and equally lure more to their brand. The best way is for them to go for superstars with the highest appeal and they found that in P-Square, have anyone been to any of their international shows across Africa? Be it Nairobi, Harare, Monrovia, Accra, Lagos, Kampala etc, its always a sell out. P-Square is one of the biggest superstars to emerge from Africa. Can R2bees feature Akon, Rickross and the likes in his album? I see this as crass inferiority complex, would they have cried blue murder if P-Square had come from america? This is part of this stupid Ghanaian ego rivalry with Nigeria.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
Who are they? If not for the song they did with Wande, this would be the first time I'm hearing of them.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by NYgirl: 11:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
All these ghanaians on this forum bashing Nigerians, hasnt it occured to u dt u r on a NIGERIAN forum, and dt some of u commenting here are even doing so in pidgin english?. Aren't these two examples defeating the very purpose of ur arguments of not liking Nigeria. U guys be honest wt urselves, y'all try to be nigerian in every way it's even become pathetic listening to u guys TRYING speaking pidgin. U guys can rave n rant all u want, i know its cos u know d truth n are trying ur darnedest to deny cool it to urselves n to d rest of us, but rest assured, we know better.
U guys are on nairaland and yarning all these dust about naija, y dont u go start ur own Ghanaland or cediland n lets see how dt works out for u. I have no coolthing against u guys as i have a lot of really good Ghanianian friends but u guys just need to stop cool denying d obvious. In d entertainment industry at d very least, Nigeria is LIGHT YEARS ahead of u guys. Ain't nothing u can do about dt, so i strongly suggest u guys deal wt it.
Since i also strongly suspect dt u guys will not be able to deal wt it, im expecting d crazy rants n insults which quite frankly, i dont really give a damn about cos THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH. No manner of cursing is going to change that n we also know d truth is also very bitter cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by cameronese(m): 11:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
Moderator! Stop that play and unhidden my posts, I have been observing this Pedrodollar or Petrolcedis for long now -- and today i decided to take him by his words. Why are you hiding my post noww??
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by princemaicheal: 12:48am On Dec 03, 2012
Zikdik:
Did the post indicate that Psquare listened to them?Are you Psquare's shoemaker? undecided
I jus cant handle it! LOL!
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Ironi: 1:36am On Dec 03, 2012
Cusubaba: ur nothing but a retarded plastic. I don't know why u ghanaians are senseless slowpoke apes. Ur National Tv GTV, Tv3, metro tv, etc shows Nigeria movie every day. Ur Radio stations plays Nigeria songs every minutes. Your women love Nigeria men and they will do anything to get a Nigerian man. For 4 months now ghanaians are living in darkness because of shotage of gas from Nigeria. All u useless, lazy, senseless ghanaians are doing is to continue crying 4 anything Nigeria. Ghana music, movie lack originality, all u senseless ghanaians do is to copy anything Nigeria.

Why would Ghanaian women go after Nigerian men when Ghanain men have way bigger dicks than Nigerian men? cheesy
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Ironi: 2:21am On Dec 03, 2012
Cusubaba: hahaha... The name they are callin them in Ghana is"Kanye people" they come from northern part of Ghana i.e Tamale, Bolgataga, bawku, wa, walewale, navrango etc. Honestly Ghana is a fake country, they claim they are good but Ghana is the must useless country in Africa. 96% Ghanaians are bastards including their former president Jerry Rawlings. 86% ghanaians don't have ordinary toilent in their houses. 98% Ghanaian women are single mothers with many children from different men. 66% ghanaian children are schooling under trees. What Ghanaian men know best is to drink akpeteshi( local dry gin), wear red and black t
o attend funaral every saturday. Lazy useless senseless immoral country.

Hehehehe, you sound very desperate and it makes you look like a retard. There is no basis for your stats.

But this is a fact, that 80% of Nigerians live in abject poverty. And this is a country of 160 - 180M population so do the math and tell me who is useless. People living in abject poverty in nigeria is about 5 times the population of Ghana.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 03, 2012
martyns303: Beside being ft. In the remix of wande coal's song I've never heard about this guys, plus they kept screaming their name in that song jst to get some recognition via Wande. I attended a show where John Legend performed, in that same city Flavor Nnabania performed weeks later and it was like Flavor is the bigger artist. This R2bees guys need to understand that Nigerian artists are global now. Would they have expected to be paid same amount with John Legend if he were to attend that show with them? And Psquare are even bigger than Flavor. They should concentrate on making good records, the pay will rise without them protesting.
dude, your surmise is dead wrong, first of, that song was actually done by R2bees & dey featured wande coal, not the other way round, infact it was produced by the number 1 producer in Gh; killbeatz, secondly, it amazes me when I see how pompous Nigerians are,was this not the very same thing eedris fought for that turned the naija music scene around,now you want to lord it over your neighbours in ghana & expect dem to eat the humble pie? That's wrong. They have as much rights as P square to get a high pay, maybe not same as P square but something worthy, I live in gh & if u hear what all this their stars get as pay (both music & movie stars)you will shake your head in pity.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Cusubaba(m): 5:36am On Dec 03, 2012
Ironi:

Hehehehe, you sound very desperate and it makes you look like a retard. There is no basis for your stats.

