Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,011 members, 7,835,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets (17038 Views)

Nigerian Men Who Own Private Jets -photos / The Number Of Private Jets In Nigeria - NCAA / 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Wsdm: 4:34am On Dec 04, 2012
Demdem: How can u properly place a value on a machinery when u can't assess it.
U don't even understand its configurations and workings.
These valuers needs to be careful and place value on what they fully understand.
Engineers are best qualified to place the right value on their machinery and not valuers. We also have cost Engineers.
The engineers are only allowed by law to place cost on the machines since they are involved in its production and maintenance. But value is solely dependent on economic forces of demand and supply hence the need for the valuers to come in. However, the valuer may not adequately determine the value of the machine without reference to the cost.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Shenez: 4:40am On Dec 04, 2012
#1.3trillion can go along way for creating employement. At times i refuse to blame the govt.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Godogwu: 4:40am On Dec 04, 2012
Kamsy10: I believe you're the one whose stupidity needs to be examined. Isn't that statement too obvious?

please comment on the topic and stop disturbing me aii
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Godogwu: 4:42am On Dec 04, 2012
Trojavirus: Our universities do not have the right laboratory to graduate globally competitive graduate because we are poor and yet we are rich enough to fly planes. One of those planes will equip our lab.

so about 20 million dollars will equip all the Uni labs in Nigeria? oh my stup!d people....stup!d people everywhere!!
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Wsdm: 4:47am On Dec 04, 2012
manny4life:

This is the most ignorant statement in this epistle - how can engineers determine its workability if they don't have a knowledge about it's parts and components that determines its value? For instance, what Boeing engineer doesn't know the actual value of an aircraft engine? Is it not his assessment of all it's parts, components etc that thus determines the value?

I'm no engineer but this is an insult to their profession, what rubbish. So Eng. tells them it works, how do they know for certain, it life cycle as well as other engineering to determine it's real value?
Is not usually viewed that way. There is difference between cost and value. Cost is the total expenses involved in the production of the machine while value depends on the market forces of demand and supply. For example; if the cost of a building is 5m, the same building may vary in value because of location, the demand of the client and so forth. Point of note; the valuer can not independently determine the value without making reference to the cost.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by StevensJojo(f): 5:22am On Dec 04, 2012
3direct: My own jet on the way
and mine to jare.I just don't get the negative attitude of some people towards this private jet issue.To me its a welcome development.If the itinerary of a person demands it why not?!-pastor or no pastor!.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by olly4life: 6:48am On Dec 04, 2012
In as much they refuse to repair our road & dey know d danger on d road, they are running to d air abi, soon na one by one their jets go dey crash IJN/ insha allah/Sango a san pa won(na statement o). I av said that the child U̶̲̥̅̊ deny good living of life will b a pain in d neck of ur children. QED.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by anitank(f): 6:56am On Dec 04, 2012
coretechng: Omo its a big deal.
really? why exactly because maybe am missing something here
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Greatken007(m): 7:37am On Dec 04, 2012
Double Taxation is UNJUST, are members of churches not potential payers of tax to the government?That a pastor own a jet isnt your business,giv to cessar wat is cessar and to God wat is God.Dont forget, poor minds discus pple and great minds ideas,Stop discusing pple,sit up and u wil get there?
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by BelG(m): 7:45am On Dec 04, 2012
Allelujah kiss
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by benson19: 7:48am On Dec 04, 2012
Nigerian youth make una go hustle ooo... By d way among d 200 private jets aw many of it belong 2 d pastors
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by luluosas(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2012
anitank: so?

why has the news of private jets become such a big deal in Nigeria??
If only you know that Nigerians are suffering serious poverty, you wouldn't have open your mouth this way. Anyway, your comment shows that you belong to the clique of those bastardizing Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by luluosas(m): 7:52am On Dec 04, 2012
Greatken007: Double Taxation is UNJUST, are members of churches not potential payers of tax to the government?That a pastor own a jet isnt your business,giv to cessar wat is cessar and to God wat is God.Dont forget, poor minds discus pple and great minds ideas,Stop discusing pple,sit up and u wil get there?
If Jesus has shown this form of extravagance life as it is daily being displayed by our so called GOs/Bishops/Pastors of today, all in the name I must belong to the group of Private jets owners, where do you think Christianity would have been?
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 04, 2012
Godogwu:

so about 20 million dollars will equip all the Uni labs in Nigeria? oh my stup!d people....stup!d people everywhere!!

Actually, N1.3 trillion is equivalent to $6.7 billion.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 04, 2012
i, ve just acquired mine this morning, so they should change the number to 201

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 04, 2012
vislabraye: All these happening in GEJ's regime. Next, they would start giving National Honours to thieves.

