Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,630 members, 7,813,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets (17016 Views)

Nigerian Men Who Own Private Jets -photos / The Number Of Private Jets In Nigeria - NCAA / 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2012
Nigerians have invested about N1.3 trillion in the acquisition of private jets in the last three years, according to the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV). The institute disclosed this in Lagos recently at an international seminar on plants and machinery valuation with focus on aircraft, oil and gas installations. The NIESV said that the number of privately-owned jets in the country has jumped from 50 in the last three years to 200

The coordinator of the seminar, Paul Osuji, said that because of time constraints and other factors, the number of private jets would continue to be on the increase. He said that the seminar was organized to train their members on plant and machinery valuation, noting that at times, people purchase properties without knowing their real worth. According to him, professionals in Estate Surveying and Valuation are trained to value aircraft before they are paid for and brought into the country.

Osuji said that they have valued most of the private jets that are plying the Nigerian airspace "We are mandated by our profession to constantly train and retrain our members. After the last Dana Airlines crash, a lot of attention had been drawn to the aviation sector. People now want to know the airworthiness of the aircraft they want to pay for or they want to fly in. That is why we organize this seminar and most often, we bring our colleagues from other parts of the world to come and share their knowledge with us.

We are the only profession that is authorized by law to place value on any property .We are professionally trained to value properties and there is a world of difference between assessing a machinery and placing value on it. When the engineers assess a machine, what they are trying to find out is its workability. That has nothing to do with the value of the machine .It is the surveyors and valuers that have the requisite knowledge as well as the expertise to place values on items,"Osuji said.

In his opening remarks, NIESV president, Emeka Eleh, said that it is only by constant training that the members could differentiate themselves from quacks. He said if the members become proficient in their professions, when outsiders deal with them and the quacks, they would have no cause to patronize the quacks.

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2012/dec/3/514.html
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by anitank(f): 9:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
so?

why has the news of private jets become such a big deal in Nigeria??

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by drstan(m): 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
So what next?
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Techwriter: 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
You see
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by mratom: 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
bunch of Thiefs, imagine pastor own private jet while his followers dying whith hunger,

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by IfyMeg(m): 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
Meaning
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Seyilome(m): 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
why always thread of private jets on nairaland? see mumu moderator,he don run put am to front page.na wa o

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by 3direct: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
My own jet on the way

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by kuzzieOtiz: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
Maintenance cost must be high?? wink
My keke napep is currently grounded, chei fuel. angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by pat077: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
my own is on d way.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Demdem(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
How can u properly place a value on a machinery when u can't assess it.
U don't even understand its configurations and workings.
These valuers needs to be careful and place value on what they fully understand.
Engineers are best qualified to place the right value on their machinery and not valuers. We also have cost Engineers.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
If I'm not mistaken, N1.3 trillion is about one-quarter of the federal budget.. Amazing. shocked

Meanwhile, the domestic carriers have a total of 50 planes in their fleet. shocked
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by gratiaeo(m): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2012
Waiting concern me concern private jet Abeg make them carry their wahala shift one side matcheeeeeeeeen private jet ko' private jet ni'
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by tellwisdom: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
Please you people shouldn't give me hypertension sad sad
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Redmosquito(m): 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2012
Minion: Ur Wickedness! There are over 200 private jet in Nigeria! shocked
Hades: So what?! undecided No matter how high they fly, shall they not still succumb to the depths of the underworld?! undecided
Minion: My King! I never actually thought of that

18 Likes

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by drstan(m): 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
mr atom: bunch of Thiefs, imagine pastor own private jet while his followers dying whith hunger,
wait must you bring pastor into this,? Or was the article specific?
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by IdiAmin2(m): 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
pat077: my own is on d way.

Oh boy, u don open church?

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by timbros(m): 10:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
Summary? Anyone?
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2012
na who come change NL background again? undecided
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by BAZ001: 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2012
mr atom: bunch of Thiefs, imagine pastor own private jet while his followers dying whith hunger,

How many people them go feed?
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by jimino(m): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hw wil dis news reduce d cost of fud item in d market

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by instaforexngr(m): 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
jimino: Hw wil dis news reduce d cost of fud item in d market
i tire ooo
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by vislabraye(m): 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
All these happening in GEJ's regime. Next, they would start giving National Honours to thieves.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by TableLeg(m): 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
OK
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by muchyblink(m): 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
my frnd, dat is d truth. churches are suppose to be paying taxes dis time around cos they are running a private limited liability company.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by gwas(m): 10:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
Just 200? As big as Nigeria is? Unbelievable! Do these people even know 123 at all?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by 50calibre(m): 10:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
This is just a travesty, a country like Nigeria where most people survive on less that a dollar a day has 200 private jets whereas many developed nations with much much higher standards of living can't boast of such.
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by PastorOla1: 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
What a small number, Mine is on the way too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Bridgedude(m): 10:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
Lookin' 4ward 2 gettin' 1 too...someday!
Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by manny4life(m): 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
We are the only profession that is authorized by law to place value on any property .We are professionally trained to value properties and there is a world of difference between assessing a machinery and placing value on it. When the engineers assess a machine, what they are trying to find out is its workability. That has nothing to do with the value of the machine .It is the surveyors and valuers that have the requisite knowledge as well as the expertise to place values on items,"Osuji said.

This is the most ignorant statement in this epistle - how can engineers determine its workability if they don't have a knowledge about it's parts and components that determines its value? For instance, what Boeing engineer doesn't know the actual value of an aircraft engine? Is it not his assessment of all it's parts, components etc that thus determines the value?

I'm no engineer but this is an insult to their profession, what rubbish. So Eng. tells them it works, how do they know for certain, it life cycle as well as other engineering to determine it's real value?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Own 200 Private Jets by Olaone1: 10:44pm On Dec 03, 2012
Pastor Ola: What a small number, Mine is on the way too.

Very small, Pastor.

What is the name of your church, Pastor? I know 4 has beens and they are searching for a good church to worship. They still have bales of hard currency. I am sure you're 'called'. You will lead them in a righteous way. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Things To Bear In Mind When Reversing Your Car / 5 Rules To Survive In Warri / Tanker Explosion In Anambra Kills Many, Destroys Vehicles, 7 Buildings And Shops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.