But this is a fact, that 80% of Nigerians live in abject poverty. And this is a country of 160 - 180M population so do the math and tell me who is useless. People living in abject poverty in nigeria is about 5 times the population of Ghana.
Typical senseless Ghana man. 95% of Ghanaians live in abject poverty, your late president John Atta Mills is an exemple, na hungry na him waya him dead. NPP Presidental candidate, Nana Akufua Adu promise Ghanaians free Senior High School because Ghanaian children Pays 6.5 million old cedis per ann for ordinary secondary school in Ghana that is why 76% of Ghana children can't afford ordinary government school in Ghana. He also promise to help 4,224 schools that operate under the trees. He promise to provide electricity for 7,482 communities that are living in darkness in Ghana . Ugly lazy animal did u which Ghana presidential debate, honestly Ghana is a shit hole.The fact is that Ghana is a village when compared to Nigeria, Ivory Coast or Senegal in West Africa. The only develop place in Ghana is east legon, spritex road, osu while Nima, Sodom and Gomoroh, zongo, kwama Nkrumah circle in Accra are the worst slums in Africa. Kumasi is a glorified village. Upper East, Upper west, Northern, volta, Eastarn, Central, Western, Broho ahafor Regions are TYPICAL VILLAGES.
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by onatisi(m): 7:36am On Dec 03, 2012
i have always been telling people ,NEVER ARGUE WITH A GHANA MAN,he will never see reason with u,even if jesus comes to tell him the obvious fact and truth he will tell u that what does jesus know ,afterall he lives in heaven.
when it comes to ghana things the average ghana man believes that ghana thingsis superior to all other countries ,last week they were arguing with me that asmoah gyan nd sammy kuffor are greater more than baloteli and yaya toure ,so u can be on this arguement for years a ghana man will never see reason except for a very few educated among them,ironically their women are different nd they re open to new ideas nd suggestions .the only thing that caan maake a ghana think straight and see reason is when u slap him or threaten him with police .

1 Like

Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by oadah(m): 7:44am On Dec 03, 2012
so with the crap psquare is singing they are referred to as stars
no unique style, crappy refurbished songs....in fact i respect zule zoo more than them cos they contributed meaninfully to Nigerian music.

we Nigerians are always fond of supporting our own which is not bad but haba, R2Bees have been in the game long time ago and for goodness sake
why they go pay Psquare much more

I rep R2Bees for the decision, its not all about money, they have sent the message..shikena!!
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by Revolva(m): 7:48am On Dec 03, 2012
R2bees should just accept the moulah na they are just like upcoming artist to me ... They are not really big or made ... How can they compare themselves with psquare -- ol boy shoe get size na
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by londoner: 7:50am On Dec 03, 2012
Have r2bees EVER been paid $300k for a show, or the same fee as P-square?

Have they ever protested their fee when they have supported bigger acts before.... or is it ok to be paid lower only if the person is not Nigerian?

Can they bring in a crowd that will justify that $300k?

These are the questions they should ask themselves.

So, they will go with nothing and P-square will get paid and continue to, wherever they go.

Ghanaian artists need to face facts.......they do not have appeal across Africa, just Ghana mainly.

Nigerians artists have WORKED to be relevant all over Africa.

When have they even bothered to perform in South Africa, or Kenya or Ivory Coast.....or even Nigeria?

They snub their would be fans, who are not Ghanaian and so pay for it with their respective fees.

P Square belong to Africa, not just Nigeria and they show it by giving other countries the time of day, which endears more fans to them.

Many people who are not Ghanaian or Nigerian can not even name more than three Ghanaian artists..........Ghana wake up, you did it to yourselves.

P square FILLS stadiums on their own OUTSIDE NIGERIA.......when R2BEES can do that outside of Ghana then they can demand more money.

Ghanaian artists need to put in the work and leave ghana and operform to get a large fan base....at the moment they are local.....and collect local fees.

If Idris did the same with 50 cent, it does not mean it was right.....it means it was misguided. Under what circumstances should Idris have been paid the same as 50 Cents[b]Have r2bees EVER been paid $300k for a show, or the same fee as P-square?

Have they ever protested their fee when they have supported bigger acts before.... or is it ok to be paid lower only if the person is not Nigerian?

So, they will go with nothing and P-square will get paid and continue to, wherever they go.

Ghanaian artists need to face facts.......they do not have appeal across Africa, just Ghana mainly.

When have they even bothered to perform in South Africa, or Kenya or Ivory Coast.....or even Nigeria?

They snub their would be fans, who are not Ghanaian and so pay for it with their respective fees.

P Square belong to Africa, not just Nigeria and they show it by giving other countries the time of day, which endears more fans to them.

Many people who are not Ghanaian or Nigerian can not even name more than three Ghanaian artists..........Ghana wake up, you did it to yourselves.

P square FILLS stadiums on their own OUTSIDE NIGERIA.......when R2BEES can do that outside of Ghana then they can demand more money.

Ghanaian artists need to put in the work and leave ghana and operform to get a large fan base....at the moment they are local.....and collect local fees.