If you have nothing to say why not shut de fuk up
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 04, 2012

You must be a member of one of the jet pastors' church.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Demdem(m): 8:10am On Dec 04, 2012
Wsdm: Is not usually viewed that way. There is difference between cost and value. Cost is the total expenses involved in the production of the machine while value depends on the market forces of demand and supply. For example; if the cost of a building is 5m, the same building may vary in value because of location, the demand of the client and so forth. Point of note; the valuer can not independently determine the value without making reference to the cost.

I understand u perfectly well. Are u also aware that there is a discipline within the Engineering family that have a good understanding of market forces of demand and supply? We call them Cost Engineers. Besides i do not see any valuer that can properly place a salvage value on any machinery he simply doesn't understand its components. Just to categorize various materials and usefulness, i doubt if its within valuers scope of knowledge (i stand to be corrected if not true). u are right to state the above bolded sha.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by TheMatrix3: 8:14am On Dec 04, 2012
mr atom: bunch of Thiefs, imagine pastor own private jet while his followers dying whith hunger,

Must you call pastors name? Abi na pastor say make you no hussle gat ya own money. I wonder why pastors are synonymous to private jets these days. In the 80's pastors used to be known as poor and wretched, now their story has changed, tongues have started wagging.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by VirginFinder: 8:34am On Dec 04, 2012
Demdem: How can u properly place a value on a machinery when u can't assess it.
U don't even understand its configurations and workings.
These valuers needs to be careful and place value on what they fully understand.
Engineers are best qualified to place the right value on their machinery and not valuers. We also have cost Engineers.

Thank you o demdem.

I thought I was the only that noticed his gaffe.

What is the essence of Engineer-in-Society 1 &2 I did back in school if I can't value equipment and machines?
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by alajor(m): 8:34am On Dec 04, 2012
I'm buying my own jet soon,I've already placed an order, thank u
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2012
mr atom: bunch of Thiefs, imagine pastor own private jet while his followers dying whith hunger,
with nt whith embarassed
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 04, 2012
Seyilome: why always thread of private jets on nairaland? see mumu moderator,he don run put am to front page.na wa o

Am I sure this moderator read the content. So if they value private jets, have they valued my toyota camry

Very empty news. They are just looking for whom to syphoon his money in the name of jet valuation.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 04, 2012
CFCfan: If I'm not mistaken, N1.3 trillion is about one-quarter of the federal budget.. Amazing. shocked

Meanwhile, the domestic carriers have a total of 50 planes in their fleet. shocked

While the commercial airlines are struggling with running costs to keep afloat in business, few Nigerians are living like oil sheiks.

We sef wey be passengers dey find am hard to pay cash of N25,000 at the airport so we have to book at N15,000 3 weeks ahead of travel date. Some sef no get money enta keke napep for town, come they use legediz benz waka pass ''Johnny Walker''.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2012
@ okpara ugo: I think air fares can be brought down to about N5000 round-trip or N10000 one-way trip if the airlines are able to add more domestic flights.

The additional domestic flights would likely have to take place in the night. Presently, most airports in the country, including MMIA don't have lighting on the domestic runways. Even the Arik Air MD said that commercial airplanes of d domestic carriers are under-utilized due to this situation. Also, another airline MD estimated that the airlines lose over N1bn/yr in revenue as a result of such under-utilization. cry
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by mko2005: 9:17am On Dec 04, 2012
Is private Jet meant for only children of the devil ? After una go say make man of God no drive car or may be he should move around un-clad !
God bless us
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by miqos02(m): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2012
so long as the jets are not bought with my money
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Wsdm: 9:24am On Dec 04, 2012
Demdem:

I understand u perfectly well. Are u also aware that there is a discipline within the Engineering family that have a good understanding of market forces of demand and supply? We call them Cost Engineers. Besides i do not see any valuer that can properly place a salvage value on any machinery he simply doesn't understand its components. Just to categorize various materials and usefulness, i doubt if its within valuers scope of knowledge (i stand to be corrected if not true). u are right to state the above bolded sha.
The valuer base on his professional ethics is to consult the cost engineers and also combine the market forces before placing value on plants and machinery. This is what the law is saying. For example: in building construction, the quantity surveyor costs the building while the estate surveyor places market value using several parameters.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Demdem(m): 9:31am On Dec 04, 2012
Wsdm: The valuer base on his professional ethics is to consult the cost engineers and also combine the market forces before placing value on plants and machinery. This is what the law is saying. For example: in building construction, the quantity surveyor costs the building while the estate surveyor places market value using several parameters.

This law needs to be expunged. Why should i go outside when i have peeps withing my professional family that i feel can do the job better.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by simdam500(m): 9:42am On Dec 04, 2012
Dat good!!! Abi wetin i wan talk?
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by pure123: 9:44am On Dec 04, 2012

God go bless you ooo... i don't know there problems, just to bring MOG's name to mud again?
God will deliver us....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Things To Bear In Mind When Reversing Your Car / Ibomair To Welcome 2 New Aircrafts By March 2021 - Governor Udom / Environmental Truck Rams Into A Supermarket In Abia State, Kills Young Man. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.