Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,615 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Why Do You Love America? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do You Love America? (13838 Views)

Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel / What Do You Love About Some Places And States In Nigeria? / Where Would You Love to Have Your Honeymoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2012
temmytanny: u dey worri oooo,he beta make u live the babe jare... she no sabi anything

I probably know much more than you on those issues, so no need to insult me!
Re: Why Do You Love America? by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
miss-sweety86:

No, I don't support any of that. But I highly condem the war started by the US/UK on Iraq because it destroyed the country for no reason. The US army has caused more damage to the lives of Iraqi than Saddam Hussein ever did. The US/UK started a war in Irak supposedly to bring peace, which doesn't make any sense because war can never bring peace. They attacked Iraq without the approval of the Security Council.
I don't support any of the regimes you mentionned, but I think the way the US government acted to solve the problem was really wrong and caused more damage than anything. The lives of Iraqi citizens was much better under Saddam Hussein than after the American occupation, but that's something the media don't show. But just look at the statisitcs: high mortality rates, low participation of women, endemic diseases, poor access to water and sanition,... everything was worsen after the American invasion. And I'm not even talking about the push of the US government for the 13 years of economic sanctions imposed on Iraq.

and for the stupid person who make the comment about Iraq/Irak: I'm bilingual French-English so sometimes I mix the two spellings. At least I don't call Iraqi "Iraqians"!!!

It is ok sweety grin, there is no silly person on this thread we only have different opinions, all your argument about US is under BUSH administration, the present administration have started pulling troupes out of Afgan and Iraq by the end of 2014 everything will be ok.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

It is ok sweety grin, there is no silly person on this thread we only have different opinions, all your argument about US is under BUSH administration, the present administration have started pulling troupes out of Afgan and Iraq by the end of 2014 everything will be ok.

It's not gonna be OK by 2014 but only when US/UK government would have been held accountable for their wrong doing and repair the damage caused to the people. Obama didn't do anything more than removing troupes but he didn't even apologize for the violations of international law and for the harm caused to Iraq.

The silly person is the one who start by saying stupid things about my country when he clearly doesn't know anything about it, and then calls me uneducated because I spelled Irak instead of Iraq once.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
justwise:

That is one thing that scares me to hell about America.

It scares the government too, now becoming rampant recently, a guy just went inside a mall in Oregon and begin to shoot innocent shoppers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by temmytanny(m): 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
miss-sweety86:

I probably know much more than you on those issues, so no need to insult me!
sorry if you see that as insult. But why are you in US if you know US is that bad,why benefiting form their work and education?why not switszerland?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
miss-sweety86:

No, I don't support any of that. But I highly condem the war started by the US/UK on Iraq because it destroyed the country for no reason. The US army has caused more damage to the lives of Iraqi than Saddam Hussein ever did. The US/UK started a war in Irak supposedly to bring peace, which doesn't make any sense because war can never bring peace. They attacked Iraq without the approval of the Security Council.
I don't support any of the regimes you mentionned, but I think the way the US government acted to solve the problem was really wrong and caused more damage than anything. The lives of Iraqi citizens was much better under Saddam Hussein than after the American occupation, but that's something the media don't show. But just look at the statisitcs: high mortality rates, low participation of women, endemic diseases, poor access to water and sanition,... everything was worsen after the American invasion. And I'm not even talking about the push of the US government for the 13 years of economic sanctions imposed on Iraq.

and for the stupid person who make the comment about Iraq/Irak: I'm bilingual French-English so sometimes I mix the two spellings. At least I don't call Iraqi "Iraqians"!!!

You are back with your insults, but you will be the first to report me to other Mods and send private emails.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by justwise(m): 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
temmytanny: sorry if you see that as insult. But why are you in US if you know US is that bad,why benefiting form their work and education?why not switszerland?

Why apologizing to somebody who is quick to insult others and not ready to get some back?
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2012
temmytanny: sorry if you see that as insult. But why are you in US if you know US is that bad,why benefiting form their work and education?why not switszerland?

I'm not living in the USA, I just went there for an exchange programme few years ago. And I found the level of their universities (I was in a private college) to be very low compared to Switzerland.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
justwise:

Why apologizing to somebody who is quick to insult others and not ready to get some back?

If for your stating the thruth about an issue is an insult then you have a lot of problems to face....

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
justwise: [/b]

You are back with your insults, but you will be the first to report me to other Mods and send private emails.

If you could be prevented from sending me insulting messages like you did last night it would be very good.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by justwise(m): 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
miss-sweety86:

If for your stating the thruth about an issue is an insult then you have a lot of problems to face....

And you don't accept the truth about your own country? Is an insult to state the truth about the wars fought by your country and how they helped Nigerian thieving politicians hide stolen billions from Nigeria?
Re: Why Do You Love America? by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
miss-sweety86:

If you could be prevented from sending me insulting messages like you did last night it would be very good.

Every email you got from me was a reply to those you sent me, i saw your emails and replied accordingly, i'm ready to paste ALL of them here for everybody to read. and i have blocked you from sending me any insulting emails.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2012
miss-sweety86:

I'm not living in the USA, I just went there for an exchange programme few years ago. And I found the level of their universities (I was in a private college) to be very low compared to Switzerland.

..and at the same time no university in Switzerland is ranked top 10 in the world?
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
justwise:

Every email you got from me was a reply to those you sent me, i saw your emails and replied accordingly, i'm ready to paste ALL of them here for everybody to read. and i have blocked you from sending me any insulting emails.