If Idris did the same with 50 cent, it does not mean it was right.....it means it was misguided. Under what circumstances should Idris have been paid the same as 50 Cents[/b]Have r2bees EVER been paid $300k for a show, or the same fee as P-square?

If Idris did the same with 50 cent, it does not mean it was right.....it means it was misguided. Under what circumstances should Idris have been paid the same as 50 Cents
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by ericbenjooo: 8:12am On Dec 03, 2012
ebamma 3: I can't blame them sha, imagine a foreigner being paid more than you in your own country to do the same job
yes but there are sometinz 2 be considered oboy,how many foreign musician R2bees abi wetin una call am don feature 4 his life, who know him self out of his country,if nobi nairaland self I 4 no know person wey dem dey call R2bees self.....lolz
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by oadah(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2012
Nduson20: psquare sing crap yet dey are been paid $200k for jst a show, known all over africa and beyound,have 5 multi platinum albums etc. Wat does ur 2face and M.I achive more dan dat?appreciate gud tins so gud tins cud cum 2u.

so you dey compare psquare with 2face??
and where did you hear that they have 5 platinum albums?

psquare are just entertainers that cannot even do live band
please dont start a national argument that will affect the career of psquare just as jah rule's career nosedived when he was nationally compared with 2pac

ABEG OOOOO
shoe get size
Re: Ghana's R2bees Backs Out From P-square Concert - Because Of Money? by PetroDolla: 8:29am On Dec 03, 2012
Cusubaba: Typical senseless Ghana man. 95% of Ghanaians live in abject poverty, your late president John Atta Mills is an exemple, na hungry na him waya him dead. NPP Presidental candidate, Nana Akufua Adu promise Ghanaians free Senior High School because Ghanaian children Pays 6.5 million old cedis per ann for ordinary secondary school in Ghana that is why 76% of Ghana children can't afford ordinary government school in Ghana. He also promise to help 4,224 schools that operate under the trees. He promise to provide electricity for 7,482 communities that are living in darkness in Ghana . Ugly lazy animal did u which Ghana presidential debate, honestly Ghana is a shit hole.The fact is that Ghana is a village when compared to Nigeria, Ivory Coast or Senegal in West Africa. The only develop place in Ghana is east legon, spritex road, osu while Nima, Sodom and Gomoroh, zongo, kwama Nkrumah circle in Accra are the worst slums in Africa. Kumasi is a glorified village. Upper East, Upper west, Northern, volta, Eastarn, Central, Western, Broho ahafor Regions are TYPICAL VILLAGES.

The last I checked, the only thing in Nigeria close to a city is Abuja,huh? Even then Abuja is still a small place, and things are beginning to fall apart in that city already.

If your idea of a city is the slum nigeria has become, then I am sorry for you. I’ll live in a ‘village’ any day provided it has what it takes – good roads, electricity good health care, security, potable water, shops, schools etc. In my opinion, those are the elements that count, whether village or city. How many of your cities have those facilities and amenities? How many of your people have access to electricity? How many of your people can sleep with their two eyes closed at night? In the day time, they have to deal with book haram, kidnappers, ritualists etc etc. And how many of your people-whether in the city or village- have access to good quality education? Why do you think your compatriots are trooping to Ghana to attend school every day?

Let me tell you a little story

This Nigerian woman brought her daughter to attend a public secondary school in Ghana few weeks ago. Since she was new to Ghana she pleaded that I accompany her to the school, which is outside Accra. And since I had a little bit free time I took her and daughter to the school.

First, she was hugely impressed with the road. She said the road we traveled on was one of the best she had seen, especially as it goes up a mountainous terrain. When we got to the school, we found out that the girl should have done medical examination before reporting. So the school authorities refused to admit her until the tests were carried out. I asked for the nearest hospital where all the tests could be done and we were directed to a government-owned hospital about 60 kilomters away, in some 'village'. Again we drove on top class-European standard road. We met very professional-looking health workers. Within an hour, we have done all the tests, including a comprehensive eye test, and computer generated result were issued to us. At that facility, deep in the Ghanaian hinterland, the Nigerian woman was truly fascinated to see computers everywhere. Everything had been computerized- from collecting a card to the payment system.
Do you know what the Nigerian woman said? She said this can’t happen even at the best public hospital in lagos! Chances are that there won’t be electricity to operate the computers and even if the tests are done, you may have to come the following day to take the results after paying a hefty bribe.

So my guy, keep deceiving yourself.

No amount of rantings will change the pitiable state your country finds itself today. And my honest opinion is that
Nigeria is falling apart and the signs are there for all discerning people.

And while you swim in the ocean of self delusion- I hope you can fix that Seme-Lagos highway (you call it expressway or something). It is more than a national disgrace! you can find money to build a second banquet hall at the presidential villa and yet cannot find money to fix the road that links your country to the outside world? Do you wonder why non-nigerians think you people are weird? Very weird?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Naira Marley Granted Bail After 10 Days In Custody / Kenneth Okolie & Jessica Nwakah's Pre-Wedding Photos / Sean Tizzle Bowing Before President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.