Please, do so if that makes you happy.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
justwise:

Petraeus .....?
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
justwise: [/b]

..and at the same time no university in Switzerland is ranked top 10 in the world?

It is not because there are some prestigious institutions of high education there that every university is good! And you are very bad informed on the rank of Swiss universities because they are very well placed!!!
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
justwise:

And you don't accept the truth about your own country? Is an insult to state the truth about the wars fought by your country and how they helped Nigerian thieving politicians hide stolen billions from Nigeria?

You didn't say anything about my country except that it has fought 6 wars, which you didn't mention anything about (I'm pretty sure you don't know anything on that). As for the issue of the money put in bank accounts, it seems that you only got your information from popular media, which reveal only part of the story!
Re: Why Do You Love America? by justwise(m): 2:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
miss-sweety86:

It is not because there are some prestigious institutions of high education there that every university is good! And you are very bad informed on the rank of Swiss universities because they are very well placed!!!

Very well placed in Switzerland, your highest ranked university in the world is 13th, there are more USA and UK universities before that.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
depends on the rankings, depends on the subject

Switzerland is also ranked best place to be born in 2013, maybe you could also take that into account before saying so many negative things about my country when you clearly don't know anything

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by justwise(m): 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
miss-sweety86:

You didn't say anything about my country except that it has fought 6 wars, which you didn't mention anything about (I'm pretty sure you don't know anything on that). As for the issue of the money put in bank accounts, it seems that you only got your information from popular media, which reveal only part of the story!

You seems to know very much about American war history and very little about the wars fought by your country and the role your country played in helping Nigerians hide stolen money.

If i'm misleading people then tell us the truth supported with verifiable link.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
miss-sweety86:
depends on the rankings, depends on the subject

Switzerland is also ranked best place to be born in 2013, maybe you could also take that into account before saying so many negative things about my country when you clearly don't know anything

Many countries in the past have been given that rank, many years ago Nigerians were ranked the happiest people in the world.

Its funny that you are quite happy to express your hatred for other countries and come out smoking when your countries past is exposed.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 14, 2012
justwise:

You seems to know very much about American war history and very little about the wars fought by your country and the role your country played in helping Nigerians hide stolen money.

If i'm misleading people then tell us the truth supported with verifiable link.

I'm not an expert on that issue, but I know that what you're saying comes only from media and isn't the truth. And the Swiss banks are not responsible for the money put in their accounts. You should rather focus your anger on the people who stole that money rather than on the Swiss banks.

And I know my country's history, so can you name the wars you're talking about? Switzerland, as a federal state, hasn't fought war. Unlike the US who have fought many wars in the previous decades. And you cannot compare the wars fought by Switzerland, such as the Battle of Morgarten between Switzerland and Austria, to the US war in Iraq.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
justwise:

Many countries in the past have been given that rank, many years ago Nigerians were ranked the happiest people in the world.

Its funny that you are quite happy to express your hatred for other countries and come out smoking when your countries past is exposed.

if you think stating that my country's universities ranks 13th is a bad thing then I think you have a real problem....

and if you wanna talk about my country, get some real information and not just wikipedia and popular media!
Re: Why Do You Love America? by justwise(m): 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
miss-sweety86:

I'm not an expert on that issue, but I know that what you're saying comes only from media and isn't the truth. And the Swiss banks are not responsible for the money put in their accounts. You should rather focus your anger on the people who stole that money rather than on the Swiss banks.

And I know my country's history, so can you name the wars you're talking about? Switzerland, as a federal state, hasn't fought war. [/b]Unlike the US who have fought many wars in the previous decades. [b]And you cannot compare the wars fought by Switzerland, such as the Battle of Morgarten between Switzerland and Austria, to the US war in Iraq.

You are really confused, at one point you said Switzerland hasn't fought any war and then you contradicted yourself and stated they have actually fought one?

This is my last reply to you.

Please stop reporting me to me, i have received another report from you now in my email. Use this link https://www.nairaland.com/776835/feedback-comments-complaints to report me to Seun or anybody.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
justwise:

And I have not experessed any hate for any country. I just stated my disapproval of American politicians' actions. And the fact that I don't think American are intelligent or have a great sense of solidarity.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
justwise:

You are really confused,

so which wars are you talking about?
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Tiwanna(f): 12:15am On Dec 15, 2012
i think say this thread na 4 why we love america and not why we hate it? hmmm
@leripa change the name of the thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 15, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Jenny, security system is superb, I guess you are talking about "right to own a gun".There is a debate going on presently on gun control and the government is taking serious measure on that, meanwhile, that is not enough to hate the country.

Like the killing in Connecticut trending now?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 12:48am On Dec 15, 2012
justwise:

That is one thing that scares me to hell about America.

Tell me about it. Funny how another shooting has happened .
Re: Why Do You Love America? by justwise(m): 1:21am On Dec 15, 2012
jennykadry:

Tell me about it. Funny how another shooting has happened .

Shocking!!! Just as we were saying.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 2:09am On Dec 15, 2012
cry
justwise:

Shocking!!! Just as we were saying.

Yes. I woke up to this news. What a shame.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 6:55am On Dec 15, 2012
Tiwanna: i think say this thread na 4 why we love america and not why we hate it? hmmm
@leripa change the name of the thread.

grin grin off topic comments are witnessed in almost all topics. may God help us my sister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Survive The Bus Life In Lagos, Nigeria / FG Faults British Travel Ban, Alleges Most Infected Travellers From UK / Schengen Italy Visa Application Processed In 5days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.